Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

(Art by Carey Pietsch)
Cassidy Slade, the Werewolf

Growing up, I ain't exactly what you'd call a "model student." I'd get into fights, insult my teachers, cut classes, and make life hell for my parents, my mom especially. I still remember one of my teachers calling me a rabid, untamed dog that needs to be leashed down.

Guy had no idea how right he was.

I was 14 when I found out. There was this snot-nosed kid, Jimmy Polanka, who thought he was tough poo poo just cuz his brother was in some gang. He'd go around with his own little group, bullying the other kids, and the adults never tried to stop him. They were too scared. From what I've heard, the gang Jimmy's brother belongs to is a real nasty bunch, and the last time someone crossed Jimmy, they went missing and no one's found them since.

That wasn't enough for Jimmy. He wanted everybody to see how big his balls were, so he thought taking on the toughest person in school, me, would show everybody that he was the big man around here. I didn't give a poo poo, Jimmy was never worth my time, but he kept pushing me, and he wouldn't stop, not until I broke his nose and made Big Man Jimmy wet his pants in front of his wannabe gang. He started running away and crying like a little baby. It was the funniest poo poo I've ever seen.

What wasn't funny was what came next. So, Jimmy's brother? He apparently ain't above beating a kid half his size. Most kids would be scared out of their minds. Me? I got angry, really angry, and I remember my vision turning blood red. Next thing I know, Jimmy's brother was being taken away by an emergency ambulance.

My mom lost her poo poo when she found out. When I told her what happened, she wasn't surprised as she was furious. The whole "red vision" or "14 year old kid ripping into a grown man" didn't phase her at all. She scolded me a bunch, and before I could get a word in, she left, said she had to make sure that nobody found out what happened. Dad had to be the one to tell me what happened.

He told me I had "awakened."

I almost didn't believe what he told me next. He said our family was "cursed." One of our ancestors pissed off some super powerful witch, and that witch put a curse on them, some curse of lycanthropy. The witch said that the curse wouldn't just be on them, but their children, and their children's children. Their whole family line would "awaken" to the beast when they reach a certain age.

I called bullshit. If we were a family of werewolves, then why have I never seen him turn? Aren't werewolves supposed to turn on the full moon or whatever? He told me that's not how it really works. He said that the "beast" takes over at extreme moments of anger or stress.

I always thought my dad was a huge wimp, always letting my mom and everybody else push him around, but he told me it's his way of dealing with the whole werewolf thing. He always tries to keep his emotions in check, never letting himself get angry, or aggressive with other people. He doesn't mind being a floor carpet as long as it means he doesn't turn and hurt other people.

He told me every member of our family have ways they deal with the curse, and the ones who don't find are the ones who live the shortest. Dad said I should find an outlet, a way to get out all the aggression, so it doesn't build up.

And I did. I found it in football. Turns out it's the perfect sport for someone like me, and I was drat good at it. Practically made a name for myself, I was "the rising young star with real potential," which I never thought I'd ever hear. It was the first time I ever felt like I had a chance at a future for myself.

That wasn't enough for my mom though, oh no. See, my mom's a bit of a control freak, always trying to control my life, saying she knows what's better for me blah blah blah, so she used her connections, and my rising fame, to set me up in some fancy private boarding school, without my consent.

"It's for your own good!" she said, "You'll get a better education, and better opportunities!"

I was mad. Really mad. I could feel myself losing it, my vision slowly turning red again. How could she do this to me? How could you, after calling me a failure for so long, decide my future for me? You couldn't of just been proud for me for once?

If it wasn't for my dad, I would've lost it completely. He calmed me down, convinced me to go with it, said it was a once in a lifetime opportunity that I shouldn't pass on.

That's why I'm here now. Most people would kill to be where I am now, and I couldn't really give a poo poo. As far as I'm concerned, this whole place is a sham to con spoiled rich kids out of their money. If I had a choice, I wouldn't even be here now.

quote:

Name: Cassidy Slade
Skin: The Werewolf
Look: rugged, fierce eyes
Origin: awoken

Stats
Hot: +1
Cold: -1
Volatile: +2
Dark: -1

Moves

 Primal Dominance
When you harm someone, take a String on them.

 Scent of Blood
Add 1 to all rolls against those who have been harmed in this scene already.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, you establish a spirit connection with them. Until either of you breaks that spirit connection, by having sex with someone else, add 1 to all rolls made to defend them. You can tell when that connection has been broken.

