Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Sister Jessica - Edge of the Lost Woods, Temperate Forest

Horrified, Jessica reacted instinctively, though perhaps foolishly. Whatever their reasons might be, this was no way for anybody to die. As her companion yelled at them to stop, Jessica fell to her knees and clasped her hands. She chanted a benediction long drilled into her and the words flowed without any true thought. It was a prayer to take away the pain and suffering from a multitude and free them from harm, at the cost of the devotee's own flesh.

Healing +4 to restore life and health to the people who have immolated themselves. Martyr -2 as Jessica unconsciously wills that pain and suffering upon herself. Undoubtedly this will be a horrific sight, and her screaming will probably haunt some people for many months to come no matter how much she tries to suppress the urge to do so. She's tough, but not remain-stoic-while-on-fire tough. The villager's reaction to her may well be colored unfavorably by this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Hilary - Moon Base Alep

“Well met Aaron. It seems you have me at something of a disadvantage. You are obviously a people of means to be able to stun a god yet you speak of peril. You also contained Herbert, who is more than a mere servitor. I have done some research on the facility I left on the surface but I had no idea of your presence or purpose here. On the matter of the facility I also helped a race of bird people to settle there since they were fleeing persecution. I did face one golem there that was a challenge to deal with but it seemed influenced by some power beyond simple programming. Perhaps you could help me understand more of the situation here and in the place I came from and I could see if I could do something for you. I would hope that if you are satisfied with a miracle perhaps you could offer me some reverence.”

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Starke - The Reclaimed Lands

Starke just stands frozen, a lifetime alone leaving him not sure what to feel or what to do, paralyzed in the face of his priest's response.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Diona- Big’Un Settlement, Badlands

Diona furrowed her brow a bit. It was good these people would remember, it was good they would commemorate. But there was a distinct spark of bitterness there that she found distasteful.

But then again. It was not her place to try and mold their society at great length, to engineer it to her liking. They took the lessons they chose to, and staying too long as some sort of teacher to set them right would go against her nature. Perhaps some other time she would return to teach them the True Meaning of Bigmas, if things went really wrong, but that was for another time.

As for now? Diona was pretty sure there were other places where need of her was more pressing.

Festivity [+2] and Protection [+2] to seek out some place where people could use some cheering up

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

Vamer - The Fleshweaver’s Loom

So...this is hell? Vamer isn't that impressed. From what he always heard from priests he had imagined a lot more fire and brimstone. And what an odd place for him to end up. From his own reading and study of the arcane, it seems logical that these are the lower tier demons and not that smart. They must of assumed Vamers fallen form was just that of a corpse. If he had lungs he'd laugh. But right now hes looking at a demon about to start hacking him to bits.

As the cyberdemon reaches down, Vamer stops lying down like a bag of bones and reaches out to snare the incoming hand. Waves of necrotic energy pulse out into and through its body until it reaches the brain and turns it into mush. A suitable puppet thinks Vamer as he directs its corpse, using his necromancy, to help him off the belt.

As he looks up and down the belt, he sees more demons and all are engaged in the butchery of the incoming bodies. Such a shame, such a waste of good material to make an army. One to breach Hell itself from the inside out. He moves up the belt, puppet screening him from the front. Vamer just has to start his army from the demons first to get them out of the way, then make use of the parts coming down the belt...

Vamer will claim Decay+4 and use it to crush the demons around him before animating them and using them to start assembling an undead army.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Wegirn - Mid-Ocean Voyage, Focus Tower

He listens to the story, arms crossed as he leans against the wall. His head is bowed as he ponders, letting the memories roll back in his mind. He'd heard of a powerful race in the north, people who thought themselves greater than even the divines. So he wasn't the only remnant of a world that seemed long passed into memory.

"We will seek out your homeland then, and see what has become of it. I will say this: you and your followers made a difficult choice coming here. I will lend you a bit of my power, and you will get your bearings just as I have had to do. What was done was done, and it is a past so distant it is barely remembered. If you wish to rejoin the world, to make a different choice in these strange times, I trust you will find a way to contact me."

He bows and offers his hand, letting a divine spark gather there to be used as the Ubermen would see fit. A gesture that another way could be possible.

Then he will carry Folau back to the ships, so that they could make ready to depart for the northern islands, to see what remained of the past legacy of these two peoples.

I'll give up my +2 to these guys despite this information and leave the door open for them to change their minds. Also I'm taking from what the Uberman said that Folau's people and the Ubermen were from the same place, and that Folau's people were "allowed" to leave because of perceived inferiority?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Ur Tau Mica - Self, Tau-Lands

The ground hummed with whispers of the lesser Earth Elementals. Of people leaving for forage; travelers between the communities; and problems like children going missing. Times had been as busy for the others as it had been for Ur Tau. Between keeping the beauty of the land, an idea came to his head.

As time passed Ur Tau Mica formed a new replica to walk the foothills. Sometimes the odd traveler would make the journey to the mountain. The reasons varied from person to person - adventure, curiosity, boredom - but for each person that came Ur Tau would ask if they wanted to stay. Some may already have homes to return to, but there may be others who might be looking for a new home as well…

Ur Tau will try to found a village close to his Mountainself. I don’t know if [-2] Sedentary factors in with such an action, but if it does, then I’ll tap my drawback.

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 24, 2018

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Airagh - Island White

Word of a Divine has spread through the Island and by the time your miracle has taken place most of the White Council is there. An Angel, the head of the council, greets you. The assorted Elders each look you over as reports rush in of increased fertility all over the island. Far more than needed even given the population boom. The storehouses will be filled by the end of the growing season. If this productivity keeps up, which you and the Angel know it will in perpetuity, they will be forced to trade with other islands and the mainland or simply farm much less than they currently do.

