Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Arianrhod - Outside the Lost Woods, Temperate Forest

Being hurtled Overgod-knows-how-many leagues from home was quite the trip. Fortunately, it looked a lot like what she was used to. Something about spirits then? Arianrhod looks upon the strangers at the edge of the woodline and sees one of them fling a wad of...something to the ground. Oh, and now the woods themselves are screaming, fantastic. She approaches the caravan and nods to the one apparently in control. "Good day, it seems you all are a bit lost." More screaming. "And have other problems as well?"

Saying hello

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianrhod - Heading into the Lost Woods, Temperate Forest

"Can you describe this man? What was, er is his name? When and where did you last see him? And perhaps most importantly, do you have any of his belongings in your wagon? Clothing, mementos, souvenirs he might have had on him for awhile."

Presuming she finds something, Arianrhod begins chanting and compels the sympathetic connection with the object to show her the way to the lost individual. The local ghouls and ghosts would have to be dealt with as they came.

[Druidism+2] to use a sympathetic connection to locate this guy, and also smack aside any smaller groups of spirits that get in her way, if they start seriously massing, she'll wait until next turn to specifically deal with them.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianrhod - Inside the Lost Woods, Temperate Forest

Lost. In the woods. How the heck did this come to be? Realizing that her current form of searching is no longer working, Arianrhod decides to take more drastic measures. She takes a wad of several herbs and mushrooms from her pouch and begins chewing, concealing herself underneath the fallen bough of a huge oak. As the drugs take effect, her eyes roll back and she softly collapses against the moss and mulch.

Hiding my body from haints and trying to Astrally Project using [Druidism+2], and spreading out in widening concentric circles to look for a human in this huge wave of creepy things.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 10, 2017

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianrhod - Inside the Lost Woods

That was interesting. Either that other astral being was the culprit behind the haint infestation, or she probably at least knew something about it. Still, she had promised to find this victim and that was her first priority. Knowing the haints were tethered to the ground was a huge help, at the very least it means you could outrun any one or three, hopefully.

Arianrhod allows her concentration to lapse and feels herself being pulled back, back across the astral realm to her corporeal form. Waking up with a throbbing headache and an awful taste in her mouth, she rises to her feet and prepared to put her newfound knowledge to rescuing this man. She nibbles a little more of the mushroom, this time a smaller dose. Her eyes roll back in her head and then resume their normal place as she attempts to expand her mind.:lsd:

Going back to my body and trying to activate Astral Vision using [Druidism+2] to navigate the haint infestation and rescue the guy.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Oct 12, 2017

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianrhod - Inside the Lost Woods

Careful, careful, almost there. Arianrhod carefully navigates the haint taint. She arrives to find the man apparently only half dead. Dropping to one knee, she closes her eyes and murmurs, the wardress on her back begins to glow, and a ward of protection materializes on her forehead. Hopefully it was potent enough to last against so many of these creatures.

Thus (hopefully) protected, she heads into the swarm to save this man's life.

[Druidism+2] to temporarily ward myself while I rescue the guy.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Oct 18, 2017

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianrhod - Noone’s Camp

Well that was fairly horrible, whatever the haints were, they were unwillingly bound. Hopefully they wouldn't go on to threaten other things now they they were free. But that was a problem for near-future Arianrhod, right now, she needed to get the man to safety and treat his wounds if any.

"Noone! Noone, where are you, I found your lost sheep here, help me." She drags him from the forest edge to the camp and lays him down in an available place before checking for more extensive injuries. Then there was the issue of his soul being partially devoured. Maybe she could help with that. She places her hand on his forehead and stomach, both at chakra points, and begins to chant the litany of restoration.

Handing the guy over. [Druidism+2] to try to cure the haint drain.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 21, 2017

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianrhod - Noone’s Camp

"!" That was quite unexpected, and Arianrhod is at first for a loss of words, as surprised as the caravan was at the sudden changes. She still wasn't used to this whole "godhood" thing and the rapid healing and even reverse aging of the people around her was a massive step up of her old abilities of maybe keeping one person from dying of sepsis if she caught it early enough.

