Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Starke - The Poisoned Lands

Starke looks down on the dying embers of the Beast, there is the hate of a lifetime spent trying to extinguish the creature there. He crushes the Beast's last flickers and once he is sure it is destroyed he adds, "Yes, I did," under his breath.

That matter settled, the Beast now truly dead at last, Starke spares a glance up at the silver mist which had appeared, all to similar in appearance to what remained of the Beast, his intent clear. No words were said, but the fact that he wanted it gone was clear enough.

Once all other presences had absented themselves, Starke turned to Jax. "Where were we before we were interrupted. Ah yes, I believe you were agreeing to become my priest."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009
Murmur - Seeking glory. 2 MP

Okay, that hadn't gone as planned. Starke was looking rather unfriendly right now and Murmur didn't want to get in his way. Leaving the corporeal form that had been forced upon as the beast died, it went in search of more of it's kind, ideally a god less inclined to physically crush it (or metaphysically).

Returning to the pathway of consciousness that was home, Murmur digested the last remnants of the divine spark, increasing the breadth of it's realm. Using this new domain it flickered through the minds of mortals until it located one that that was in the presence of the divine. Approaching cautiously, Murmur hovered in the astral and begun anew *Greetings* *I am Murmur* *You are a god of great renown* *Can I be of assistance?*

That didn't go the way I thought it would, guess the beast is responsible. I'm going to increase my fame domain and move it to renown (or if that is too much, one step closer), +2 fame becomes +4 renown I'm also moving towards another god, using my domain to locate one who has or is performing deeds of great +4 Renown

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

Vamer - Dark Cabal Spire, Island Black

The Count proved useful in the end and the explosion of divine energy severely weakened the portal, but its still open. While the undead horde holds back the demonic tide, Vamer pauses to consider the situation. Whatever the abyssal entity was that has spearheaded this intrusion to the mortal plane, it had escaped the blast and was now with two metal creatures. But they must wait.

Countless screams and roars stand in stark contrast to the silence of the dead as the two armies meet. As long as the portal remains the demonics forces will not stop coming. So, closing the portal then. Well he is a god now, is he not? A direct approach, a show of divine power to strike fear into the demons themselves. Vamer will show them his fury, his anger and frustration. They stand between him and his goal and nothing must ever stop him.

"Landers, with me." The undead before Vamer part like a sea of decaying flesh dividing as the god walks forth, bodyguard beside him. He will crush the portal in his hands and any demon that tries to stop him shall taste Decay and wither.

Vamer gets into the fray, with Landers at his side to guard him. He heading towards the portal, spearheading the undead army. Anything in his way shall taste Decay+2 and crumble, either turned to ash/dust/goo or weakened to fall under Landers blade. And the portal? He'll snuff it out.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Ur Tau Mica - Self, Fertile Plains

Ridiculous. The message these wisps bore was well and truly ridiculous.

From up high Ur Tau Mica stared the Air Elemental down as it drew closer. It would be a reckoning, and one that would put the human in danger. He thought on the Overdeity’s remark for a while, and decided that would act now. If that Elemental wants to ‘flatten’ him, then Ur Tau would seek out its wind bandits. The next course of action was simple enough, ask the little human where those bandits came from. And if he didn’t know, maybe someone in his village would.

It turned out that the human was willing to guide Ur Tau back to his village. He rode on the replica’s back as they walked. With the question of what to do upon arrival, it dawned on Ur Tau to try to make a second replica. In case the bandits may have numbers too large, having at least another form could make dealing with them easier.

While Ur Tau and the Air Elemental will be duking it out, He’ll send his replica to the village along with the boy and go Open Season on wind bandits. Meanwhile, he’ll also be trying to make another replica to go along with them. Want to say that [+2 Mountain] factors in...

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Corinthian - Dark Cabal Spire - Island Black

"A Gamma level incursion? Did I hear that right? ..."

Arbela was no longer near enough to answer the question so Corinthian just shook his head and narrowed his eyes at the mob. "Gamma Level Incursion: operations postponed by the interference of a local diety. That's definitely the one.... Theres a God in this crowd?"

He scanned the crowd. None of them looked especially ... Divine? But it can be hard to tell with Gods. His sight turned up, toward the sky, scrutinizing the heavens themselves. And then he spotted something moving. Shooting fast through the sky only a little off the ground, stopping and correcting, maniacally aiming a complicated shot. Corinthian breathed a nervous sigh and untensed his mechanical fists lightly.

"You know, I'm starting to get genuinely tired of YOUR INCESSANT PERKINESS!!" He screamed at the Laser Eye Drone. "I can't even take it anymore! You're like a ... PITIFUL! ... MECHANIZED SQUIRREL! With eight guns, seven of which happen to be USELESS! ... WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING RIGHT NOW!?!? WHY??"

"... That's it. One!" Corinthian said turning in place to face his loyal servant. "One, you're going to fire missiles at me. And I'm gonna jump. Okay? And the goal of this whole strange maneuver is to put Me-" He said gesturing humbly to himself. "- within grabbing distance of THAT loving-...AAAGHH!! I HATE YOU SO BADLY!!"

Corinthian bounced in place, shaking his fist in the air and writhing in hot fury. "Do it One! YOU HERE ME YOU SON OF A BITCH!? I'M COMING FOR YOU!! Do it now One! I can't stand this drone flying around even another minute."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, basically my action this turn is gonna be trying to get ahold of the Laser Eye Drone. I'd like to grab it, fall out of the sky with it, and interrupt or intercept it's shot.

If I roll successfully enough to land on the Laser Eye Drone the plan is to throw it through the portal to hell before the portal collapses. I will instruct the Laser Eye Drone to tell everyone who will listen that "I am the only weapon capable of destroying The Great And Terrible Corinthian, Dark King of Havis." I'll trust the devious nature of Hell to provide intruige from there.

So yeah, my turn sort of hinges on rolling to catch the drone successfully, which is why I didn't narrate anything after "launch". But if the catching is successful, my plan is listed above.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Sister Jessica - Edge of the Lost Woods, Temperate Forest

The group of merchants is in perfect health. You sense that they benefited from one of your healing effects from the time you were healing the demons. One of their number seems to have suffered damage to his spirit/soul but was healed recently by other means. Probably the shaman the man spoke of. Noone was his surname. He was erudite in speech but long winded as well.

He informed you of what you surmised via your power and then showed you a ritualistic knife. It glowed in your sight, imbued with power and a connection to another divine.

You sense another power through the athame.

Wegirn - Mid-Ocean Voyage, Focus Tower

A dozen guards arrive carrying strange weapons. They look like pistols but are much more electronic. Each of them is muscled, tall, and male. Their armor is thin and hugs their bodies. Their leader presses a few keys on one of the machines and looks intently on one of their screens. “Ah, that long?” He chuckles to himself then seems surprised by you. “Ah! A small divine! Hmm, former mortal? Interesting.” He looks back to his screen a moment. “Diplomancy!”

His guards seem at ease.

“Very well, Divine. Have you and yours surrender your weapons and prepare for inspections. We will do you no harm as long as you cooperate.” He plays the strange message you recieved some time ago. “Who or what is this Corinthian?”

They’re realizing how much time has passed, your efforts toward a nonviolent encounter have been noted and have effected the grunts. Their Commander however seems resistant to divine influence.

Airagh - Island White

The guard looks slightly shocked. “Oh. You’re someone from the mainland. Someone powerful from the mainland. So you’ll be wanting to speak to the Elders then? Standing orders are to take all strangers in. We’ll get your arrival documented and someone with the proper authority can figure out the rest.” She checks a crystal pendant, looking at you through it. “Huh, you register as...I want to say it’s green but there are bits of white to it. Strong too.” She leads you in to the town center and enters a building. A few people are making notes on scrolls as you come in. Your guard speaks. “I have an arrival. Registers Green-White.” They looked up in surprise then one took out a fresh parchment.

