Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

Garland Grey - Besieged Big’Un Settlement, Badlands

This wasn't....good. The elder was holding but barely. Who was attacking, in what numbers? Why? No time. Garland leapt to the battlements himself and added his strength to the shield. Weaving his own into it. Then he would see what the hell was going on.

Using Psi [+2] to enhance and strengthen the elder's shield. Then finding out what was going on.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Garland looked around. "Ona, I...time has passed so much is it really you?" Garland was impressed she had progressed to this level of power She was far beyond the girl she once was. "What has happened to the Big'Un? Who, what, and why are you under attack?" He asked.

The cheers of these good people filled Garland with joy but his concern and feeling of foreboding didn't ease. Checking the shield, Garland felt it would hold for now while he found out what was going on.

Garland is asking Ona the who, what, where, when, and why of those attacking. The situation.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Garland smiled but it didn't reach his eyes. Francis. He turned to Ona. "Can you all fight? If the protective shield is smaller we can beat them mercilessly with Big'Un power and strength. As I seem to recall, none can match us in combat. We can essentially break through, then hide. A force this large isn't one I can beat without risking the rest of you. Also we can bleed the Gargg with Guerrilla tactics later."

Going to use Psi [+2] to shield and fight our way out. Punch a hole and then get out and regroup. The Big'Uns would be good to fight the army with but in those numbers I might lose too many. Better to plan and outplay Francis/Gargg.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Damnnation. Garland did not expect this poor twist of fate. He thought quickly. He might not be able to permanently sever Francis' control over his forces but he would try. The disruption over being suddenly freed might give Garland the opening to get his people out.

He pushed one thought out to try and disrupt the absolute control over these thralls:
:siren: <" BE FREE"> :siren:

And Garland pushed.

Using PSI [+2] to free the army/thralls as far and as hard as Garland can push it In all directions. Temporarily or permanently

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

As the freed Big'Uns chased the army into the distance, Garland helped Ona to her feet. "Come, we must hide. Are there any caves or a safe place to take our people?" The Big'Uns from the settlement were all about at least. "Too bad those freed could not stay with us, but I understand their fury. Perhaps, in time they will make their way to us." Or be re-captured by fancies, forced into bondage again. Garland shuddered. How terrible.

Taking Ona and the Big'Uns to safety and into hiding.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Garland Grey - Big’Un Settlement, Badlands

Garland nodded. Ona would pass soon. Garland directed the Bid'Uns to make her comfortable and to see to the new arrivals. They would have to move eventually, the army of his enemies would return. That would be certain. The prisoners of war he would leave in their current state. It was this "Mind-master" that Garland wanted to speak with. Girding himself with Psi -shielding both physical and mental, Garland went to speak with this proxy for Francis. The man looked no worse for wear and Garland was surprised he wasn't killed outright for his crimes against the Big'Uns.

Garland would try a verbal chat before using other methods. Shields layered and in place, he began the interrogation:
"So, 'Mind-master'..?" Garland was waiting for the name if the cur even had one. "It would seem my return was just in the nick of time to route your armies. What particular purpose could Francis want, beyond the obvious with the Big'Un people? What is your role besides directing his thralls, the schools of thought your lord uses in addition to what he stole from Ona?" Garland thought. "I didn't teach anything like this to the Big'Uns and I'm curious as to where this mind bending came from? Illithid slavers? They'd never part with the secret and you'd need extensive brain surgery to reform a mind into something not quite monstrous."

Having the Big'Uns bring the newcommers onto team Garland and seeing to Ona's last breaths. Garland will speak to the Mind-Master but not before weaving some pretty heavy duty (nd layered) physical and mental defenses/shields in prep. Using Psi [+2] for the protection.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

MP: 1

The Mind-bender’s eye based attack hit Garland right in his soul. This is why it was effective, his own hubris almost saw him thralled. He bowed his head at Ona's final sacrifice. Her burial was a somber affair. Garland would need to find a way to counter this new rogue school of psionic mind magic. Garland directed the Big'uUns to work on their defenses and to send their most senior psionicists to come see Garland. He would discuss the mind thralling and delve into they mystery of preventing it or innoculating against all but the most powerful mind-thrallers.

Directing the Big'uns to shore up the settlement defenses. Calling a conclave if the most powerful psions left to discuss and delve into the mind-thraller techniques and possible counters. Psi [+2] for the latter.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Garland met with this new batch of psi talents. Each interesting, the adapts too hopefully could be trained in time. Garland's orders to the normal Big'uns for shoring up the defenses of the city were in effect. The message was odd, but also nonsense. He had better things to do.

Ursson posted:

Power: Psi Warrior - A full body suit of psionically-created armor, and psionically generated weapons that makr him more than a match for almost any foe in melee combat.

Garland set a task for Ursson to train 1/3 of the Adepts in his style of psionics. They would be battle leaders when the next assault came to defend the settlement.

