Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
App/OOC Thread Here

Posting Convention:

quote:

Character Name - Sub(sub?)location, Location, Region,

Post Text (Don't get too flowery or verbose lest I get lost.)

Out of Character comments, text, and description of action with relevant domain use.

Garland Grey - Besieged Big’Un Settlement, Badlands

The Overgod gives you a solemn nod as it phases you back into reality. “This is the last free settlement of the Big’Uns. You cared about them before and they call your name still.”

As your awareness of the town grows you see Half-Giants rushing to man the walls and prepare fire crews. At the center of town a nearly impossibly old and wizened Half-Giant woman sits in meditation. You cannot see outside the walls but soon rocks covered in flaming pitch begin to rain down. The ones at the walls attempt to return fire with their great bows while the woman begins to direct her psionic abilities to deflect or destroy the stones falling on the town.

It seems a last, desperate defense.

Starke - Klibariko, Bluffs

The Overgod speaks as you enter the realm. “Your deeds in life did not go unnoticed. Your final battle had witnesses, on the cliff overlooking all the lands destroyed by your foe. They tell your legend still. You will find them seeking your old ally and struggling against your old-but diminished- foe.” It seems to move on as you gain awareness of a strong young man carrying something that could be described as a small boulder up a steep trail. He is doing well, but as the rock blocks his vision ahead a vulture nudges a stone in his path.

He falls, the weight of the stone crushing into his chest. He seems determined to lift the stone unaware or uncaring that he is broken.

Ur Tau Mica - Self, Fertile Plains

“The stoic viewer of the Plains awakens. Will you be content to witness or will you act, I wonder..” The Overgod trails off, obviously moving its focus and attention elsewhere.

You sense a small human in one of your cavities, known to humans as a cave. It seems to be holding a magic item though it is not using it. It appears frightened and is leaking water from its eyes as it makes wailing sounds.

Sister Jessica - Gnoll Settlement(Gnerk), Temperate Forest

The Overgod brings you into reality in the commons of a Gnoll settlement. You have been aware of them, and some of you, for many years now in dreams but only now do you begin to manifest. You see a group of Gnolls in black cloth and leather resembling your own grab arguing with another more primitively dressed group with various levels of glowing red eyes. From what you can make out, they seem to be having an argument about relations with the humans at the edge of the forest. You finally manifest at night well after the crowd has dispersed.

Murmur - Fallcrest, Northern Plains

The Overgod peered in on you metaphysically as it went about its rounds. “Ah, you have become self-aware. Good. Now to see how you do. Non-corporeality can be difficult though. This town is relatively peaceful, and some may crave more than a farmer’s or craftsperson’s life. Have at it.”

As I have been unable to ascertain a clear idea of what you are after I am allowing you liberties in fleshing out the town while I get a bead on you. Idyllic little RPG starter town.

Airagh - Dilapidated Shrine, Swamplands

The Overgod throws you into the ruins of your own shrine. “They seem to think you’ve abandoned them. We know better.” A few sickly couples pray at the shrine, surrounded by sickly looking plants. Everything here looks like it has seen better days and is suffering some kind of blight.

Hilary - Strange Mountain, Northern Mountains

The Overgod speaks briefly. “This was once a great safehouse of a technologically advanced race. Their mastery of information led them to great heights and a terrible fall.”

You appear at an entrance to a cave in the mountains. A few signs exist within the entrance of the gate along with a metal fence that has been cut open. The signs read, “Restricted Area” and “Authorized Personnel Only.” A group of humanoid Crow-people seem to be walking towards the entrance carrying heavy bundles and bags.

Corinthian - The Docks, Ruined Metropolis

Wherever you were the Overgod has scooped you up and placed you on the Ruined Metropolis. You have never been, as none have braved the seas to get here or back since the final refugees landed on the mainland during the dark years. An ancient security robot awakes and hobbles toward you, :”Intruder, Identify yourself!” It screams in a tinny voice.

Diona- Salina, The Great Desert

You awaken just after dawn in the middle of a grand festival. The revelers are just rousing from the night's rest and your appearance blends in with the various arts and costumes worn by the denizens of this area. A group seems to be going around checking on things, making notes and all this group is wearing skeleton body paint.

Wegirn - Klomin, Tropical Archipelago

The Overgod speaks as you phase into reality, “These people have become complacent. They are in danger of losing the tales and skills of old and trapping themselves on their own Islands.” You appear in a market on what appears to be a tropical island. Tanned humans abound selling and buying all manner of things. A blind beggar recites an old tale as she is ignored by most or given a few shell-beads by some passers-by.

Sylvester - Ruined Outpost, North Shore, Jungles.

A group of scavengers, adventurers, and primitive archaeologists are combing over the ruins. While most has been picked clean some digging has revealed structures and foundations. The group is in the process of deciding which building to breach first. The current argument is between a small one near the southern edge of wall or one somewhat larger near what might have been a barracks.

Vamer - Lich’s Lair, Island Black

Kled exhales as the others fall to ash. The burst of power was notable and the other denizens of the Island would likely make note. Whether curious or envious there were all types of undead and dark beings about who would be all too eager to attempt to steal Vamer’s power. The undead outside moaned and groaned as they shambled about in the murky lands outside your lair.

Arianhod - Outside the Lost Woods, Temperate Forest

The Overgod drops you outside a spooky woodland. “Beware, the spirits are restless here.”

A small merchant party is exiting the woods looking harrowed and lost. One of their members crumples a map in disgust, while the others seem terrified. The tracks from their wagon indicate this is not the first time they have turned around here. A scream echos from the woods but seems to come from all of it at once. The map-crumpler counts his party members and frowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Starke strode down the path, impressed by the young man's strength and determination. Lifting the boulder with one hand, Starke reaches out with his free hand, placing it on the man's broken chest. He speaks, his voice booming and deep, "I am Starke, and your actions have impressed me. Pledge yourself to me, body and soul, and I will grant you my gifts."

If the man assented to the pledge, Starke planned to channel his divine power into his broken body, restoring him and granting him great strength and vitality.

Starke's gonna use Strength[+2] to give this guy the gift of swole if he agrees to be Starke's disciple.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Sylvester - Ruined Outpost, North Shore, Jungles

Sylvester heads over to feuding archaeologists and listens to their argument. "So, it sounds like you're both saying that we just don't know. They both look like promising sites, and there's not really much to distinguish one from the other. Then, in that case, why not just pick one? When we're ignorant, one is as good as the other, after all. I'd say start with the small site, but that's just me. You generally find good stuff near walls, though."

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Wegirn - Klomin, Tropical Archipelago, Marketplace

The echoes of the destruction that ripped apart the world echo in his mind. His wisdom had failed, there were no stories to help against the calamity that seemed to envelope everything. No one would remember him, sing his song. Perhaps no one would sing any songs at all. The darkness took him.

These people have become complacent.

Words spoken by something greater than the world, greater than the gods, greater than divinity itself.

They are in danger of losing the tales and skills of old and trapping themselves on their own Islands.

His eyes snap open. The words fade into the roar of the ocean surf, indistinct yet burned into his mind. He sits up, checking himself over. He was alive... and somehow he knew that the world had been saved. Not by him, but by something else. And that something else had sent him back, changed... He stands and he perks up as he hears a tale from this new land. He walks over to the old blind woman, and stands nearby. He decides that he would help the woman - he didn't know the story, exactly, but he seemed to understand the purpose. He decides to lend his own abilities to the storytelling, to earn this old woman some money and perhaps make a few people take heed.