“We’ll need your name, place of origin, profession, as well as means and reason for coming to Island White.” The grey-haired scribe states.

Very orderly bunch.

Arianrhod - The Crystal Crater, The Lost Woods

Being trampled by a moose seems to break the Shaman’s concentration. You are able to free yourself while he contends with the fauna you have attracted. A bear pulls off an arm but a dark spectral one appears in its place. He begins to drain the life out of the surrounding area. You are outside his range right now but plants wilt and animals are turning to ash in an every increasing radius around the dark shaman. His form becomes spectral pitch black except for a glowing purple in his abdomen.

He seems to be using an incredibly evil powerful move. You do not know if you would survive the drain if it were to reach you.

Garland Grey - Big’Un Settlement, Badlands
MP: 1

As rotund as he is Francis barely reacts physically before the strike occurs. His physical body expodes in a mist of gore as he attempts to hold together as a psionic construct. Even in this form he fails to act before Garland falls upon him. Punch after punch the constuct takes a beating, knocked ever backwards. With every strike its control over the palace weakens and it begins to fade. It is a testament to Francis’ will that it survives long enough for the Big’Uns to watch as Garland Grey continues to hit it without mercy or relent.

A ripple of rage goes through the minds of the Big’Uns. The strength of mind of the newly freed Big’Uns within the Palace adds to that of the rest as their rage forms a construct of their own. It is huge, and it is angry. Francis’ construct seems to beg for your mercy as you and the Big One begin to beat the construct simultaneously.

You soon realize the Big One is keeping the Francis Construct alive to continue to harm it.

He ded. You can turn him into a statue or put him in a pocket hell or punch him so hard he was never born or whatever. You can claim your +2 from the Big’Un’s collective worship or from Francis’ destruction/obliteration.

Diona- Big’Un Settlement, Badlands

Your conversation is cut short as the Palace falls and your fellow god beats up a ghost. The Big’Uns seem to be in a trance as they form a ghost of their own to also beat up the ghost.

You find yourself caught up in the thoughtweft, understanding that Garland Grey has returned to destroy the scourge of their race. Slaver, sapient-eater, all around monstrous guy.

You know all of what has happened with the Big’Uns.

Hilary - Strange Mountain, Northern Mountains

Though it was touched by flame the paper did not burn. Instead the ash of ShinyStudy’s body fell upon it as it binded with his spirit. He became a literal book on a pedestal in the center of the Golden Sanctum. His knowledge and philosophy was contained within and on the final page ShinyStudy’s spirit could be summoned by the current High Priest for discourse and counsel.

Your High Priest’s power investment will now result in them being turned into a volume as described above in the Golden Sanctum. You’ve met the requirements for your +2.

Starke - The PoisonedReclaimed Lands

The lands ravaged by the beast had been restored. The beast itself destroyed in an epic battle. The final shard of its being crushed like a clod of dirt by the god Starke. Whatever it was before, it was now gone. A torrent of souls claimed by the beast flew skyward. Those that had known Starke in life lingered a moment as a sign of thanks and gratitude.

Jax held the broken Axe in his hands. It had shattered in the final strike on the Beast. Your Lion was collecting them from the field.

“Uh, what would I have to do?”

By the great feat of Strength you get your +2. Jax just wants to know what he has to do.

Murmur - Seeking glory. 2 MP

You briefly see all the current divines, before a handful come to the fore. A Lich closing a hell portal. A Psion beating the bane of his wards. A Druid fighting a shamanistic lich-like being. A living Mountain fighting A titanic Living Tornado.

You could visit anyone but the ones most impressive in the now stand out.

Any demon that comes through is cut down by Landers. The portal itself is being tended to by the demoness. She has forsaken any pretense of a humanoid form and now exists as a spiderlike creature trying to stabilize the portal. Under her gaze Vamer’s power further disrupts the portal, with the laws of the realm at his back the portal simply ceases to be. The Demoness withers and charges, throwing Landers aside in at attempt to claim you and your power before she can no longer sustain herself on this plane.

The metal beings explode off in the distance. Shrapnel covers the battlefield.

Portal is closed! She’s pressing an attack before she has to go back. She has not warded herself to be here without an open portal.

The two Earth Golems together catch the Wind Bandits by surprise. Their shelters are consumed by the Earth even as the Golems crush the ones who remain. It was fortunate the boy encountered his people and left before witnessing such carnage. Some of their warriors came with and killed or captured escaping Wind Bandits.

Back at his Mountainself Ur Tau weathered the attack of the Air Elemental. Though the dirt and sand blasted away the rock remained solid.

I’m aware you’ve been busy and such lately so I’m letting you get away with what is probably a double or triple action. Your golems collapse after finishing the away battle and you are at a literal standstill vs the Wind Elemental.

Corinthian - ???

Corinthian grabbed hold of the Machine as it fired. It would definitely have destroyed the demoness and the god. Instead the explosion destroyed Corinthian’s metal body and the Golem as well.

His next bit of awareness was taking form in a realm of pure blank whiteness. An old man in a suit sat next to him in a wooden chair. “Ah, you’re aware. Strange deed there, you rascal. Are you aware you just sacrificed yourself to save another being?” he chuckled. “Not very demonlike of you.”

Oh poo poo you died performing a selfless act. :angel:

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

He makes a motion to his fellow travelers to turn over their weapons, offering his own to the men as a courtesy, "I received a strange message from one calling itself Corinthian as well. I do not know who or what it is, but I surmise it is some sort of being as I. As for being a "small" divine..."

Wegirn trails off a moment, looking back out at the ocean for a second before turning back with a grim smile, "I don't know if they come much bigger anymore. The world ended, and then I awoke as... whatever I am now. The old gods don't seem to be there anymore. You and your men are now on the other side of the Apocalypse, I'm afraid."

He will submit to inspections, but if the others wish to return to the ships he won't stop them. He finds the commander's resistance to the divine interesting. It was all the same to him though - he was a Skald long before he became a god.

"How long have your men been stationed here? I assume in some sort of stasis. And what is this place?"

Basically just going to try and continue diplomacy-ing at these guys and seeing if they are amenable to joining the Cause as such. Offering them a new place if they don't have a world because, Overgod Reset and all that.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

The Commander had sat Wegirn in an interrogation room. "Well by our chronometers it's been about five centuries. By your company and the time span I can tell my race was probably wiped out." He shook his head. "This base's purpose is classified. We, as you may have noticed, stayed behind in case of unauthorized entry. We had expected forces from our enemies, or scavengers. Not a band of adventurers."

At your offer his face hardened and he looked at the desk. "No. We have our own cause. We could use some divine assistance, however. Our power reserves are essentially nil. If you would imbue our batteries with a share of your divine power it would be a great help to us in rebuilding. You have my word that you would be allowed to leave afterward. It is my understanding that divine power replenishes relatively quickly. We would be willing to trade a map and some navigational equipment. My medic reports a blind woman and other infirmities among your crew. Our medical technology could heal them as well."

Counteroffer.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

He ponders this a moment, then makes a counter of his own, "The people I am travelling with are seeking their homeland, and there might be a growing number of ships that pass this way if we are successful. Would you give shelter to those people, and allow us to build a dock and other facilities at the base of your tower to help facilitate that travel? If that is agreeable, and your technology can help us as you've said, then I will give my energy to you. I got along for quite a while without it, in any case."

Counter-counter offer, but based on IRC stuff sure I'll depower myself to help a friend out. Why not, what could possibly go wrong?

