Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Why are you watching his fights? Why do you feel the need to kick every dead horse you come across?

My friend, you are being trolled hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Modelo is a mexican beer company owned by the same people (inbev) that own almost all beer in the world (including budweiser).

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

loving :lol: that frankie two times cleared out the LW division. His championship reign included one rematch against an outclassed BJ Penn, a draw against the only guy who had ever beat him, and then finally beating Grey Maynard.

His championship run was 4 fights that were all rematches and he won 3 of them then he lost to Benson twice. Frankie is only ever the LW goat if you're from NJ.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Oct 12, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Incorrect. Frankie has two title defenses and one title retention.

Like DC didn't defend against bones even though he's still champ. He just retained the title because JBJ can't stay off the juice.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

GSP looks thicker than he used to.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

He looks like a 4/5ths size chuck liddell

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bisping is going to make GSP look silly. It's gonna look like a kid trying to wrestle his dad.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Eat This Glob posted:

Bisping deservedly is mocked for his very British double, but his defensive wrestling is really, really good.

Chael Sonnen struggled to wrestle Bisping while making most other 185/205 guys prior to that look silly. I don't think GSP has better wrestling than Chael plus he'll be giving up a lot in size difference. Chael and Bisping are both 6'1". GSP is only 5'10".

GSP has a major uphill battle to win this fight and I'm not sure he does it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Wait you're telling me that cage fighters might be dumb jocks?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I.N.R.I posted:

hes the middleweight champion and hasnt been away from professional sport for 4-5 years. GSP is probably going to look like bj penn did vs yair

I think Bisping will walk through him as well.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That should come with some purse forfeiture, imo, and maybe some criminal penalties. Rogan called it out right away, too.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

He can get charged with perjury at the very least. Deliberately exposing someone with an infectious disease can be assault, though i'm not sure how nevada treats it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bluedeanie posted:

We could argue about who understands the medical details of staph all day, but ultimately it would still be stupid of the NSAC not to do anything about this, just because Lee blatantly committed perjury on a form of theirs and admitted to it publicly immediately after and letting that slide would be a bad precedent.

Exactly.

Also UFC medical probably knew. He hid it from the AC. The UFC had some sort of idea because they were telling DC to shut up about it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

They didn't catch it at the medical check because he actively concealed it from them.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I.N.R.I posted:

im sure weve all used foundation to hide a hickey or something when we were teenagers but hiding a 2-3 inch diameter boil from a physical examiner seems a bit challenging

He had makeup on for the weigh in, too. There's no reason to believe that he couldn't get it covered well enough to pass. The doc isn't necessarily touching them for any more than to check for vitals.

Skip My Posts posted:

He’s not a doctor he didn’t know what it was for sure

He was on antibiotics for it. He knew exactly what was on his chest.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Skip My Posts posted:

He’s not a doctor. What are antibiotics

If he or his team had said that post fight instead of "yeah i have a staph infection and am on antibiotics for it" then you would have a point.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Work Friend Keven posted:

If you are even remotely mad that someone saved the main event of a card by fighting through adversity instead of ruining a card with their fake rear end “sinus issues” get the gently caress out of my sport.

It's not like anyone actually watched the fight.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I had one on the back of my head that i got from a VA hospital. The antibiotics i was on included the warning "avoid sunlight"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vitor charging in round 1 on Uriah Hall is going to end up with one of them asleep.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mcjR3TsK4s&t=122s

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nog is 41. I think it's almost time to hang em up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cyber Dog posted:

sadly, sulfamethoxazole - tmp is what im using, and it's on the list of "never take with alcohol" here:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/consumer-health/expert-answers/antibiotics-and-alcohol/faq-20057946. thanks for thinking of me though!

bactrim loving sucks. I was on it, too. Do not drink while taking it and please avoid sunlight.

quote:

Avoid exposure to sunlight or tanning beds. This medication can make you sunburn more easily. Wear protective clothing and use sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) when you are outdoors.

Also the Cowboy/Till prelims start in 5 minutes. Are we GDTing or just posting here like we're bushleague?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I've never heard of either of these guys.

Edit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3838193

Since there's three there's bound to be more there's a thread so we don't clog up the UFC thread.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

gif Probst posted:

argh gdanksit

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Please follow us :smith:

So were any of the fights yesterday particularly worth watcing?

The Alvey fight and the Warrly fight were the only ones that stunk out loud. Round 1 of the Ladd fight stunk but round 2 more than makes up for it. The first round of the first prelim was 10-7, there was a standing RNC snatched with no hooks, lots of fun grappling, and some sick kos.

Pretty much watch it all except alvey and alves.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The artem lobov fight featured a referee timeout so marc goddard could tell conor mcgregor to shut the gently caress up, be professional, and sit the gently caress down.

Conor through a round and a half to that point had been circling the cage and yelling coaching instructions to Artem. Fili was still whooping him senseless.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Lmao that's amazing. And I really don't like Alvey anyway, always seemed so one-dimensional to me :shrug:What was the 10-7? Just a total beatdown? How do you even survive without it being a tko or something?

In every other striking sport it would have been a TKO. Dude still defended himself but got straight loving dropped four times in the first round.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

El Roncho posted:

Barao has proven to be pretty durable.

He's 0-1 against the bathtub, though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Whenever a guy with poor defense makes it to the top of his division it's because he's got a hard head. Look at Bisping or Cerrone

Or he fights in a division full of children not really capable of knocking a man out.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I would think of all the gyms in the USA people at ChuteBox USA would know what a beating feels like.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I can dig it. No one who was assaulted owes their assailants an apology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bisping is going to embarrass GSP. It is not going to be close. It might be Yair Rodriguez/BJ Penn bad.

• Locked thread