Will use Skald +2 to enhance the storytelling by the woman, and learn the wisdom of her tale. I will probably try to learn her stories and the wisdom therein, perhaps make her the first of an Order of loremasters and skalds before we set off on Adventure.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

The endless dreams had finally faded. The earth stood solidly under her feet once again, and breath flowed through her lungs. Jessica had little reckoning of what was transpiring in the world but that was of little consequence. It was the nature of the world that suffering would exist within it, and it was her desire to ease that suffering however she might.

As she strode through the settlement her passing was accompanied by a sense of peace, relieving the aches and pains of a day's work and easing troubled minds from their worries. She stopped before the largest yurt, sizing it up and listening to what she could hear beyond the curtained entry.

Taking a breath, she called out to those within. "My name is Jessica, and I beg entrance. I call upon the hospitality of this tribe, and will repay it a hundredfold. What say you?"

Healing +2 to grant the people in this settlement a full and restful sleep as Jessica passes through. Minor cuts and bruises and the stress of the days happenings will melt away.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

It displeased her to see everything run down and frail, from the plants to the people to her focal point of worship. This place needed vitality, it needed a fresh start, it needed an injection of new life. Fortunately, she was who she was. The first thing to do was to answer their prayers in spectacular fashion....

Using Maternity +2 on the appropriate half of each couple to visibly answer their prayers and supplications, causing them not just to bear abundantly but to be capable of doing so, lending them the necessary health to ensure future success.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

The replica stirred and shifted from its position on the summit. Ur Tau Mica paused for a moment to get familiar with this shape, stretching the body’s limbs before beginning its slow descent. Finding the human wasn’t hard. The challenge would be to convince the human to live here under Ur Tau’s protection. Preferably not inside one of his ‘caves;’ he didn’t think it to be safe for something - no… someone so small.

As the replica stood before the cave, its voice rumbled out to the human.

“Human?.... Are you... okay?”

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009
Murmur , currently pestering the residents of Fallcrest

18 years ago, in the town of Fallcrest
Penny sat on her grandfathers knee awaiting a story, she was hoping it be another adventure of one of her favourite heroes. Maybe Enki the giant who couldn't poop or Tarke the strongest man who ever lived or perhaps even Korinthiad the knight who was stuck in her armor, although her stories were weird because she always jumps into a volcano at the end. "Once upon a time" he started with his gruff tone" there was a brave hero called Penny who lived in a village on the edge of the forest..."

That night was the first of many nights during which Penny dreamed she would become a hero. Mostly kids just did the same job as their parents when they grew up. Her brother Tom was already learning about horses and would become a farrier like their father. Penny didn't want to become one, she disliked horses because they were stinky and sometimes bit you if their hooves were sore. She wished her parents had cool jobs like being blacksmiths or innkeepers, she especially wished their job was eating sticky buns. (Only later in life did she learn that there was no such job as "sticky bun eater")

Present day, (still living with her parents) in the town of Fallcrest
Today, today Penny would show them, she would show them all. She would save the village from the... umm... yeah. Being the town guard was actually way less interesting than she had thought it would be. Fallcrest hadn't had or needed any guards since her grandfather's time. Not to be discouraged, she had stitched "GARDE" onto a jumble of old leather armor and broken saddlery and declared herself captain of the guard. Fallcrest didn't have barracks and despite her not so subtle hints to the mayor, the job didn't include pay. Fallcrest was however surrounded by a sturdy stone wall, a holdover from darker days. They even had bits that stuck up so you could duck behind if someone was shooting arrows at you, a knowledgeable bard who had passed through last winter said that they were called croutons or something.

Interesting or not, there was still a job to do. Penny repeated her circuit of the walls, making sure to look up in the sky for dragons and out in all directions for marauding giants. She made a point of glancing up again in case the dragons were being sneaky and had flown closer while she was busy looking for giants. Today was actually rather like yesterday and the day before. Nothing had attacked and no trouble had been discovered, despite carefully checking through the tinker's saddlebags in case he was smuggling goblins. The contents were rather disappointing actually, mostly small metal items such as needles, some salt, his travel rations and an odd engraving that looked suspiciously like Fallcrest's innkeeper without any clothes on.

There was something though, something was about to happen. Today was different and she knew it. The odd fuzzy feeling was hanging just out of reach. She had felt it before, subsequently a bear had wandered into town presumably following the fishy scent from a leak in the smokehouse roof. This time was distinct, stronger maybe? Something really wasn't right. People were in danger, Penny started ringing her ceremonial bell and yelling for everyone to get inside the walls.

Michael the wainwright was the last inside and helped her brother Tom shut the gates. Just as the mayor was attempting to get Penny to explain what the clamor was all about there was a scream of fear. Soon those who were brave enough stood on the walls where between the trees they could see glimpses of a DRAGON, wait dragon? Dragons were a sky thing, that was definitely a specific point in all the stories. The head looked sort of dragonish.. well it had scales at least.. what was it? She quickly appraised the behemoth as it lumbered towards Fallcrest, ducking back and forth between the crenelation to be safe. When it finally made it to the wall she jumped into action, this was what she had been preparing for...

Okay, so I'm making a hero, I'm sorry if the fluff was too long. This is a domain roll of +2 Fame against whatever wandered out of the forest to make a villager named Penny into a hero, if i fail the roll Penny is probably dead and the village is in trouble. The backstory includes a grandfather who knows enough about heroes to know occasionally stories come true after they are told.

Edit: Returned town to it's original name

Content to Hover fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Oct 5, 2017

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

This wasn't....good. The elder was holding but barely. Who was attacking, in what numbers? Why? No time. Garland leapt to the battlements himself and added his strength to the shield. Weaving his own into it. Then he would see what the hell was going on.

Using Psi [+2] to enhance and strengthen the elder's shield. Then finding out what was going on.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 2, 2017

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

The world Hilary knew was gone in a moment, transported by a being far beyond his ken. Suddenly it felt like he was in a new tome, in an unknown language, written in a strange code. Total mastery of his realm gave way to a sense of limitation that reminded him of his early days walking the libraries only able to read a few books a day. His people were gone, left to the care of the Overgod. The sense of the unknown and discovery was thrilling. A whole world full of new words and ideas!

He looked upon the crow people and felt pity. With their heavy packs seeking refuge perhaps they were refugees? But what especially drew his care to them was their wings. Hilary had chosen wings for his own form when he had attained that liberty. Surely the Overgod had favoured this people with Wings too and left them to Hilary's care. He had much to learn of them and this facility they were entering but before he would manifest himself directly he felt the need to show them his power and through that his heart for them.

He let himself slip from corporeality and beat his wings to send him diving into the facility. The crow people may not have noticed or even been able to read the signs as he could and would certainly have trouble navigating this place and the defenses it must have. Hilary raced around perceiving absorbing, understanding. Then when he knew the buildings structure and any traps or codes that might bar entry he set about leaving golden glowing messages in clear spots, signs that would guide the crow people safely inside and let them find places of lodging. And he also left a sigil of a book with wings that burned with a soft light.

