Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Stan Lee no!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

Stan Lee no!

It's going to be Ethan van Sciver, isn't it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

You don't really get to play that card when you're spreading completely unsubstantiated rumors that sound like a conspiracy theory from SASS.

Kinda surprised at how many people are stanning lowtax here

Zoro posted:

Does the Bort comic series still suck? The sequel to Naruto? Yes, I know it's supposed to be Bolt, but even the offical translation went with Bort.

Poor bastard

zoux posted:

Stan Lee no!

What the hell is with that hand

site fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 5, 2017

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/915815162413584384

just rumors and fanfic

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Madkal posted:

It's going to be Ethan van Sciver, isn't it.

Has he worked on every major comic? Then yes.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Look believe me or don't I guess the owner is infallible and that's the end of discussion or whatever but just you know actually read the thread where people are talking about it while it's happening

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3836478&pagenumber=20&perpage=40

E: Plus that pic is from a post from sept that has nothing to do with zdr or anything from last night so idk what the point of that is tbh

site fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 5, 2017

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

site posted:

Look believe me or don't I guess the owner is infallible and that's the end of discussion or whatever but just you know actually read the thread where people are talking about it while it's happening

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3836478&pagenumber=20&perpage=40

E: Plus that pic is from a post from sept that has nothing to do with zdr or anything from last night so idk what the point of that is tbh

Yo I'm on your side lol. Goons.txt on twitter posted that and I thought it was suitably loony to support your story, which based on his past behavior I 100% believe

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't get why people with 10k posts on a forum are so keen on it closing down but I also don't get why people with thousands of hours playing WoW are desperate for it to fail.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lowtax simply isn't capable of doing whatever happened to ZDR's account.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

site posted:

Kinda surprised at how many people are stanning lowtax here

I'm not defending Lowtax because I don't know him very well at all, it's just weird how you expect us to take your posts as fact with zero evidence.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

site posted:

Tbh im not sure why anyone would take a look at how lowtax has thrown tantrums since basically forever and not immediately be like yeah that sounds like him but :shrug:

You are so completely full of delusional poo poo and just making bollocks up constantly that you better pray Lowtax never actually sees it because your dumbass would probably be right on the next train to Bansville.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
You know what I'm not gonna spend my entire day on this, I just told y'all what happened and believe me or don't

Sentinel Red posted:

You are so completely full of delusional poo poo and just making bollocks up constantly that you better pray Lowtax never actually sees it because your dumbass would probably be right on the next train to Bansville.

I know you reported me for talking about the dustup with koalasmarch you're just a Nazi

zoux posted:

I don't get why people with 10k posts on a forum are so keen on it closing down but I also don't get why people with thousands of hours playing WoW are desperate for it to fail.

Don't you have some posters to paperbag test or something

I like having somewhere to talk comics but lol if you think that means I have to like everything that admins and mods do

site fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 5, 2017

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe
Edit: I forgot, we have a recommendation thread. I'll take this there to avoid cluttering this thread.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

site posted:

You know what I'm not gonna spend my entire day on this, I just told y'all what happened and believe me or don't

I know you reported me for talking about the dustup with koalasmarch you're just a Nazi

Don't you have some posters to paperbag test or something

I like having somewhere to talk comics but lol if you think that means I have to like everything that admins and mods do

Sheathe your katana honorable warrior I was talking generally

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Zoro posted:

Edit: I forgot, we have a recommendation thread. I'll take this there to avoid cluttering this thread.

Yeah, you wouldn't want to derail this great conversation.

Totally unrelated to this...

I read my son an absolute ton of Usagi Yojimbo over the summer but we kind of burned out on that, so we've switched over to Amulet. Almost done the series now, and I'm really not sure why this happens to be the series that Scholastic picked up. Obviously it's a pretty kid friendly story, but the art is really amateurish and the story isn't anything spectacular. For some reason I associated Scholastic comics with a higher level of quality just because of the impact that has on their sales / mainstream success.

On that note, doing Bone next. I've read it to him once before, but that was years ago before he actually paid attention to what I was reading to him.

(he's almost 9, and a smart kid, but he's got a learning disability that severely impairs his ability to read, so reading comics is a great way to read with him. He often takes the books back away after and attempts to read them on his own too, which is really nice to see.)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

zoux posted:

Sheathe your katana honorable warrior I was talking generally

Lol sure

Jordan7hm posted:

(he's almost 9, and a smart kid, but he's got a learning disability that severely impairs his ability to read, so reading comics is a great way to read with him. He often takes the books back away after and attempts to read them on his own too, which is really nice to see.)

