Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Namtab posted:

Mimura kanako?

She might show up again for S2

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I'm imagining they have a very precisely placed camera pointed at their phone, which only has a speaker to the right of the camera.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It's pretty uncommon because idol ages skew younger so it doesn't make sense for them to have had a different job, certainly not one that they've already sunk years into. It feels like SideM leans on that factor harder than the others anyway, though.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

This looked better in my head than the actual result, but I'm not letting this effort go to waste.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

are you counting the new MLs?

Imagine there's a small spike at 23 and 17 is slightly higher.

fake million lives

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Paracelsus posted:

Im@s is way better when being silly than it is when being serious, and SideM seems almost entirely serious.

It's probably doing SideM a disservice to count the Jupiter episode towards the tone of the show overall since it was more of a 'hey, remember Jupiter? this is why they're in SideM now instead of still doing their own thing' thing, though it's hard to tell what they really want to do this early either way.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I needed to show them all on the same chart, though

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Isn't it actually a section on their bio? Side M seems proud of the wide array of careers they've snagged people from. Whereas in everything else, there's maybe a throwaway line about how they were a dancer or model or something. CG in particular seems to be pretty big on snagging people from other idol-like jobs.

I have no idea what the game actually looks like, I don't even have it installed. That fits with the impression I have, though.

🤔

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Yep, right there on their profiles lol.

That's certainly something to have on your resume

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Revolver Bunker posted:

I want to get into im@s music but I'm not sure where to start. I have a place where I can buy a lot of different compilation albums but I'm not sure which one to get. I see ones called The IdolM@ster 765 Pro All Stars+ Greatest Best and there are 3 different versions of it. Along with a ton of other albums. Any suggestions on where I should start?

Those are pretty good collections, though that's assuming you do want 765 Pro (original im@s, anime was in 2011) and not Cinderella Girls (mobile games, anime was in 2015) which is what you're more likely to have heard for 'im@s music' in recent years.

The Greatest Best albums are from 2013 and they cover the more popular 765 Pro songs up to that time.

Chill la Chill posted:

There's an idol discord? If it's about memeposting i'm in

Invited

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I got two of those 2x15 albums for 3000 yen each so they're pretty reasonable but prices for single releases do tend to be more problematic, at least when new.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I'm glad SideM ticked all the important im@s training episode boxes

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/945066825888423937

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIUP5dzOXxU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Ah, forgot to get my vote in for Idol Incidents

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Looks like I have to boycott idolwatch now

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

blossommirage posted:

Also I guess there were horses, people say they do idol stuff, but I think this is probably a really elaborate prank.

It's funny that they kind of made a thing of the post-race performances, particularly in some game promos, but they just throw it in a few times in the anime and otherwise forget about it (probably rightly). There's a mini-live in S2, which is probably the most idol thing that happens besides that.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

wow, it's even the same outfit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

This is a total unknown to me, but it has two key things going for it: A) it's shorter than Xenoglossia, and B) it's not Xenoglossia.

Unfortunate but on the other hand I didn't like my chances of staying awake for a 26-episode show when I have work on Tuesday.