In any case the Angel Remana gives you a nod.

You have permanently changed the nature of Island White. It is now extremely fertile, the soil will replenish itself totally each winter. The livestock will grow bigger and fatter, and produce more milk and eggs than before. Some say you can watch the sheep’s wool come in.

Murmur - The Soul Pits, a random hell dimension

For the first time in ages, the mortal prisoners of this Hell Dimension knew Hope. They clung to the Aura of this God Murmur, the Vortex of Souls (+0) lifting themselves up from the pits. Pipes at the bottom ran dry as their supply left to join the Vortex. The lowly demons fishing were sucked down these pipes as their ships crashed to the bottom. A few along the edges sounded alarms. Tones rang out, to Murmur they sounded calm and soothing. Apparently they were very irritating to the demons.

Demon Shock Troopers began to pour into the pits only to stare at the sight before them. They seemed to be expecting a few powerful breakaway souls. This, though, was far beyond their ken.

You’ve made the Vortex of Souls +0. This gestalt entity is comprised of all the mortal souls that enter the Soul Pits. They currently follow your lead and as such you can direct them to act on your behalf while they follow you in this particular Hell Realm.

Corinthian - The UnHoly Throne

The Boss reaches out and grabs you out of the air with ease. His chuckles boom in your metallic ears. He brings you caged in his fingers to his face. “I was not finished with you. I can see now that you have been altered.” He cleared his throat. “Ahem. Test.” His brow furrowed and his grip seemed to tighten.

Wait. No. His hand was shrinking! He threw you down and looked behind the UnHoly Throne. “The souls stopped? How can the Souls stop!? It doesn’t work if the Souls stop!” He continued to shrink as Arbela looked confused and frightened. The Boss stared at his Court and the fires in his eyes engulf his head in flame. “The gods should be here! Why aren’t the gods here! I summon YOU! YOU tricked me!”

An avatar of That Guy appeared in a bespoke suit and playing a fiddle. “I did not. You never specified where they should go so I let your plane sort them.” He winked at Corinthian and offered the fiddle before he disappeared.

The various semi-undead and reanimated servitors always underfoot also seem to be rebelling. The technical term for it seems to be “loving poo poo up.”

You could leave now but it seems The Boss is having issues.

Arianrhod and Sister Jessica - Fond Village, The Lost Woods

The burned ones healed instantly. Sister Jessica seemed to burn to cinder but then was completely restored. Then Jessica seemed to become a haint herself, but then recovered. Arianhod’s words were lost during this miracle. The tribe was astonished as the Ancestors spirits walked freely and bowed before the gods before dissipating. The villagers decide to have a feast in honor of their new goddesses. Noone and company begin trading during this feast.

Sister Jessica gains 1 MP. High roll. Arianhod’s achievements are noted but Jessica made a hell of an entrance impression this time.

Hilary - Moon Base Alep

The one who captured you, Aaron, agreed. You found they had survived since the Cataclysms up here. It was a spartan existence but they seemed to find some joy in it. Records indicated the creature you described had been created as a protector by the tech god himself.

Aaron spoke to you at length about his ancestors coming here. Before the gods left they could teleport freely between the Moon and the Mountain Base. Something had disrupted it during the end of the Cataclysms, though, and those few still below either left or grew old. The Mountain itself had been attacked, the lands around it had been poisoned by weapons of their enemy. He seemed glad it was occupied again, though he seemed concerned about the “mutants”.

Your powers are back. They have a nice base set up.

Jax finished the incredibly awkward hug and clapped you on the back. “Didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable. Lets, uh, go back to town and rebuild and go from there.”

You get a MP.

Diona - Ice Cavern

You appear in a vast glacial cavern. Before you is a dragon of impossible size. Its age is impossible to determine beyond “extremely old”. You can also sense that it is dying of old age, a frightful decline in power for one so ancient. You would have thought it asleep until it opened an eye and whispered,

“Who comes to harass a dying dragon?”

Vamer - The Flesh Weaver's Loom

The worker drones easily accept their new programming. With an outpouring of divine intervention a large army of flesh golems and the like await your command. The ones on the conveyor rise as your lieutenants in this realm. You sense the servants of the Demon Lords made in this place scattered across the realm regard you as their new master.

Huge roll. You have all the undead on this plane under your command. Those out of range are generally wrecking up the place.

Wegirn - Mid-Ocean Voyage, Focus Tower

They thank you and begin plans for the waystation as you described it. As far as you can tell they don’t seem to be plotting eugenics or world takeover. But you are soon far away.

After another few weeks at sea several of your crew develop a strange illness(scurvy) and your Uber shipmate recommends landfall to resupply and “gather certain foods”. Folau agrees and soon your landing party is met by large peoples exhibiting strange mental powers. They eye you warily.

Move. You. Along. There.

Ur Tau - Foothill Villages

Many families pack up to resettle close to the mountain. There are several ringed around you. The people do not dare venture too far up the mountain, but game that comes past their understood boundary is plenty. The people look to you for protection, favor, and plenty.

This was a fairly high roll. These settlements will grow into the next age. You may set up a priesthood or tenants and values for them to follow. Shape their culture etc.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Airagh - Island White, with the the Angel Remana and the White Council.

