Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Happy 50th birthday, Rob Liefeld! <3<3

A Strange Aeon posted:

Anyone who has passed on Moore's Swamp Thing for some reason should really check it out, it's essential.

It is, but that's not from his run, is it? I don't remember that.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The result is a fricken kid aimed promo comic

and recruitment ads like these

Cool!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

A Strange Aeon posted:

Why's that, exactly?

The whole point of the series is for one set of creators to set up a deathtrap that the next has to figure a way out of.
Anticipation is a big part of it. Kinda like the '60's Batman TV show taunting kids at the end.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That issue's pretty famous.
Marvel did a month of silent comics as a tribute http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/%27Nuff_Said

I've only encountered 'em in going through New X-Men and X-Statix.
Next time there's a slow release week, I might resub to Marvel Unlimited and try going through them all.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Oct 14, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Some of them (Cable) are pretty poo poo.

Good thing you can read a comic without words in about a minute and a half.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Not to be a spoil sport, but I find it real weird that there's a network of people adopting all the SG social media handles and posting in character who aren't Ryan North or whatever Marvel PR folks.

edit: Yo. If you need a movie to watch this weekend, make it The Meyerowitz Stories on Netflix. Film of the year. Easily. Punch Drunk Love level Sandler. Trust.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Oct 15, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The SG one linking to a fan Tumblr leads me to think it's not.

Haha. I should have read more than a sentence into the blog description. Never mind.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Are you British? Is this a British thing like when a bunch of people didn't think Squirrel Girl rhymed?

*adjusts monocle* "Squehrel Gehrel"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/HackinTimSeeley/status/923011355086675969

• Locked thread