Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Post
  • Reply
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007


The tunnels under Nuln are vast and extensive - enough that the humans have never penetrated far below the sewers, have never found all the things below. That's good, because it means that you should be safe from patrols this deep down. On the other hand, none of you have ever actually been to Nuln before, and the place is a maze even for Skaven. You think you must have gotten lost at some point in the past hour. Clearly this is someone else's fault. You are, however, certainly somewhere below the city. That much is obvious. Reaching the part where your fellow Skaven live should, therefore, be possible.

The constant dripping noises aren't helping. They echo around you all the time, constantly. Everything smells of poo poo, though that might just be Scooter's cart. You haven't managed to lose that, though some of the smaller tunnels were tricky. The tunnel has split into three now. One leads upwards, and has some kind of liquid sliding down it. This also smells of poo poo. It would be irritating to get the cart uphill, but maybe you could leave that to the slave. His name is Pushs-Lots, after all. There are faintly echoing sounds, hard to make out, coming from the upward tunnel. Another leads downward, and amazingly, it does not stink quite so badly. That'd be easy to push the shitcart down, at least. The air coming from that tunnel smells stale, perhaps a bit burnt. The last tunnel that isn't the one you came through arcs around in a wide curve to the right. You can faintly hear something down it, and the area looks slightly more well-traveled than the others.

At least your supplies lasted you long enough to get here. The bad news is that they won't last much longer. If you don't find something to eat soon, you may be forced to consider Scooter's cart.

Perception checks may give more information about what's going on around you; however, due to the shitcart, any scent-based checks will be at -10%. This mostly applies to the downward tunnel, which is largely silent. Please post your sheets or a link to them in your first post.

The Horned Rat's favor roll will come when I get a number from everyone. Currently, I have not gotten a number from: grassy gnoll

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at Oct 2, 2017 around 16:02

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012



pre:
Name: Skikkik of the Black Chasm
Race: Common Skaven
Clan: Eshin
Career: Night Runner
Fur: Dark Brown

Character Profile
Primary   : | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL|
Starting  : | 36 | 31 | 39 | 34 | 36 | 32  | 23 | 15 |
Advances  : | 10 | 10 | 00 | 05 | 10 | 00  | 05 | 00 |
Taken     : | 00 | 10 | 00 | 00 | 10 | 00  | 05 | 00 |
Current  :  | 36 | 41 | 39 | 34 | 46 | 32  | 28 | 15 |

Secondary : | A  | W  | SB | TB | M  | MAG | IP | FP |
Starting  : | 1  | 10 | 3  | 3  | 6  | 0   | 0  | 1  |
Advances  : | 0  | 02 | -  | -  | -  | 0   | -  | -  |
Taken     : | 0  | 00 | -  | -  | -  | -   | 0  | -  |
Current   : | 1  | 10 | 3  | 3  | 6  | 0   | 0  | 1  |

Skills
Common Knowledge (Skaven) +10
Concealment + 10
Dodge Blow
Navigation
Outdoor Survival
Perception +10
Scale Sheer Surface
Silent Move + 10
Speak Language (Queekish)
Swim

Talents
Fleet-Footed - +1 to base movement profile
Night Vision - 30 yard vision in non-total darkness
Orientation - +10% to Navigation skill tests
Rover - +10% to Concealment and Silent Move in rural locations
Specialist Weapon Group (Throwing)
Tunnel Rat - +10% to Concealment and Silent Move in underground locations

Trappings
Leather Jerkin
Hand Weapon (2)
Throwing Stars (4)
Warpstone Tokens (2)
Pants
A tattered cloak
"This-this makes no sense. Must have given us a bad-bad map. Copied by a slave, must have been." Skikkik chitters in annoyance as he holds the map up to his nose with one paw, the other paw tracing the route they had taken. "Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right... should-should have been at the Undernuln three branchings ago..."

Navigation vs 42: 1d100 16

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

Coming from the deeps of the Frankenwald to haunt you

Ruuk

"Why would trust slave with making map? Too important to be left to slave. Slave good for work-work, not think-work." Ruuk stops himself from outright saying that letting slaves make or copy maps is stupid, but the sentiment certainly comes through in the tone of his voice.