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

Ah finally, the demon itself approaches. It is time to end this charade. For over 300 years...300 years of loneliness, summer days and winter nights spent without his family. What did it feel like to stroke her cheek? He can barely remember. anymore.There is a reason liches go mad. They forget their humanity, forget everything but their own lust for immortality and power. But...but he never did. Just a bit further, he thinks. Whats a couple more years to the decades he has spent, searching endlessly for anything that could help him? Now his goal is in sight.

"I hold no grudge demon. Know that. But I must continue forward, and you are in my way."

"FALL"

Just blasting the bitch. She'll stand between Vamer and his goal? No. Taste Decay+2

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Airagh - Island White

She smiled magnanimously, humouring her host, and counted off on her fingers,

"I am Airagh. I originated through an act of divine creation prior to the assignment of a place name, I am the power set over maternity and fertility, I came here through an act of divine will, and I came here to learn, to study, perhaps to offer my gifts or improve myself for the good of those in my purview depending upon what I found."

Formality handled, she added,

"I am willing to speak to the elders, certainly."

Playing by their rules and being entirely honest about it.

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009
Murmur - Nowhere\everywhere, currently attempting to burn words into reality itself.

Preparing for battle, the seven chosen gladiators anointed themselves before the shrine of St Corinthian, the mightiest of the four saints of the coliseum. Albrecht, a grizzled veteran and now trainer sensed something was wrong... something was missing. As he looked at the statue he would swear it smiled where once it had worn only a mask of rage.

In the Bardic College the book that had once been the master bard Constance begun to write the final passage of the tale of Corinthian. His story had spanned centuries, many variations and corrupted versions became popular with the common folk. Perhaps only the magical book knew his true story and even it was surprised that this tale had become one of redemption.

Near the village of Fallcrest, two children played at the edge of the forest. "This time you can be Penny and I'll be Korinthiad." For while the legend of Penny was on the rise, every little girl loved the tale of Korinthiad, the knight who was stuck in her armor (who for some reason jumped into volcanoes and owned a castle).

While Murmur was constrained by the flow of time, it was less limited by linear concepts than mortals. It had been brought into existence by a world that lacked for champions of light and dark. A world that lacked beings deserving of great fame, of great Renown as it watched one of the greatest champions of light was being destroyed. Corinthian was sacrificing itself to save his true love and a nascent god.

There are many stories that end in tragedy, some heroes must die that others can rise up to take their place. A fragment of Murmur existed in the minds of the gladiators who stood before their altar as their courage begun to fade. Another fragment was present outside Fallcrest in the minds of children who battled with sticks. In ways that only a divine being could understand Murmur knew the damage across Havis the fall of this god would wreak.

*no* it thought to itself, again *No* then again stronger this time. *NO* it screamed wordlessly, reaching within itself it attempted to imprint the word into reality itself...

This god would not die. This hero would not pass. Murmur pulled from the depths of it's being, tearing apart it's own divinity in an attempt to summon Corinthian back.

Okay so I'm going to use +4 renown my 2 Miracle Points (+4) then attempt to permanently burn +2 divinity to pull the essence of Corinthian from those that worship him, those that know of his many deeds and those that cherish him and make a new form to hold his divine essence. I'm not going to define it, if I succeed KhediveRex can define what exactly that entails.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Jessica listened politely. Long windedness she could deal with - her lessons as a mortal child had hammered into her the virtue the patience. Besides. It was a pleasure to know she had helped these people out, albeit unintentionally.

She examined the blade as Noone showed it to her, watching the spiritual echoes resonate. "Take good care of that. I sense the touch of the divine within it." As she said this, she extended her own power towards the athame, attempting to get an idea of the individual linked to it. Perhaps they could even establish a rapport and communicate. Jessica assumed there must be other fledgling divinities like herself and she was excited to learn what sort of people they were. As she did this, she attempted to communicate an empathic message of greeting.

Attempting to commune with the deity that handled this dagger previously. I don't know if Jessica needs to call on her actual domain for this or what, but if so, Healing +4. Her message is, in essence, "Hello! Hope this isn't a bad time."

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Starke - The Reclaimed Lands

Starke thought back on the handful of priests he had encountered in his journey and what exactly their duties entailed and the responds, "Worship me, lead others in worship of me, help convert people to the worship of me, help enforce my teachings when I have them, normal priest things. As a benefit, you will also gain my blessing and the favor of living god."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Oof. Yeah that was some pretty heavy stuff.

Diona listened respectfully as the Big'Un relied their race's history of persecution, giving off an empathetic air the best she could. Not that there was much else for her to do here anyways. She gently tugged on the reality next to her, opening a tiny window to peer into the space where her esteemed peer was with some sort of Big'Un psionic gestalt, currently busy wailing on their tormentor. Yeah. Looks like they were about done already.

She watched on as the psionic creature channeled its rage and anger into its target. Perfectly understandable, in its own way, she supposed, even if such displays of violence always left her a bit bummed out. But there was one thing she knew, and it was that focusing on negative things like hate and fear was never good for a society. It left very little after that initial moment of catharsis, and usually came to bite you in the behind later on.

Hmm. What to do? Diona knew parties usually made things better, but trying to throw one right here would seem a bit insensitive taken the rather grim circumstances. Maybe a feast later on to mark their victory? Yeah that sounded good, but it wasn't exactly what she was looking at here. It was scars on their society at large that needed healing here. Perhaps she could inspire them to take the right lessons, at least?

Yeah, that sounded good. She would leave a seed of inspiration to ripen within the Big'Uns, for when the anniversary of their victory here came around. To make it so that they would recall the good things like victory, and the savior who came during their time of need. A festival telling of a miracle, a festival of giving gifts and kindness to others to symbolize the gift of freedom their savior had provided. A festival she would give her blessing to, to keep it a time of safety, kindness and peace. A festival that was the final blow against this Francis character, for despite all his evils and cruelty, the only lasting mark he would leave on the Big'uns wouldn't be a societal memory of fear, or pain, or xenophobia, but a message of hope. They would leave candles for the fallen too of course, they would not be forgotten, but they would be left with a sweet longing and acceptance, instead of with bitter pain.

Yeah. That was a great idea, and gave Diona just the right kind of fuzzies.

She would call the holiday... Bigmas.

Festivity [+2] to inspire a festival season called Bigmas among the Big'Uns when the anniversary of all this comes about. A final slap on the face for Francis by turning all the evils he has committed into inspiration for a holiday of kindness, giving and hope instead of a time of bitter remembrance of pain and despair. In its own small way maybe it'll help the Big'uns cope in the long run. Protection [+2] also because Diona won't have you being naughty during Bigmastime (basically a divine sort of glamour making people loathe to be mean during said celebration)

Theantero fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 27, 2017

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

Garland let the Big'Uns have a measure of revenge, it was only just from years of slavery, torture, and being cannibalized by Francis and his mind-slavers. When Garland deemed it enough he ended the existence of francis.

The power flooded into Garland and he felt an increase in his own divinity as a result. The sheer knowledge of what these monsters had truely done flooded through Garland. The children. His people...The depravity. He almost wept. Almost. His hand curled into a fist.

<"Bring me his minions."> Garland mentally sent to all the Big'Uns. His intent sent and delivered. Garland would be having them for divine dinner.

Increasing PSI [+2] to PSI [+4] from the destruction of Francis. He will be having all the surviving mind-bastards and willing participants in the Big'Un subjugation/genocide for dinner and will consume them.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Corinthian - ??? - Pure Blank Whiteness

"Ah, you’re aware. Strange deed there, you rascal. Are you aware you just sacrificed yourself to save another being?” he chuckled. “Not very demonlike of you.”

"Oh poo poo! You're - You're that guy!"

