Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«26 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.


Rene - Wolfsbane
PP: 1 | XP: 16 | Complications:

Yes! Oh yes! Yesssssssss!

Humans just didn't get it. Ear rubs just felt amazing, must be something to do with wolves physiology. But oh god she could melt! She was half tempted to shift back to her natural form. But she was pretty sure that would leave her au naturel. I.E Naked. That was the risk of shifting in civi clothing. It didn't shift to her new shape, and with a summer dress like that, it had fallen off of her mid-shift. The rest of her clothes she'd kicked off before she pounced.

She sniffed at the arm. But it was just like the guns, scentless. Boo

Rene padded back over to her clothes, and Kia, and Rita. Giving both of them a lick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."


Pyotr
PP: 1| XP: 8

Pete had locked up. He'd started to move and done his usual thing of getting shot and then when Emma - or Illyanna - went down and started to suffer from what could only be described a pre-frontal meltdown, the big Russian seemed to undergo gravitational collapse. He just locked up. Not his finest moment but seeing the sight of his sister like that made him freeze up. The worst thing in the world that could have happened to him, and he loving froze up.

The whining sound in the back of his head died down and he saw Lee grab her. He stepped forwards, sliding out of his metallic form as he went.

He opened his mouth, ready for that deep, bassy voice from a barrel chest and instead there was a voice that sounded oh-so-lacking in confidence. "I do not-" he said, before blinking at the sound. He cleared his throat. "I do not think she was with them. She and I mutated after my older brother and- and the government came and took her, and they made me leave the country and come here and- now she-"

He stopped in front of Lee.

"Please. Be gentle."

His eyes were red. Jesus, was the big lummox about to cry?

I suck poo poo and will try and post more but gently caress me am I tired.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!


Emma did not react much to being hauled to her feet. She couldn't stand, or even hold her head up. She sounded half-asleep as she talked. "Television, supervision, subdivision, needs precision, brain incision, tough decision..."

She kept mumbling, her eyes open but not really focused on anything, her words rambling from topic to topic. "White snow, white chalk, white hare, white king, white side's the scalpel, black side's the gun."

Rita gave Rene a gentle pat on the head, but seemed to be very concerned with what was going on with Pete and Emma. "Is... is she going to be ok? She sounds like she's broken."

"Boom," whispered Emma, her eyes drifting closed. Her breathing was shallow, but not troubled. It was literally like her body, her mind, was just shutting down.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"


Blink
PP: 1|XP: 10| Stress:

Blink stared mutely as the...whatever the heck just happened...happened.

"So...I uh, missed a lot I guess. We should all, uhm...go. This wasn't exactly a good look for anybody."

She glances at Pyotr, and inclines her head towards Emma, who seemed to be having some sort of coniption. "We're uh...taking her with us, yeah? The Professor can probably take a look at her and help? Unless Jean thinks she's got it?" Either way, portal now, chat later.

"Someone should go get the Professor's chair...and his shoe. I'll bring up the rear once everyone else is through." She cracks her knuckles and opens another gateway. Large enough to accommodate everybody.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Wolverine
PP: 4 | XP: 20

Jane doesn't know what to make of whatever the heck is happening with Frost. Psychic bullshit, if she had to hazard a guess, which put it firmly outside her usual areas of expertise. Now, say, stabbing something? That was much more in her wheelhouse. Of course, all the people that might need stabbing had booked it somehow, so that really just left taking the portal back home. She hucks the arm through first, then looks at the mess between Pete, Lee, and Frost. Jane says, "As a fellow alumni of mind-gently caress university, I vote we get her looked at sooner than not. We can get to the bottom of this secret sister stuff later."

Tricky fucked around with this message at Sep 13, 2018 around 23:31

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!


Jean Grey
PP: 1 | XP: 3

Eyeing Rene, she looks concerned, but doesn't press things. Jean walks up to Lee. "I think you should give the tough stuff a rest. We'll have time to figure this out at the mansion." She looks over her shoulder to Jane. "We need to have the Professor look at her. I couldn't get in.", she adds as she follows after.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...


Lee
PP: 3 | XP: 8

Lee's face scrunches up as she looks to Pyotr, but between seeing his condition and... whoever this lady was's, her rage sputters as quickly as she looks back away. Even if he'd have to be stupid not to see who his sister came here with. Or whose codename crew she was part of. Queen of, no less, for all she seems it; there's barely a point trying to get anything out of her with the shape she's in.

"Fine," Lee finally replies to Jean's chiding. "Not like seems up to chat at the moment anyway." Passing Emma off in Pyotr's general direction, she readjusts her hood and turns for the portal. "The sooner we're gone, the better."

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!


Blink's portal was more on target this time, breaching straight into the front foyer of the mansion. Mr. Valentine was there, with the Professor slung over his shoulders, coming in from outside.

"Do you at least have the chair? He's surprisingly heavy," he said.

