Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I care not what your notions of what constitutes royalty are, know that I am your better. You will show due respect.

Who Changed you? Who is important to you? Who shaped your childhood, who inspired you to be who you are? Why do you respect them?

I am the adopted daughter of Dread Mistress of the Moonless Dark, Carmilnir. The dragon. The vampire dragon. I trust you are already aware of her legend. Well it's all nonsense anyway. She's actually not that sore about not being invited to the accord. It amused her that no messenger brave enough to delve into her domain surfaced in time. It was then that she took an interest in humans. Which leads to the most misunderstood thing about Carmilnir, the blood price.

Now, a more traditional version of it is exacted when her hand is forced and her flock is being threatened. As a rule she tries not to work up an appetite and suck her territory dry. This is where the tribute plays a part. Carmilnir appreciates gold and trinkets like any dragon. But a truly ancient being such as her has seen most of what the world has to offer. Only the most rare and esoteric treasures capture her fancy. The blood paid is not spilled, but it is someone offered to her service. Well offered is perhaps the wrong word for it. These days she selects her servants.

I saw her at the edge of town in the night. Carmilnir had taken a human form. It is... beyond words. The grandeur of her towering magnificence concentrated into such a- Ahem. Well it was a rare blessing to behold the sight. The next thing I knew I was in the volcano lair and she was explaining how I was now an heir to dragons and would one day expand her hoard. Since then I trained and was imbued with magical prowess. Carmilnir is an excellent teacher. Gentle and patient. But stern and forceful. Every simple movement of hers exudes raw power and grace. She is an inspiration and everything I aspire to.

How did you escape from them? Who, outside the team, tries to take care of you now?

To be honest I have no completed my training. I grew bored. And annoyed with the other heirs. The princes are all simpletons at best. Sure their studiousness is fine, most apply their magical talents in more academic disciplines. They are just so unbearable to talk to. They disgust me. Intolerable is how flattering they are to me. Their saccharine sweet act is tedious.

So I left. Well obviously it wasn't that simple. Carmilnir protects her investments. I had help. Xiao Xiang Tatara. Yes she is... not from around here.

She is a treasure Carmilnir collected from far away. An abandoned umbrella that absorbed so much negativity at being abandoned it produced a vengeful spirit to posses it. Yes it think it is quite a remarkable occurrence. A spirit of pure grudge not produced from a previous life. Well she like myself tired of being couped up in Carmilnir's lair. So she devised a prank that we would escape and go out on a lark for our own amusement.

Since then we've stayed close together. Honestly, I believe she intends to blame me if Carmilnir comes for us. Ironically I suspect this because she has made sure to have her continued presence be valuable to me. It was her who connected to the organization with which I might apply my talents.

Why do you try to be a hero? Why do you care about the team?

Well, to protect many people is what Carmilnir does, does she not? I suppose you might call it extortion. But a guardian should be compensated, should she not? Speaking of compensation, I hope this will be a good opportunity to find a great treasure. If I return with one she won't be mad right. I'll prove I am ready to see the world and expand her hoard early.

If they can keep up with me I shall be impressed. I will give them the chance to. I respect their audacity in thinking they even can. But, even if they may be my peers I will make them know I am their better. There are hierarchies within hierarchies. A baroness is above a margravine, but they are all nobles. It is a simple concept. Even peasantry understand it.

Who terrifies you, and why? What race scares you the most, be it Man, Magic, or Monster?

Ha! Terrify is a rather strong word to describe anything I feel! Very well I shall humor you. I wish never to meet another dragon. Carmilnir is estranged from her kin obviously. I do not know if dragon heirs is a typical practice. But I have the gnawing feeling that other dragons or their heirs would not take kindly to the vampiric matron's talon within their sight. I'm confident in my abilities, but another heir would not have the disadvantageous against me everyone else does.

Hrmph. Well I suppose there are creatures I find unsettling. Those of a demonic nature especially those that alter their appearance. When they attempt to be appealing I just feel strange. They are beautiful of course. But it's off. I can feel the falseness of it all I suppose? It is disorienting and off putting. It is a shoddy magic compared to my mistress' clearly. The insidious nature of demons make it no better. Every word feels like a trap. I am left on edge.

Who does something in this City - be it running a cool hangout, running the government, or running a gang, that you care about?

Well there is one demon I do like.

Despite her crass nature. She seems forthright. Despite the nature of her organization. Well... it's complicated as most things are yes? The Pit Vipers are a gang. But they concern themselves mostly with ensuring demons are treated right in the city. Which I respect. Only a few races of demon signed the accord. And they are regarded poorly due to their cousins. They don't cause *much* trouble. I'm not going to concern myself with petty vice peddling for sure.

Who in the school, teacher, staff, or student is notable to you?

Ms. Steele has a curious knowledge of dragons. Even more intriguing is she seems to be in charge of the academy's vault. Items that are too dangerous I believe is the given reason for the lock down. But I know vaults are for treasure.

quote:

Octavia Stuvos Carmilnir
thrall Heir to Dragons

Woman, Calloused Hands, Baggy clothing, over the top costume

Superhumanly tough, incredibly strong, and uniquely skilled at fighting. By invoking the spirit of the dragon resting within her heart. Instead of a firey or such display Octavia's aura explodes into one of death and malice. Monstrous visages of ki bleed off of her.

FREAK +1
DANGER +2
SAVIOR 0
SUPERIOR +1
MUNDANE -1

You’ve got a head you don’t need: When you provoke someone with obvious threats and shows of force, roll + Danger instead of +Superior.

Punch everyone: Whenever you charge into a fight without hedging your bets, you can shift your Danger up and any other Label down.

When our team first came together...
We defeated a dangerous enemy. Who or what was it?
Relationships
_______________ is your love. You’ve opened up to them about the worst parts of your past.
_______________ is your rival. They tried to control you at a crucial moment.
Influence
You’re selective about who you let in. Give your love and rival Influence over you, but that’s it.

Moment of Truth
This is what you do best. You let loose, all the pent up strength and rage and glee, and you break
whatever stands in your way. You are a walking demolition crew. What can stand up to you?
Nothing. Not buildings. Not structures. Not enemies. Nothing. Of course, now the people who
changed you know exactly where to find you...

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, make them your love or rival
immediately to mark potential. If they are already your love or rival, take Influence over them and
mark potential.
When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, give them Influence and hold 2. Spend
that hold to help them as if it were Team in the pool.

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Octavia

What do you struggle with most, in the Librarium? What do you excel at - besides fighting. If you never got chosen to gain a Dragon's power, what do you think you would have done with your life? If Carmilnir decided she wanted to destroy the Accord, would you be tempted to follow her, or are your ties to her fully severed now that you have become bored of her? Besides fighting skill, what do you look for in people before you'll befriend them? Have you ever felt like maybe you got away too easily?

Rescue operation lessons I suppose. I understand that as guardians we will be engaging enemies with hostages or some such. But does holding back not endanger the hostage as well as all of us? It is simply prudent to try to take down the enemy as fast as possible when other factors like that could cause distractions. But they would rather I waste time with negotiations and other nonsense. Really all lessons pertaining to interaction seem ridiculous. Are peasants really so obnoxious as suggested in the lessons? I don't recall being so... ugh. The search in the search and rescue I am much better at. It's only natural after all. I am a treasure hunter. And no accounting for taste the victim is someone's treasure. So I take great pride in being able to locate them.

Oh my. I shutter to think. I suppose I would help around the farm until I got married and then helped around that farm. Absolutely dreadful. I wasn't very interested in such a trajectory even then. The idea of running away was always on the back of my mind. But what would I do? Perhaps a minstrel of sorts? I was a popular dancer at the harvest festival. I use such grace in my martial art if you have not been graced to witness it, by the way. Hmm yes I think I would have been a dancer. It is without my impressive arcane might, which suits me, but I think my skill would not be wasted.

B-bored of her?! Of course not! I was merely bored of the training. I wish to prove myself to her by producing a grand treasure for her hoard. Please never say such things again, in such a loud voice. If Carmilnir stood against the accord I would follow her of course. I mean, how could I not? I might suggest she reconsider. If I find any proles in this motley crew to my liking I will certainly suggest to them they join me. I'm not sure why she would seek to destroy the accord though. Do you think, they will attempt to pool their power against the dragons? O-of course not. They could only take out one at a time and that would warn the others. It would never work. So it would never come to pass that I would have to choose between my team and Carmilnir anyway! Haha! What a mean prank you play with such questions. Do you ask everyone such things? Well worry not! As Carmilnir's beloved heir I will surely prove the worth of the accord to her and thus prevent such a hypothetical from ever happening! She would never take up such a trifle anyway. The accord is massive and she doesn't like to work up an appetite. She would rely on serv-

W-well it was Tatara's idea that I join the accord. It would be the fastest way to get a great treasure to return with. Carmilnir probably has one of her other, more tedious, heirs looking for me as we speak. I'm sure Carmilnir hasn't had to worry about her own hoard plotting to steal itself away from her, so it will be much harder next time. So Tatara is making sure we get the most out of this. Yes that must be it. Honestly I haven't thought to ask. She is always explaining herself and the explanation makes sense. It wouldn't be wise to lie to me anyway! I could snap her like the twig that she actually is. She isn't much of a fighter. She needs me way more than I need her! Breaching my trust would be very dire for someone in her position I assure so. And she's too clever to do something so dumb. Yes, clearly.

That's why we get along. She has a good head on her shoulders. I tolerate weaklings. Hell, I almost like them if they know their place. It is simpletons and overconfident fools I cannot stand. That is why I could not stand my fellow heirs. They treated me like some delicate princess. What a bunch of arrogant fools. I am their equal. Hell, I'm better than them! Bunch of meatheads. It's always men isn't it? Never thinking with their heads. How can people so smart be so stupid? It must be a lack of grace. All men lack grace. It's common knowledge! Such clumsy brutish things are tedious.

• Locked thread