Darkest Self
You transform into a terrifying wolf-creature. You crave power and dominance, and those are earned through bloodshed. If anyone attempts to stand in your way, they must be brought down and made to bleed. You escape your Darkest Self when you wound someone you really care about or the sun rises, whichever happens first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Heliotrope posted:

Cassidy Slade, the Werewolf

What's it like to transform? Do you have the traditional weakness to silver or is that only in stories?

What's it like? It's... freeing, I guess? Whenever I transform, all my worries, stress, and anxieties disappear, and I become a being of raw emotion and power, and everything becomes much simpler. I ain't gonna lie; it feels good to let go sometimes, and give into my baser instincts.

...'Course, as soon as I turn, any restraint I might have might as well get thrown out the window. It's why I try to restrain myself whenever I'm in a place filled with people. If I let The Beast out, then lots of people are gonna get hurt, and I don't want that.

And yea, according to my dad, getting hit by anything with even a hint of silver on it after transforming hurts like a real bitch, and it can even outright kill you if they get ya in the right spot. Haven't experienced what it's like to get hit by a silver weapon yet, I ain't in no hurry to try.

quote:

Have you ever been able to stand up to your mother? What happened, or what happens if you try?

...I've tried, believe me, but mom... she ain't above using dirty tactics to get what she wants. She'll even go as far as to threaten her own loving daughter if she doesn't listen to her. I once got into an argument with her, and you wanna know what she did? She threatened to throw me out of the house, and she was serious. I was 12 at the time. She was going to kick a loving 12 year old out into the streets just because I wouldn't do what she says. And my dad? My dad did loving nothing.

I don't even loving bother anymore. One of the few good things about being in Gutermuth is that I don't have to loving deal with her anymore. She doesn't care about what I do here as long as I don't cause any trouble. We've barely talked since I got here, and y'know what? I'm perfectly loving fine with that.

quote:

What is the biggest problem currently facing the football team at Gutermuth?

The biggest 'problem' right now is called Kyle Tanner, and he's a huge sleazy loving rear end in a top hat. Kyle's been causing nothing but trouble for the team, and everybody lets him get away with whatever he wants just 'cuz his dad is somebody important or some poo poo, and it's really starting to piss me off, and the fucker had the balls to act like he's our team captain when he doesn't know poo poo about football.

And he has the balls to think I'd go out with him just cuz he's got a lot of money. Can you believe that loving guy!?

Thank Christ he barely shows up to practice. I really loving hope he gets bored and leaves the team to do something else, cuz I dunno how long I can even stand being around that assbag.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

quote:

You lack subtlety. Give a String to everyone.

Subtlety's for loving chumps. If you do something I don't like, I'm going to tell it to you straight to your face.

quote:

You’ve spent weeks watching someone from a distance. Their scent and mannerisms are unmistakable to you now. Take 2 Strings on them.

Alicia is... gently caress, man, I dunno. The first time I ran into her, I was hit by this smell. I've experienced lots of strong scents while I was here, but Alicia... Alicia's was different. She had the scent of dreams on her.

Ever since then, I- I can't stop looking at her. She's just so beautiful, and I feel my heart melting away every time she smiles at me. I really wanna try asking her out one of these days, but... I dunno. She's too good for a wild animal like me...

quote:

1) A feature of the school relevant to you

For all my bitching and whining about the school, I gotta admit; they've got a drat fine football field, and the team (aside from that prick, Kyle) ain't half bad either. I'm pretty close with most of the team (once again, except for Kyle. gently caress Kyle), and they're some of the few people in this school I can actually stand being around.

quote:

2) What’s something you like about Holbrook?

There's this park called Willow's Meadow. It's a big park on the far edge of town, and it's usually pretty empty, which is fine by me. I like to go there whenever I want to just... clear my head, and it helps. It's one of the few places I can actually relax in.

quote:

3) What’s something you dislike about Holbrook?

God, have you seen some of the people here? No matter where you go, there's always going to be that one spoiled prick who thinks they're God's gift to the world just because of daddy's money. They act all self-important, and they really want you to know how rich or important their family is. It takes every fiber of my being to stop me from literally tearing out their throats anytime I hear one of them talk.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 13, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

pre:
[      ] [    ] []

[Alicia] [    ] []

[Cassidy] [Wren] []

[      ] [    ] []

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Wren might look like a pretty Cold gal, but she's actually like some kinda immortal thrillseeking maniac or some poo poo.

quote:

Cassidy: Why does Rupert Tirrell make you nerveous?

There's something that ain't natural about him. He smells like blood, and smoke, and his eyes have this... blank look to them. It gives me the loving creeps. I dunno what his deal is, and ya know what? I think I'm okay not knowing.

• Locked thread