He chuckled again while Corinthian scrambled off the floor, eyes locked fearfully with the man in the suit. Corinthian had heard stories about this moment, always from primitives in little terrible realms that still tolerated gods. So he'd mostly ignored them. But this was it, wasn't it? A well dressed man in an empty white infinity was about to tell him he'd been such a good sport that the universe had drafted him to be a good sport forever. He could be an angel, or a small god, or some bullshit like that.

Corinthian locked eyes with the man. And then sprinted away.

He heard more chuckling as he raced further into the blank infinite, from behind him. Which was good. After several minutes of running he stopped hearing anything at all. And when he turned around he was thrilled to see no hint of the man in the wooden chair remained on the empty horizon. Corinthian chuckled once himself and make a quick turn to evaluate his environment. As he turned the man in the suit was directly behind him, sitting in the same chair he had occupied earlier. Another of similar make sat empty beside him and the man in the suit gestured toward it.

Corinthian ignored the invitation. "I didn't sacrifice myself for anybody!" He shouted, angrily. "I'm a full blooded Prince of Hell and I demand to be released from this realm! ... Who the gently caress are you?! Where am I?"

The man laced his fingers and evaluated Corinthian, with a smile. "I think you know exactly who I am Corinthian. And I think you know why you're here. But there is a universe of things you don't know yet." He stood then and approached Corinthian, who found himself frozen in place as the man in the suit placed a hand on his shoulder, gently. "Not the least of which, is that you haven't been a "Full Blooded Demon" for quite some time now. Not since the arena, actually. When you won sainthood? You know, I thought that was hilarious. I was watching the whole time."

Corinthian tried to choke out a retort, but he remained frozen as the man continued. "Do you remember Alber? The people still do. The legend of "Korinthiad" was born there. You saved the entire village from the Banshee Storm. There wasn't a single casualty that day. There could have been thousands." He looked Corinthian squarely in the eye then as his smile grew softer, more analytical. "Can you tell me why a demon would do that?"

Corinthian felt his body relax. He could move, he could talk, but somehow he could think of nothing to say. He stuttered and hesitated, finally releasing a quiet response. "This is ... some kind of mind game... Right?" The man in the suit smiled. "Come and have a seat with me Corinthian. We'll talk about your noble sacrifice."

"What do you mean?" He said taking the wooden chair. "I didn't sacrifice myself for anyone."

The man in the suit raised an eyebrow and narrowed his gaze on Corinthian. "... Arbela?"

"Oh gently caress! Arbela! Is she okay?!"

The man leaned back in his chair, and roared deep mirthful laughs.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Corinthian isn't really taking an action, but he's now amiable to talk with "god" or whomever this person ends up being. Basically, Corinthian is open to diplomacy and waiting to hear what the guy has to say.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Arianrhod stared on as her army was incinerated in twos and threes, while still trying to shake the ringing out of her ears from the previous ears. So its with a little annoyance she hears yet another voice in her head. In another time and place she'd be happy to chat, but this wasn't that time.

"YES. SORRY, this is a BAD BAD TIME." She ducks a chunk of moose ash flying over her head and stands to her feet. She needed to think of something and quick. The pillar she's against...didn't she feel it was containing something old and awful? She didn't want to release it but maybe only a little chunk wouldn't affect it while also being able to do something to this monster. Arianhod hefts a chunk of loose stone in hand, concentrates, a murmurs a prayer designed to banish unwanted spirits before reaching back and chucking it as hard as she can at the shaman's glowing form.

Grabbing whatever stone might be soaking up energies an adding a bit of my own with [Druidism+2] before chucking it at his glowing weak spot

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Dec 28, 2017

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Hilary - ???

With the Crowes now having an established hierarchy and foothold in the strange mountain Hilary decided he should let them continue some of their development by themselves. Humphrey had contacted him about the other facility that this one was connected to and that he had copied a version of himself to that location. Hilary himself as a being of divine energy could communicate himself. Following Humphrey’s lead he travelled across the vast distance like information. Arriving at the new facility he greet Humphrey B.

“Humphrey B. You are different than Humphrey but similar. Both of you came from me. I will name you anew. Herbert. Now let us investigate.”

Gonna investigate this facility much the same as the last one using my written word to read the files on the systems and then to use that information to open them up, decrypt them.

Written Word +4

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

The wind bit at Ur Tau. Both elementals were at a standstill. The air elemental could only scratch at him now, while there wasn’t a lot Ur Tau could do against something like the air. So he did what seemed natural and waited. The mountain believed that the lack of progress would make the air elemental lord quit in frustration. But the wind didn’t stop, not even relent.

Hours have passed in this standoff before Ur Tau rumbled in frustration. Bits of rock began to snap off the mountain and the air elemental pushed forward, cleaving further inward. It took a few seconds to gloat but Ur Tau couldn’t hear it. He was well focused on his next plan. If the air elemental was not going to take a hint, he would need to do something more drastic.

He would stand up. And push the elemental to the heavens.

Ur Tau will try freezing the Air Elemental by shoving him up in the atmosphere. [+2 Mountain] should factor in.

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Dec 29, 2017

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

The Commander agrees, on the condition that you take on one of his group to go with you as well. “We’ll need supplies now that we’re up and about. A safe waystation could make for a mutually beneficial situation. One of my people will accompany your group, though. If you find any more of my people’s technology it is in our interest to repair or salvage it.”

Meanwhile Folau calls out your name in fear. Their medic enters and addresses the Commander. “Sir, the wise blind one is refusing treatment.”

The fading demoness strikes at the dessicated heart of the lich. She pierces it with one of her bladed forelegs, bringing his body up to her mouth and devouring him. “I’ll drag you down to the hells with me, Lich. What fun it will be to have one who can never die in my dungeons. Oh? It seems your liutenants have returned to fight for you.”

You hear muffled fighting outside. It seems Kled and Landers are striking at the demoness in an attempt to rescue you. You see the tip of Landers’ sword pierce her exoskeleton before she knocks him to the ground again. You hear her scream as she cuts him apart. You know his legs, arms, head, and torso are all severed from one another. Kled gets in a few miracles, but is soon caught by a spray of demonic acid. He is wounded, but due to his own nature is not dead. You sense the demoness is losing her hold on this realm and is returning to her Hell Realm.

You are at +0 in a Spider-Demoness’ stomach(You took damage). The Cavalry came and got their asses handed to them.

Airagh - Island White

It takes several days for an Elder to arrive. In the meantime you are offered a room and amenities. When the carriage arrives there is some murmor, the clerks and guards have obviously washed and some of them are wearing their good clothes.

She sits next to you and smiles. “I hear a god has returned. We have met charlatains claiming this before, not to mention it was powers that caused the sundering to begin with. I ask for a display of your power as both proof and service to our island.”

Murmur - Nowhere\everywhere, currently attempting to burn words into reality itself.

A form begins to take shape, the broken parts of Corinthian’s old body forming something familiar, but distinctly new. A grand amount of cursing accompanies the final moment of the being’s restoration. Corinthian has been restored!

Your burning of a domain was countermanded by a higher power. There was an echo of laughter as it was restored to you.

You sense very bad things happening on the other side of the connection.

Bigmas! The day has been noted. There is some time for mourning, and time for rebuilding. The Rage’un still existed, but its wrath was more focused. The humans that had been enslaved themselves were passed over but those that conspired with Francis…

Bread effigies. That’ll do it come next year.

The macabre stuff will be played down. The positive stuff will be played up without whitewashing the era.

They are eaten. The leadership caste is no more. The Mind Gang is no more.

Corinthian - ??? - Pure Blank Whiteness

That Guy smirked. “Arbela is going back to the Hells, one way or another. I sense you’re ready to talk. It really is a shame, then.” Corinthian could sense himself being pulled back from whence he came. Someone was resurrecting him. “Perhaps next time?”

