Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
What an interesting and creepy game, following a little girl(maybe) around a weird world.

The game does a great job foreshadowing things... Shoes of uneven sizes everywhere, glimpsing your first thing (I'm going to call them Giants) in the darkness of the prison orphanage, then the tall room with the short bed... I wonder why it had straps? Maybe the blind giant had problems with it's arms in bed. Well, that problem took care of itself.

At first, I found myself wondering if Six was the real 'monster' - some kind of gnome or elf that sneaks into houses and steals their cans while the owners are asleep.

Then we got the prison-orphanage, and you wonder if it's distorted memories of a child. Everything seeming bigger, the orphanage keeper mostly remembered for face and hands, a playroom you weren't allowed to leave...

And then we find the child-packaging-plant and if that's a metaphor for something, it's something just as bad as the apparent reality.

What do they need so many children for? Do they eat them? It seems inefficient, unless children are a delicacy for singing royalty in pink rooms.

The hanged man seemed to have human proportions, unless I'm misremembering. Was he a human adult, tasked to take care of the kids until it was harvest time, and he couldn't continue anymore? The toys were human-sized too. And even if they're naked, blackened and without blankets, for some reason they also have a playroom. Do happy children taste better?

What's with the eye-security? Does it turn the kids it sees to stone or something? They almost look like they're partly surrounded in salt, which made me think of the importance of not looking back when escaping from the underworld, or the results of the wrath of god.

So many shoes... They didn't look very new either. What happened for them to have so many shoes, seemingly dumped in the garbage for a dianoga to live in? How many giants are discarding shoes?

And finally, there's Six's home... Safe enough for her to have made a bed, her suitcase had pictures in it, she even had her shower... And we enter the orphanage by climbing a rope of knotted sheets. We went to so much trouble to escape, only to be sent right back in again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Masks... I wonder if the Janitor was wearing a mask... maybe his arms here weird prosthetics too, and that's why they kept moving after they were cut off.

Which begs the question - why are these things disguising themselves as 'human'.

Like with the shoes, and the orphanage, it gives the impression of something trying to be human, without understanding anything about them.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Huh. I assumed he'd throw wine bottles, like when the twins chase you.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
You know, I'm not so sure Six was hugging those gnomes. Her face was in just the right position for a neck-bite, and they turn strangely docile afterwards.

Well, RIP Geisha-Medusa. Six finally destroyed her fears and is ready to be all she can be.

Little Nightmares: She belongs elsewhere

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Six is looking for the subtitles to see if they followed her after all.

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

Aw dude, no joke, that last line was pure loving gold. I think the entire thing might have been worth it for just that.

Glad you liked it! Good luck with the wrists and the dlc etc.