She inclined her head to the divine messenger in return,

"I thank you for speaking with me, honoured ones. I trust my bona fides are in order. What I have seen of your stewardship and husbandry has impressed me: Nothing goes to waste, everything fairly apportioned. Such wisdom can be difficult to find. It gladdens me that my gifts given so far are under a jurisdiction that will apply that wisdom for the utmost benefit to the community. What would you wish to ask of me?"

No action per se here, just dialogue.

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009
Murmur - The Soul Pits, a random hell dimension

In the tales of Korinthiad (the-knight-who-was-stuck-in-her-armor) that had so amused children throughout the kingdom of Corneria there were several re-occurring themes. By far the most popular among listeners was that Korinthiad always jumped into a volcano at the end of each story, only to miraculously return unharmed at the beginning of the next. A less popular yet equally confusing part was that in many stories Korinthiad had an incessant need to tell anyone and everyone she met that she owned a castle. Murmur knew that these tales of Korinthiad were a watered down (and child friendly) retelling of the brave adventures of noble Corinthian.

The gladiators who asked for blessings from the Saint of Battle known as Corinthian had many tales, purportedly handed down from the ancients who had in ages past seen him battle. These tales were murky, for the life of a gladiator is often short and after so many retellings the edges between story, myth and wishful thinking had blurred. Most however referenced that Corinthian had been rewarded with a Castle for his valor and for his victories. Over the years, various tales had been copied down by curious scholars. One such compilation was a lurid book entitled 'The Long swords of the Legends', in these tales Corinthian the Gladiator had claimed ownership of a castle before he seduced maidens. Murmur discounted the seduction, because it knew Corinthian was engaged to his true love and as such would never be unfaithful.

The great sage and inventor Amarion had written in his tome 'Musings on Artifacture' that in the seventh year of the reign of Queen Joyanna the Miserly he had encountered a sentient automaton calling itself Corinthian it had claimed to be a great and mighty prince of hell. The automaton professed it had need of his knowledge and they discussed the construction and destruction of artefacts for many days before parting ways, the construction having apparently learned all that it desired. A footnote in the entry included the titbit of information that Corinthian had repeatedly mentioned he had a castle, although Amarion felt this was a malfunction within the obviously insane construct. Murmur suspected Amarion was one of the earliest mortals to actually converse with Corinthian.

Murmur knew these and a thousand other details about Corinthian as it had drawn upon Corinthian's Renown in order to assemble enough knowledge to bring about his resurrection. Despite it's dubious understanding of Corinthian himself, Murmur understood that legends were often corrupted versions of the truth. With the knowledge it already had about Corinthian, it seemed likely that he had a castle and since this was his home, it was probably in this dimension. It also followed that as they were such good friends now he would be happy to help Murmur and the trapped souls escape!

Mostly fluff, when I was resurrecting Corinthian I looked at all the legends and stories about him that were told in Havis, given he repeatedly told everyone he has a castle it follows that I have some knowledge that it is at least possible. I'm going to use +4 Renown to try and gather as much information about it as I can from his history on Havis, then go find my friend's castle (yeah, at some point there is going to be an awkward conversation about my definition of friend). Whether or not my roll succeeds, I am going to attempt to leave the soul pits and look for his castle.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Airagh - Island White

The Angel pulls you aside and shows a map of the island. “We need to talk about where to place your shrine. There are a few fields we are going to be discontinuing since they are the hardest to water. Those will be the most free to you. You may also take your priesthood from those who fit whatever criteria you have.”

“Our only other concern is opening trade relations with the mainland and other islands.”

Murmur - The Unholy Throne

Murmur makes a straight line for the tallest structure in the realm. The Vortex of Souls makes use of this journey to ensoul the soulless lesser demons to give bodies to members of its constituency and remove the threat of said demons.

Murmur is aware of the Spidery demoness that brought them there , a powerful Arch Demon who seems to be having trouble maintaining that power, and Corinthian who is currently in a strange state of superposition where he both does and does not have a fiddle.

It seems he has not decided whether he has it or not.

Instead of mucking about you go to the big bad. The Vortex did okay for itself though.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

Vamer - The Fleshweaver’s Loom

As he grips the nearest demon and sears it with his divine will, Vamer discovers a...connection between the undead on this plane. "Sloppy. I expected higher standards from Hell than this beginner control network. Their mistake, MY opportunity." In a blast of necrotic energy he blasts away the controller and ensnares the networks control node within himself. All around hell there is a sudden silence as the various skeletons, zombies, and so on stop whatever they're doing. In one corner of Hell a couple of imps look up to see why the skeleton had stopped turning the torture wheel only for it to fall upon. Similar scenes repeat themselves as Vamer rouses the dead of Hell to action

With these many under his control Vamer will surely find an exit swiftly. Around him on the conveyor belt he focuses his magic to create huge flesh golems, misshapen mashes of creatures to act as bodyguards. Satisfied with this, he takes his place atop a throne of bones on one such behemoth. "Onwards" he commands his minions. "Every door you will open. Every cell you will fling open. Every chain you shall break. Bring pandemonium to Hell and find me an exit while you're at it."

The flesh golems carry him forward, various undead demons and such as a vanguard. While the rest of the dead search Hell, he'll see where this belt starts at. If its bringing bodies in, surely it can take them out.

Vamer orders his undead to search for an exit and while they're doing so to just mess stuff up by freeing anything they find. Every door, every cage, every chain they can open or break they will. Meanwhile Vamer himself with his vanguard searches for the beginning of the belt. If it brings in dead bodies maybe it can take them out.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Airagh - Island White, with the the Angel Remana

Poring over the map, she nodded, and called up some architectural plans and schematics for a suitable shrine in the discontinued fields, with accompanying infrastructure.

