Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Masks... I wonder if the Janitor was wearing a mask... maybe his arms here weird prosthetics too, and that's why they kept moving after they were cut off.

Which begs the question - why are these things disguising themselves as 'human'.

Like with the shoes, and the orphanage, it gives the impression of something trying to be human, without understanding anything about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

Yeah, looks like they are wearing their 'face' like a mask, you saw that one guy stuffing meat under there. I wonder if we ever get to see what's under the mask - and whether I even want to know.

I'm reasonably certain I do not want to know.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I'm certain it's just bits of goo and gore under their faces. Exactly like any other human!

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
I confess that I liked the fish themed hearth.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:
Update on last page

Finally had a chance to play the second DLC. Very different style of level design to what they've done so far. I look forward to seeing where the last one goes. But I've grabbed some footage of it now anyway. Also done my first run through of the next area. I'm going to try and not leave you all hanging on quite as long as I did. It'll take a few runs to figure out how I want to play it. But I think this is a much shorter level, all things told. So hopefully it won't take as long to subtitle as the others. I'll let you know.

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I confess that I liked the fish themed hearth.

It was lovely wasn't it? I think they liked fish, I'm not so sure the Chef was cooking it, I think it might have been his friend.

Fish Noise posted:

I'm certain it's just bits of goo and gore under their faces. Exactly like any other human!

Possibly more than most considering how much they must eat.

Elfface posted:

Masks... I wonder if the Janitor was wearing a mask... maybe his arms here weird prosthetics too, and that's why they kept moving after they were cut off.

I look forward to enlightening you. :unsmigghh:

koolkevz666 posted:

That was horrifying, whoever designed those cooks did a great job the same with the uh Janitor? From earlier they all look horrifying and off putting and yet they don't look supernatural or fantastical just human but really really changed.

Once again incredible work with the subtitles and the camera movements as well as the extra personality you have given Six. I went and watched some regular let's play of the game just the starting area and it isn't the same as yours, far less entertaining. keep up the good work and look forward to the next video.

resurgam40 posted:

Dear god... the Cooks. The heavy breathing, the movement, that shriek they make when they see you... the way they seem to be wearing their own faces... and that some of them just reach up in there to scratch :gonk: Such a well done design. All the designs in this game are nice that way; even when normal (which is seldom when it comes to the characters) it all seems slightly... off.

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

The cooks remind me of Chaucer's cook preparing blancmange. :stonk:

I'm glad you all liked it! I agree, they really did a great job on the design. Though I can't play this level and not get hungry. Sausage anyone?

JohnOfOrdo3 fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 19, 2017

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
It could be they're faces look normal and they are just taking the role of a specific person for unknown reasons. But then again the Long armed guy had his mask pulled down and it seemed like he had a blank featureless face, so I dunno.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Can that first chef actually do anything to you after spotting you on the rafters?

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Aumanor posted:

Can that first chef actually do anything to you after spotting you on the rafters?

No. But Six didn't know that.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Huh. I assumed he'd throw wine bottles, like when the twins chase you.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
This game's now 50% off on GOG if anyone wants to go on their own magical fairytale adventure with Six!

https://www.gog.com/game/little_nightmares

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

inflatablefish posted:

This game's now 50% off on GOG if anyone wants to go on their own magical fairytale adventure with Six!

https://www.gog.com/game/little_nightmares

I highly recommend it if you're enjoying the Let's Play! Give these poor starving developers some love!

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

I highly recommend it if you're enjoying the Let's Play! Give these poor starving developers some love!

I concur. Definitely worth grabbing. This game and this LP are both lovingly prepared and presented.

ThaGhettoJew fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 22, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
This aesthetic is kind of putting me in the mind of... like, an old tumbledown themepark where monsters are wearing the costumes for some reason?

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Are we going to get a death reel sometime? It's not that I want to see Six die, just her various alternate universe selves, who I'm sure are all stuck up jerks.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

azren posted:

Are we going to get a death reel sometime? It's not that I want to see Six die, just her various alternate universe selves, who I'm sure are all stuck up jerks.

