Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I am pumped :tastykake:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

shyduck posted:

AMac was made an alternate captain

lmao you have to be kidding me

please, I can't loving take that

please....

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

dave hakstol, more like dave hackstol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Shawn Cotureier posted:

I had to miss last nights game for sleep but it's my understanding that AMac, Manning and Weise looked like the drizzling shits

Who could have seen THAT coming? (Literally everyone but Hakstol could see that coming)

Yeah AMac looked like hot garbage and even banked a puck off his leg and into the net and we all had a big laugh, but those laughs are always followed by the crippling realization that he is still on the Philadelphia Flyers

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

A very good friend of mine decided to surprise me with a gift and it all tied back to a conversation about hockey we had.

We were out drinking one night and with a group of friends and we were talking about memories of seeing pro teams play when we were growing up and I started talking about seeing the Flyers play and coming close to seeing them when they were in the Cup Final against Detroit in the 90's.

This guy asks, "Didn't they win a Cup at some point?"

I explain how they made it in the 90s, came close in the early 2000s, and again made it in the 2010s.

My friend swears he saw something at a pawn shop or some place that had Flyers cup-winning material on it. It made me laugh, and I told him if he saw it again I would absolutely buy it - owning a 2010 Stanley Cup Winner Philadelphia Flyers hat or coaster or something that was produced just in case would have been funny.

He swears up and down that he saw the same logo on a championship certain something in a store, so one night he comes up to me and surprises me.

"So I got you something," he says. "I realized when I saw it I was completely off but the logos looked the same from really far away, but I figured you would laugh anyway."

Go Flyers Red Wings!

Thanks bud :unsmith: I'll teach u more about hockey someday.......

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

Imagine if that was a 97 Wings lighter.

Honestly I think I would have laughed even harder but I don't think I could have could have kept that, haha that series still stings

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

HatfulOfHollow posted:

This is triggering me. 2002 was the year that the Flyers got brutalized in the first round by the Senators. I remember this distinctly because I was in college in Philly and one of my suite-mates was a huge Senators fan. He had a giant Canadian flag hanging on the door to his room, which was right next to the TV. The unbearable goal celebrations in front of that flag as the Flyers floundered and got shut out 3 times in a row will burn in my soul forever.

Haha, wasn't 2002 the same year the Flyers got Adam Oates late in the season or something? The only other thing I remember is that the year before is when they finally traded away Lindros to the Rangers.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Awesome

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Flyers....good?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

DJExile posted:

blue man group loving owns and I won't hear different

they really do

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

triple sulk posted:

N: Fire
V: Hakstol

dale weise, more like pale weak

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I know I've been slamming my fists on this drum enough here as it is and I'm slightly biased because I live in Houston and I miss the hell out of the AHL team, but I feel like Houston not being relatively high on a list of places to expand or relocate to would be a mistake. They've already got an NHL-ready stadium, it's located in downtown, IIRC the venue owns the Aeros name/jerseys/etc., so they've already got a franchise with plenty of history, they can play up the Howe angle, instant cross-state rivalry with Dallas, an established market (as the Aeros drew some of the best attendance numbers in the entire AHL), a huge population obviously, and there's no longer a loving dickhead* in charge of the Toyota Center.

I mean jesus now that the new guy is on board with trying to get a team, I mean fuckkkkkkkkkkk

Duckman2008 posted:

Seriously: move Arizona to Houston. Keeps the same West balance, and surely Houston has to be better then the poo poo show Arizona has become.

Just loving do this, holy poo poo NHL

*all rich people are dickheads but gently caress Les Alexander forever tbh

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

:getin: good to see

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Hakstol could stop giving him 20 minutes a game. That would be a start.

Yeah a million times, this. I'm on board for the gently caress-Off-Hakstol train.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

stab posted:

According to Sportsnet the Habs are trying to trade Mark Streit

Ya good luck with that

comedy option - trade AMac for Streit

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Shawn Cotureier posted:

It's Thursday and I'm still pissed at Hakstol, fam

I'm at the point where I'm just waiting to see what happens Saturday.

If he fucks up like that on home ice, oh man :allears:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

N: Ed Snider is getting a statue: http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/ed-sniders-memory-be-honored-statue-outside-wells-fargo-center

V: Please stop making statues of people.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I enjoyed the Flyers home opener and am pleased by this turn of events

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Streit outta Montreal

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

hahaha uhhhhhh :yikes:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

How is Steve Mason doing, did the Flyers actually make a good move in offloading a goalie or will Neuvirth/Elliott explode at some point.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

bewbies posted:

also some imbecile on ESPN thinks the predators are the "best value in sports" which i guess means he really likes drunk country singers and thinks fat confederates thinking throwing rotting fish on the ice is the height of a civilized society

major cities in the south are typically pretty blue and IIRC Nashville is no different so lol at "fat confederates"

you sound really mad at what has become a Good Hockey Town

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Bring back the GloPuck but give it Star Wars laser sounds whenever there's a slap shot

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

My pizza trip ruined the flyers tonight, I'm convinced, I wasn't there to lend my vibes

I'm......I'm sorry :(

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

If fighting is going to stay in hockey for the foreseeable future then I want to see rad punching like that and martial arts done on skates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

VGK can I interest you in........*pulls out crumpled note covered in grease and the word gently caress in red pen* one Andrew MacDonald???

• Locked thread