"Let us achieve both objectives in one. My priestesses are well established on the mainland to the south, and would be amenable both to trade resources and to spread the faith here, both through establishing a cadre to grow the priestesshood here and through arranging pilgrimages to and from both my main place of worship and the shrine here, providing opportunities for commerce and travel at both ends, including a welcome co-religionist market that would be amenable to favourable terms of trade. Everyone should benefit, and tyng into their trade network will in turn open up new opportunities. As for inter-island trade, that depends on the neighbouring islands and our understanding of them."

Trying to establish beneficial trade relations and crosspollinate the Priestesshood from the mainland. +2 Fertility on a conceptual level to allow these ideas to take root and flourish, products of a fertile imagination.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Sister Jessica - Fond Village, The Lost Woods

Jessica struggled to her feet as the villagers looked upon her in awe. It was difficult to focus - goddess she might be, but pain bit just as deeply as it ever had in her mortal life. After a moment she mustered the strength to speak. They were no doubt waiting for something profound. Something befitting of a woman who, without being asked, took the suffering from strangers into herself.

"I..."

Profundity deserted her.

"Please, give your gratitude to the Lady Arianrhod. She is the one who vanquished your foe, and she is the one who permitted me the honor of accompanying her."

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009
Murmur - The Big Castle, a random hell dimension

Murmur contemplated all that it knew about Corinthian's castle and realised the answer was of course simple - the biggest palace. Hell was odd and not very nice, now it was time to go home. The way between realms was obfuscated and so Murmur had decided to ask his friend where to go. Corinthian had the best palace and so Murmur happily walked towards the foreboding building, oblivious to the demons that rushed around it (many of which the Vortex of Souls promptly took as host bodies with its tendrils).

Unlike many of the gods of Havis, Murmur had never been mortal and never had a physical form or the constraints that came with one. Thus it never occurred to Murmur to 'knock' or even pause before walking into a room. On Havis it might have observed some decorum in regards to the territory of other gods, however as Murmur was best friends with Corinthian it did not feel it was trespassing in any way to enter his castle. (presumably the demonic host bodies will attempt to open whatever doors they need to)

There were three people in the room. Corinthian, his fiancé and some other guy. Corinthian appeared to be deep in thought about something or other and the other guy didn't look very well right now. Murmur decided this was an appropriate time to introduce himself to the only currently unoccupied person in the room, Arbela. *Hi, I'm Corinthian's best friend Murmur* * We almost met earlier when you ate the Lich-God Vamer* *Who is that sitting in Corinthian's Chair?* *What's your favorite color?*. Murmur continued to burble pointless questions at his best friend's fiancé, trying to make a good first (second) impression.

Given that I critically failed the last roll, I am totally going to walk into the castle with a complete misunderstanding of the situation. Murmur is childlike in a way and due to the roll extremely unprepared for this situation, however it is also a god who has access to vast amounts of knowledge and power and will defend itself if attacked by the Arch Demon guy sitting in Corinthian's chair. I am attempting to make friends with Arbela. Not sure how that will go as from her perspective I am glowing with divine light and surrounded by a vortex of very angry souls (also potentially a horde of possessed demons)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Arianrhod - Fond Village, The Lost Woods

Thankfully the kid isn't one for crowds, it seems. Arianrhod was happy she was able to save these idiots but slightly miffed she got outshone. Still, this day should be a happy one and if Jessica wands to defer, than so be it.

"Yes, this day will be a new beginning for us all. We will not return to the mistakes of the past, and from this day forward we begin a new compact. The Overgod has decreed that a new way of life and Fond Village will be the epicenter of this latest faith..." She keeps it short and to the point, and allows herself a bit of an ego trip when she gives instruction for a large tree to be felled and shaped into a totem/pillar dedicated to the two of them. She didn't demand sacrifice, these people had little enough, but a little community building via public works was well within reason, she thought. In the meantime, Arianrhod pulls out her secret stash, and shares with everyone. Above all, it was :catdrugs: time.

[Druidism+4] to ritually bind* Jessica and the villagers, to a new faith led by Arianrhod based on her freewheeling chaotic good/neutral tendencies. The shouldn't be a huge amount of differences other than don't be a dick, no ritual suicide, and no binding souls of the dead to the earth, other commandments can follow as needed. OOC Shardix feel free to object at any point. Arianrhod isn't going to try to dominate Jessica, just feel like the first among equals.

*I mean in a "magical family" kind of way not "enslave"

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 7, 2018

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
MP: 1

"Yes... lets." As Starke and Jax return to town, Starke lays out his plan. "Jax, it seems the people already regard me as a hero, but aren't yet aware I've become divine. I think it's time for a demonstration of just what I can do. I want you to pick those villagers who you think will make good disciples, and bring them to me."

Heading back to town, and tasking Jax to gather up some potential disciples so Starke can try some sort of miracle to convince the villagers he's not just a hero anymore.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Sister Jessica - Fond Village, The Lost Woods | 1 MP

It was strange hearing her companion's words. It felt vaguely blasphemous to listen to Arianrhod speak about beginning a new faith with her as a part of it. Logically, Jessica knew she was divine and had the right. Emotionally, however, she was still just a young girl with a lifetime of lesson and ritual ingrained into her. The reality of her station had yet to truly sink in. With the gnolls she had merely given them the freedom to choose. They chose to follow her example which humbled her, not found a religion around her...the idea of which kind of scared her. She could only hope she possessed the strength to live up to the expectations people would have of her.