"Man-things live up. We have to go to man-things, we have to go up, no?" Ruuk muses, although he doesn't quite trust the simplicity of his own statement. He crawls into the upward tunnel and tries to make out the sounds coming from down this path.

Perception (Hearing) vs. 48: 1d100 29

Hostile V
May 30, 2013

Oh, I am gonna spank that monkey!


quote:

Name: Nackle Fleshbrine
Race: Common Skaven
Clan: Skaul
Career: Clanrat
Fur: Chocolate brown

Character Profile
Primary : | WS | BS | S | T | AG | INT | WP | FEL|
Starting : | 27 | 31 | 35 | 36 | 30 | 28 | 28 | 25 |
Advances : | 05 | 05 | 00 | 00 | 05 | 00 | 05 | 00 |
Taken : | 05 | 05 | 00 | 00 | 05 | 00 | 05 | 00 |
Current : | 32 | 36 | 35 | 36 | 35 | 28 | 31 | 25 |

Secondary : | A | W | SB | TB | M | MAG | IP | FP |
Starting : | 1 | 10 | 3 | 3 | 5 | 0 | 0 | 1 |
Advances : | - | 02 | - | - | - | - | - | - |
Taken : | - | 01 | - | - | - | - | - | - |
Current : | 1 | 11 | 3 | 5 | 6 | 0 | 0 | 0 |

Skills
Common Knowledge (Skaven) +10
Concealment + 10
Silent Move + 10
Perception +10
Speak Language (Queekish)
Swim
Outdoor Survival
Scale Sheer Surface

Talents
Night Vision - 30 yard vision in non-total darkness
Tunnel Rat - +10% to Concealment and Silent Move in underground locations
Resistance to Poison: +10% to resisting poison
Specialist Weapon Group (Sling)

Trappings
Leather Jack and Skullcap
Hand Weapon (2) (sord and half-sharp half-blunt trash thing)
Sling
Shield
Pants
A tattered once-white cloak

Advances taken: WS, BS, AG, WP, 1 x Wound

Nackle shakes her head. "No no! Man-things later, first we find other Skaven, yis? Thought this was first step of glorious mission. Water from up smells like Scooter's cart, must be sewers of Nuln. Down? Never go down. Down smells bad, yis. Safe option middle, Skaven option middle, yis."

Nackle attempts to creep up on the middle path and slowly peek her head around the corner all stealthy-like to see what she can see.

Silent Move vs. 40: 01 (or at least I think that's what happens when you roll a 10 in the tens place) http://orokos.com/roll/555058

Perception vs. 38: 48 http://orokos.com/roll/555059

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Fan of Britches

Sparg

pre:
Name: Sparg of Miragliano
Career: Tradesrat
Clan: Pestilens

Characteristics     
Primary   : | WS | BS |  S |  T | AG | IN | WP | FE |
Starting  : | 31 | 27 | 30 | 37 | 44 | 42 | 33 | 30 |
Advance   : |    |    |  5 |  5 | 10 |  5 | 10 |    |
Taken     : |    |    |    |  5 |  5 |    |    |    |
Current   : | 31 | 27 | 30 | 42 | 49 | 42 | 33 | 30 |

Secondary : | A |  W | SB | TB | M | MG | IP | FP|
Starting  : | 1 |  8 |  3 |  4 | 5 |  0 |  0 |  0|
Advance   : |   |  2 |    |    |   |    |    |   |
Taken     : |   |  2 |    |    |   |    |    |   |
Current   : | 1 | 10 |  3 |  4 | 5 |  0 |  0 |  0|

Skills:
Academic Knowledge (Theology)
Common Knowledge (Skaven)
Dodge Blow
Drive
Evaluate
Gossip
Haggle
Perception +10
Read/write
Secret Language (Guild tongue)
Speak language (Queekish)
Swim
Trade: Apothecary (Int)
Trade: Brewing (Int)

Talents:
Night Vision
Savvy

Trappings:
Hand Weapon
Maggots
Pants
Tattered robes
1 warpstone token

Advances: (3 Skavenmode, 1 realmode)
+2 wounds
+5 T

Stat roll: http://orokos.com/roll/552944
Fate of the weak on WS
Wounds and Fate: http://orokos.com/roll/552980 (8 and 0, respectively)
Warpstone tokens: http://orokos.com/roll/552981
Sparg trundles along, her satchel full of metal and glassware clanking as she hums tunelessly. What a nice place this is, apart from the dung cart and the slave.