Misgul posted:

Power: Projecting force - Whether targeted missiles from the size of needles to tree trunks or a wide area push or pull he is lethal at a distance.

Garland then set a task for Misgul to train the last 2/3 of Adepts in his style of psionics. This was lacking in the last battle and the Big'uns sorely needed ranged siege capability if they were to last against any future incursions.

Eatah posted:

Power: Denial - Within a certain range nullify effects of psions and mind-benders alike.

Garland then sat down next to Eatah. While everything else was going on, he set out to understand the what, how, and why of Eatah's ability.

OOC:
  • Garland's previous order to the Big'uns stand for shoring up the settlement defense.
  • Ursson will train 1/3 of the adepts in his psionic style. They will be war leaders when the time comes.
  • Misgul will train the last 2/3 of the adepts in his psionic style. Giving ranged capability and siege capability to the Big'uns forces.
  • Garland will work with Eatah using Psi [+2] to work out her gift.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 5, 2017

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Garland gasped at what had been done to Eatah.

Eat. Her. They were eating Big'Uns to boost their own powers. Garland clenched a fist in fury. It wasn't a gift at all he realized. Just sheer Big'Un stubbornness and a will to never have it happen again. Injustice like this...could not stand. Garland knew he must try now, he was a god after all. He would create a boo, granting the Big'Uns immunity to Francis and his minons' power. No creature under Garland's protection would go down without a fight. Walking meekly into the night.

He threw a hand up to the heavens and used all of his might.

OOC:
[*]Using Psi [+2] to create a boon. Hardmind: Immunity to charm effects, glamor, or illusion

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Garland thought for a moment. The army would come not knowing the new defenses would be in place and were as strong as they could be. He would take a strike force and hide them in the hills then strike at Franics' forces from the side or rear. A decapitation strike. He would take a limited amount of volunteers, letting them know that every one who did would not be defending their people and the city so to not make such a sacrifice lightly as many would be likely to die.

He and the volunteers would hide in one of the local caves and camouflage it with both natural and mental means and await their moment.

Using Psi [+2] to hide with a strike force to hit Francis from the side or rear. The home defenses are as good as they can be and while the army is focused on the front, it will be a perfect opportunity to hit him.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dsO2t7_Q4

Garland decides to target only the Big’Un minds enthralled this time to the even larger force. If possible he would implant the boon of freedom from domination into the mind-slaved Big’Uns. He then directed all of his ranged PSI forces to target Mind-slavers, officers, and those who looked in charge at range. Anything to disrupt command & control of such a large force. If he could break their unity and command, sew confusion and chaos Garland and his smaller army might have a chance.

Using Psi [+2] to free/implant the boon of freedom from domination into the mind-slaved Big’Uns. Telling all ranged forces to target: Mind-slavers, officers, and those who looked in charge at range. Anything to disrupt command & control.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78N2SP6JFaI

Unspeakable. What depths would Francis sink to? He would destroy the minds of friend and doe alike. To hide behind his own forces would be playing Francis' game and kill those who may not wish Garland harm. At this rate there would be none left. Garland would end this. Now. With a mighty leap and projected by his will, Garland flew towards the fortress wall his mighty fist raised to slam and break through the walls. He knew where Francis sat, and Francis would feel him coming. "FRANCIS!" Garland bellowed as he struck out.

Using PSI [+2] for a superman moment. Hiding behind people is what Francis is all about, cowardly. Hopefully a bad rear end entrance happens. If Garland goes splat this might be embarassing!

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

"No." <The Denial IS absolute.>
It was all Garland said as he pushed it with everything he was and struck before Francis could move or react.

Using PSI [+2] Avoiding mind mumbo jumbo, attacking, defending moving at the speed of thought. No negotiating.
I cast fist.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Garland let the Big'Uns have a measure of revenge, it was only just from years of slavery, torture, and being cannibalized by Francis and his mind-slavers. When Garland deemed it enough he ended the existence of francis.

The power flooded into Garland and he felt an increase in his own divinity as a result. The sheer knowledge of what these monsters had truely done flooded through Garland. The children. His people...The depravity. He almost wept. Almost. His hand curled into a fist.

<"Bring me his minions."> Garland mentally sent to all the Big'Uns. His intent sent and delivered. Garland would be having them for divine dinner.

Increasing PSI [+2] to PSI [+4] from the destruction of Francis. He will be having all the surviving mind-bastards and willing participants in the Big'Un subjugation/genocide for dinner and will consume them.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Garland removed the once and future threat. Levitating as the mentally constructed fortress was unmade he turned towards the settlement and floated home. To his people and...were those decorations?

Heading back to the settlement and a potential meeting with Diona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Hey jamez, the ooc thread slipped into the archives, I know I've been MIA for the past couple of weeks. Due to RL circumstances and my laptop & desktop dying like some kind of failure cascade I'll have to drop. :(

• Locked thread