Going to go and try and get ahead of the crow people and read the facility. See if there are plans and signs. Translate and mark the doors, hallways and defenses so that they can get in smoothly while also letting them know that they are being watched over by a benevolent force

Written Word +2

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Arianrhod - Outside the Lost Woods, Temperate Forest

Being hurtled Overgod-knows-how-many leagues from home was quite the trip. Fortunately, it looked a lot like what she was used to. Something about spirits then? Arianrhod looks upon the strangers at the edge of the woodline and sees one of them fling a wad of...something to the ground. Oh, and now the woods themselves are screaming, fantastic. She approaches the caravan and nods to the one apparently in control. "Good day, it seems you all are a bit lost." More screaming. "And have other problems as well?"

Saying hello

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 2, 2017

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

Ash lays thick in the air like a somber breeze, floating down on the hard rock of the carved cavern Vamer has laired in these past decades and obscuring the fading light of the arcane symbols on the floor. The glow around Vamer's corpse slowly subsides and the body begins to move again as Vamer's spirit reconnects to its earthly tether. In a grand ritual of his own design from years of research Vamer has taken the first true step to escaping death. While others have always sought to defeat death, Vamer grew to understand one must embrace it to deny it. As much of a contradiction as that may seem, Vamer can feel new power flow through him. He frowns, shriveled tendons drawing the tattered flesh of his mouth back. This is not the power I sought...but it feels like a step in the right direction. I can feel it, the Decay of all the things. I can hold it off, accelerate it, or maybe even reverse it? Vamer thinks.

His undead (divine? divine) gaze turns to the ashes once more, all that remains of his students save one. The others could not escape their fear of death and so it consumed them, but Kled was different. He was an orphan Vamer found on a battlefield clutching the body of his sister, struck by an arrow as two lords clashed at a nameless village. The boy only stared as Vamer approached and said, "Child, do you want her back?" A small nod. "Then come with me, and in time we might find a way to take those we lost back from death." Vamer spoke to the boy of necromancy and his goals as they watched the battle finish, then chanted and raised the fallen to take back with him. The survivors were worn out by the battle and only watched in fear as the procession of dead left, the lich holding the boys hand and a skeleton holding the girls corpse besides them. The sisters corpse lays now with his families, in the deepest and most secure vault in the cavern.

Five years had passed since then. Now, the end seems finally in reach. "Kled, it is done. And it is not done. I have ascended past mortality and into divinity now, but death is not my domain...yet. But I am close. Decay obeys me now, the erosion and breaking of all things. The Slow Death will trouble us no more. But the others, who have sought for longer than we, will come soon in search of the same power. We must make ready to receive our...guests. But first..."

Vamer streches forth his hand and flexes his new power, sending it forth to hit Kled. "My blessing upon you, first of my students and now High Priest. Times clock has stopped for you, your body shall no longer age and decay as was your living fate. You will not need to become as I became."

"Now, ready the zombies, the ghouls, the skeletons. Send a message to Landers the revenant, he may be amendable to bending the knee. We must have a show of force to keep the scavengers and predators at bay. Then...then I go after Death itself."

Blessing my new High Priest using the power of Decay, stopping his aging. Possibly any sickness as well, if that counts as decay. Vamer rallies his army of undead to provide a strong show of force and will attempt to recruit Landers the revenant, a powerful warrior who returned into undeath through force of will. He would make both a strong ally and a good study subject on death.

Quornes fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Oct 6, 2017

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Corinthian - The Docks - Ruined Metropolis

"Intruder! Identify Yourself!"

Corinthian turned on the automaton like he was a normal sort of irritation, on a normal sort of day. He spat back a venom-covered hiss; "My name is CORINTHIAN! And I'm a Prince of Hell, you filthy machine. LOWER YOUR VOICE WHEN YOU SHOUT AT ME!!" ... Where am I?! I demand to know where I am and where that volcano went -- DAMMIT! That was the one, wasn't it?! WASN'T IT?!"

"Lower Your Voice And Lay On The Ground Or You Will Be Deemed Hostile!"

"Maybe I AM hostile! Hmm? Ever think of that? Did you transport me here?! I'm hostile with anyone who takes me away from my chance at salvation. That could include YOU!"

"Discharging Weapons!"

"Bring it you loving aluminum scrapheap!"

The first mortar sent Corinthian rocketing into the side of the nearest building. There was a delay before the second mortar, long enough for Corinthian to mouth off in. The third and fourth shots were immediate, an element of nervousness in their quickened pace. The automaton relented then cautiously watching Corinthian fall, like half the wall, onto the street below, a collection of metal trashbins toppling beneath them. It breathed a sigh of digital relief which froze in it's faux-lungs when it saw a figure emerge from the rubble. Holding a metal trashbin.

"Explosions?" It said, stalking subtly closer to the automaton. "I saw a few of those at the coliseum! They're exotic, of course; supposed to get the job done very well but, then, they say that about a lot of things ... On the other hand! What the hell are you supposed to do with one at close range? You're basically unarmed if your opponent isn't 20 paces away. It's IMPRACTICAL!" He held the trashbin above his head then and said the simple word "Observe". The trashbin flew, bouncing across the ground at the automaton, and Corinthian was behind it, using the cover to bridge the distance. In a few seconds Corinthian was near enough to lift the trashbin and bring it down savagely against the automoton's head. The first strike didn't do it. The twentieth strike didn't do it. Corinthian committed a solid fifteen minutes to beating the robot to death with a trash bin. It was a one sided battle, Corinthian perched upon a helpless pinned robot. It was hard for Corinthian to feel bad for the automaton, he had been on the receiving end of this exact situation. The only difference was his head didn't cave in.

"Lucky bastard." Corinthian thought as he stood up from the scene.

He looked down at the creature, and around at the metropolis. The question of where he was burned a little brighter. Its seemed ancient... Advanced. The people of this city had artifact people! He'd never seen another besides the golem he was bound to, he'd begun to wonder if he was unique. He studied the artifact he'd just crushed twitching on the ground. I was not a similar build to himself, nor crafted from a similar material. But it was undoubtedly in the same category of artifacts as the golem. Little, fake, people. Programmable beings. Like what? For people who can't afford --

... Servants.

Corinthian smiled, loaded his pipe and dragged the automaton onto a nearby bench, staring down at it with a surgical eye. "Should be as simple as popping out a couple circuits. Maybe defacing an inscription. And afterwards, just think! When I tell you not to raise your voice at me..." Corinthian took a long drag from his pipe and blew it in the automaton's face before screaming in what must have been its ear. "YOU'LL loving DO IT!!!" He kicked it one more time, for good measure, and set about his day's labor. He'd never programmed a servant before. but all the parts were there. How hard could it be?

Corinthian beat the security drone to death with a metal trashcan. Now he's using Artifacture [+2] to try and repair the damage he did to the drone and reprogram it to be an obedient servant.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Diona awoke with a yawn and a needlessly elongated stretch, taking in the dry desert air (why was she in a desert town anyway), the burning sun on her face, and the sweaty, musky odor of the other rousing revelers (ahhh right, that's why). She jumped to her feet, scratched her cheek idly, and fished a half-eaten local pastry from a pocket to have for breakfast as she took in the sights.