Still, she had been chosen for a reason, time to bask in at least a little ego worship. "Good people, I am thrilled to have helped, and I hope to assist many others down the road, literally and figuratively. Now, I have to head back into the wood and find the source of the haint infestation, but if you will have me I will attempt to come back and travel with you. The forces of nature are not always inimical, and both settled and natural dwellings both have their parts to play."

Arianrhod focuses and clasps her hands together, a glow emerges from inside her palms and she opens them to reveal a small obsidian athame set in antler. "Let this serve as a memento of our mutual trials together. Give me a moment, I have an idea..."

She'd need some sort of compact between herself and those that would follow in her path, and for that, she'd need a symbol.

Per Discord, my goals are

-make the athame
-imbue it with the telepath comm ability as described above
-attempt to recruit the caravan as followers

Using [Druidism+2] as needed

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 27, 2017

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianrhod - Noone’s Camp>The Lost Woods

"Yes! It is done! I-" Arianrhod raises the completed athame in triumph right before a torrent of absurdity fills her brain. She mulled over several possibilities;

-the overgod was messing with her
-she had gone too far, too many mushrooms, and was now full crazy
-there were other beings like her out there. Stood to reason that she wasn't the only favorite of the overgod.

With three the most likely, with likely some help from two, she mulls over the meaning of this before she realizes people are staring at her. "Oh, yes! I can see if this village is still okay, but I have a theory as to what is causing the haint infestation and need to pursue it. I will try to check on them as well. Where were they located? If you need help from me while I'm gone, concentrate and think while holding this," She hands over the athame. Arianrhod thought about doing something like cutting herself and letting the blood thicken the bond but that would hurt and be lame. "and I'll reply as best I can. Is there anything else I can help you with before I go?" She begins to mark her forehead once again with marks of warding, pending heading back into the ghost filled forest.

Handing over the athame, seeing if they need anything else before I take off, if they don't, waiting until daybreak, then Warding myself and Reactivating Astral Sight with [Druidism+2] and wading back into the haint taint to search for that village as well as that astral person that flew away.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 6, 2017

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianrhod - The Village, The Lost Woods

Arianrhod decides the best approach is the most direct and approaches the village, hand raised in peace. "Greetings, I am Arianrhod and I come to you to aid with the haints that plague this woods. I must speak to your elders and shaman." Presuming she gets an audience, she explains why she's there and what she's found out. "...I noticed several crystals binding the haints to the ground, like the ones you wear around your neck. I fear there is a connection. How long has the haint infestation gone on and what event marked the start of it? Also," she turns to one of the shaman "Have you seen the astral form of a person flitting around the woods?"

Introducing myself and explaining the situation and asking some questions. [Druidism+2] if I need to demonstrate some credentials to have them believe me.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianrhod sits back and takes in the villager's details. Sharing tribal history with a stranger like this was usually rare for communities like this and she did her best to be respectful. After hearing about the boogaloo involving the old shaman and the meteor she makes her decision. "Clearly the comet might be our best chance to figure out if its entirely the elder-shaman's fault or if something greater and more sinister is at work. Point me in the right direction and I will do my best to investigate it."

Going to investigate the comet impact site. [Druidism+2] if I need something to navigate my way there.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

"As if you had a chance, you foul, dead thing. Let's see how much you're smiling when I return you to the worms where you belong." Arianhod rushes as fast as she can out of the center of the crater to avoid the brunt of his magic and raises her staff. Prickles begin to rise from the tree around her and begin firing at the shaman.

Its on. [Druidism+2] to show this punk who's the real arboreal authority.

Also, for my question, is there any being(s) nearby trapped by the crystal that Arianhod can feasibly release ala the haints?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

"You WILL NOT touch them, alive or dead!" Arianhod looks at the closest of the incoming spheres and tries to figure out what she can do to...wait, the dead are connected via their crystals, the shaman is dead, therefore...Arianhod charges forward, attempting to shatter the crystals binding the shaman together.

[Druidism+2] to shatter his crystal power source.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianrhod - The Crystal Crater, The Lost Woods

"Buh! BLAGH." Arianrhod is hit by a one-two combo that leaves her floored. And now there's the shaman hovering over her. "You think you've won this one? I'm not dead yet!" Focusing her power, she calls out to the local forest critters, most of whom have undoubtedly turned tailed and run at the first sign of combat, to turn and fight for their mistress. The woods begin to rumble slightly as a cacophony of noises emerge from the brush. "10,000 paws in the air, rear end in a top hat." She tries to lift a leg to kick him in the face for good measure.

