Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

blaise rascal posted:

can't stop thinking about this post

yeah me either that and the mask one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
When you gaze long into the eyes of the Easter Bilby, the Easter Bilby gazes also into you.

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

Just imagine ten seconds before that picture was taken, when they had normal eyes. Now imagine the ten seconds in between.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-Bwd0Y48m4

google THIS

News Anchor: There's been a new development in the case of a skinned rabbit corpse that was believed to be the Easter Bunny. The Easter Bunny himself has finally come forward, making his first public appearance since the incident, to show that he is alive and well, and gave a press conference earlier today to quell well rumors of his death.

(cuts to press conference recording)

Easter Bunny: Too right mate, I was just chucking a sickie there. Bloody sorry about the bloke that carked it though, and hope his killers are brought to justice. Cheers! (adjusts his face as his eye sockets become misaligned with his unusually large, soulless black eyes)

FactsAreUseless

google THIS posted:

News Anchor: There's been a new development in the case of a skinned rabbit corpse that was believed to be the Easter Bunny. The Easter Bunny himself has finally come forward, making his first public appearance since the incident, to show that he is alive and well, and gave a press conference earlier today to quell well rumors of his death.

Easter Bunny: Too right mate, I was just chucking a sickie there. Bloody sorry about the bloke that carked it though, and hope his killers are brought to justice. Cheers! (adjusts his face as his eye sockets become misaligned with his unusually large, soulless black eyes)

Manifisto

google THIS posted:

ty nesamdoom!

FactsAreUseless

We've all had a lot of fun, but I'd like to dig into the insane world of Kaye Kessing. Kaye is crazy, but an endearing sort of crazy. She's an environmental activist in Australia whose pet issue is invasive species. She really, really does not like feral cats. Her solution to Australia's feral cat problem? Cook and eat them.

quote:

"To make a point about the problem that feral cats are causing right across Australia I cooked a 'catterole' in [a] bush foods competition," she said.

"Aboriginal mob out bush have eaten cat for a long time, if it's good enough for them it's good enough for me."

She really, really doesn't like cats. This picture comes from a poster, for sale on her site, titled "That Feral Cat." She's not wrong, invasive species have done massive damage worldwide, and cats (feral and domestic) are some of the worst. But she is... strident.

Since people, in general, are both stupid and emotional, here are the three Amazon reviews of Easter Bilby's Secret (the second of the Easter Bilby books).

Related, she has a poster titled "The Great Battle," which also depicts the war between cats and native species in Australia.

FactsAreUseless

The Easter Bilby series has two books. The first is titled simply "Easter Bilby."

quote:

Easter Bunny is old and tired but who could do his job properly? His grandson Flash Rabbit only wants to be famous. Should Easter Bunny pass his job on to an introduced rabbit or to a native Australian?

With a gentle hint that rabbits are not ideal in this country, EASTER BILBY has helped turn the focus on our native creatures, as well as supporting the Easter message of hope and new life.

If you read the last post, you may be saying "I don't think Kaye Kessing can do gentle hints." You are correct.

If these were human beings this would be intensely racist. Again, however, they are not, and also she is completely right. Rabbits have been very harmful to Australia.

Then there is EASTER BiLBY'S SECRET, which explains the value of native Australian species by depicting them as horrifying aliens that imitate natural life but are revealed by, uh... being horrifying aliens.

quote:

Easter Bilby has been given the job of delivering Easter eggs all around Australia. But Cat and Fox roam the country always on the hunt for tasty native creatures. How will Easter Bilby and his friends get the job done safely and on time? A clever plan is needed but Cat and Fox must not find out.

Meet Chuditch, Mala, Numbat and Sticky, Bilby’s companions in the BILBY’S RING Tales. Learn that cats and foxes are a major reason why many of our native creatures are disappearing.

FactsAreUseless

But wait, what's this?

quote:

in the BILBY'S RING tales

BILBY'S RING... a Tolkienesque epic fantasy trilogy set in Australia? Almost. There are 10 tales, divided into three books.

quote:

Bilby the Pink-eared Bandicoot heads off with Chuditch the Spotted Quoll, hoping to find a safe place to live. Firekeepers no longer walk the great western deserts, burning the country in patches to bring new growth. Feral animals are everywhere, hunting creatures like Bilby and Chuditch or eating too many native plants. Our Australian deserts are no longer safe enough for many of our native species.

quote:

Joined by Mala the Rufous Hare Wallaby, Numbat and Sticky the Stick-nest Rat, the five are urged on by others in trouble.

As a simple search becomes a mighty quest, they must travel far across a great wide land to seek help from that scariest of species, the humans!

quote:

Far on the sunup side of Australia, in the Biggest City by the Endless Sea, Felis Grandiosa the megalomaniac gutter cat has heard of the coming of The Five and swears to stop them.

Can Tinny and Nessa, the young humans who befriend The Five, manage to save them from a shocking death?

Three points here:

1. Megalomaniac Gutter Cat
2. These are legit some fantastic fantasy titles. "Into the Bowels of the Biggest City" is especially good.
3. Sadly, no text samples are available, so it will remain unclear whether Bilby opens a box, spins around, or finds a gem.

FactsAreUseless

Flash Rabbit's backwards cap and giant sneakers are killing me.

I still have no idea who Ali Garnett is, since I think Kaye writes and illustrates everything herself.

alnilam

That's me in the corner
That's me in the thought cloud,
Losing my religion

Macnult

the look on your face when you realize it's feral cat Friday

FactsAreUseless

Boy, what a day! Visited four schools and gave a lecture on conservation at the local library. Time to sit back and relax with my favorite show!

*picks up DVD set of the entire run of Alf*

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

quote:

Manifisto

honestly these are rather boschian

"come into my garden of earthly delights," said EASTER BiLBY. "that is where my secret lies."

ty nesamdoom!

FactsAreUseless

[quote="“Manifisto”" post="“477128929”"]
honestly these are rather boschian

“come into my garden of earthly delights,” said EASTER BiLBY. “that is where my secret lies.”
[/quote]
Yeah, her posters are very Renaissance-era book of revelations painting sort of style. It's pretty fascinating.

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
There's something legit unsettling about her drawings. Like I feel my gut churn when I look at them for some reason

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
This is way more awesome than the "Jesus" secret I was expecting.

I guess the "secret" is that invasive species are bad?

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

google THIS

I hate when I try to make a joke and accidentally write a plot synopsis.

FactsAreUseless

google THIS posted:

I hate when I try to make a joke and accidentally write a plot synopsis.
This is you:

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Stay strong Jet, being a chocoholic is nothing to be ashamed of.

----------------

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

I can't get over how detailed that butthole is.

----------------

SniperWoreConverse

this is the beginning of how animals started to understand Hieronymus Bosch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

SniperWoreConverse posted:

this is the beginning of how animals started to understand Hieronymus Bosch

Or maybe Hieronymus Bosch got it from the animal kingdo,m you ever think of that :eek:

ty manifisto

• Locked thread