The place looked fun enough, even if Diona was currently beset by a bout of party-induced amnesia and could not really exactly recall if she had any other reason to instigate such a thing (which she guessed she must have) here except to have a good time. Not that she needed any other reason, of course. Idly, she sauntered over to the group of people taking notes.

"Heyyy", she said, voice bright and cheerful, "What's with the notepads? Are you like, party arbitrators or something? Wandering sages recording festivals the world over? Or civil servants just doing their job but that felt the need to sort of blend in which hey", Diona winked and finger-gunned the nearest of the group, "I can totally appreciate. Nice to have good sports like that around yeah?"

She walked closer. "Yeaaah but seriously though, what's the deal here? And that's an honest question, I honestly have no idea what's going on haha!" She took s swig from a flask at her belt as she waited for an answer.

Asking the bodypainted note-takers for some info as to what they're doing.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

The man gasps in confused amazement, “...ark!”. It seems he was already a fan and even recognizes you. Your power flowers into him as he pushes the small boulder back up much more easily than before. He lifts himself back up and continues up the path the last leg of his Journey and paces the boulder on the cliff. A crowd can be heard cheering below. He looks back to where you appeared to him, stunned that you are still actually there.

You are known to him. There is a distinct whiff of “Hero” to this devotion. He has your blessing and is healed.

The leaders of the two factions turned to look at you, seemingly breaking the standoff. They agreed to start digging up the small site now, with the larger one to be next. Within a few days they had dug out a single wall with a strange door and an even stranger bit of old technology attached. The door does not take much damage to hammer blows and attempts to force it are unsuccessful.

I don’t know what you do in the meantime but you sway the group to go after the smaller site by the wall.

You figure out a tune to go with her words and she starts, listens, and begins the story over.

“Long ago, when the word moved on
Our people fled danger to the sea
Though our land behind was gone
We knew where the islands be

The journey was long and perilous
Worthy of tales of its own
With eyes bright and minds serious
We left and traveled home.

The surrounding people were all entranced, a tale of daring, lost technology, lost arts, and mentions of seagoing groups that joined in the quest to the islands sparking feelings that had long since been forgotten.

The group is listening and imagining.

Sister Jessica - Gnoll Settlement(Gnerk), Temperate Fores
t

The night goes well at first, among the more sturdy housings. Things went worse around the more primitive huts and what appeared be a few gnolls sleeping outside. A chorus of pained yells and barks led a group of red eyes to search around. They quickly found the human figure among them. “What foul magic are you casting?” Their leader, the one arguing earler, snarled at you. “You seek to take our power from us?”

The leader of the others, in garb similar to your own, comes running and slows as he sees you. “Lady Jessica!” He exclaims.

Your healing magic seems to have bothered the red-eyes. Everyone else is great though.

The women gasped and shook and fell to the ground as the change overcame them. They vomited up a foul and strange substance and stepped back in better health. The entire group was amazed and looked to the shrine in praise.

They’re able to bear children again, and their health has improved.

The boy gave a startled yelp. He could not see you, yet, and the way was far out. He yelled back, “Go away wind man! You can’t have it back! You are mean and I hate you!”

Penny lept from the wall with her spear at the beast. A fearsome Drake coming from the forest, it would have surely eaten those outside the wall if not for her alarm. Falling on it before it could attack the stragglers near the wall her spear peirced its eye, its brain steam, and its heart before breaking. Penny herself broke her fall by falling on the beast which further damaged it and forced the last breath from its lungs. Slightly bruised she got up and inspected her kill. The townspeople stared at her, mouths agape.

You don’t get to rename the town. Please follow location convention as outlined in my first post. I wonder what Penny will get up to next.

The anti-missile effects were replaced by an impenetrable dome. The Half-giant warriors brandished spears at you, a human, until the elder held out her hand. “Garland Grey! I am Ona! It has been centuries since I saw you last, and I was but a child when you disappeared. I learned my lessons well, especially those about longevity.” She chuckled. “You have returned, this bodes well.” She turned to the others. “Garland Grey has returned!”

The rest cheered like men saved from the gallows.

They remember you. Ona seems to have the hang of Psionics.

The crow people touched your sigils and signs in wonder, and followed them inside. A few remained behind outside and the rest followed and learned the way beyond the doors and the gates. They decided to send a pair back to those outside with word that they had made it far inside before setting up camp. It seemed full of pre-catastrophe tech, and there was even still light from squares on the ceiling.

You got them inside. They are currently safe. Caw.

Arianrhod - Outside the Lost Woods, Temperate Forest

The man regarded you. “Ah, a shamaness? Charmed.” He drawled. “Yes we are indeed having a hard time of it right now. The haints are out in force, and the forest is hinky with them. They are not usually anywhere near this bad, nor this prevalent.” He wiped his forehead with a handkerchief. “One of my party seems to have been lost, too. I would be much oblidged if you could help us find him and our way. This is my most lucrative trip of the year and I also don’t relish the thought of explaining to the fellows widow he got murdered by ghosts.” He held out his hand. “The name is Noone, madam. Thomas Noone.”

Talkative fellow, seems more annoyed by the situation than frightened.

Kled screamed as the power came over him. He looked the same, but his power over the dead grew to the limits of mortal ability. He strained under the power until he fell to the ground. When he rose he did so as a master necromancer. Your high priest kneeled and thanked you for your mighty blessing. The dead outside stood at the ready.

Natural 12. He is an absurdly powerful cleric with the decay domain(still mortal-tier though) and immortal+0 save for violence. The rest was a separate action.

The machine responds. “Welcome, Captain!” The security measures and other robots that were waking up stood down as you were recognized as the base commander. There was still no power in the facility, and it was extremely damaged but it was yours to explore.

You wrote in a little more than I’m comfortable with but nothing I can exactly find fault with. Also you put it back together with enough left to be identified as the new Base Commander.

The Skullpainted ones surrounded you. One checked your vitals, and another spoke. “Have you had enough water? Little too much fun? We are Hosts. We make sure everyone has a good time at the Party!” She looked at your wrist. “Oh no! How long have you been here. If you stay too long you’ll never want to leave!.”

Civil servants. Strange rules but hey it’s the party of a lifetime!

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianrhod - Heading into the Lost Woods, Temperate Forest

"Can you describe this man? What was, er is his name? When and where did you last see him? And perhaps most importantly, do you have any of his belongings in your wagon? Clothing, mementos, souvenirs he might have had on him for awhile."

Presuming she finds something, Arianrhod begins chanting and compels the sympathetic connection with the object to show her the way to the lost individual. The local ghouls and ghosts would have to be dealt with as they came.

[Druidism+2] to use a sympathetic connection to locate this guy, and also smack aside any smaller groups of spirits that get in her way, if they start seriously massing, she'll wait until next turn to specifically deal with them.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Now there was interesting. Whatever this foulness was, it would likely taint the seed of the secondary partners as well. Whilst she could bring about new life at will in the freshly cleansed vessels, the underlying source of this corruption needed to be found, and it needed to be dealt with. For that, she needed more power, and more faithful. So, she spake into the minds of those she had cleansed,

"I place my blessing upon you, the first of my Priestess-mothers. Those with whom you lie with the intent of getting a child shall be cleansed: your purification shall spread to them. The foulness which was removed from you I seek to remove from all things, so upon you I make this command: Send to this place your sisters, your neighbours, your daughters and nieces if they are of age, your aunts, mothers and grandmothers without limit. Those who are willing to bear young, I shall cleanse, I shall bless and I shall ordain as I have done with you. Spread this word. Spread my faith. Go forth and multiply."