Perception vs 50: fails.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010


Fallen Rib

Statch looks around nervously. This is far, far away from the homey junk heaps of Clan Chirash. Still, if there is danger, there is also opportunity, and he is eager to seize it. "Yes-yes, find other skaven, but but but! Do not do not let them know too much, or they will get in the way, yes-yes. Better, better, better to let them know just-just enough. We are here are here for the council, do important jobs, and to get out again! Though... There may be other bad-danger things here already!" He looks around nervously, glancing around for Foes.

25 Perception against a 51


pre:
Name: Statch Headstriker
Race: Common
Clan: Chirash, minor clan
Career: Tradesman
Height: Short
Weight: Malnourished
Hair: Brown, Mangy
Eyes: Shifty
Distinguishing Marks: Rattish
Age: Too young to know better
Siblings: Countless


Character Profile
Primary   : | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL|
Starting  : | 34 | 40 | 34 | 38 | 36 | 36  | 25 | 19 |
Advances  : | 00 | 00 | 05 | 05 | 10 | 05  | 10 | 00 |
Taken     : | 00 | 00 | 00 | 05 | 00 | 05  | 10 | 00 |
Current  :  | 34 | 40 | 34 | 43 | 36 | 41  | 35 | 19 |

Secondary : | A  | W  | SB | TB | M  | MAG | IP | FP |
Starting  : | 1  | 10 | 3  | 3  | 6  | 0   | 0  | 0  |
Advances  : | -  | 2  | -  | -  | -  | -   | -  | -  |
Taken     : | -  | 1  | -  | -  | -  | -   | -  | -  |
Current   : | 1  | 11 | 3  | 4  | 6  | 0   | 0  | 0  |

Skills:
Common Knowledge (Skaven)
Drive
Gossip
Haggle
Evaluate
Perception +10%
Read/Write
Secret Language (Guild Tongue)
Speak Langauge (Queakish)
Swim
Trade (Gunsmith, Engineering)


Talents:
Fleet-Footed
Night Vision
Savvy

Trappings:
5 Gold
Hand Weapon
Light Armor (Leather Jerkin)
Pants
Tattered Cloak

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

the president's decisive action in Syria and the attempts that he is making to destabilize the region


pre:
Name: Reek Scrawltaker
Race: Common Skaven
Clan: Flem
Career: Thief
Fur: Soot-stained brown

Character Profile  (Fantasy Mode Primary, Secondary)   
Primary   : | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL|
Starting  : | 34 | 28 | 32 | 30 | 41 | 37  | 26 | 15 |
Advances  : | 05 | 05 | 00 | 00 | 15 | 05  | 00 | 10 |
Taken     : | 00 | 00 | 00 | 00 | 10 | 05  | 00 | 00 |
Current   : | 34 | 28 | 32 | 30 | 51 | 42  | 26 | 15 |

Secondary : | A  | W  | SB | TB | M  | MAG | IP | FP |
Starting  : | 1  | 10 | 3  | 3  | 5  | 0   | 0  | 0  |
Advances  : | 0  | 02 | -  | -  | -  | 0   | -  | -  |
Taken     : | 0  | 00 | -  | -  | -  | -   | 0  | -  |
Current   : | 1  | 10 | 3  | 3  | 5  | 0   | 0  | 0  |

Skills
Scale Sheer Surface
Concealment +10
Pick Lock
Perception +10
Evaluate
Read/Write
Search
Secret Signs (Thief)
Silent Move
Speak Language (Queekish)
Speak Language (Reikspiel)
Swim
Commmon Knowledge (Skaven)

Talents
Night Vision - See in darkness up to 30 yards. Not including magical darkness or total darkness.
Alley Cat - +10% on Concealment/Silent Move when in Urban locations. 
Trapfinder - +10% on Perception/Pick Lock when dealing with traps.


