Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It's October! Time to start thinking about what costume you're going to wear for Halloween! Post photos and stuff here. Feel free to ask for suggestions if you don't have any ideas (it helps if you can describe what you might vaguely want, also what you don't want and how much effort you're willing to put into it, also maybe your height/age/facial hair situation) and also if you've already got an idea but you need some advice on how to make it. One good tip is to do a google image search and see how other people handled the costume, plus that's also helpful in discovering the potential pitfalls in your costume selection and knowing what to avoid.

Remember: it doesn't really matter if your costume is a piece of poo poo or if you're dressed as a character who doesn't match your size or gender or age just as long as you have fun. gently caress the haters, just go for it.

Here's a random selection of costumes to kick off the thread:

And because someone always asks, here's that creepy Care Bear costume by the walkin dude:

If anyone wants to dig up a goon costume from a previous year here's some of the old threads:
Halloween 2016
Halloween 2013
Halloween 2012
Halloween 2011
Halloween 2010
Halloween 2009
Halloween 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Apparently a costume and not fetish gear?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
My wife and i are going to be john snow and ygritte and we are going to kill it

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
This year's hot costume: sexy Pennywise the Dancing Clown

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I'm gonna be a Minion

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Top costume for dudes this year: Wonder Woman

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

I'd let that one wonder my woman, tbh :wink:

Oh yeah that one too

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

This year's hot costume: sexy Pennywise the Dancing Clown

Why can't people enjoy something without wanting to gently caress it

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
https://twitter.com/katiedippold/status/748582543583121408?lang=en

Jake Mustache
Feb 7, 2017
This shirt: http://amzn.to/2x7NVlI plus a bucket on my head = Instant Rick & Morty DeathStalker Hemorrhage costume.

Will also be bleaching my gay mustache for when I take off the bucket.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

walgreenslatino posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4rUiV_Hh74

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

walgreenslatino posted:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jake Mustache posted:

Will also be bleaching my gay mustache for when I take off the bucket.

Will you actually be bleaching it or just using temporary hair dye for the one night?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

walgreenslatino posted:

Copulation and preserving your genes through fetish to attract a mate is normal.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

PathAsc posted:

Copulation and preserving your genes through fetish to attract a mate is normal.

Well who wouldn't want to gently caress a sexy poop emoji?

Or a sexy fake news?

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stupid sexy fake news

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
sexy lady pennywise what a joke, everyone knows that pennywise is gay and in a relationship with the babadook and that it's actually super progressive to ship child killing monsters that are also gay men

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

I"m going to dress up as a sexy lowtax

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Needs the sequel

https://twitter.com/gotham146/status/792589168991997955

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

I"m going to dress up as a sexy lowtax

Well I'm going to dress up as a sexy Schmorky and follow you around and

Wait, wait. I didn't think that one through properly.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Guy Mann posted:

sexy lady pennywise what a joke, everyone knows that pennywise is gay and in a relationship with the babadook and that it's actually super progressive to ship child killing monsters that are also gay men

user guy mann, definitely not bigoted

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Well I'm going to dress up as a sexy Schmorky and follow you around and

Wait, wait. I didn't think that one through properly.

*opens up door to trick-or-treaters*

What do you want from me?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

It's October! Time to start thinking about what costume you're going to wear for Halloween! Post photos and stuff here. Feel free to ask for suggestions if you don't have any ideas (it helps if you can describe what you might vaguely want, also what you don't want and how much effort you're willing to put into it, also maybe your height/age/facial hair situation) and also if you've already got an idea but you need some advice on how to make it. One good tip is to do a google image search and see how other people handled the costume, plus that's also helpful in discovering the potential pitfalls in your costume selection and knowing what to avoid.

Remember: it doesn't really matter if your costume is a piece of poo poo or if you're dressed as a character who doesn't match your size or gender or age just as long as you have fun. gently caress the haters, just go for it.