Using Maternity +2 to spread the purification to those with whom they try to have a baby. Also, calling them Priestess-mothers and asking them to send their kith and kin willing to have children to the shrine to be ordained and blessed in order to spread the faith and empower Airagh with the aim of being able to do more about the blight.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
(Edit: Gateway timeout double post.)

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Oct 5, 2017

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Garland looked around. "Ona, I...time has passed so much is it really you?" Garland was impressed she had progressed to this level of power She was far beyond the girl she once was. "What has happened to the Big'Un? Who, what, and why are you under attack?" He asked.

The cheers of these good people filled Garland with joy but his concern and feeling of foreboding didn't ease. Checking the shield, Garland felt it would hold for now while he found out what was going on.

Garland is asking Ona the who, what, where, when, and why of those attacking. The situation.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

The crowd gathered, he stands and starts speaking as the story ends.

"There is a whole world out there across the ocean, a place that you had nearly forgot. I say that you reverse that motion, before you're stuck on these islands to rot."

He looks around, trying to pick out those who looked more interested. Looking for the adventurous spark in their eyes, "Look upon me. I am not from here. I had heard tales of the people who fled across the sea, so long ago, and so here you are. I tell you now, the rest of the world is recovering too. There is more than these islands you have settled, and if you ever want to return to the homelands of your forbears the time is now, before someone else beats you to it. And even if your old cities and towns were destroyed, new ones can be built."

Using Skald +2 to try and fan the flames there and get people seriously thinking about this. Gonna try and use the fact that I'm here, and I'm clearly not one of them to try and add some weight to my words.

Then assuming the crowd disperses to ponder his words, he will turn to the blind storyteller, "My name is Wegirn. What is yours?"

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

"Yes! Yes that's right, perfect. Base Commander! Add it my ever growing list of titles." Corinthian beamed as much as his rigid metal face allowed. "And what do I call you now?"

"My Serial Number Is B-7-"

"ONE!" Corinthian shouted. "I'll name you One. You don't need a serial code anymore One, and do you know why? Cause you're with me now. You and me One; we have a long, dark, very horrible future in front of us. And I need you to carry my things. But first." He knelt to scoop a ruined charred stone from the ground, black and porous in consistency. He tossed it at One "-draw your name on your chestplate. Scratch the number one right on there so I can tell you apart. Take this stone, hand it to another sentry, have him scratch the number two on his chestplate. He hands it off to another sentry who scratches the number three. So on and so forth. I want all the guards under my command given their new designations before nightfall."

"And when your done hurry back here! We're gonna have a nice long chat about where the Hell I am and how I got here so suddenly."

Corinthian has named his first sentry One and has asked him to oversee all the sentry under his command being given their new designations. When this task is over Corinthian will press One to explain what this city is, where it is, why it's empty and how he might have been teleported here.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

"Well, this is interesting, isn't it?" He kneels in the dirt in front of it and takes out a notepad, drawing sketches of the locking machinery. "Have any of you seen anything like this before? He consults with the other adventurers and archaeologists. "It's really quite fascinating, I think."

Studying the door and more the lock to figure out how they work and how to open them. Technology +2

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Starke sits on a rock waiting for his new disciple to return. He was surprised to be recognized and had many questions, but if he was going to be a God, then his disciples ought to come to come to him, not vice versa. He passes the time by looking down below to see just who was doing the cheering.

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009

For most of her life Penny had been considered eccentric by her family and daft by everyone else. Today she had proven them all wrong, monstrous dangers existed and only a true Hero could hope to defeat them. As to what occurred after she slew the drake, the town spent a day in celebration. Everyone had a day free of work, like a festival day. There was drinking, dancing and Penny was even rewarded, the mayor commissioned a suit of armor from the drake's hide to be crafted by Samuel the tanner. It was a huge rush, that night Jeremy wrote a song about her!

Jeremy the bard posted:

Gather all and hear the story,
Of how Penny gained a hero's glory
So, hush and listen close as I regale
She stood alone, our own brave guard

Training each day with sword and spear
For unknown danger she did prepare
Come rain or shine, without fail

When from the forest burst a beast
Upon the innocent intent to feast
Some fearful few let out a wail

But a champion's resolve will never break
With one mighty blow she slew the drake
Never doubting she would prevail

Now you know of hard earned fame
So raise a mug in our hero's name
Celebrate Penny with your ale
And stand together, for our brave guard

Two days later a messenger arrived. Penny was excited, she had only ever left Fallcrest once before, when she was small and her grandfather had taken her with him to the city. The big worry she had was leaving her post unattended. Everyone agreed that she had proven worth of having a town guard. After discussing it with the mayor and her brother Tom they set up a rotation of people who would keep watch in case any other dangers emerged from the forest, the days of Fallcrest being unguarded were over. (While under normal circumstances people would be afraid, she made it look remarkably easy.)

So in the background Penny is getting a suit of armor made from the drake's hide, a song has been written about her and she's been summoned by an unknown person. Nearby towns will start to hear what's happened and the story will eventually spread far enough that my followers will hear about it. When they do they will know she's my current focus and will likely spread her fame, given they are bards\storytellers it will probably work. I suspect they also have ulterior motives but in character I don't know them. -Also I'm not a bard, writer or a Jeremy so pretend that was well written-

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Jessica watched, still a little dazed, as a great deal of commotion arose. Admittedly, her arrival in the dead of night was cause for some concern. Yet the claims against her, that she was casting some dark sorcery? What were these red-eyed folk that her power affected them so? As more gnolls arrived, she locked eyes with the leader as he called her name.

"I...know you." She stared up at him, wide eyed. "I feel like I have been dreaming for a very long time. So much is hazy to me, but I know you. The day you took your blood-name, I was watching..." She trailed off, wonderment obvious in her voice. She had not been certain anything she had seen during her long sleep had been real. But seeing him and the settlement washed away all doubt.

The continued objections of the red-eyes now drew her attention. She turned to their leader and after studying his face a moment, bowed deeply. "I apologize if I have offended or pained you and yours. I seek only hospitality, and wished to soothe the mind and body of those here in what small way I could. I swear it honestly, and if you demand recompense I will pay it. You need only ask. The only thing you may not demand of me is my life." She rose from her bow and continued, raising her voice a bit to be heard clearly. "I died, yet I am reborn to continue my work. The world still heals from the wounds inflicted an Age ago. I must do my part in aiding her, and the people who live upon her, until my task is done. Anything short of my life, though, I offer freely at the asking."

A thought fluttered through her mind as she spoke. Having died once, did the possibility even exist for her a second time?

Attempting to smooth things over with the red-eyed gnolls via honesty and openness. Calling upon her flaw of Martyr [-2], as she is not familiar with the customs of these individuals yet has metaphorically bared her throat to them. While that might be commendable, it is probably not wise.

Though very curious, Jessica reasons it is probably not politic to inquire what the significance of the eyes is right now.

Shardix fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 7, 2017

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Hilary passed amongst the people unnoticed as they set up for their first night in the ruins. He noticed that some arranged their nests close to his glowing sigils, perhaps misunderstanding that they offered some kind of protection beyond pointing safe routes and indicating dangerous taps. Still he appreciated the somewhat misplaced faith and it served to motivate him to do even more to try and see that no harm befell them.