The stone flew, striking the Dark Shaman. It exploded. He exploded. A feedback like lightning arced into the other standing stones. The Shaman was dead, absorbed into the wards themselves. It would heal in time, though the entity stirred it went back to its hibernation immediately. Perhaps it would be contented with this evil soul that now shared its prison.

He ded. His spirit to be digested over the course of a thousand years.

Hilary - Moon Base Alep

Herbert had been contained to a single computer unit and was currently being interrogated and examined by a crew of humans. Herbert chose to announce your presence as you examined their information. This one had not been wiped as clearly as the Mountain. It was a self-sufficient lunar base created by mainland humans under the guidance of ERROR INFORMATION CORRUPTED referred to as “The Tech God”. Its purpose was to keep a population of humans alive and free from whatever catastrophies might affect the world below. It was meant to be the first of many, but the Catastrophies occurred. Still, they had managed to expand the base and keep it running over the generations.

After Herbert’s revelation they looked to each other, while a senior member threw a jeweled pendant in your direction. It sapped your power, leaving you in your mortal form. He spoke into a communicator. “Divine Incursion in the Computer Core. The binding crystal has been effective. Defense teams to Computer Core.”

He looked on Hilary with concern.

“This is not a drill.”

Another Klaxxon sounds. “An Air Elemental has left the Atmosphere!”

Anti-Divine tech? You can still roll +0 but the grey-haired fellow rolled a 20 so for this immediate turn your power is locked.

The Air Elemental went up. The Mountain Grew Higher. The Air Elemental was pushed into the upper reaches of the atmosphere and beyond by your ascension. With no air to replenish itself it soon became pulled apart in the vacuum. It disappated as it screamed.

Well you assumed it screamed. Can’t really tell out in space.

You sent the Air Elemental Beyond. It’s dead. Take your +2. I would suggest more mountain since your peak now approaches the furthest edge of the atmosphere.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

"..."

".............."

"Hookay, whoever this is in my head, I can talk now.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Airagh - Island White, with the Elder

Being veiled in flesh was not unpleasant on the whole, but sometimes it itched and chafed. It was a mask where her domain was a primal honesty, but she tolerated it, and acceded to the customs of her hosts, until the Elder arrived. The request brightened her up considerably.

"I will be happy to, though I will prefer willing volunteers who would appreciate the blessing of a family. Let it be known among your people that the Goddess of maternity and fertility intends to bless those who call upon her with the gift of renewed motherhood, and I shall do just that to those who pray for it. Since you wish a demonstration, I will allow a painless acceleration of the process to those willing to take the strain. Do you have a family of your own, respected Elder? Would you want one?"

Maternity +2 and Fertility +2 to answer the prayers of those who want families, with a little acceleration for those who want it so we're not waiting too long to see that Airagh is for real.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jan 1, 2018

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

Garland removed the once and future threat. Levitating as the mentally constructed fortress was unmade he turned towards the settlement and floated home. To his people and...were those decorations?

Heading back to the settlement and a potential meeting with Diona.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

"Good day, and my sincere apologies for disturbing you. My name is Jessica, and I have come across a band of travelers. Of them, a Master Noone spoke of a shaman who aided them and showed me a dagger given to him. Upon that dagger I sensed the power of a divine being, and wished to learn what I could. I am newly come by my power and it is heartening to know I am not unique."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Conversation between Diona and Garland posted:

Garland flied towards the village, decorations along with the victory seen everywhere.

Diona, busy as she was preparing a feast, first raised an eyebrow as she saw a figure floating towards them, and then waved as Garland got closer."Oh, hello? You're Garland, right? Learned your name from the locals", she beamed a little smile, which then slightly faltered as she scratched her cheek awkwardly, "Name's Diona, goddess of Festivities and also taking care of the downtrodden I guess? Came to help out because I could sense people in trouble, but, you know..." she swept her hand across the town, "I guess I came in too late? So I figured the least I could do was to organize a feast for emancipation day."

"I hope that's ok with you..?" she raised an eyebrow.

"I..." Garland began, slightly confused but not unwelcoming. Seeing the rage of the Big'Uns was at least slightly lessened by the celebratory act, Garland couldn't find anything wrong with it. He landed on the ground a slight color to his cheeks, where were his manners? He gave a slight bow. "Indeed I am Garland. I suppose you could say I am a god of Will and of the powers of the Mind. Of Psionics and Psions." He looked about and saw Grumpy'Un. The big guy had a slight smile on his face. Now that was something. Garland coughed. "It is good to meet you Diona. I wish we had met in better times, but the battle is at least finished here, Francis and his toadies almost wiped out my people here. I sensed you giving them some protection while I fought, for that I am grateful."

Diona curtsied politely as Garland introduced himself, and responded with a peppy "Nice to meet you too" to his greeting. Once he started talking about the aid she gave, she nodded, the faint traces of sadness creeping on her face, "Yes. It was the only thing I had the time to do once I arrived. Wish I could've done more, but there were other I was involved with then." She sighed, and looked into the distance, "My condolences. Truly. To you and your people both."

"But that's why I'm here, I suppose. Because times are tough. Like, when times are good? Festivity is nice then and all, sure. But when times are bad I think, it's when it's needed. Kind of like how northern cultures tend to celebrate winter solstices you know? To show the world they're still there even though times are dark."

There was a moment of silence, after which Diona giggled. Not too loud, or too brazenly, the times were severe after all and she didn't want to make light of that. "Apologies for getting all philosophical on you. Nevertheless, keeping spirits high in times of crisis is important. So let's have a good night, yeah? One to remember?" She smiled.

"That sounds...nice. All of these people will be returning to their homes most likely and will need something to cheer them. Perhaps this festival can spread with them? Good cheer might be what they need to forget the atrocities some were made to submit and commit to." Garland looked around, the festivities beginning to spread. He smiled. "Yes, let's have a good celebration!"

Diona winked, "Heh, that's the spirit. As for them bringing the cheer with them, ol' Diona is already working to that effect, don't you worry", she kept a short pause, clearly wanting to bring something up but unsure when would be a right time. She decided on 'now', apparently, taken that she started talking again, her face serious, and tone low enough that only Garland himself could probably hear "As for me, I... probably won't stay that long after the celebrations. There are likely others all around the World that need my help, too. See, just like festivals, my appearances and stays tend to be fairly transient. But don't be a stranger, ok? You seem like a stand-up fellow God and if you ever run into this sort of trouble again, don't hesitate to call. Maybe I can be of more help that way."

Necessary announcements made, a smile formed up on her face again. "But that is then, and this is now. And 'now' includes a celebration to last the ages and this local dish with a twist I really want to show you!" rapidly getting more excited, Diona started to lead Garland off into the distance.

Nodding, Garland decided to follow for once and take part of the festivities. There would be plenty of work in this world to do later and it would be nice.

And Diona was no liar. Indeed, she could be a gracious host, sensitive to the pain the Big'Uns had endured whilst fanning good cheer among them regardless. And when the party here was done, the Big'Uns would bring the atmosphere of cheer to their homes as well. A bright start for their new future, free from oppression and fear.

Yeah.

That sounded nice.

Festivity [+2] to host the victory celebration, and have the Big'Uns bring it to their homes with them Protection [+2] to make sure nothing bad happens meanwhile because this is a HAPPY TIME and woe to anyone that tries to take it from these people.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Starke smiled at Jax's agreement. "Now, you need symbol of office, something to show you are my priest." Starke ponders this for a second until his Lion returns with more fragments of the ax. "Ah yes, that will work."

