Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I feel bad for the Washington Nationals, trying to get past their history of fading in the playoffs, one might say a "curse" against the chill, relaxed, nothing bad could happen Cubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i have achieved spiritual enlightenment and i am fine with however the cubs do after the incredible win last year (opposing pitcher literally throws a strike) THAT'S IT THEY'RE DONE THEY'LL NEVER WIN AGAIN THIS TEAM IS CURSED THIS IS WORSE THAN BARTMAN

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

collins will be the new head of the Mets' Medical Staff, has already ordered several 500 gallon drums of rubbing dirt

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Cubs are going to win at baseball.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

time to make some empirical predictions on the baseball playoffs and then remember that 5 and 7 game series are basically lottery balls

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Pancakes posted:

6-minute video so I don't expect many people to watch it, but Adam Wainwright talking about the charity work he does earlier this year. Dude's a really, really nice guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_ZC01k7yys

i think his curveball is not very nice

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh poo poo i just remembered Playoff Daniel Murphy

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It could be a :siren: MATCHUPS :siren: thing and Joe wanted to have more lefties in the pen against the Nats.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

how is it possible that two pitchers allowed more home runs than john lackey this season and one of them is the reigning AL Cy Young winner

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

don't know if anyone is this thread knows it, but i read somewhere that cubs pitcher jon lester has a little bit of trouble throwing to first base, probably something to keep in mind since i doubt they will mention it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

playoff baseball owns

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

down 2-1, the only thing between the cubs and elimination is a hobbled jake arrieta

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

important baseball news update: aaron judge is tall as hell

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dusty will have the last laughm

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

there was literally no way the cubs could ever win a game surrounded by this much dumb-rear end bullshit.

i believe, in postseason superstar kyle hendricks

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

obviously rooting for the Juggernaut Cubs to continue their winning ways, but after last year, I am for the ending of all dumb playoff streaks unless they somehow torture the saint louis cardinals

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the cubs succumbed to dusty baker head games

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

beejay posted:

The saddest poo poo on earth.

i'm not mad in fact i am laughing

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

3 of the last 4 cubs playoff series have involved the opposing team cubbing the gently caress out of themselves

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Popete posted:

The Dodgers will face a depleted Cubs pitching staff in the NLCS, they couldn't possible lose. Could they?

nothing makes sense anymore, Lackey CGSO game 1

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what a loving game

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i still can't believe that cubs game actually happened

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Heard it's going to be Zambrano

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Poque posted:

Cubs took Justin Wilson off the roster and added Rondon.

hell yeah

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I still believe in Carlos "Closer of the Future" Rondon

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jubs posted:

The real news:

"In addition to Seager, the Dodgers dropped reliever Pedro Baez from the NLDS roster, adding infielder Charlie Culberson and outfielder Joc Pederson."

as a person who enjoys baseball games that are less than 4 and a half hours long, thank goodness

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the cubs bullpen, is bad

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

looked to me that the throw had him by a step, but you can't stop altuve, base ball's greatest hero

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

puig owns, even when he is destroying the team i like

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

is there anything more hopeless in baseball than being down and facing kenley jansen

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

Being a Pirates fan?

bah gawd

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

cubs are trying to top last year's world series by going down 3-0

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Astros and Dodgers are clearly the two best teams in baseball, gonna be a hell of a world series.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm usually the least :argh: THE MANAGER :argh: guy, but John Lackey gave up the third-most home runs in all of baseball, he is old, he has never pitched two days in a row in his entire life, he is the last loving guy you ever put in a walk-off situation. I'd much rather see Rondon there, but to squat on Davis especially after Jansen got taken out which means there was like a remote possibility that a cub could get a bat on a ball is mind-boggling to me.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i think every baseball fan, regardless of team, can agree: gently caress to john lackey

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

Alright fellow Cubs fans

Time for some Game Theory

https://medium.com/joeblogs/the-mind-of-maddon-4cb5cc6ae793

lmao

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mods? MODS????????????????

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Cubs prepare to outdo last year and come back from down 3-0, book it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Cubs have to be completely exhausted by this point in the season. They played into November last year, and it turns out when you win a World Series for the first time in 108 years, then every media outlet wants a piece of you, so they had practically no offseason to speak of. Assuming they don't make a miracle comeback, it'll be nice for the team to finally get some rest.

to be fair they outsourced 70% of that media availability to david ross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the cubs are going to win the pennant

• Locked thread