Trappings
Pants
Cloak
Light Armour (Leather Jack, 1 armour to Body and Arms)
Lock picks
Sack
10 yards of rope
Hand Weapon (Jagged metal shard with leather wrapping)

Advances taken: Speak Language (Reikspiel), Int, Ag, Ag
"Find Skaven," Reek squeaks while sniffing in the familiar and homely smells of a city sewer system (spoiled somewhat by the over-average concentration of Skaven droppings) searching for any whiff of a meal "Or find Man-thing. It matters not-not. What my stomach need-wants right now is some tasty-eaties. Man-things let many-lots foodies float down these places." He licks his lips with enthusiasm. "Ears open too yes-yes, sometimes you find foolish man-things who come alone into tunnels thinking they smarty. Lone man-thing good eating for Skaven."

Perception vs 42: 13! Lucky number for Skaven oh yes-yes it is.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007


Anyone who selected 5 currently has the Favor of the Horned Rat.

Skikkik goes over the maps again, trying to determine what's happened. The issue, it seems, is that one of the tunnels you were meant to take collapsed a few miles back, so when you detoured, you ended up stuck in this area. The lower tunnel is marked as having been used for weapons testing by Clans Moulder and Skryre. (Probably. It's marked with explosion signs and the clan signs of Moulder and Skryre, anyway.) There is a way into their districts of Undernuln, but...well, it's a weapons testing area. It's not likely to be very safe. The upper tunnel should lead towards Nuln's overcity, if followed, and from there finding a sewer entrance would be simple. The level tunnel heads into a series of tunnels that, according to the map, will safely lead to the entrance of Undernuln, but are cryptically marked with a few strange marks - red circles with frowny faces in them.

Nackle

Nackle is practically invisible as she creeps along the tunnel. Soon, she is entirely out of sight, around the bend.

As she turns the corner, she finds herself looking over a small collection of black-robed creatures - a good seven of them. They are leaning over the bodies of a bunch of giant rats, and one of them is poking at a corpse with a spear. They are muttering to each other in some language Nackle doesn't understand. It's hard to tell what they are - they're covered up in all black, after all - but they're short enough to be skaven, and the smell of dung has robbed Nackle of the ability to smell if they are or not. They all seem to have spears taller than they are, and red belts.

The rest of the group

Those that made their perception checks can tell that there are conversations going on above. They are in the rough voices of larger creatures than you. Man-things, perhaps. No more than ten of them, no less than five. In the area Nackle went off to is another discussion, this one faster and more high-pitched. None of you can make out what's being said, though. As for the tunnel below...well, Statch sticks his head down the tunnel and can smell the distinct tang of oil, even over the dung.

Reek

It's hard to make out at this distance, but you believe it's a group of men in the rising tunnel. They're talking about what they'll do when they're done on patrol and some upcoming game of something called 'handball.'

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at Oct 3, 2017 around 16:24

Hostile V
May 30, 2013

Oh, I am gonna spank that monkey!


Nackle scampers back and relays her info to the others, mostly relaying to Rikket but that's mostly because she's looking at him and treating him like he's important. "Seven things down the tunnel, yis. Cannot tell if man-things or Skaven, wearing black robes and red belts. Speaking strange language, yis. Killed a bunch of big rats and poking-inspecting them with big spears. Don't like this, bad-bad vibes. Don't think middle tunnel is so easy-safe after all...but we do outnumber them...though not by as many as I'd like-want, yis."

Astus
Nov 11, 2008


Rikket, Apprentice Grey Seer [Horned Rat Favorite]

At the start of their journey Rikket could barely contain his excitement. He'd never been this close to the surface before, or this far from his Master. However, he had also never walked for this long, and while the others stop and check the map Rikket rests on his staff, panting heavily and trying not to embarrass himself by passing out. Eventually Skikkik and Nackle fill him in on the situation, and suddenly Rikket realizes he has to make choices already. "Don't like crossing through weapon-explosion area, hate loud noises. Middle path..." Nackle's description of robed figures brings to mind other grey seers, especially the other apprentices who bullied Rikket and his Master who kept scolding Rikket. "...Middle path bad-bad too, not good to interrupt rituals even if not enemies. Upper path stinks-smells, but so does Scooter. And usually many-many paths connecting to sewers, for attack and escaping, so should find another path there easily."