Starke gathers the fragments, and focuses his power on them. He would reconstruct the ax, but rather than a weapon to destroy the Beast, now it would serve as a tool and a totem for his first priest. Where once the Ax had granted those it chose with the power to harm the Beast, now Starke would imbue it with the power to strengthen the other blessings of his it's wielder might possess. For someone without any of Starke's boons, it would be an ax of exceptional sharpness and that possessed a mind of its own, but would not grant any supernatural power. In addition, Starke took steps to ensure the Ax would only be used for his ends. Just as once only the chosen hero could wield it, now only those with true faith in Starke in their hearts would be able to lift the ax. For all others, it would not move no matter how much effort was applied. Starke did leave even the unworthy able to communicate with the ax if they touched it, and gave the ax the tools for it to advise any it communicated with on how they might go about building the faith and devotion necessary to wield it.

When it was done, Starke handed the ax to Jax, and commanded him in a fairly jovial tone, "Here is my gift to you. Your first task as my priest, is to convert the townsfolk to my worship. Consider it a final test of your qualifications."

Starke's remaking the Ax. Except unlike last time where it was a specifically anti-Beast weapon, this version will serve to enhance any other blessing of Starke's the wielder might have. So for Jax, who's gotten super human strength, it'd make him even stronger, someone who was blessed with the ability to quickly put on muscle from training would be able to put on even more muscle even faster, etc. However, the ax can only be wielded by someone who possesses true faith in Starke, for anyone else it's too heavy to lift (think Mjolnir in the marvel comics). Anyone who is touching it (even if they can't lift it) can communicate with the consciousness of the ax, who will try and help them strengthen their faith. Strength[+4]

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

"Likewise, I'm happy to hear there's others like me out there. And yes, that athame was of my crafting. If you're near Noone and company, you can't be very far. I'd like to meet you in person if possible. I have business with a small village telling them that something horrible and terrible is dead, but after that I can meet up with the caravan again."

Starting to head back to tell the village I took care of the problem.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 1, 2018

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

"That sounds very agreeable. In my mortal life I was a healer, and I have been blessed to be allowed to continue on my calling in this life. With that in mind, please call upon me at need or whim."

Jessica gave a mental approximation of a curtsy and gently broke contact. A curious trick, but a welcome one. The world was vast, and having such a means to communicate would no doubt prove invaluable.

"Thank you, Master Noone. If it would not trouble you, I would like to accompany you and your band for a while. It would seem the woman who gifted that blade to you wishes to meet with me, and I her, and it will be far simpler for her to find a group rather than a lone traveler."

Jessica maintained her calm demeanor, though it was difficult. She was excited to get to meet with another divinity, although she would be lying if she didn't admit to being nervous at the prospect. So nervous in fact she had forgotten to ask the woman's name. She seemed amiable enough at least, and unless Jessica vastly misinterpreted her words, was of a mind to fight the good fight against the forces of depredation. Hopefully they would prove to have compatible personalities. It would be terribly disappointing to meet another god and discover she couldn't tolerate them.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

Well not what he expected. The demoness's stomach proved to be dark and rather dreary. And his followers have failed to help.

"Mmmh well we'll see." Vamer says in response to her words. He's not sure he can even leave this plane anymore or at least to go to Hell. At worst he can retreat to his phylactery

From his ribcage he pulls forth the lowest floating rib, Vamer dips it into the stomach acid and infuses it with his divine energy.

"I guess you believe in keeping your friends close and your enemies closer. But I think you kept me too close." The rib stabs upward again and again, digging towards the heart. "You really should be careful about eating bones. They tend to get stuck."

Vamer pulls loose one of his ribs and infuses it with Decay+0. He digging for the demoness's heart and once he gets it he'll tear it out.

Quornes fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jan 2, 2018

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009
Murmur -Somewhere in the astral realm, near Dark Cabal Spire, Island Black

Some of the most powerful artefacts that exist in Havis were relics of those that had come before. Shrines in many societies were built upon tombs of mighty heroes from ages past, others to hold reliquaries that contained the bones of saints. The Sword of Sabine was said to have a hilt made from her femur. The Amulet of Rathlia was rumoured to be infused with dust from the bones of Cameryon to grant it's owner such power.

There were darker tales too. There were places where corpses of criminals were guarded and yet others where they were harvested. For it was known to many that to create a hand of glory one must cut it from a murderer after they hung for a night in darkness untouched by moonlight. Preserved with magic and used for the most foul of purposes, there was there was power in death and there was power in the remains of those who had achieved such wicked things in life.

The bones of a being that had ascended were greater than any mortal magic, they contained traces of divinity itself. Atop his dark tower Hognar the Black felt a sense of dread as Vamer reached within himself. In the depths of the Shuddering Cave a mighty drake, a being both ancient and powerful enough to threaten the gods themselves stirred, opening an eye and thought to itself "Well that can't be good".

There was a power in bones.
This was known.

There was a power in sacrificing oneself.
This was known.

Before his conquering death, Vamer had been a necromancer of great distinction.
This was known.

Those who defied death itself to live on as something other, was to be mighty indeed.
This was known.

For those few that understood the darkest of magic, the bone of a god was a infused with a power unto itself.
This too was known, and feared.

I am going to use +4 renown to either assist the creation of "The Rib of Vamer" or if that doesn't work with game mechanics make it happen myself. I'm drawing on the fact that he had significant renown before ascending and the a lot of magical items and artefacts share similar mythos in their creation. I'm not trying to contest his roll or make the object in any way mine.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

He agrees to the additional companion, then turns when he hears the shouting, eyes flaring dangerously. When he receives the news that it was a refusal of treatment and not outright betrayal, he shrugs and relaxes slowly. "It is her choice. I do wonder why though."

Wegirn makes his way to the medical bay, hoping to calm the woman down, "I'm here Folau. What is it, have you been harmed?"

Let's see what inevitable betrayal is befalling us.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Corinthian - Dark Cabal Spire - Island Black : MP-1

It was as though the floor had simply given way beneath him. One second cradled by the wooden chair staring fixed at That Guy, listening carefully for the answers he'd waited his whole life to hear. The next second melting through the chair and plummeting into the ground, falling at impossible speed through the weave of impossible worlds. Wind whipped him and a distant hum, like the chorus of angels, grew menacingly vibrant. The world was wholly light for a moment too bright to make out any image at all, only voices. Calling his name.

And then Corinthian landed. He thought perhaps he had merely woken from a dream but, opening his eyes, he watched the dust settle. There had been some kind of shock wave, the ground beneath him was depressed into a shallow crater. And yet, he could not have fallen. Not from that height, with such minimal impact. Something inexplicable was happening. Corinthian scratched his head and stood up.

"... Wait." He said blearily, examining his environment first before bringing his gaze to his legs, running a hand up his stomach to his neck. "... Am I taller? Why am I ... Taller?..."

"WINGS?!! ... WIIINGS?!! ... I did NOT agree to be an Angel! You have to Agree to be an Angel! ... This is Bullshit, Guy! Where the gently caress am I?!"

He surveyed his environment and saw the collapsed tower, the collapsing portal to hell, Arbela in her eldritch form - a gigantic spider-centaur with too many teeth chomping on a couple armored primitives. Corinthian fell to his knees, jaw and fists clenched tightly.

"Havis." He breathed through the indignity. "... I'm back in Havis..."

A blood curdling scream cut the battlefield silent, suffocating all other noise. It was followed shortly by the sound of a man whimpering, crying like a baby. Combatants returned to their ordeal after that, thinking nothing except antoher man must have fallen that day. But if anyone had cared to find the source of the sobbing, they'd have discovered Corinthian; helplessly pulling on his mechanical wings, pitifully slamming his head in the dirt, repeating a single mantra between chocking sobs.

