Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Yeah your reasonable proposals are one where you trade the outlawing of something that is already being outlawed for repealing a bill that's been around for decades and isn't going anywhere, and one that sounds like a good answer in abstract and then is violently opposed by the forum every time anyone tries to flesh it out into any level of detail.

I don't personally support banning 10+rd magazines, so going "but statistics" at me is going to work even less than it's ever worked on the people who do want them banned, which is not at all.

What are you actually talking about? What's the point? All that I'm getting from you is that the anti-gun people are unreasonable and don't actually know what they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017
NRA shill who thinks homeless people would love to live in migrant border camps. Help me realize I am a bigoted piece of shit.

Statistically, it's handguns that should be illegal.

That is statistically fine if you statistically remove all of the ones from actual criminals first and do not remove the ones that statistically are used in self defense from law abiding citizens.

edit: or again, end the drug war.

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 31, 2018

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Handguns with an integrated, nondetachable white cowboy hat are permissible.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

By the power vested in me by random musings in tmt... I proclaim you guilty of crustophilia!

(NPR) State Releases Videos Made By Parkland, Fla., Shooting Defendant

quote:

"My name is Nik. And I'm to be the next school shooter of 2018. My goal is at least 20 people with an AR-15 and a couple of tracer rounds."
Hmmm I wonder where all these kids are getting ideas to shoot up schools? Certainly it's not because they know they will get famous and plastered all over the news for months.

quote:

Law enforcement officials say Cruz tried to shoot from inside the building into the courtyard but was unable to penetrate the school's impact-resistant glass.
Tell me again how an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

tbh that sounds like a Steam achievement

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017
NRA shill who thinks homeless people would love to live in migrant border camps. Help me realize I am a bigoted piece of shit.

tbh that sounds like a Steam achievement

Sadly this may be the way shooters are viewing things now.
How often are the leaderboards plastered in the media?

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Hasselblad posted:

Sadly this may be the way shooters are viewing things now.
How often are the leaderboards plastered in the media?

This is absolutely a factor. Asking them to voluntarily stop doing it is unfair because they haven't been offered commensurate compensation for the relinquishment of liberty-essential property that the 1A protects. The government could maybe offer a buyback for the reporting of mass shootings, but it couldn't be compulsory, because of all the cases where the reporting of mass shooting actually did some good in the world, as maybe 0.0000001% of people that watch footage of mass shootings go on to do them.

Pamela Springstein
Aug 10, 2016

just wanted to be
a happy camper

Spree shootings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Ok, looks like we're back to the circular firing squad phase of this discussion.

If someone wants to crank out an effort post and try to keep this straggling along go for it, otherwise I'm going to close the thread again sometime tonight.

• Locked thread