Rikket tried to look confident for once, but inwardly he's already afraid he's messed up again.

pre:
Name:  Rikket
Player:  Astus
Race:  Skaven Chosen
XP:  
Career: Apprentice Grey Seer
Clan: Was Clan Verms

Character Profile

Primary   : | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL |
Starting  : | 21 | 18 | 37 | 34 | 37 |  45 | 35 |  34 |
Advance   : | 05 | 05 | -- | -- | 10 |  10 | 15 |  05 | 
Taken     : | -- | -- | -- | -- | -- |  05 | 15 |  -- |
Current   : | 21 | 18 | 37 | 34 | 37 |  50 | 50 |  34 |

Secondary : | A |  W | SB | TB | M | MAG | IP | FP |
Starting  : | 1 |  9 |  3 |  3 | 4 |   1 |  - |  2 |
Advance   : | - | 03 |  - |  - | - |   1 |  - |  - |
Taken     : | - | -- |  - |  - | - |   1 |  - |  - |
Current   : | 1 |  9 |  3 |  3 | 4 |   2 |  - |  2 |

Skills:
Academic Knowledge (Magic)
Channelling
Common Knowledge (Skaven +10)
Magical Sense
Perception +10
Read/Write
Search
Speak Arcane Language (Magick)
Speak Language (Queekish, Riekspiel)

Talents:
Aethyric Attunement
Coolheaded
Fast Hands
Lesser Magic (Move, Aethyric Armor)
Nightvision
Petty Magic (Warp)
Public Speaking
Savvy
Suave

Trappings:
Quarterstaff
Grey robes
Pants
Tattered cloak
2 Warpstone tokens

Career Exits:  Grey Seer, Scribe

Advances:
+1 MAG
+15 WP
+5 Int

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

THE CODEX NERDSTARTES DOES NOT SUPPORT YOUR NIETZSCHEAN SUPERMEN ARTWORK! SO SAYETH WE ALL! *fart*

Fun Shoe

Brikkrik, Mighty Bodyguard

Brikkrik waits while the others work things out, the massive Skaven unfazed by the long walk. When he sees the others scampering around and making plans, he zones out for the moment to fiddle with his weapon. When he notices the Grey Seer is wavering a little, he picks the smaller Skaven up and sets him on his shoulders, effortlessly lifting him. After all, what grey seer doesn't like a throne to yell-squeak orders from? Maybe it will make him feel better, and if he feels better, his orders will be better. And the rewards greater. It never occurs to Brikkrik to bother asking Rikket if any of this seems like a good idea, but he's pretty sure he heard 'upper' somewhere in those plans and thus this is obviously the will of the Horned Rat.

quote:

[pre]
Name: Brikrikk
Race: Mighty
Clan: Stormvermin
Career: Black Skaven
Height: Big
Weight: Fat
Hair: Sleek and black
Eyes: Blank
Distinguishing Marks: Dumb
Age: As many as one paw's fingers (may vary as loses fingers)
Siblings: More than he has fingers, so he doesn't know


Character Profile
Primary : | WS | BS | S | T | AG | INT | WP | FEL|
Starting : | 41 | 24 | 44 | 46 | 33 | 23 | 39 | 21 |
Advances : | 10 | 00 | 05 | 05 | 10 | 00 | 05 | 00 |
Taken : | 10 | 00 | 00 | 05 | 00 | 00 | 05 | 00 |
Current : | 51 | 24 | 44 | 51 | 33 | 23 | 44 | 21 |

Secondary : | A | W | SB | TB | M | MAG | IP | FP |
Starting : | 1 | 12 | 4 | 4 | 5 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
Advances: |0| |2|
Current: | 1 | 12 | 4 | 5 | 5 | 0 | 0 | 0 |

Skills:
Common Knowledge (Skaven)
Perception
Speak Language (Queekish)
Swim
Dodge Blow
Intimidate


Talents:
Sturdy
Cool-Headed
Street Fighting
Strike Mighty Blow
Hardy
Very Resilient
Specialist Weapons (Two Handed)
Bought Lightning Reflexes

Trappings:
Leather Jack
Leather Skullcap
Pants
Little cape like he's people
Big Scythe (Great Weapon)

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010


Fallen Rib

"Rrr... But but red frown-bad faces. Warnings! Bad-bad place, maybe." He thinks for a moment. While he would very much like to see some Skryre weapons up close, he does understand the necessity of minimum safe distance. If his old troop had understood that as well as he had (and he had warned them) they might have survived. Too bad, so sad. But that means down is out. The weird robed figures sound dangerous and weird. And if they are seers of some clan or other, they are even more dangerous and weird. Also out. Perhaps up is the safest.

