Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

gently caress the Yankees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

There's nothing at stake today and that sucks

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Poque posted:

Go Twins, this is still my favorite call of the entire season

https://www.mlb.com/video/must-c-twins-turn-triple-play/c-1454192483

"Ground ball, should be three." How can you be that loving cool?

That's about as much enthusiasm as you'll ever get out of Dan Gladden, he's not very good. Cory Provus on the other hand, owns and would've nailed that call.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Poque posted:

I know it's not super unlikely or anything but I think it's cool that we still haven't faced a repeat opponent in the postseason over the past 3 seasons (Pirates/Cards/Mets, Giants/Dodgers/Indians, Nationals). Would be cool to make it to the NLCS against the wild card winner but I'd rather the Dodgers win that series and hopefully set up an NLCS rematch

The Twins have faced the Yankees in the playoffs in 03, 04, 09 and 10. And now this year. The only other team they've faced in the first round is the A's, and that also happened twice, in 02 and 06. Way more common than you'd think.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

If the WS ends up Dodgers/Yankees, is that like MLB's Ultimate Wet Dream come true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

This series has been fuckin insane. Let's see if Game 7 tops last year.

• Locked thread