"I Was Out .... I Was Out..."

Corinthian only stopped when he sensed something .... Unfamiliar. An astounding surplus of energy was congregating, it made his metal form tingle and his new (loving!) wings twitch. Something was happening on the battlefield. Something powerfully divine. And then he remembered where he was. A Gamma Level incursion. A battle with local dieties. And there he saw Arbela, in the center of it. Radiant in fresh blood and totally unaware of the powers building around her.

Corinthian looked down at his metal body, no longer tarnished and aged but sleek and oiled. Maybe ... Maybe he was an Angel? Maybe you don't have to agree? Maybe ... he was back in Havis to do something ... Not Evil? ... GoOood?

His skin crawled, from something more than the radiant energy of the battlefield. He watched Arbella in the distance, ignorant of the danger.

"... gently caress it! It's worth a shot."

Corinthian tried his damndest to summon all the ... Angelic ... power in his body. And it was very hard to tell if it was working.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Corinthian is rolling outside of his domain (as I understand that's a thing we can do) and applying his 1 MP to try and Defend Arbela with a general blessing that will hopefully keep her safe.

In unrelated news, the general adoration of Corinthian that Murmur used to summon him back to Havis has caused his new form to take on more heroic proportions and sentiments. He has wings because of all the good things he's done that are still around in the public zeitgeist, not because he is actually an angel. However, he doesn't know this and given what he's been through today, there's gonna be some existential crises in Corinthian's future.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

The task was done and the Air Elemental was no more. Ur Tau Mica pondered what this could mean in the future as he saw the sun pass over his new horizon. It was when he felt a “NO!” shake the earth below that his thoughts ended and returned his gaze below. He could see so much more now, and he saw the mess the battle had left. There would need to be some tending to the land, to restore how pleasing it was to look at.

But first he would need to let the humans know their bandit problem has been fixed for good. He couldn’t make out where the replicas or the village were from up high. Nor could he see or feel them out. Still he willed whatever control he had to send a message to the village.

pre:
I am Ur Tau Mica.

These wind bandits... will no longer trouble you... and their master is no more… 

As long as I can see you… from up high… your village will be safe…

The elemental hoped that the message somehow made it to the village.

Ur Tau will try speaking to the villagers through one of the golems, though he has no clue where they are of if he can still control them. I will accept the [-2 Sedentary] penalty considering that it’s him exerting beyond what he usually sees.

As for the new +2, I’d want to do something to expand on Ur Tau’s repertoire as an Earth Elemental, but I’ll add it to Mountain to make it [+4]

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Hilary - Moon Base Alep

Hilary, his powers frozen for a moment felt astonishment at his sense of limitation. Could this be what existence was like for these fragile little creatures. He had known it once before but the limitless power of the divine had completely overwhelmed those memories. Still, he felt he could understand why these things would treat him this way, and perhaos that would be a bridge to dialogue.

"Greetings. I bear you no ill will. I hope you in turn wish no harm to me. I ask that you free me so we can talk reasonably. If you continue to restrain me without cause or seek to further your power over me I will be forced to defend myself. I sent my herald who did not inform me of your presence so I assumed this facility was abandoned as was the facility I came from and I did not mean to intrude without warning. Will you parlay?"

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Airagh - Island White

Most of the couples of childbearing age jump at your offer. You sense an enchanment over the island acting as a barrier to conception but it dissolves easily under your power. It is a few days in when the women begin to show that the Elder Woman becomes alarmed. “We will have to lose elders to make way for the little ones, Airagh. Unless you can also make our crop and animals more fertile to match.”
The people, though, are overjoyed, except for the older ones who scowl and whisper among themselves.

They have a carefully balanced system. People have children with a specific blessing to allow it. If you don’t make up for the extra heads there will be more “winners” in their annual lottery this year.

Garland and Diona- Big’Uns Settlement

The rage settles, but it simmers within each Big’Un’s heart, mind, and soul. They will remember the Dark Times, they will teach their children and their thoughtweft will ensure their racial memory never loses that bitter spark of wrath towards any and all who might seek to impose their tyranny in the future.

Snake Eyes. They are mad fooreeeveeeer.

The Axe is restored to its old power, investing its bearer and presumably successors with immense strength and fortitude. It also conveys to the bearer the sad and lonely lifetime of Starke as he persued the Monster forsaking all else.

Jax looks upon you and weeps. He stretches his arms outward offering his embrace.

You overshot your DC for +0(the Axe is +0) and I invoked your flaw finally. Your High Priest knows. You get one MP. The Axe is +0.

Vamer, Murmur, and Corinthian -

The attempts to harm Arbela fail. She sniffs around for the ephemeral one, finally inhaling and bringing Murmur into her lungs in his silverish form. She screeches at Corinthian, “A BLESSING, rear end in a top hat?” She makes a final lunge and snares him in an acid web. “Oh you are coming the gently caress back with me, Corin. The Boss is going to sort your poo poo out. You bet your polished metal rear end.

And there was a horrible, painful flash as you all left Havis. You three heard speaking, You could not make it out but it was terse at best. Corinthian recognized both voices, That Guy and The Boss. That Guy seemed to have the last word, and spoke so that the three could hear. “Okay, deal. But you’re going to regret not taking my offer. They are going to be nothing but trouble.”

Cointhian - The UnHoly Throne

You stand upon the armrest of a Titanic throne, staring up at a giant goat-skulled demon. Lesser demons pour forth from sores on his body as he regards you. Arbela stands on the opposing armrest, accusing you. “He is something else, no longer demon. He attempted to bless me before I was forced to return.”
The eternal flames in the otherwise empty eye sockets turned to you. The voice booms, “Cointhian. What has become of you?”

Vamer - The Fleshweaver’s Loom

You awaken empowered. You know not where the others have been. Though your nose has long sense decayed you can still smell the rotting flesh. Above you see a great and terrible legion of demons processing the bodies of mortals, animals, magical creatures, demons, and a strange variety of other things. Souls were extracted and tossed down a chute. Then the skin was flayed. The muscle and tendon were removed from the bone. The organs were sorted and then the bones. It was macabre work.
Before long your turn was approaching on this bloody conveyor belt. A cybernetic demon with a mix of butcher and surgeon tool attachments looks down at you appraisingly.

You were granted your +2 during the interlude. You awaken back at +4

Murmur - The Soul Pits

You find your essence floating in a mass of souls. It is a legendary agony, were you a mortal the pain would be beyond comprehension. The souls around you writhe in agony and churn to the surface. Many demons seem to be casting nets and spearhunting the souls on the surface. Every so often some are diverted into various canals built on the edges.

You know the souls around you only wish the torment to end. The demons thoughts are more bestial, but you can tell even they think it sucks down here.

You ended up where all unclaimed souls and ephemeral things go down here.

Ur Tau Mica - Tau-lands

Your voice carries through the ground itself. Lesser Earth Elementals form Golems at each community to watch and listen for you. The Villagers themselves are glad and grateful for your benevolence. The Mountain is seen as a protector and good fortune.

Arianhod and Sister Jessica - Fond Village

You each come to find the Elders of the Village setting themselves on fire. Their failure to stop or see the harm the Dark Shaman posed made them complicit in his acts, or so they believed. This death would prevent them from existing as the ancestors do. The new leaders welcome the both of you warmly. A dark skinned woman with a few gray hairs stepped forward to speak. “It is their wish that we learn a new way and follow the path you will set for us.”

Folau was asleep by the time you reached her. The Commander followed you and spoke a few brief words with the medic. He turned back to you.