"No time for that," interjected the Professor, who wasn't even facing the right way but still managing to keep up with what was going on. "This young lady is experiencing some kind of artificially-induced brain death. Thankfully, we have the foremost psychics on call. Jean, if you could bring yourself and our patient to my study, and Forge, if you could bring me to my study? Oh, and perhaps call Sage, I get the distinct impression this is somehow within her area of expertise."

Emma suddenly gasped, her eyes opening wide, her diamond transformation falling away. She twitched a bit, like a fish out of water, before settling into rapid breathing.

"There we go, that's a start," said the Professor, still being carried off by Mr. Valentine. "Awake and breathing. We'll have your mind back to how it was in no time at all, I'm sure."

Rita slumped to the floor and let out a shaky sigh, then noticed how close she was to the severed mechanical arm and shuffled away a few feet. "Next year I'm going swimming instead."

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...


Lee
PP: 3 | XP: 8

"Great," Lee says, turning to go now that Emma's survival isn't in question. "I'll be practicing." Putting in earbuds, Lee makes for the Danger Room. Today has been a load of bullshit, and it's time to let off some steam. And explosions.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."


Pyotr
PP: 1| XP: 8

Pyotr carried Illyanna into the school, behind the Professor. He knew he was probably going to get a more-than-stern talking to. He knew that she and the others had been sent to kill a psychic, but he also knew that she would never do something like that.

"Is- is she going to be okay?" he asked, holding his sister close.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.


Rene - Wolfsbane
PP: 1 | XP: 16 | Complications:

Wriggling into the green summer dress, the wolf delicately takes up the remaining clothes and shoes in her jaws. Clumsily loping through the portal. Once back on home ground, Rene stumbles behind a bush, and quickly transforms, slipping into her clothes again.

"Blegg!" She coughed. "Oh god, that tastes awful!" The worst chew toy. She made a mental note of that for later. Rene winced as she found her graze, a blush of red amongst the green. "Dammit. I liked this dress." She crossed back over to Rita. Picking her up and hugging her. "I'm sorry kiddo." She looks worriedly at Jane.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Wolverine
PP: 4 | XP: 20

Tossing the arm onto the lawn she'll make sure Valentine gets it later, once he's not on Professor duty Jane turns her attention to Rene. She gives her a bit of a look, pointedly studying the bullet graze, and says, "C'mon, Rene, what have I told you about playing fetch with bullets?" A beat. "Sorry about your chess thing, Rita. Mind if I borrow Rene and get her patched up?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006



Storm
PP: 1 | XP: 2 | Stress

"If it means anything," says Kia, as she walks up to Jane's side, "I made sure the jerk who did it got a nasty shock." She shoots an apologetic look at Rita now, "And yea, sorry it didn't go as well as you wanted it to go. Maybe next time?" If there'll even be a next time. Kia turns her attention to Jane, sharing the same worried look as Rene now, "I'll join you two, if that's alright."

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"


Blink
PP: 1|XP: 10| Stress:

After a couple moments, Clarice comes back through, pushing a wheelchair and a shoe in front of her and closing the portal behind her. Mostly, it had looked like everyone had started off towards...whatever.

"Uhm, Professor...I've uh, got your chair." A keen observer might see that her hands were a distinctly lighter shade of pink - almost as if she had a white-knuckle grip on the thing to keep from falling over from the panic of the whole situation. But after a moment or two she steadies herself, draws in a deep breath, and then lets go.

"I think uh...I think that's enough for today, yeah?"

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!


"Make no mistake, this is definitely a nasty piece of work, but the prognosis is good," said the Professor as Mr. Valentine dropped him into his wheelchair. He winced, sucking air in through his teeth. "Please, Adam. I can't use my legs, but I can still feel them."

"Sorry, Charles." Mr. Valentine held up his hands in apology. The Professor experimented with the motor and set off for his study with Pyotr, carrying Emma, and Jean following along.

"It's like no form of psychic intrusion I've seen before. It appears more like a... I suppose the best analogy would be a computer virus?" The Professor continued, back on topic immediately. "It's as if a secondary mental template has been implanted, as both a defence against psychic probing, and a means of control. Right now it is self-destructing, or at least attempting to. However, as you are aware, we have had some recent experience with psychic parasites and how to deal with them."

He paused as he got to his study, and steepled his fingers. "However, I would very much like to find out who designed this mental programming, and what their intentions are. I can only hope our guest will be able to help us with the answers to our questions, once she is up and about again."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!


Jean Grey
PP: 1 | XP: 3

To Blink, she adds with a relieved tone, "Thanks a lot, that was a literal lifesaver there." Her eyes flick over to watch Lee walk off. With Sarah out of the picture, did that make her the de facto leader? Had she really earned the right to boss people around like that? Maybe they needed to have a talk. The X-Men were like herded cats right now, with different groups splitting into smaller cliques. Was that okay? Should she try and reach out? Well, there's other things that come first.

Following after, Jean says, "I had a hard time getting in, but-" She gives a twist of her lips that's both worried and wary as she looks to Emma. "We'll do everything we can.", she says to Pyotr.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«26 »