In the meantime, Jessica could break further taboos at Arianrhod's side. Drugs had been strictly forbidden by her order and it had never crossed her mind to break that oath. Now though? It wasn't exactly like the Abbess was going to rise from the grave to chastise her.

Jessica is unfamiliar with druidic ritual, but she will follow Arianrhod's lead and support her as best she can. Healing +4 to bless the :catdrugs: so that anyone who takes it is cured of illness and infirmity.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Wegirn - New Island, Biggun Psyker Party

Wegirn will step forward to the native inhabitants of this land and bow, introducing himself, "Greetings. My name is Wegirn, and I'm leading an expedition to the north searching for the lost homeland of my companions. We have stopped here to collect fruits and citrus to stave off disease on our trip. We are here in peace and do not wish conflict with you. Tell me, what is the news of your land and have you any messages you wish me to carry along on our journey northward?"

Basically going to go for the standard +0 / lv20 Bard thing to introduce us to the Bigguns and see if they are in a trading/talking mood. Hopefully not gonna get mindblasted into the next age.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Hey jamez, the ooc thread slipped into the archives, I know I've been MIA for the past couple of weeks. Due to RL circumstances and my laptop & desktop dying like some kind of failure cascade I'll have to drop. :(

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Diona- Dragon Cave, ???

Diona put her arms on her hips, and spared the aging Dragon a soft sort of smile.

"Hey now old timer, visit from an actual divinity is not really harassment now is it? Isn't that more of an esteemed occasion or something..." Diona trailed off and quieted down for a moment, as if in thought, before continuing, "...Well actually now that I think about it yeah I can see why you would say that. More than enough myth around to justify that sort of attitude ahaha!"

Her smile widened, "But yes, name's Diona, Goddess of Festivity! And I came to visit because you're being a bit of a sad sack, sitting in a drafty cave like this all alone and depressed. So like, what's the deal with that? What's the deal with you? What's even your name, if you don't mind me asking?"

Diona reached into a bag to retrieve some sort of strange snack, which she promptly popped into her maw, before shaking the bag into the Dragon's general direction as if offering him some of the stuff too.

Chatting up Dragon, grinding for exposition

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
Corinthian - Hell - The UnHoly Throne

Corinthian took a deep breath and appraised his surroundings. The Boss was literally deflating in front of his eyes. That Guy, a purely mythical figure this morning, was In Hell offering Corinthian a fiddle. A violent hurricane of damned souls had invaded the room. And was talking. To his fiancee.

He'd been in hell for fifteen minutes and he already couldn't remember why he was so eager to get back. This place was hell. And it made a whole lot less sense.

He grabbed the fiddle from That Guy, it seemed to be the most pressing thing at the moment. That Guy winked knowingly as the instrument passed hands, and Corinthian felt a chill. He looked down at the instrument. He was familiar, lots of demons played fiddle. Nero was famous for it. But how a fiddle could help him in this situation, he couldn't begin to guess. His eyes darted between the fiddle, and The Boss, and the fiddle again, and The Boss again. Finally his gaze landed on Arbella, expression unscrutable, arms crossed and eyes narrowed.

"It's just Murmur." Corinthian called out to her. "... Kinda hard to explain. We've never actually met, but it kinda ... Brought me back from the dead? It's like ... You know what - Just catch."

Corinthian tossed the fiddle at Arbela and turned in the air. He grasped The Boss's diminishing wrist between his two hands, flapping his wings once behind him. The Boss noticed in time to catch a final "-with all due respect, sir" before Corinthian beat his wings like a bird on fire, struggling with some success to pull The Boss from his throne. Airborne, eyes locked, Corinthian shouted to the room at large.

"Murmur! It's being Mean to me!"

And then Corinthian dropped The Boss.

Let me know if I'm taking too much agency with this but, you said The Boss was shrinking so I thought I might try it. I'm gonna throw The Boss at Murmur. After throwing the fiddle at Arbela. No powers at play really, just shaking things up. And I like throwing things.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

They dug houses into his foothills.

It had started when the humans couldn’t find better places to live nearby. Then one clever human looked at Ur Tau and had an idea.

He grabbed a chisel and hammer, started digging, and an hour later more humans joined in.

The digging was mercifully short. Any deeper and his side would collapse.

To the Mountain’s relief, only a part of the villagers actually lived inside him. Perhaps in time, he would get used to it.

*~*~*~*

Kells came down from the first peak. He prayed all morning and found the same empty thoughts. And it got hard to breathe and he was shivering up there. Upon getting back to the grotto he’d ask Lazu to pour him a hot one. Maybe Micah would still be in her room; he needed her counsel. She had made the trek for a long time and had the body and mind to show for it. He wished he could say the same.

For a year Kells made climbs to the first ‘peak’ of Ur Tau, and he felt no different since he first started. He didn’t feel the strength nor the deep thought like the summit priests had. He didn’t feel connected to the land like their guardian. If anything, Kells felt the hairs on his arms rise as he came to the apiary. It was a popular crossroads for locals and regionals alike, but he never got used to the bees’ din.

’But I’m almost home.’ he thought.

He came when a session was in full swing. Children from the local villages sat on the stone ground in anticipation. Lazu stood right in the middle of the gathering speaking from a wax tablet. The old man acted the part of the libationer: energetic, yet serene as he spoke the day’s precept. Not even tending to the sick, poor, and elderly seem to tire him down. Lazu’s eyes spotted Kells’ arrival, and with only a nod to the larder he said all he needed to say..