Here's a random selection of costumes to kick off the thread:

And because someone always asks, here's that creepy Care Bear costume by the walkin dude:

If anyone wants to dig up a goon costume from a previous year here's some of the old threads:
Halloween 2016
Halloween 2013
Halloween 2012
Halloween 2011
Halloween 2010
Halloween 2009
Halloween 2008

kill them all

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
I was thinking Bojack Horseman would be an easy one this year. (probably just jeans instead of the blue pants, and using a black marker to draw the jumper pattern on the shirt.)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I haven't dressed up for Halloween in a straight decade now, but I was pretty :3: to hear my co-worker's kid wanted to be the new Ms. Marvel after I gave her a copy of the first tbp.

This one:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Holy poo poo, some guy in Ohio just put this up in his front lawn

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/10/parma_man_builds_giant_replica.html
https://wtam.iheart.com/content/2017-10-13-imperial-walker-invades-parma-neighborhood/

I guess that's one way to make all your neighbor's yard decorations look like complete crap by comparison, they must hate his guts :haw:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
I hope it's okay to request a costume be posted if someone has it saved.

A couple years ago, there was a user who posted their Halloween costume, and while I don't remember much of it, I remember the following:

She was wearing either antlers or a crown

I seem to remember her makeup was very pale

She had red marks painted on her face, that reminded me of something between an elf -like design or even tree branches. I believe the lines looked slightly diluted or smeared.

I don't want to copy her costume, but I think it's beautiful, and it always inspires me when I see it.

Hopefully someone knows the costume I'm referring to. I don't have archives or I would deep dive into the older threads.

CatStacking fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Oct 18, 2017

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I am guessing Rick is going to be costume #1 based on how much Rick poo poo I've seen at the mall this year.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CatStacking posted:

I hope it's okay to request a costume be posted if someone has it saved.

A couple years ago, there was a user who posted their Halloween costume, and while I don't remember much of it, I remember the following:

She was wearing either antlers or a crown

I seem to remember her makeup was very pale

She had red marks painted on her face, that reminded me of something between an elf -like design or even tree branches. I believe the lines looked slightly diluted or smeared.

I don't want to copy her costume, but I think it's beautiful, and it always inspires me when I see it.

Hopefully someone knows the costume I'm referring to. I don't have archives or I would deep dive into the older threads.

Was it primordia?

Waltzing Along posted:

I am guessing Rick is going to be costume #1 based on how much Rick poo poo I've seen at the mall this year.

RICK AND MORTY 100 YEARS!!!!
Your baby has to be very intelligent to wear this costume

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Oct 18, 2017

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I'm going to dress up like an anarchist and hurl Molotov cocktails through open windows

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I want to go as inappropriate IT costume

I'll wear a boat called the SS Orgie

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
I’m going to be weird al since I have Hawaiian shirts. Bought a wig and glasses.

Jake Mustache
Feb 7, 2017
Bucket on my head + This shirt: http://amzn.to/2yxsQAm = Hemorrhage Deathstalker costume.

Will have my gay mustache bleached as well.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
That catdog is hilariously depressing but then I remember I woudnt have anyone to be the cat/dog...

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

Was it primordia?

It was, you are awesome, she is awesome and it's exactly the costume I was hoping would be posted. Thank you!

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I'm going to be a sexy robot. Just FYI if you see a sexy robot this weekend it probably isn't me because statistics.

Edit: or next weekend!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Speleothing posted:

I'm going to be a sexy robot. Just FYI if you see a sexy robot this weekend it probably isn't me because statistics.

Edit: or next weekend!

I remember that a goon went as the Sex Robot in a previous year and had a little speaker that played the song continuously
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzO2mi4uHAs

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
My perennial costume is full nbc getup like so:

but I inevitably end up stripping down as the night goes on cause I can't eat/drink/smoke with all that stuff on. I have lots of other other surplus junk so I was thinking for this year I'd either be a commissar (I have a soviet cap, no greatcoat though) or pilot (cap+goggles and bomber jacket)

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

just wear some marines semen, it'll get the message across just as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Former DILF posted:

just wear some marines semen, it'll get the message across just as well

that's for the end of the night silly

• Locked thread