Drawing on his godly power he sought for one of the birds who might have affinity for the written word and soon he found himself drawn to one crow that had taken out some kind of tools and was seeking to record the sigils and even some of the layout of the base. Hilary watched over him as he worked late into the night, even while those around him went to sleep. Eventually this crow too succumbed to his mortal needs and it was then that Hilary entered his dreams.

The crow dreamed it was in a great library, except instead of being contained in a building the shelves extended high into the sky. As he drew closer he saw that the shelves themselves were tree and each leaf was written on as if it was a page. Plucking one of the leaves it turned from green to shining gold in his hands.

“Tell me your story.”

The bird began writing furiously and just as a golden leaf was filled another one appeared before it ready for more of the birds’ story.

Empowering one of the birds I feel an affinity for to create "The Book of Flight." Hopefully the first of their Holy Books. I hope it will contain the history of their people (allowing me to know more about them) and will serve as a cultural touchstone of the race. One they can study and debate and learn from.

Written Word +2

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

"Now, ready the zombies, the ghouls, the skeletons. Send a message to Landers the revenant, he may be amendable to bending the knee. We must have a show of force to keep the scavengers and predators at bay. Then...then I go after Death itself."

Vamer rallies his army of undead to provide a strong show of force and will attempt to recruit Landers the revenant, a powerful warrior who returned into undeath through force of will. He would make both a strong ally and a good study subject on death.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Diona blinked a few times.

"Huh."

"That's real neat, like, a city where there's always a party going on, if I'm reading you right. Cool, also maybe just the teeeeniest bit on the creepy side too though. But that's just me being the old worrywart me am I right boys ahaha!" Diona hooked an arm over one of the Host's shoulders in a slightly overtly familiar manner. "But hey, you don't mind if I stick with you lot for a bit to get my bearings? To see the city? Maybe you could even take me to your leader later yeh, I might have some cool and fun suggestions for this place yeah?"

Asking the Hosts if I get to hang out with them on their tour of the city to get a bit of a better picture of what is going on.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

“Wind man?”

The little human was in one of Ur Tau’s caves nestled within his vast body. And the human thinks the one speaking to him is wind?

Ur Tau Mica pondered if he should move the replica in the cave for a brief minute, peer inside so the human could see it. But he decided against it; the human sounded cagey.

“I do not want... whatever you have.” spoke the replica. “It... has been an age… since a human… came to my mountain.”

Let's try calming the little boy down.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Arianrhod - Heading into the Lost Woods, Temperate Forest

Noone presents a few of the man’s belongings, mostly spare clothes and a tobacco pouch. “We will camp out a distance that way” He motions away from the wood. “It doesn’t do to be to near the wood after dark when it’s like this.”

After a bit of winding through the wood to avoid clusters of haints you begin to lose your sense of direction. You also have the eerie sensation of being watched, but you cannot see or sense anyone around. The fog surrounds you and the forest seems devoid of the usual vibrant life you would usually find.

A middling roll. You’re safe in the woods right now but can’t quite work out the right direction to the man.

Your Priestess-Mothers give thanks and take their partners away to “cleanse” them. Others soon come, just as sickly if not more asking for the blessing. Some ask for the blessing not to bear children but to be free of the sickly disease that is ravaging the land. A few of your Priestess-Mothers have returned with cries that they have been ill-used by others for that very purpose and ask you for justice. Some of the aggressors are bound and laid before you. Others roam freely but you can sense them by their newfound vitality and verility.

You gain some followers and some just looking to escape the blight. Your priestess-mothers have a problem with a side-effect and want you to punish those that have wronged them.

Ona settled back down into a meditative pose and spoke with her eyes closed. “We enjoyed a period of peace and prosperity once my generation came of age. We each spread out and founded a new settlement. We parleyed with the humans on equal terms. But there came to us humans who wished to learn your art, lavishing us with great gifts. Among their number was a secret viper now known as Gargg. The name he goes by among humans is Francis - Though we are loathe to speak it.” She grimaces as if having tasted something foul.

“He uses his gifts to break the minds and wills of others to serve him. The human lands fell to him within mere years. Soon the humans began to attack our settlements. The masters fell to the sword or were taken, the Big’uns became slaves once again. We have held out a generation longer than any other, inciting slave riots and raiding their outlying settlements. It seems Gargg has managed to consolidate his power and control now. We have lost contact with those outside. The army outside the walls is massive.”

They were prepared to die fighting, but now their god has returned. The foe is Gargg the mind-breaker and his slaves and minions. Gargg is definitely an insult and scatological in origin.

Most of the crowd disperses, tied down on these islands by family or fear. Roughly a dozen remain around, curious to hear more about travel and adventure.

“Folau” The woman spoke, clutching her cane. “That is my name. You have strong song magic, Wegirn. And a foreign tongue. How did you come by our Islands?”

It was a while before One returned to you and answered your questions:

“This is the Island Titannia.” “[Gives locational data](You are aware you are to the North of the continent) “Base has been unoccupied for ERROR years.” “Your method of travel is unknown. Perhaps you are suffering cryo-amnesia?”

Removing the covering of the lock revealed thing little lines of copper on a board, with other metal parts around. A larger thing connected to the whole one of the ream recognizes as a “power source” and with a deft bit of slight of hand you swap the old one out of existance in exchange for a “charged” one. Once replaced you press a few buttons and the door opens. A blast of musty air carrying the scent of decay wafts out. Inside is a room with more devices and black panels. In the chair is a skeletal dessicated corpse dressed in a uniform. There remains no power.

The group pats you on the back. “What luck with that battery, stranger!”

You figure out and restore the lock to functioning condition, setting it to open in the process. I thought your starting domain was Engineering?

The crowd below chanted “Jax! Jax!”, with bits of “Starke’s Champion!” and “The Axe waits!” mixed in as the man, apparently Jax, stared at you in awe. You could see them below, many dozens of onlookers, with housing for a few hundred in the distance. Further out still unto the horizon was land filled with poisons, still tainted by the Terrible Beast you slayed long ago.

Jax returned to you after the cheering below simmered down. He appeared giddy and nervous. At a loss for speech. “Uh. Thank you for whatever it was you did back there. I thought that was the end.” His cheeks reddened. “Um.. I don’t know what to do here, Starke. I’m supposed to go down and try to pick up your axe soon.”

Why would he be picking up the Axe except if he had need?

Murmur - Corneria, Northern Plains

Penny was thrilled to have a song written about her, and within a week she was within the bustling capital city. They had big stone walls and the river was split to flow around it. It was, in a word, “neat.” The messenger arranged for her to have quarters in the castle while a meeting with the Crown Prince was to be arranged. Penny gathered that a Seer had predicted the rise of a Hero in Fallcrest and she was expected to do Hero-things.

She had just gotten settled in her room when a figure climbed in through the window and stumbled into the room. She was cloaked in black leather and cloth and had a sachel with two straps over her shoulders. “drat, sorry, the window was higher than I expected. Are you the Hero? I hear they get loot and songs about them and - I. AM. ALL. ABOUT. THAT.” She stared at Penny and threw a throwing knife at the doorframe. It missed the robed man passing by and hit the far wall by the handle. “drat, Hero girl, you really throw me off my game.” She smiled a goofy smile as the man came in screaming.