Also, he realizes he has publicly contradicted their own seer. Passive, yes, but with that big-big rat carrying him. Must correct. He looks fawningly up at the grey seer. "Of course, still good plan, yes-yes, go up and up and up. You are smart-smart, so very. But quiet, yes, and slow? To be careful of the frowny faces, the tricky, hateful frowny faces?"

JackMann fucked around with this message at Oct 4, 2017 around 00:51

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

Coming from the deeps of the Frankenwald to haunt you

Ruuk

"Yes, yes, up-up is good. I hear man-things there. No robes and rituals, no great-dangerous weapons of Skryre great-masters. Up good!" Ruuk draws a deep breath as he proactively scurries behind Scooter's cart to help it get up there. Pushing stuff his job and, after all, in his slave name.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

the president's decisive action in Syria and the attempts that he is making to destabilize the region


Reek

Reek listens intently to the noises comming from up ahead. Oh noes! This not sound safe or good. He shuffles off quickly and quietly to the side of the tunnel, and attempts to hide in the darkest shadow he can.

"Man-things! Man-things in tunnel. They talk about patrolling. Patrolling means they have wepons yes-yes. Make quick-fast decisions because soon they patrollings here." He squeaks as he makes the dash for the shadows.

Concealment vs 62 (which I will roll when I get home because rolling on my phone from work is a bit tricky. Unless someone else wants to roll for me and post a link)

Edit: Thank you to Hostile V for the pro roll.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at Oct 5, 2017 around 13:32

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012



Skikkik

Stepping up behind Statch, Skikkik smacks the tradesrat across his head with an open paw, before pointing at the map again. "Red frown-faces on middle path, not upper path! Pay attention. No complain about thing we not doing, it waste time-time. Grey Seer has spoken, we go up. Wait for man-things to move on, then find new way down to Undercity. Quick-quick, sneaky-quiet."

Hostile V
May 30, 2013

Oh, I am gonna spank that monkey!


Nackle joins Reek in scoping out the upper sewers, slipping past Ruuk pushing Scooter's poop cart and the Grey Seer and his bodyguard to see where Reek is and why it's taking him a bit to return. Hopefully Reek's not dead, but Reek is the second most sneaky Skaven in the party and if Reek was dead...well that would be a real bad omen.

Rolling Concealment for Reek: 33 http://orokos.com/roll/555460

Concealment for Nackle vs 40: 17 http://orokos.com/roll/555461

Perception for Nackle vs 38: 12 http://orokos.com/roll/555462

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007


Reek and Nackle make their way ahead, creeping along. What they find is not heartening - four humans and a dog. The humans are dressed in cheap armor, some kind of leather, and armed with small clubs. The one in the lead, who looks to be in charge, has a lantern and a pole. The dogi s small - smaller than you, which is nice. These might be guards, but even Reek lacks the knowledge of man-things needed to interpret the symbol stitched on their armor. Probably not important.

The good news is that the humans do not notice the pair, hidden as they are in the shadows. The group is heading in the direction of their fellow Skaven, though.

The bad news is that the dog perks up after a moment, growling in the direction of the two skaven. It begins to bark after a few seconds. The man with the lantern leans down and says something Nackle doesn't understand, but Reek mostly does. "What's that, boy? You smell something? Come on, lads, probably some giant rats around here! Weapons high, torches up!" The group begins to pull torches from the sacks they carry, looking around warily.

The dog's barking is entirely audible to the rest of the group.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Fan of Britches

Sparg

"That is probably bad," Sparg helpfully notes.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012



Skikkik

"Woof-hound?! Quick-quick, kill-dead before it scents us!" Skikkik shrieks quietly as he pulls a handful of throwing stars from inside his cloak. Without even waiting for the others to respond, the night runner charges up the slope.