“A sedative was administered. She was troubled by an ancient legend of hers. She was refusing treatment. That is her right. She knows us as an ancient foe, the Ubermen.” He sat down on a chair near her bed and bid you to do the same. “We are, but our people are destroyed. We are lost and are prepared to accept that. Her ancestors were allowed to leave because their blood was considered inferior. I cherry-picked my crew here because though we were born Uber, we did not expect the gods to lose. And so it has come to pass.”

He handed you a chart detailing the course back to the Northern Isles. “As the ranking member of my race I hereby grant our homeland to your followers. We will find our own way.”

Hilary - Moon Base Alep

The grey one spoke. His nametag read “Aaron”

“Well met, divine. Our position here is always perilous but if you speak true then we greet you glady and apologize. We thought your servitor perhaps a threat and contained it. I will release it and you but I ask you not to act rashly lest you damage our vital equipment.”

You will regain your power next turn but you are free to speak and act as a mortal.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Airagh - Island White, with the Elder

She smiled benevolently, and nodded her assent to the Elder.

"Of course. I am fully aware of the implications, and I will see to it that your crops and herds are equally as abundant if not more so. My intention is to benefit your people, you will not need to increase your cull in response."

It was a trace bittersweet that a cap such as this existed, but as a guest, she was willing to work with them rather than impose hardship or loss. So, she turned her attention to the flocks and fields, making them burgeon with bumper yields, their beasts farrowing large and healthy litters, cows and goats replete with milk.

Maternity +2 to assist with meat and milk production, Fertility +2 to increase crop yields.

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009
Murmur - The Soul Pits, a random hell dimension

Murmur felt itself pulled from Havis, the action tearing it away from that which was familiar, that which was known did something to it. Murmur was a creation of Havis, being ripped away from it and thrust into this hellish place changed it.

Murmur could still feel it's link to Havis, to the many minds and souls it had seen and touched, however the connection was tenuous. It now drew some of it's sense of self from that which it was surrounded by. The denizens of hell, native and damned now made up a part of it. Murmur now had access to their knowledge and memories.

Murmur changed.
Now Murmur knew Hell.
Now Murmur understood Hell.
And now Murmur was angry with Hell.

On the mortal plane the lack of a corporeal form had limited Murmur, being surrounded by souls and other ephemeral beings however was an entirely different story. Few mortals could perceive the astral, however those that were thrown into the Soul Pits could perceive little else. To them, Murmur was a beacon, a radiant divine light that they felt drawn to.

As Murmur's light flared in the darkness and agony, it understood that perhaps the ability to change the nature of this dimension was beyond it, perhaps it could not make the Soul Pits less agonizing. It was still linked to Havis and the millions of minds and souls that had summoned it into existence through their belief that things could be better. So it begun to spread hope like a balm to the those that surrounded it.

Beings that had lost the ability to conceive of anything but anguish eons ago saw the light and begun to believe. The chains of despair and agony started to fall away, replaced with righteous fury. Those that still held a vestige of their strength were drawn to it, the churning within the soul pit begun to move with intent. At first a slight movement, a light eddy. Then as yet more beings were drawn in a spinning motion begun, it begun to resemble a whirlpool, followed by a waterspout and finally a giant vortex towering out of the pits.

The souls that had originally shaped Murmur were mostly gentle, those that now surrounded it were anything but. As they comprehended where they were, what they were and what had been done to them for a seeming eternity they shook with rage. The strongest of the beings that made up the vortex lashed out at the demons that had imprisoned and tormented them, tendrils of hate struck out in all directions.

At it's core, Murmur was created by the hope of a people who had lost their gods. It knows that things can and should be better than this endless suffering. It is a divine being surrounded by souls that are in a state of despair. By sharing hope I am using +4 Renown to surround myself with the Vortex of Souls.

My domain and my creation have basically been about showing things could be better. On top of all of this I'm a (functionally) visible divine being who intends to show that This God will not abandon them.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Corinthian - The UnHoly Throne

Corinthian knew exactly where he was, he'd stood on this armrest before. And yet, everything was unfamiliar. 240 years and the UnHoly Throne had not changed even a smidge; The Boss was still the largest most putrid thing in existence, the lesser demons pouring out of him were still as mindless and grotesque as they were two centuries ago. What was different? Why did everything seem so wrong?

“He is something else, no longer demon. He attempted to bless me before I was forced to return.” Arbela shouted from the far armrest, never breaking eye contact with Corinthian. There was something in her gaze he didn't immediately recognize. The bitterness was there like before, the madness, the bloodlust. But did she also seem ... Worried? Bothered? Something deeper than confused.

The eternal flames in the otherwise empty eye sockets turned to him. The voice boomed, “Corinthian. What has become of you?”

Oh! That's what was different. He was the one on trial.

Those empty eye sockets pinned him with their gaze, casting terrible blood red light framed in menacing shadows around Corinthian's well polished metal body. This was not really the way he had planned to return to Hell.

Corinthian was actually trembling. He tried to build the nerve to say something. Anything. The question echoed in his mind and clouded his thoughts. Little else seemed to exist for a moment but those empty, burning eyes. He had to say something. The Boss was waiting and he wasn't a patient man.

"Ummm." Corinthian said, and immediately wondered if they would be his final words. In a fit of nerves he started to laugh, hopelessly. Then he cleared his throat and started again. "Ummm .... I'm ...Cor- ... Ummm." He jumped nervously in place then, released a quiet "Oh poo poo!" and bowed no less than seven times. "I'm Corinthian. Prince of Hell... [sub]you know that[sub]... And uh-These aren't real wings!" He swatted at them a few times as if to catch one and casually hide it behind his back. "These wings are ... Totally fake, Your Horribleness. I never agreed. Ummm."

Well this was going badly. Not that The Boss's ceasless, eldritch and inscrutable death-stare was any indication.

"Look," He began again on slightly surer footing "I haven't uh- 'Become' anything. This body? It's not mine. And I don't know what it's doing right now but ... it didn't have wings this morning! And now it does! I've really ... I've just been through a lot today. But I am definitely ... Umm ..."

Corinthian was the most astounded of all. For some reason, the words just wouldn't come out. He shaped them on his pallette and they tasted bitter and spoiled. They died on his tongue and left him speechless. Some kind of clarity struck him then, through the sickly chill of The Boss's stare. That Guy, he wasn't wrong. The UnHoly Throne had seemed unfamiliar to Corinthian because, in his blood, he no longer belonged there. He was no longer fully demon.

Corinthian chuckled again, not nervous this time. Astonished. And when he spoke again to The Boss, it was with confidence and simple acceptance. "You know what? I did bless Arbela... And it worked. I wouldn't be here if it didn't, and she wouldn't be either." He turned his gaze then to the other armrest, to his fiance of more than two centuries. Raven haired, dangerous, neurotic, beautiful. Her eyebrows both raised high, her arms crossed reservedly over her chest. Suddenly the tables had turned, Arbela was the one who seemed nervous.

Corinthian threw her a smile before returning his gaze to those horrible, inscrutable eyes. "I don't know what I am anymore." He conceded, no reservations. "But whatever I am now, I don't have any issues with you or your reign. Hell is my home. I would never jeopardize this realm. I mean you no harm, and I never will..."

"Can I just go back to my palace? You have no idea how long I've wanted to go back to my palace."

"... You know what? If you really need me, you can come find me at my palace."

Corinthian nodded to himself once, waved at The Boss and said, "it's been fun. But there's something I gotta try real quick." And with that, he turned away, ran for the edge of the armrest, and dove into the abyss.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Corinthian is Flying. Back home to his palace, specifically. Time to see if these metal wings actually work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianrhod - Fond Village, The Lost Woods

Arianhod is about to greet Jessica when she sees this fresh horror before her. She tries to run and cease this before anymore die. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING. STOP. OH GODS. Okay, I pardon you, DON'T DO THIS."

• Locked thread