“What the F-” The Rogue put a finger to his lips.

“Shh. Hero stuff. You’re not hurt, right?”

He brushed her hand away from his face. “That is not the point. Knifeplay is forbidden in the castle!”

The Rogue rolled her eyes. “Yes because I follow the rules. Whatcha gonna do about it, nerd?”

He waves his hands and grabs something from his waist and mumbles under his breath as the Rogue falls asleep on Penny’s bed. “That. It’s junior Wizard Ramfell!” He makes a victory pose and nods at Penny. “I suppose you’re the Hero, then?”

Three is a crowd. The wizard is Ramfell and the Rogue is really shifty about her real name. She’ll try to go by “Whisper”

Sister Jessica - Gnoll Settlement(Gnerk), Temperate Forest | 1 MP

The Red-Eye leader snarls. “You are brave, human girl. But it’s your life I will take from you!”

She leaps upon you, obviously intending to tear you apart tooth and claw. Instead of harming you, however, she screams even worse than during the healing. Where she touched you she is...melting? She attempts to take a few steps and begins to dissolve into a red glowing mist. It howls and floats into the wood, fleeing your presence. The rest of the Red-Eyes follow with their tails between their legs.

Your follower just stands there, dumbfounded. Along with everyone else present.

It was a demonic power infused gnoll. It rolled...poorly. A newly divine white mage vs that was no real contest. Especially when it rolls a 1. Enjoy your MP.

The Crow-men, the work of an apparent mad scientist trying to uplift other intelligenct species after becoming dissatisfied with humanity over some petty incident over a “dipping sauce”, have existed as a people for a mere few hundred years. They might not have survived if not for the age of catastrophies giving them space to expand. They existed as a minority in human lands, learning farming and hunting from the humans who decided to help these strange people. In time, though, the xenophobic nature of humans led to clashes and war. This party has come in search of a fabled refuge for their people, a safe place to live and thrive.

When the bird wakes, it is holding a book of their history in exacting detail.

”The Book of Flight” is a 2nd-tier magic item. I have given the overview of their history.

Landers was a surly fellow, contemptable and thoroughly disagreeable. But he had also escaped death’s embrace and as such was at least worth a study. He shambled into your Lair as summoned, proclaiming, “I am told you have power over decay, now. Restore my body to what I looked like in life and I shall serve you forevermore!”

He has been in better shape.

“Fine, but you’ll be bored to death.” The group travels around, checking on things and enforcing rules and prohibitions. Some of them border on the arcane and asinine but they are strictly enforced. Once during the day they were called in for someone who had fallen unconscious. One of the Skele-crats checked her vitals and shooke his head. Two others retrieved a stretcher and carried the body off. As the sun set the group bid you farewell and made sure everyone was setting up camp. They put your request about seeing their leader off. it was obvious they did not think you had any issue or message worth conveying to their leader.

They bid you farewell and traveled off.

Such boring work to keep the party going.

The boy peeked around the corner, his interest piqued. “Mountain… man?”

A dust cloud could be seen in the distance. It seemed to be getting closer.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

"Uh huh. Yeah. Hmm"

Diona nodded along politely as she followed the hosts along, but didn't seem to be truly interested. All of this was just petty bureaucratic drivel, which, fine, was important and all, but not really what she was after knowledge-wise. Really, she was only really roused from her torpor when they happened upon the body. Diona kneeled in some alarm at the sight, gently placing a hand on her cheek as she was taken away. For a while she just stared in apprehension as the stretchers were taken away, a disapproving frown on her face.

"Yeaaaah that's not cool at all. This isn't some sort of weird curse town where people are made to dance until they die or something is it? I mean honestly I feel that sort of defeats the whole point. It's not good at all, nope. Got to nip this whole party fatality statistic in the bud or I doubt I'd be able to have a good time here. Let's see, how do I do this again..?"

Diona clapped her hands.

It's not a party Diona wants to be part of if people die. Festivity [+2] to give the party a coating of that divine zest to make it take care of its own revelers, at least to the degree that nobody dies or gets seriously hurt.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

To abuse the Priestess-Mothers could not be tolerated, and, she begrudgingly supposed, there needed to be a start on detoxifying everything else around here.

She reached out to those who had taken without asking, who had seized that which was not available, who had acted without the consent of the Priestess-Mothers. Those who had been lain before her, and those farther afield, reaching to them through those they had accosted.

"I lay my curse upon you, you who have defiled my Priestesses. Until those you have wrongfully abused have bourne their children, you shall feel their aches and pains, their nausea, every agony they would have experienced, you shall feel and they shall be spared, unto the completion of the birth. You shall not die during this time, and for this duration you shall act as a sinkhole for the corruption in all things. It shall drain out of the area around you into you, and out of people who give you the slightest touch, the toxins leaving them and entering you, to be removed from you and from this world entirely at the completion of the curse. As you sought to cause harm to those charged with doing good, you shall do good through accepting harm. Hear, all peoples! My Priestess-Mothers, those willing to bear children in my service, are sacrosanct! Those who violate them shall be struck with this fate."

Maternity +2 to tie the rapist's punishments to the duration of confinement of those they abused, using them as sinks for all the usual pains and discomforts as well as draining the local contamination into them, but not letting them die.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Sister Jessica - Gnoll Settlement(Gnerk), Temperate Forest | 1 MP

Jessica stared at the smoking puddle that used to be a gnoll. Demons. She had mercy in her heart for all things that walked or crawled or flew or swam in this world, but demons? Unless they came to her on their knees with honest words of contrition on their tongue, they would find no succor. Too much evil had been brought about because of their machinations.

She turned to her follower and curtsied, than looked up into his eyes. "I beg your pardon for that unsightliness. Demons cannot withstand purity of any sort; it burns them like an acid. I should have realized what afflicted her sooner." She glanced about, aware of many more eyes watching her. "Be at peace! I mean you no harm. Do not grieve for that woman. A demon rode her, forced her hand against me, and now she is free. Better that she die like this than be forced to commit something truly heinous in the future."

She returned her attention to the gnoll standing nearby. "Please, invite me inside. We have much to discuss. Those who fled must be found, and the source of their corruption rooted out and destroyed. I will need your help, and the help of any able warriors."

Jessica will spend the night speaking with her follower, learning what she can of these red-eyed gnolls. Where they came from, what they want, and so on. In the morning, she will request volunteers to accompany her in hunting down the rest. She hopes to be able to exorcise the demonic power from them and permit them their lives. But if that is not possible, she will need warriors to fight in her name. Given her power seems diametrically opposed to that of the demons, Healing +2 to try and follow the demonic resonance they leave in their wake.

Shardix fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 8, 2017

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

After writing the Book of Flight people began looking at Shinystudy differently. He'd always been a bit of a loner, preferring spending time thinking and examining things rather than playing or flying. But now he had done something impossible, written a book in a single night. Strange things were happening to the flock and the people still weren't sure if they should be excited or scared.

---

Hilary saw the birds flock to see the Book. It was right that they should be curious and he was pleased to see some of them already seeking to memorise it. Their language was crude but with his help he was pleased that the book of Flight was greater than the sum of its prose. But the book couldn't stay out amongst the people. Carelessly handled it could be torn or soiled. What every book needed was a library.