With any luck, the dog would be focused on the two expendable idiots who had gone up first, letting him slay the beast before it turned it's attention on him!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010


Fallen Rib

Statch moves forward, making sure to move just slightly slower than Skikkik. In this manner, he would appear to be brave and share in any glory, while having not one, but three potential pawns to die ignobly and give him warning of such petty annoyances like the bad-awful dogthing that was making the noises so scary. It was sheer genius, and he marveled for a second at how clever he was.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?




Scooter

So far, Scooter was disappointed. He had hoped the humans had also ingested warpstone in ways similar to the skaven, and had especially hoped their primitive idiot bodies couldn't digest it as well as the obviously superior anatomy of a skaven; he'd heard of their race 'passing stones' before and by the Horned Rat that would've been a gold mine of warpstone.

But no. They didn't. They mostly ate heavy meals of meat and starchy root vegetables and not a single bite of warpstone anywhere in the mix. His cart was full of useless poo poo so far, but he held on to high hopes. He assumed they were simply under the poorer part of the city and as such they would eat much less warpstone, if any. The nobility HAD to be hoarding all of the warpstone to digest poorly.

At the sound of the dog, Scooter sniffs in derision and pulls his cloak about him, hefting his pole with unlit lantern. If he kept his head down they might think he was just some human bumbling around like a human moron, trying to find poop to sell, which is a thing humans do. "Y'all I'm gonna stay back here where I'm safe-safe." To make sure his smell is hidden even more, he gets two big handfuls of the dung from his cart and starts smearing it on his uniform and pants, really rubbing it in there.

pre:
Name: Scooter
Race: Skaven
Career: Watchman -> Dung Collector
Fur: Brown
Eyes: Purple
Clan: Moulder


Primary   : | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL|
Starting  : | 30 | 31 | 29 | 37 | 35 | 40  | 31 | 18 |
Advances  : | 05 | 00 | 05 | 10 | 05 | 00  | 05 | 00 |
Taken     : | 00 | 00 | 00 | 00 | 00 | 00  | 00 | 00 |
Current  :  | 30 | 31 | 29 | 37 | 35 | 40  | 31 | 18 |

Secondary : | A  | W  | SB | TB | M  | MAG | IP | FP |
Starting  : | 1  | 11 | 3  | 3  | 5  | 0   | 0  | 1  |
Advances  : | -  | 2  | -  | -  | -  | -   | -  | -  |
Taken     : | -  | -  | -  | -  | -  | -   | -  | -  |
Current   : | 2  | 11 | 3  | 3  | 5  | 0   | 0  | 1  |

Skills:
Academic Knowledge (Law)
Common Knowledge (Skaven)
Common Knowledge (Clan Moulder) +10
Consume Alcohol
Dodge Blow
Follow Trail
Gossip
Intimidate
Perception +10
Search
Speak Language (Queekish, Reikspiel)
Swim
Animal Training
Command

Talents: 
Savvy
Night Vision
Street Fighting
Strike Mighty Blow
Strike to Stun
Fearless

Trappings:
Uniform
Lantern and Pole
Lamp Oil
Cloak
Pants (optional)
Sword
Leather Jacket
2 warpstone tokens
cart
shovel
bag of maggots
dung

Advances:
Dung Collector
Dung Collector
Speak Language
Fearless (Reikspiel)
Consume Alcohol

Hostile V
May 30, 2013

Oh, I am gonna spank that monkey!


Nackle really doesn't need to speak man-thing to get the gist of what's going on. Torches? Small yet vicious dog barking in the direction of her and Reek? This sure is not the place to be outnumbered by a bunch of man-things. She gives Reek a look that says "yeah no I'm getting out of here" and for good measure whispers "good time to fall back-back, yis" as she tries to scamper back the way they came. Man, thinks Nackle, Nuln really sucks! Nuln really sucks and is dangerous! Explosions? Running into man-things so soon? The map being all wrong? Whatever the hell those robed dudes were? This city really ought to be burnt to the ground and turned into a new Kavzar.