Using [Druidism+2] to summon every bird and beast I can to bumrush this guy.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianrhod stared on as her army was incinerated in twos and threes, while still trying to shake the ringing out of her ears from the previous ears. So its with a little annoyance she hears yet another voice in her head. In another time and place she'd be happy to chat, but this wasn't that time.

"YES. SORRY, this is a BAD BAD TIME." She ducks a chunk of moose ash flying over her head and stands to her feet. She needed to think of something and quick. The pillar she's against...didn't she feel it was containing something old and awful? She didn't want to release it but maybe only a little chunk wouldn't affect it while also being able to do something to this monster. Arianhod hefts a chunk of loose stone in hand, concentrates, a murmurs a prayer designed to banish unwanted spirits before reaching back and chucking it as hard as she can at the shaman's glowing form.

Grabbing whatever stone might be soaking up energies an adding a bit of my own with [Druidism+2] before chucking it at his glowing weak spot

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Dec 28, 2017

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

"..."

".............."

"Hookay, whoever this is in my head, I can talk now.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

"Likewise, I'm happy to hear there's others like me out there. And yes, that athame was of my crafting. If you're near Noone and company, you can't be very far. I'd like to meet you in person if possible. I have business with a small village telling them that something horrible and terrible is dead, but after that I can meet up with the caravan again."

Starting to head back to tell the village I took care of the problem.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 1, 2018

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianrhod - Fond Village, The Lost Woods

Arianhod is about to greet Jessica when she sees this fresh horror before her. She tries to run and cease this before anymore die. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING. STOP. OH GODS. Okay, I pardon you, DON'T DO THIS."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Thankfully the kid isn't one for crowds, it seems. Arianrhod was happy she was able to save these idiots but slightly miffed she got outshone. Still, this day should be a happy one and if Jessica wands to defer, than so be it.

"Yes, this day will be a new beginning for us all. We will not return to the mistakes of the past, and from this day forward we begin a new compact. The Overgod has decreed that a new way of life and Fond Village will be the epicenter of this latest faith..." She keeps it short and to the point, and allows herself a bit of an ego trip when she gives instruction for a large tree to be felled and shaped into a totem/pillar dedicated to the two of them. She didn't demand sacrifice, these people had little enough, but a little community building via public works was well within reason, she thought. In the meantime, Arianrhod pulls out her secret stash, and shares with everyone. Above all, it was :catdrugs: time.

[Druidism+4] to ritually bind* Jessica and the villagers, to a new faith led by Arianrhod based on her freewheeling chaotic good/neutral tendencies. The shouldn't be a huge amount of differences other than don't be a dick, no ritual suicide, and no binding souls of the dead to the earth, other commandments can follow as needed. OOC Shardix feel free to object at any point. Arianrhod isn't going to try to dominate Jessica, just feel like the first among equals.

*I mean in a "magical family" kind of way not "enslave"

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 7, 2018

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

It seemed like an age, but in reality only a small bit of time had passed. Arianrhod spends time wtih the caravan, explaining her philosophy. She realized the world was huge, and that prayers took time to be answered. Perhaps she could shorten this time period. She has the craftsmen of the caravan and village set to work, the result is the first of hopefully many, a torso sized chest, intricately carved from heartwood and bedecked with antlers and all sort of gewgaws, that would hopefully transmit thought across the land.

Using [Driudism+4] to rig up a portable shrine to myself that caravans and the like can transport without too much trouble, that I can communicate back and forth with mentally. The totem also counts as a node in this network.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Arianrhod - Pantheon Hall

She nods at the spirit, and takes a step forward only to fall into an oddly placed pile of mulch. After an intermittent falling sequence she lands in a heap, and picks herself up. Staring around at the huge structure surrounding the place, she finds the nearest set of doors and pushes through, smelling of peat and pine needles. "Hello, anyone here?"

If I need some justification for being at the meeting hall, using [Druidism+4] to subconsciously hone in on it.

• Locked thread