That's really cool. I have a coworker with a child who has trouble reading I might have to suggest using comics I hadn't thought of that. I hope he enjoys bone the second time around

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

For what it's worth, site was telling the truth about what happened with me and Lowtax. It's still live in Negrotown, you can read it yourself from when he modded to demodded me. He demodded me on MLK day lmao.

He & I are totally cool now though, for the record.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

Lowtax simply isn't capable of doing whatever happened to ZDR's account.

ZDR did it himself.

Source: ZDR

Now if you want to talk forum nonsense further then QCS is listed prominently on the front page.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Man I feel so out of the loop when it comes to SA stuff. I just come to this forum to enjoy discussing comic book stuff with people who like comic book things. Also my hot take: comics are the worst.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Koalas March posted:

For what it's worth, site was telling the truth about what happened with me and Lowtax. It's still live in Negrotown, you can read it yourself from when he modded to demodded me. He demodded me on MLK day lmao.

He & I are totally cool now though, for the record.

Then I apologise to you and Site (the latter can get still get hosed for the Nazi jab tho). I was going by the original thread where Lowtax - not FAU - was asking the posters in that thread for new mod suggestions, everyone nominated you and he went with it. I was unaware about any subsequent demodding and when I see you posting, you're still a mod so I just put it down to Site doing their usual crazy conspiracy poo poo.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, wow, it's been long enough since I read those Emily Carroll strips that they should all be fresh if I re-read them now. They're all great and anyone should try them who hasn't.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

zoux posted:

Stan Lee no!

The guy, in question, is Marvel's accountant. Thus, technically having worked on every major comic, at least for Marvel. Odd to put him on art, though.

This is a joke.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I assume he means every major comic company but I'm going to willfully and gladly not give him the benefit of the doubt so I can make fun of him, because he sucks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

His name is Mark Trade and he told us you can find his name in the fine print on any comic you pickup.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Aphrodite posted:

His name is Mark Trade and he told us you can find his name in the fine print on any comic you pickup.

I read this as Mark Trail and was like, drat, that's a get.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Teenage Fansub posted:

Happy 50th birthday, Rob Liefeld! <3<3

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Imagining Rob Liefeld as fifty goddamn years old feels as wrong to me as imagining Leslie Nielsen with dark hair.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Punisher was supposed to be announced for mid October at NYCC but they pushed it back to later in the fall because they don't want to glorify mass murder in these sensitive times.

On a completely unrelated note.
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/916317209017937920

Or perhaps the head of Northrop is about to have a come to Jesus moment and realize he should devote his genius at making weapons into helping mankind. Perhaps with some kind of super armor.

zoux fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 6, 2017

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's a nap gun they're all resting.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The result is a fricken kid aimed promo comic

and recruitment ads like these

Cool!

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Teenage Fansub posted:

The result is a fricken kid aimed promo comic

and recruitment ads like these

Cool!

Uh, what??

This is an alley of comics I've never explored--are there lots of weird cross-promotional things like this out there?

The Northrop Grumman Elite Nexus, seriously?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

A Strange Aeon posted:

Uh, what??

This is an alley of comics I've never explored--are there lots of weird cross-promotional things like this out there?

The Northrop Grumman Elite Nexus, seriously?

Yes, but it's usually for things like fast food chains, car manufacturers, late night talk shows, and other non-war-crime-committing businesses.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Lurdiak posted:

Yes, but it's usually for things like fast food chains, car manufacturers, late night talk shows, and other non-war-crime-committing businesses.

Yeah, that leaves a pretty bad taste in the mouth.

But are the regular consumer goods promotional comics funny? It seems like it'd be a ripe vein of funny panels. I've seen that one KFC Green Lantern thing, I just didn't know how prevalent the practice was.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I heard the KFC/Green Lantern ones are pretty funny.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

A Strange Aeon posted:

But are the regular consumer goods promotional comics funny? It seems like it'd be a ripe vein of funny panels. I've seen that one KFC Green Lantern thing, I just didn't know how prevalent the practice was.

They range from mediocre to hilariously absurd.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Just bring back Fruit Pie ads

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

A Strange Aeon posted:

I can't really answer that, since they're not the kind of things I pick up. I guess the one where Superman and Jared from Subway team up is funny in retrospect. I can tell you that the PSA comics I've read are generally funny, or at least really weird and interesting.

Roth posted:

Just bring back Fruit Pie ads

Oh yeah, those were golden.

And spongy.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

And while we're at it: Ads promising a really cool thing for really cheap if you just mail in the cut out with $5, and similar promotions.

I have now saved the comic book industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Y'know I've got a 40 years of Avengers DVD sitting around somewhere, and the PDFs in that scanned the ads in. I could probably make a thread about weird comic book ads sometime.

• Locked thread