Seeking out a safe room deep and central to the facility Hilary began to work his power to invest it with holy power. Once he had invested it with glory he once more set about setting new sigils.

---

The other birds screeched and cawwed, rushing to Shinystudy. He had no idea what was happening before they whisked him off along the corridors. They turned into one that hadn't been marked before but now was covered with symbols and verses of the book of flight. At the end of the corridor was a door marked with a bird and a book. There was no doubt it was the Book of Flight and the bird looked like him. The other birds backed off. It seemed they could feel some terrible glory behind that door. Only Shinystudy could enter. He gulped then as he stepped toward it the door opened to a marvellous golden light that enveloped him.

Creating a holy sanctum in the centre of the facility and inviting my bird prophet to come and talk. Hoping to impress him to come out of his shell a little and lead the people. They need someone inquisitive and cautious to help them explore this facility without exploding!

Written word +2

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

One returned to Base Commander shortly after nightfall. Corinthian was sitting in a plush arm chair he'd taken from a ruined building. His chair sat facing the city, not the ocean, and he smoked his pipe and kicking his foot in patient contemplation. Admiring the ruined view. One fell in line to report.

"Twenty Five!? Then why were you gone so long?"

"All Active Models Are On Their Assigned Patrol Routines."

"Fine! Whatever. Its fine! ... Just - Ugh - Just go turn the lights on. Something ruined this city, literally turned it into a ruin. How am I suppose to find that some thing in the dark? This is ridiculous."

"The Localized Power Grid Cannot Sustain Civilian Lighting Without Experiencing Critical Failure."

"OF COURSE IT CAN'T! ... Because I have to do everything around here! What kind of operation have you been running One?! No lights? Twenty five guards? Huge abandoned docks, left dirty and in disrepair! .... Okay. Alright. That was harsh. I get it, you weren't in charge before today. Don't worry One, I don't blame you. And when we find your excommander, I'll flay him alive! On a fire ant colony. Or if its a robot I'll just take him apart and feed him to you. But right now, we gotta be chill One. We can't turn on each other. We gotta focus on what we can get done now ...."

Corinthian let out an exasperated sigh. "Well, I guess I have to visit the engine room, don't I?" He glared at One a little before popping out of his seat. "Take me there One! To the engine room! If I'm going to be stuck on a small deserted island I'm going to have LIGHTS!! I'm not a savage and I don't plan to live like one."
---------------------------------------------------------------

Corinthian is heading to the Engine Room with One. Once there he plans to roll Artifacture [+2] to fix the engine and restore the facility's power grid to ideal operating levels. He's turning on the facility, essentially.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianrhod - Inside the Lost Woods, Temperate Forest

Lost. In the woods. How the heck did this come to be? Realizing that her current form of searching is no longer working, Arianrhod decides to take more drastic measures. She takes a wad of several herbs and mushrooms from her pouch and begins chewing, concealing herself underneath the fallen bough of a huge oak. As the drugs take effect, her eyes roll back and she softly collapses against the moss and mulch.

Hiding my body from haints and trying to Astrally Project using [Druidism+2], and spreading out in widening concentric circles to look for a human in this huge wave of creepy things.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 10, 2017

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009
Murmur - Corneria, Northern Plains

Four, there needed to be four. Murmur flitted from consciousness to consciousness at the speed of thought, trying to find another to join the band of would be heroes. Murmur was not quite sure why there needed to be four, the gestalt seemed to think so which was as good as a decree to something it had spawned.

A filthy urchin dreamed of roasting meat and a warm bed-

A pious man knelt in prayer, the power of healing dwelt within him-

A cold hearted murderer slit the throat of an elderly couple, thinking only of gold-

A street performer juggled fire, while her band of pickpockets relieved the audience of their purses-

A dog remembers fondly the scent of his mother, he hadn't smelt it since he was taken from her as a week old puppy-
A... hang on, a dog. That's new, guess it comes with being a godling.
Murmur briefly considered a dog as a companion, then keeps searching

A sorcerer attempts to focus his mind as he summons a being from the nether realms-

A bard pauses mid performance thinking get out of my head then continues the ballad of Penny-

A street worker leads a willing client down a darkened alley, savouring the thought of her knife sliding into him-

A woodsman grimaces as he examines the tracks, this was all wrong, wolves shouldn't be fleeing the depths of the forest, they were apex predators-
Murmur stops, this one is right. He knows the land, he knows where the source of the troubles lay. Murmur tries to speak to him, the hunter swats at mosquitoes he cannot see. This is Pierce, this is the fourth.

+2 fame to find a potential hero to join the party. I am jumping from person to person, touching the minds of those capable of achieving great fame or infamy. I'm not invoking my flaw here, just using it to set limitations on myself. The party consists of Penny, who is the current chosen of Murmur, Whisper a thief who is more than she seems, junior Wizard Ramfell a wizard and Pierce the woodsman.

edit fixing npc name

Content to Hover fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 11, 2017

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

Bright torches light up the throneroom. Neither of them need the light to see but it felt appropriate to Vamer. It reminded him of better times...no now is not the time to dwell on that. He focuses his gaze upon the revenant before him and saw the man had suffered greatly. Vamer extend his hand and points toward Landers.

"There been great change lately. We, who have sought to escape deaths grasp, will have it face it one way or another. And I am just as much a part of that change now. Where as the others who have retreated here have not advanced, content to stay and try to hide from death, I have never stopped seeking its end. And now I find myself on the path to its true mastery, to become one with it. You Landers, shall aid me on this. For the others blindly grope in the darkness, where I see clearly. And for that clarity they will seek to worry my bones and whats left of flesh like carrion crows, to steal what power I have gained. But they would squander it on petty matters..."

A dry rattle of bones escapes from Vramers figure. "Serve with me, for I know they will come soon to either grovel or steal. But if we stand tall and bend them to my will, I can continue to walk the path laid before me. And then, I will conquer death itself. Would you not seek to feel the warmth of your body once more? I do. And nothing shall stop me from my goal. I shall undue the damage upon your body, your decay. Every time the sun sets, in the twilight hour between its light and the moon, shall your body return bit by bit to what it was before. The ravages of time reversed until you are whole once more. Take heed however, should you every betray me all that and more will be undone in an instant."

After Vamers speech, he attempts to reverse the Decay+2 of Landers. Every twilight whatever damage has been done will slowly reverse until he is whole.

Quornes fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Oct 9, 2017

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Starke smiles, "I granted you strength, after all..." he gestures to the crowd, "it would appear you are my Champion, and the Champion of a new God shouldn't be stopped by such a trivial task. So, my Champion, why don't you go bring me my ax, and then you can tell me why you need it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Garland smiled but it didn't reach his eyes. Francis. He turned to Ona. "Can you all fight? If the protective shield is smaller we can beat them mercilessly with Big'Un power and strength. As I seem to recall, none can match us in combat. We can essentially break through, then hide. A force this large isn't one I can beat without risking the rest of you. Also we can bleed the Gargg with Guerrilla tactics later."

Going to use Psi [+2] to shield and fight our way out. Punch a hole and then get out and regroup. The Big'Uns would be good to fight the army with but in those numbers I might lose too many. Better to plan and outplay Francis/Gargg.

• Locked thread