“Get the yoghurt ready.” Kells said to himself. He prepared a couple of bowls and one for himself. He kept an ear out for any child who was learning. Lazu as a libationer had a habit of being vocal in his praise and wanted meals to reflect each child’s understanding. And each brilliant mind would get something extra in their yoghurt. Kells got the meals ready in his sleep along with a bowlful and a strip of kippered beef for himself. The children eagerly gobbled up their yoghurt and left with Lazu trailing behind; he was seeing them off. That was fine. It gave Kells the chance to find Micah. He needed to unwind.

The clack of wood clued Kells in to her location.

Going for something of a Daoist/Wuxia influence in the village(s). Caves are built into Ur Tau that house either the well off, or the libationers (read high priests) There also persists the idea that upon travelling to the summit of Ur Tau that one can achieve enlightenment; however they’re not even close to that. That said, people who have made the trek have come back stronger and wiser; these people congregate in the grottos, where the libationers live, and train in body and mind. The foothills have mostly farms and pastures; anything beyond that seems like a rare luxury.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Vamer - Portal Complex

The conveyor belt seemingly runs forever. A twist of reality at one point is where the bodies appear. A further study of this twist leads you to a complex within the Hell. It seems to have been corrupted by whatever force controls this realm. A multitude of portals to other realms lies before you. Heavens, other hells, other mortal realms, and places stranger still lie beyond them.

A dark-skinned fellow in a fine suit and a smooth velvety voice speaks behind you. “A Multiversal Nexus. Quite a fine thing for a demon to steal. One could find virtually unlimited souls if you sent minions out fishing for them. But could one find specific souls in all this mess?” He gives a grin. “I know that I could, but that would ruin the quest that drives you. This corruption needs to be removed, Vamer. I am bound by archtreaties, but ones such as you and the others are not. Untie my hands and I can find your kin.”

Overgod with the offer of several lifetimes.

Airagh - Island White/Swamplands

It would take some time for the other islands to warm up to Island White but the dealings with the Swamplands have gone well. The Order from Island White will certainly help organize governance as the Swamplands grow.

I have really run out of things for you to do here, we can head somewhere else or discuss writing your epilogue.

Arianhod and Sister Jessica - Fond Village, The Lost Woods

The Village takes a great leap forward. No longer bound to the past and the spirits of their ancestors they are finally free to live in the present and look to the future. The Totem of Fond is made telling the story of this transition, with Arianhod and Jessica defeating the corruption of the Elder Shaman and freeing the Haints respectively. Their future is their own and the “Vision Quests” are certainly fun as well. Noone quickly realizes the potential of this new philosophy and makes inquiries about the Gnoll Healers as well.

Going to offer up Epilogues to the two of you as well unless you want to carry your Arc on.

Murmur and Corinthian - The Unholy Throne

Arbela grabs the fiddle in midair, pulling it apart and taking a glowing Halo from inside. “Ow! gently caress!” She yells as she tosses it in the air. Assessing the rest of the situation she spins a web and pulls on The Boss as well. The Halo is absorbed by the Vortex of Souls which also has an interest in The Boss. The Vortex pulls corrupted souls from the Boss and passes them through the Halo to purify them. Weaker and smaller he becomes until finally he is sucked into the Vortex and they spit out a dessicated husk of a demon. A skeleton in a large amount of loose skin.

The servitors begin to dismantle the throne immediately, parts of it falling into a giant heap which are further dismantled.

Arbela begins to look less demonic but still distinctly half woman half spider. Corinthian, however, is less sure of his own ancient history.

Ur Tau Mica

With what you wrote I am almost certain we’ve delved into your Epilogue territory. Is there anything you’ve like to resolve or develop with your god or followers?

Diona - Dragon Cave

The Dragon gives something of a wry smile. “If the rest of the new gods are like you, perhaps this is not the worst omen of the passing of an age. As for my name, Ymmaysdorith.” his forked tongue came out and took the entire bag, swallowing it. “A delicious bit of magic. I thank you for your courtesy to a dying old dragon.”

We can probably continue this conversation in discord

Starke - Klibariko

Jax nods and suggest the miracle involve rebuilding the damage done in the battle. He rushes ahead as the villagers cheer and scatter flower petals in the path in front of you. Jax’s fellow candidates for herodom are soon gathered, as well as the surviving ones from the previous generation.

Wegirn - The Badlands, Big’un Psyker Party

The Big’uns regard you and Folau with interest. You, because you are a god. Folau because she seems to have a trace of the power they wield. “We have little, but you may collect what you need.”

They describe a great battle recently, where their god returned and banished a great evil that threatened to destroy their race. When asked of the North they scry and describe a land ruined by war and machines and “suns falling from the sky”.

They offer to help your people settle on the coast, if they would help the Big’Uns in their dealings with other humans nearby. Especially those that had been ruled by their former oppressor.

They say you can go North, but that land won’t be much good for generations. Can continue a conversation in Discord if you like.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Starke - Klibariko

When he is alone with Jax and those his priest had selected as potential disciples, Starke spoke up. "All of you know of me of my deeds. However, I have returned after all these years not as a man, but as a god. I have saved your village from the Beast with the aid of my first priest," he gestures at Jax, "and he has recommended you to serve as my disciples. If you are ready to take up this role then all you need do is affirm your desire to do so and open your hearts and souls to me, and I will grant you my blessing. Those who do not wish to do so need merely to leave, there will be no punishment for refusing to take up this offer."

