Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'm rooting for the Cubs to lose so the GDTs will be readable again, and for the Dodgers to get swept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Rosenthal's articles are behind a paywall now, but apparently he's reporting that other teams are under investigation for the same stuff the Braves did (like agreeing to sign foreign prospects before they turn 16). :munch:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

That dude's jumping in front of other fans like an rear end in a top hat, of course it's Zack Hample lol

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Why is it the TV channel's fault that the game was rained out

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

bawfuls posted:

The teams wanted to play the game earlier at 1pm. The tv channel veto'd this. Had they started at 1pm, they would have gotten it in before the rain came in hard.

Source? I thought that was MLB's call, not the cable network? Only thing I could find online was this article, which says TBS had nothing to do with that decision: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-cubs-tbs-rain-delay-20171010-story.html

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

A baseball player got the flu but feels better a day later? Sounds like some kind of nefarious conspiracy to me.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Antibiotics can't melt steel beams.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Looks like I'm rooting for the meteor in the NLCS again (the giant space rock that is, not Mike Trout)

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Speaking of burgers, I'm looking forward to some epic :qq: meltdowns when the Chicago Cubs are eliminated from the playoffs, and the burgers I grilled for dinner last night were pretty good.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Looks like it's not Happ-ening :cool:

Also, that Addy guy is not my daddy, beefy lad needs to go on a diet, I could go on, but the important thing here is the Cubs lost

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Extremely glad that I don't have to cheer for the Yankees in the World Series... thanks Stros

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Goodpancakes posted:

Yankees losing the ALCS was probably a terrible thing for them. They jacked up their expectations for next year and still have a ton of holes to fill. What happens when they don't make the series next year?

Good question OP. I think the Yankees will probably buy some high priced free agents to go along with their core of young stars, and win a lot of games as a result.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I agree with most of this but it makes the same mistake that every baseball-is-dying article makes, focusing on World Series or ASG ratings when most fans watching MLB are watching their home team on a regional cable network. Like yeah, World Series ratings are way down from 20 years ago, but I bet way more people are actually watching games on TV in 2017, on Fox Sports Ohio or Sports Net LA or w/e

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Yall have more faith in PitchFX than I do, I guess. I mean the vertical component of the PitchFX zone is an estimate just like an ump's zone (where is the midpoint of Aaron Judge's torso? What does that even mean, exactly?)

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

There should be a Breakout Player of the Year award, for guys who weren't top prospects and come out of nowhere to have great seasons. Funny thing, the top three candidates I can think of for 2017 are all in the World Series (Chris Taylor, Marwin Gonzalez, Brad Peacock)

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I can't wait for the first time its like, bottom of the ninth, tie game, here's the pitch and it's a deep drive, way out of here, home team wins!!! The fans are going crazy... oh wait, looks like the pitcher released the ball 0.3 seconds too late. Ball one, get back in the batter's box.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Seriously though, Chris Taylor hit 23 dingers from 2012-2016, total, in the MLB and minor leagues. He hit 21 for the Dodgers this year. What the gently caress man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

ego symphonic posted:

That's because there is only 1 Angels fan in the entire world and he posts on this forum. No one else watches that team play.

They outdrew the Nats by half a million fans this year :v:

• Locked thread