Glorious Tactical Sneaking Retreat Concealment vs 45: http://orokos.com/roll/556951 31

Glorious Tactical Running Away Silent Move vs 45: http://orokos.com/roll/556969 81

Welp. It's like "Uncle" Fleshbrine always said, "stupid-stupid child! Eyes open! Mouth shut! Attention or die-die!" One day Nackle's daydreaming will really gently caress her over. Today might not be that day.

Hostile V fucked around with this message at Oct 10, 2017 around 03:45

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

Coming from the deeps of the Frankenwald to haunt you

Ruuk

"Yes, stay back behind cart", Ruuk agrees with Scooter, "put cart in tunnel, man-things need to squeeze past it, we strike when they squeeze. Squeeze them even more, yes, yes. No?" Ruuk starts to push.

The tunnel is narrow enough to create a good chokepoint with the cart in it, right?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007


Sure, the tunnel's narrow enough to make a chokepoint. I'll give everyone else a chance to do something just before combat starts due to Skikkik charging in; for the first round, the humans will be surprised and unable to act; the dog will not be. You guys will all go first, then them, because initiative rolling in PBP is silly.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

the president's decisive action in Syria and the attempts that he is making to destabilize the region


Reek

Dogs! Dogs woof-bark loud and sniff-snort out Skaven! Reek knows he isn't much of a fighter at the best of times. Sure he's killed the odd guard dog before but this is much too dangerous for the thief, especially when he knows there's much bigger-badder Skaven not far off.

He glances over at Nackle who looks like they're about to break into a panicked run. Well you know what the say "You don't have to run faster than the Rat Ogre, you just have to run faster than the guy next to you." Reek thinks hard to him self for a moment as he prepares to dash off: Dogs. Dogs sniff-snort yes? But best way to stop dog is put SOMETHING else to sniff-snort in front of them. What do Skaven have that smells? Poopcart! Reek's plan is to run off and dive into the poopcart for cover!

Silent Move vs 51: 7

Also while I'm at it better STAY in the shadows as much as I can when I run back so man-things don't see me.


Concealment vs 62: 51

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Fan of Britches

Sparg

Sparg starts moving discreetly backwards, quite happy to let the other skaven run forward into the oncoming danger without her assistance.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

Coming from the deeps of the Frankenwald to haunt you

Ruuk

Having pushed the cart into place, Ruuk looks around to see what the others do. As Reek dives onto the cart and into its load, Ruuk decides to duck behind the cart and wait for Reek to ambush the man-things and then stab them in the back.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008


Rikket [Horned Rat Favorite]

While certainly surprised at how easily Brikkit was able to pick him up, Rikket was still quite happy to not have to walk anymore. For a moment, he even looks somewhat confident perched on the shoulder of his bodyguard, but that quickly disappears once they can hear the dog. Panicking, he bumbles through an incantation as green sparks fizzle from his staff, until a tiny bolt of warp lightning shoots out and strikes one of the ordinary rats scurrying around. The rat's fur stands on end after being zapped, but the rat itself calmly moves towards the apprentice grey seer before sitting at attention. "Hurry-skitter up tunnel, draw bark-thing and man-things away from us!" The rat nods, then turns back and scurries at high speed (for a rat) up the tunnel and into the sewers. If man-things want to catch rats, then let them catch rats while Rikket and the others get away.


...Too bad Skikkit, Nackle, and Reek are already up ahead, and might still be in trouble if they can't hide. "Brikkit, we should go up-forward too, would be very bad-bad if we lost pack-members before mission starts."

Channeling at 60, then using one d10 to cast Rat Thrall: Channeling failed, but still managed to beat the casting number of 3. Sending the rat up ahead to draw some attention. It probably won't let us avoid the combat completely, but maybe we won't have to deal with the entire group at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010


Fallen Rib

Statch scurried forward, being careful to let Skikkit maintain the lead. Yes, let the other rat take them on first. If it looks like they're too dangerous, Statch will have time yes will have time to retreat back to the others. If Skikkit does well, Statch will be right beside him, sharing in the glory. Yes, it would make the other rat look good, but that was a temporary condition until Statch had a chance to display his clear superiority. With boom-bangs! Yes!

He shook his head, and focused on the fight ahead. Time for bang-booms later. Rip and tear time, yes-yes

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply