Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

PriChan gets REAL when the system fails due to overload of likes, and Miracle Kiratts can't get the magic-ish coord change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

:same:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

As the world knows, I love live. Perhaps you're mystified by this. Perhaps you've never seen the anime. Perhaps you simply haven't awakened the power. Perhaps you're simply wanting to refresh yourself before the upcoming movie, like myself and fellow idolaters.

Whatever the case, you are cordially invited to join for a marathon stream of Love Live! Sunshine!! on New Year's Day! Both seasons + MVs + anything else I can dig up. Looking at 10-11 hours. Whatever, you're not working anyway.

The movie's out on the 4th in Japan. God willing, we'll get it in theaters over here in reasonable time.

January 1st, 2019, 12pm PST/3pm EST/8 pm UST at https://cytu.be/r/super_idol_time

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Idolw@tch! Tomorrow! Normal time (1pm PST/4pm EST/9pm UST, with the pregame starting a bit before) and place!

Since we have a bit of an interseasonal lull, with zombidols over but winter things still a bit away, I'm going to slot in Idol Defense Force Hummingbird.

Wikipedia posted:

One day in the near future, the Japanese Self-Defense Force decides to transfer the command (and financing) of their air force to private companies and investors. Most reject the idea as a joke, but some show business-oriented companies catch up on the idea, spawning the birth of a new type of idol: the so-called "Idol Pilots", celebrity combat pilots.

The five Toreishi sisters, Kanna, Yayoi, Satsuki, Uzuki and Mina, are teenage idol singers who are collectively known as The Hummingbirds. They are also one of the ace fighter pilot squadrons in the Japanese military. When they aren't saving the world from major overseas threats, they are on stage in frilly dresses, pursuing their idol career. This is the story of how they came to be Japan's most successful idol group and their first line of defense.

Sounds a silly bit of '90s fun to me! It's four 50-minute OVAs, so I'll probably just put it in for weeks where we're otherwise short, due to shows not airing/having subs/whatever. I think they're connected but self-contained, so it shouldn't be a big deal if we go some time between.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
No, I haven't gotten idoled out, I just forgot to post!

Idols!

We're starting Band Dream season 2, finishing up VOICE OF FOX, and I'm gonna throw in e2 of Idol Defense Force Hummingbird. We're done with skellington shopkeep, so I have something else, similarly-sized, lined up for the prewatch.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Bring your blades and come join us, today at 1pm PST/4pm EST/9pm UTC, at https://cytu.be/r/super_idol_time!

I will RIOT if we don't get Aya first ep

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Band Dream

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
アイドル!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Bring your blades and come join us, Sunday at 1pm PST/4pm EST/9pm UTC, at https://cytu.be/r/super_idol_time!

VOICE OF FOX is over! and the boys never teamed up...

Taking its place is the mermaid idol show, which is apparently called Bermuda Triangle - Colorful Pastrale!

I know nothing about other than it's a spinoff of Cardfight Vanguard (based on one of the factions in the card game, I think) and dav posted some caps in the discord and apparently things operate on spongebob physics. But! Idols!

We're keepin' on keepin' on with Pripara, AiFriends, and the Milkies, and Band Dream s2 will continue to disappoint us with its visuals.

I'm putting in Miss Monochrome for short between the long-runners and the rest. Pols says it's good. The titular character is an android who wants to be an idol, and was created (the character, not the android in-universe) and voiced by prolific voice actress Horie Yui, known principally for playing Yukiho in Xenoglossia.

For the prew@tch I'm throwing in... OK, I haven't actually decided yet. But I will! Join us! Idols!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Just found this open in a tab in preview. Pretend I posted it last night:

Idols!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Bring your blades and come join us, Sunday at 1pm PST/4pm EST/9pm UTC, at https://cytu.be/r/super_idol_time!

Too early to tell if Pastrale is any good, but we'll find out! Pregame is this season's Endro - a full-length show, so the prewatch is back to being ~25 minutes before.

See y'all in ~13 hours!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Idols!
https://twitter.com/aibaaiai/status/1089134842644578304
Truly, such beauty and grace were not meant for this filthy world.

Anyways, idolwatch! Tomorrow! Normal idol time, normal idol place!

The mermaid show's on thin ice. I'mma give it another ep, but if it continues to underwhelm, I think I might swap it out for something from idoldeas.txt. Maybe Natsuiro Kiseki? Tempted to throw on OG Aikatsu, but that'd make 4 eps of long-running stuff a week, which seems like a bit much. Suggestions welcome.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
https://twitter.com/anime_kaguya/status/1089175125105303553

Not quite an idol but this ED reminded me of the dancing and singing in Zombie Land Saga.

E:This is probably because ZLS is still the only idol anime I've watched- I've got some on my queue now just haven't gotten to them.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
That's such a good loving ED. I'm glad it blew up.

But! Idols!

https://twitter.com/ng_suzuki3/status/1091690754383085569

The w@tch is on as normal tomorrow at 1pm PST/4pm EST/9pm UTC! I'm very excited for the pasupare ep of bandori s2. Mermaidols is still underwhelming, but I think I still want to watch. However, I understand why others might not, so I'm going to move it to the very end. Those not interested are allowed to tune out, after the OP.

For the record, then, the lineup this week is:
  • pregame: Endro e4
  • Pripara e73-74
  • Aikatsu Friends e42
  • Miss Monochrome e4
  • Milky Holmes s2 e12 - the thrilling conclusion to s2!
  • Band Dream s3 e5 - the pasupare ep!!!!!!!
  • Bermuda Triangle - Colorful Pastrale e4

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Idols... Idols!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The w@tch is on as normal tomorrow at 1pm PST/4pm EST/9pm UTC!

We got something called Milky Holmes Alternative lined up, which, by the name, is probably related to Milky Holmes. We'll find out!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
it's late, and I don't have time for a proper post, but idols are happening, assuming google gets its poo poo together

e: skipping Milky Holmes Alternative 2, since 1 was thoroughly mediocre, and going to s3 (futari wa) e1

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Watch PriChan.
https://0x0.st/zi8u.webm

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Futari wa Milky Holmes is better than Alternative, at least. Gonna continue with two of its half eps a week, for now.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Also here's some cute priparas
https://twitter.com/macaron_panda13/status/1098234616652021760

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/lunar_pilot/status/1100761005590831104

I know nothing about this show or idols but you can probably say they were indeed inspired.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

But! Since most of this thread is just posting the weekly stream, and we have a thread for streaming sessions, I've decided to take this off life support. For other idol chat, I direct you to the anime idol rhythm game thread, which despite the name has long since doubled as the general idol thread.

Alternatively, if there's anyone here who isn't already there, there's ample idol discussion in the unofficial ADTRW discord server, so come join!

Let us all remember the idolocalypse of 2018 for the joy and idols it brought into our lives.

Idols!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Please, the idolocalypse will never end

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Does this mean we don’t have to watch aikatsu now

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Strange Quark posted:

Does this mean we don’t have to watch aikatsu now

that is absolutely not what this means

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Look at her go!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
oreos has been drinking...

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I was lazy about making gifs but I finally got around to it!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Reminder of best Mom on mother's day!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
<3 wakamom. I'm gonna marry her after she divorces that rear end.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
:siren: :siren: Love Live Sushine - Over the Rainbow movie watch :siren: :siren:

We're looking to stream Over the Rainbow ahead of 5L and AX for anyone who hasn't yet seen it! Come join us over at https://cytu.be/r/super_idol_time 18:00 PDT/21:00 EDT.

Be there or be square :greencube:

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Is Aikatsu a thing in China? Because last week might not have been the best time to air an episode featuring civil disobedience and people protesting in a public square.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Card grab update!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tamba posted:

Is Aikatsu a thing in China? Because last week might not have been the best time to air an episode featuring civil disobedience and people protesting in a public square.

They censored Pretty Rhythm eps when they aired them in Korea, so maybe there's something like that too for Aikatsu in China.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

They censored Pretty Rhythm eps when they aired them in Korea, so maybe there's something like that too for Aikatsu in China.

gently caress you Korea.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

What content did they object to?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

CrazySalamander posted:

What content did they object to?

They basically wrote around a couple hooking up, where it came across as a surprise for Koreans when the movie acknowledged that cause their version of the story ended with that couple not dating. Also

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Red flash is amazing

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

They basically wrote around a couple hooking up, where it came across as a surprise for Koreans when the movie acknowledged that cause their version of the story ended with that couple not dating. Also

gently caress you Korea.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
King of Prism is amazing.

Now everyone watch Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live like I keep telling you too!

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Allarion posted:

King of Prism is amazing.

Now everyone watch Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live like I keep telling you too!

DO IT

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can’t believe we’re gonna have to force erg, taser, space, and zep to sit through all of Rainbow Live in our ax hotel room

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

Can’t believe we’re gonna have to force erg, taser, space, and zep to sit through all of Rainbow Live in our ax hotel room

What the.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Card grab update!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
More card grab!