Yeah, on the extra info videos I was planning. But I wanted to get the main Kitchen video done so I focused on that. Fear not it is coming. In it's own haphazardly time poorly organised way.

I didn't even know about some of them. So it was interesting experimenting to find them

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

As there has been some interest in things that can kill us. Today we turn our attention, briefly, to our slimy friends in our next explanation video.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Poor Sackboy.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
How many of you are from Ordo 3?!

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

2. Ironically

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

POOL IS CLOSED OF ORDO 3 posted:

How many aren't from Ordo 3?

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Fish Noise posted:

How many aren't from Ordo 3?

:cripes: You got me, I had to check that my name didn't get changed again.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I hope this isn't dead, I was really liking it... :ohdear:

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

azren posted:

I hope this isn't dead, I was really liking it... :ohdear:

It's not. I'm just lazy. Got something from work I've got to focus on at the moment as the deadline is 3pm tomorrow. But I will be getting another video up soon.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

It's not. I'm just lazy. Got something from work I've got to focus on at the moment as the deadline is 3pm tomorrow. But I will be getting another video up soon.

Cool. I understand work being a thing, and all that, I was mostly curious. Sorry if my post came off as feeling entitled.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

azren posted:

Cool. I understand work being a thing, and all that, I was mostly curious. Sorry if my post came off as feeling entitled.

No way dude, it's all good. I was actually starting to think "any day now they're going to ask me what's going on, if I can make it to the weekend and finish the video my first post will have a video in and all will be redeemed!", you just got to it first.

Good thing is though I don't have to worry about this being archived. So that's one load off my mind. :)

Also I'm happy you're enjoying this enough to ask what's going on with it.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah same. Your commentary is honestly doing a lot for me.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Friends and wonderful people. Thank you all for your patience. It is time, might you all join me in...

It can always get worse. :ohdear:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I'm not going to describe anything that happens in that video.

I'm just going to say one thing.

Holy gently caress that last bit was disturbing.

Sel Nar
Dec 19, 2013

What, nobody else notice that the sausages on the table looked like they had five pink little sausages at one end?

And yeah, Six's hunger to escape seems to be growing exponentially.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Sel Nar posted:

What, nobody else notice that the sausages on the table looked like they had five pink little sausages at one end?

And yeah, Six's hunger to escape seems to be growing exponentially.

A lot of the meat is highly suspect to say the least. Might be why Six wasn't so interested in it anymore.

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl

Chronische posted:

A lot of the meat is highly suspect to say the least. Might be why Six wasn't so interested in it anymore.

... based on the way the big eaters reacted, perhaps meat that moves is more appealing.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

Friends and wonderful people. Thank you all for your patience. It is time, might you all join me in...

It can always get worse. :ohdear:

I was afraid something like that would happen eventually, but still... :stare:

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
My my my. Sounds like John bit off more then he can chew with this friendship. Such a shame he's a glutton for things like this.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

If I know my cartoons, and I do, it was probably one of those wacky hunger illusions. Maybe the gnome looked like a birthday cake or ice cream.

Edit:
Then again, I didn't see six put on a bib and pull out a knife and fork.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 30, 2018

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
That was amazing, I had an idea of what was coming as I read about it but seeing it happen in person was vastly more surprising than I thought. Also loving the extra story tidbit you left there at the end with your subtitles making it seem like this has happened before.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels

koolkevz666 posted:

Also loving the extra story tidbit you left there at the end with your subtitles making it seem like this has happened before.

Five times before, perhaps?

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010
Fun fact: The original working title for this game was, 'Hunger'.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

You're just not yourself when you're hungry :v:

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

SSNeoman posted:

You're just not yourself when you're hungry :v:

That doesn't excuse bad table manners. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Things are sure going to be awkward with the Gnomes here on out.