Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Trast posted:

Four mega cards a year with the rest of the stuff on TV would be a nice middle ground. I'm not saying it makes financial sense it would just be nice as a viewer.
Supposedly, there's a break-even point for the added cost of doing PPV and the provider not giving the UFC much of a cut until a certain number of buys. Small shows are often at or below this amount. Meanwhile, various sports bars are getting rid of PPVs because the small shows are worthless. And to top it off, fewer people watch a small card on PPV than when it's on free TV, so the fighters on the card get less exposure. They clearly don't have 12 PPV-worthy cards per year or even close to that amount. Fewer PPVs would be more special, and they could load the cards up enough that they wouldn't be ruined by a single injury.

I suspect there's a fear that they will look like they're shrinking if they cut back, but to casual fans the small shows might as well not exist, so I really don't see the harm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Anyone have any idea? He's running for political office?
Are you kidding? Luke Rockhold is lacking in substance and knowledge, he would be horrible as a legislator.

Now, if we can just make that an actual disqualification to public office....

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Marching Powder posted:

20lbs would only be a little bit above the average for a cut to lw i'd say.
Yeah but it's Thursday. Don't they usually get closer than that with like 24 hours to weigh-in?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

ASMR Ariel will never not be funny.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

lol

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

That's going to be quite an hour to get another pound. He looked drained as all hell.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't think GSP has better wrestling than Chael
IIRC, Chael has said GSP is better, but that is most likely in a pound-for-pound context. GSP is a better athlete as well, but the muscle mass difference might be enough to swamp all that.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Bluedeanie posted:

The man who gives up vs the man who never starts, the stoppable force vs the movable object. VITOR BELFORT VS URIAH HALL
Vitor vs Nate the Great was a turd so my hopes are low for this.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Embedded 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yUEhjbNhKs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Embedded 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC6tnRIxdhk

note: hogg-free zone

• Locked thread