Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

SKULL.GIF posted:

This is almost as bad as that Paxton Lynch gif.

It's a shame Peterman will never play another second in the NFL otherwise I would've made this my avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
You deserve better Tyrod

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hrm throw Tyrod back into an unwinnable game and he picks up 17 points and throws 0 interceptions. Man if you had had two halves of 17 points instead one with 7 and 5 picks and a fumble you might have actually won this game and been pulling away in the AFC playoff hunt.

Thinky face isn't nearly as condescending as I want it to be

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

It's a shame Peterman will never play another second in the NFL otherwise I would've made this my avatar.

You sure about this?

I can see the press conference now:

“Peterman will start next week. He’s our quarterback and gives us the best shot to win.”

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Hes waiving goodbye to his teams possession.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Where are those .gifs from?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I hope the Bills get raked over the coals in the sports media in the next couple days.

Why are they so lovely to Tyrod? He's no Tom Brady but he's decent, right?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

There's no way they can go back to Peterman after this. Even this team isn't that dense.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If they don't think he can be a franchise QB, or at least a franchise QB there, honestly just come out and say it at this point. Stop the farce

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Where are those .gifs from?

NFL rookies have to do a lot of stupid things and making silly gifs is apparently one of those things.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

I'm honestly looking most forward to who's going to throw who under the bus come tomorrow to try and avoid taking blame for Peterman.

Well, that and the excuses from the fan shithouse about how it's the team's fault, not Peterman's.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

sponges posted:

I hope the Bills get raked over the coals in the sports media in the next couple days.

Why are they so lovely to Tyrod? He's no Tom Brady but he's decent, right?

Its not really a black or white issue, you might say

(there are a lot of reasons to be "meh" about him but this is absolutely part of it for many people, either conciously or subconsciously)

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tempest_56 posted:

Well, that and the excuses from the fan shithouse about how it's the team's fault, not Peterman's.

When have racists ever come out and said "I'm racist"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

When have racists ever come out and said "I'm racist"

The American South White People's Arrival - 1865

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

(there are a lot of reasons to be "meh" about him but this is absolutely part of it for many people, either conciously or subconsciously)

I was worried it might be that.

Well it's come to bite them in the rear end in an embarrassing way at least.

That loving color commentator was poo poo as well. Just making up all these excuses for Peterman.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Two things Bills fans will absolutely say over the next week.

1. Look, obviously a horrible debut, but he's only had one week of practice as the starter. We know what Tyrod is already, but we should at least use the next six games to see if Peterman can rebound.

2. Who cares, we're hosed anyway, might as well start Peterman and play for draft position.

(2 is fair, really.)

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Bills fans were calling for Tyrod to get benched in favor of Cardale Jones last season. We really hate Tyrod for some reason.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Look, we all know that in a clear A/B study Tyrod is superior in every conceivable way to Peterman, but its not a large enough sample size. After, say, 160 more games we should be able to make a clear conclusion. Until then, Peterman starts.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school

fsif posted:

Two things Bills fans will absolutely say over the next week.

1. Look, obviously a horrible debut, but he's only had one week of practice as the starter. We know what Tyrod is already, but we should at least use the next six games to see if Peterman can rebound.

2. Who cares, we're hosed anyway, might as well start Peterman and play for draft position.

(2 is fair, really.)

I've been saying #2 every November/December for over a decade as the team see-saws around .500 and keeps the faint hope of a playoff spot alive.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Jesus he's saying he will "evaluate" the QB position.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
McDermott is sucking Nate Peterman's cock in the presser and refusing to say he was wrong

What the gently caress

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
WGR live - http://v6.player.abacast.net/2103

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
"Nate's getting better every day"
Well gently caress imagine how bad he was before this poo poo.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bills fans, there's 31 other teams

Just saying. Nobody would blame you

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

McDermott is sucking Nate Peterman's cock in the presser and refusing to say he was wrong

What the gently caress

Obligatory put McDermott in the hot seat. Time to post in the hot seat thread.

This is pretty unbelievable.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Bills fans, there's 31 other teams

Just saying. Nobody would blame you

It's a life sentence. You'd have to be from Western NY to understand. It's our fate.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Nate Peterman is the first quarterback since the merger to throw 5 picks in one half of football

:wow:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
gently caress you Bills you wrecked my 6 team parley by getting embarrassed by the loving LA Chargers that play in a stadium smaller then half the high school ones in Texas.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Him not immediately naming Tyrod the starter during the press conference is a mindfuck even to me.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Are the Bills just going full retard at this point? Or should I say full Bills?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

McDermott being a cliche in the press conference shouldn't be surprising here. He won't start Peterman next week.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jonathan Fisk posted:

He won't start Peterman next week.

saving this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I no longer blame Doug Marrone for taking the money and getting the gently caress out of Buffalo

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

pasaluki posted:

Jesus he's saying he will "evaluate" the QB position.

Why evaluate the QB situation in the middle of a playoff run?! The Bills haven't been to the playoffs in 18 years. Who even cares if they're one and out. Just. Get. There.

Tyrod is an average QB but he doesn't deserve the lovely treatment Buffalo has given him and there's many teams that would improve if he was their starter.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

I no longer blame Doug Marrone for taking the money and getting the gently caress out of Buffalo

The one common thread that hasn't changed within the Bills front office for the last 20 years:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russ_Brandon

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2 posted:

hell, same

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Who was responsible for the QB change, coach, FO or owners?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Institutional Racism

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Not really clear. The leaks stopped once Rex and Whaley left town.

Considering Rex was fired for not benching Tyrod and McDermott categorically ruled out starting anyone other than Taylor as recently as a week ago, ownership seems like the likeliest answer. Some beat reporters suggested it might have come from Dennison, but I think that was purely speculation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

Not really clear. The leaks stopped once Rex and Whaley left town.

Considering Rex was fired for not benching Tyrod and McDermott categorically ruled out starting anyone other than Taylor as recently as a week ago, ownership seems like the likeliest answer. Some beat reporters suggested it might have come from Dennison, but I think that was purely speculation.
Yeah, that could well be the case. Remember that bizarrely passive-aggressive statement the team issued when Tyrod Taylor got off-season surgery? Our dumb-gently caress owners are riding the best quarterback we've had since Jim Kelly out of town on a rail because he's not as good as Jim Kelly and black too hip-hop.
Nathan Peterman is the quarterback they deserve, it's just too bad the rest of us are along for the ride.

• Locked thread