He waits, and after sufficient time for all present to make their choice, he lets his power flow into those who remain. Just as he did for Jax, he would show them the blessings the god Starke could provide. Their bodies would know strength beyond merely human limits, and they would be restored to the peak of vitality no mater their age or injury. Let them serve as living proof of his power and the blessings he could grant to the faithful.

Starke's going to bless the potential acolytes with the gift of swole. Aiming to make them all very strong and obviously muscular. If I can work de-aging the older ones and strengthening all of their bodies into that as well even better. Strength[+4]

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Airagh - departing the islands, ascending from Island White

It was time to leave these islands, transcend this temporary veil of flesh and then... hm. She wanted peers, equals, those with whom matters of import may be discussed. As she rose, she reached out, feeling for who else may be out there.

Let's see if Airagh can make contact with any of the fellow divinities..

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

Vamer - Portal Complex

The offer the Overgod gives is...tempting. At long last, he could have his family again. All he had to do was reach out and...Vamer stared at the decayed hand he had started to put forth. Bone and sinew show beneath the rotted flesh. The horrific abomination of a fleshgolem he rode here shuffles under him. The lich hesitates. This...this is not how he wanted them to see him.

He pulls his hand back. "If...if you were to pull them out, would they be conscious? Would they be able to see me?"

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009
Murmur - The throneless room, a random hell dimension

With the Arch Demon destroyed and the souls purified Murmur changed, now the influence of the hell dimension did not weigh as heavily upon it. In the astral the bubbling purple being reverted it's calmer more traditional configuration.

Looking to the Soul Vortex as it purified souls (and potentially itself) Murmur asked *What is your wish?*, showing again through imagery the hope and promise that existed within the realm of Havis. It was careful to make no assumptions as the change that had occurred in those present in the throne room was undeniable, Arbela appearing less demonic and the self assured Corinthian seeming somehow off balance. It was likely that the formerly diffuse Soul Vortex now holding a glowing Halo with a definite sense of purpose would no longer pursue the same goals.

Murmur is offering the Soul Vortex a chance to choose it's own path, something that it hasn't been able to do for aeons. It promised when it helped the souls escape the Soul Pit that it would not abandon them. The gist is that I can attempt to bring them back to Havis with me, I can leave them to forge their own destiny or assist with something else should they\it wish.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Jessica sat with Noone, and listened to him patiently. She understood his intentions - he was a merchant and trader. Profit was important to him.

"I have a suggestion, sir. Go and speak with my people. Offer them this: If any desire to go out into the world, they will accompany you with a seedling of their tree and a bottle of sap. Use the sap to demonstrate the effects and sell the seedling to a community. For a fair and reasonable price, of course, but one that should nevertheless satisfy you. The gnoll remains and tends this tree in my name and offers their aid to the community. In this way, people are helped, the gnolls begin to rebuild their reputation, and you earn a handsome profit."

She did not mention what might befall Noone should he play anyone false in the matter. Surely he was wise enough to put his imagination to use. Jessica was not cruel by any means, but if this man scammed people unfairly? She would set him to the task of reparations and it would not be an easy one.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

The idea that a few families were going to grow their own food became gossip to other settlements. It wasn’t that the lands were unworkable, but before Ur Tau, people could not stay in one place long enough to harvest. Bandits would have scared them off, or take whatever they could. The villagers still preferred their livestock and game, and it would take them a long time to warm up to farming.

The villagers spoke to the elementals for food and protection, and Ur Tau would provide. Any danger to the settlements were walled or scared off. Herds were scattered towards hunting grounds. Bounties were even issued by lesser elementals; Ur Tau issued boons to the first couple people to present a specific kill. But the mountain made sure not to exhaust the wilderness. The elementals and Ur Tau felt every animal claw, paw, and dig through the wild.

While he made sure the village had plenty of food and protection, he made sure to keep enough of the animals alive. Not too many to cause trouble; not too little to sustain themselves. These new lands would flourish in time, but not all at once.

Over time, he felt something dig into his Mountainself, or rather dig out of him. Using what deep wisdom he had, he focused on this sensation and trace it to its source. If it’s a water elemental, he’d have to let it run its course...

Some more development with the villages outside of Ur Tau's mountain range.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

It seemed like an age, but in reality only a small bit of time had passed. Arianrhod spends time wtih the caravan, explaining her philosophy. She realized the world was huge, and that prayers took time to be answered. Perhaps she could shorten this time period. She has the craftsmen of the caravan and village set to work, the result is the first of hopefully many, a torso sized chest, intricately carved from heartwood and bedecked with antlers and all sort of gewgaws, that would hopefully transmit thought across the land.

Using [Driudism+4] to rig up a portable shrine to myself that caravans and the like can transport without too much trouble, that I can communicate back and forth with mentally. The totem also counts as a node in this network.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
The Overgod started, looking about with his various avatars. “Well look at the time, sorry about that.”

Vamer - Portal Complex Convo

The being chuckles. “They’ve been waiting for you this whole time, actually. I have been impressed at the lengths you have gone to reunite with them the hard way. Would have been easier just to die a mortal death.” He slaps you on the back. “Not you! You master undeath and turn back decay itself. Upset the natural order but with the best intentions.”

You could have let go and gone with them at any time. They have seen you this entire time. They know.

Murmur - The throneless room, a random Hub dimension

The Vortex formed a face, and spoke with an uncountable chorus. “We wish to decide our own fate, to guide the souls of the dead to rebirth, passage beyond, nonexistance, or rehabilitation as suits each their own.” It began to diffuse across this hub realm.

Airagh - Pantheon Hall

You see a round table, with placements all around. A sign reads, “Welcome New Gods!”

There appears to be Nectar and Ambrosia, but you are the only one here so far.

Starke - Klibariko

A small group of men and a few women are the first of the Swoleborn. A rebirth through the Strength and Love of Starke. They will live hearty and healthy lives until their one hundred and twentieth winter, give or take a few. Blessed with exceptional strength and consitution they are noticed easily as changed men and women. Jax is even excited that he or successors chosen by the Axe can even grant this transformation to the worthy as a sure thing.

They’re kind of a race now, except only the worthy and they don’t pass it on to their offspring(but their offspring do have a fair chance at worthiness due to the base genetics of their parent). Jax and subsequent high priests can bestow the blessing with 100% success to those faithful and worthy.

Noone listens intently to the description of the Sap and the seedlings and the terms of the deal. “If they’d also offer their services to my caravans we could offer them free passage anywhere we go with their own share of the seedling business.” He shakes, he has an eye for profit but is not a cheat.

Boulders. The Twelve Villages under the Mountain each took one of impressive size out and put it outside the boundary of their territory. As they grew each generation would push and pull and roll it out further to mark the boundary of the Men of the Mountain.

As you begin to enchant the totem a minor woodland spirit appears.

“I would be glad to convey messages between your totems, madam Druid.”

Nobody else seems to see the psychedelic deer. Maybe Sister Jessica does but if so she is leaving it to you.

So long as the Shrine is near some wild land it will work.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Starke - Klibariko

Starke smiles magnanimously as the disciples are transformed by his power, the first step in going from hero to god in the eyes of the people. He would have teachings for them soon enough, but first he needed to begin the process of winning over the rest of the villagers. If all went well, then perhaps very soon all of them would be worthy of rebirth into Swoleborn. So he gives the order.

"My first task for you, my disciples, is to go out among the people. Use the blessings I have granted you to help open their hearts to my divinity, and win them to my worship. While you begin the task of helping the rest of the village become worthy of rebirth in me, I will prepare the teachings that will form the next step.

While his disciples spread the good news of his divinity, Starke set to work putting together the teachings of his new religion. After all, he understood better than anyone alive the very best mundane ways to build and maintain physical strength, he ought to be able to put together some teachings that would help those who followed them become strong enough to be worthy of rebirth. Of course, he'd mix in a healthy dose of the need for faith and devotion to him, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem, he was putting together a religion after all, not a workout tape, or at least he hoped it wouldn't be a problem.

Starke's sending out his Swoleborn to win over the other villagers to his worship. While they start to do that, he's gonna start to put together the actual core of his religion. Lots of rules for life and how he expects his followers to behave. Of course, as the god of Strength[+2] there are lots of rules and rituals which just so happen to also be excellent for getting people to build serious muscle. The fact that he Just Wants to be Loved[-2] means there's also gonna be more stuff on the importance of piety and devotion to Starke than is probably strictly necessary and that sort of stuff will get worked into the rituals and rules in ways that may benefit both, but is just as likely to get one in the way of the other.

Ex. Some sort of religious call and response weight lifting rep thing, which could either be great for focusing people so they find the reps easier and getting them to repeat and absorb religious mantras or it might it might just be a big distracting mess that ends up making it harder to do the reps and just get annoyed at the religious component.

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009
Murmur - The throneless room, a random Hub dimension

Murmur was once just a dream, the concentrated hope of the people of Havis. It understands the drive for freedom as many of the minds that summoned it into being desired just that. Whispers echo to the souls as they diffuse across the realm *Those that choose to remain here and guide others beyond, know this. Should anyone challenges your path, call upon me and I will return, for as long as I exist, you will not be forgotten*

The constellation of astral light that is Murmur flares up as it turns toward Corinthian and Arbella *You also are from this place, do you challenge their choice?* Murmur gestures towards the desiccated husk and the empty space where once there was a throne. *Do you seek to become that?* The lights dimmed back to their normal state, flitting to and fro.

The soul vortex, or at least parts of it have decided to stay and guide others in this realm. As they don't need me to do this I intend to return to Havis. Depending on Corinthian and Arbella's response (or potentially Vamer's actions) I would like to use my domain +4 Renown to leave some sort of proclamation to the effect that this realm is protected by either gods of Havis or a god of Havis. I also gave the former Soul Vortex the metaphysical equivalent of my phone number in case someone tries to take over here.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

Vamer - Portal Complex

Vamer considers the beings offer for a moment. He can not bear to turn around for fear of seeing his family...to see them see what he has become. It was not supposed to be like this. But even that will not deter him from his goal.

"Agreed but...on two conditions. They will be kept safe, until the time is ready. And you'll send me back to Isle Black, wherehence I came."

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Airagh - Pantheon Hall

Now this was intriguing. A place for all Gods, set out for their kind. She took her seat, claimed it as the first to take their place in the Pantheon, and reached out to the future putative occupants of the other chairs, to see if there was a means of witnessing or communing with them from here. If this was a place of power, she wished to familiarise herself with those powers, and see what use could be made of them.

Airagh is making herself at home, claiming primacy by dint of being first, feeling to know the significance of this place, and reaching out to its other would-be occupants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianrhod - Pantheon Hall

She nods at the spirit, and takes a step forward only to fall into an oddly placed pile of mulch. After an intermittent falling sequence she lands in a heap, and picks herself up. Staring around at the huge structure surrounding the place, she finds the nearest set of doors and pushes through, smelling of peat and pine needles. "Hello, anyone here?"

If I need some justification for being at the meeting hall, using [Druidism+4] to subconsciously hone in on it.

• Locked thread