Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Rene - Wolfsbane
PP: 1 | XP: 16 | Complications:

Yes! Oh yes! Yesssssssss!

Humans just didn't get it. Ear rubs just felt amazing, must be something to do with wolves physiology. But oh god she could melt! She was half tempted to shift back to her natural form. But she was pretty sure that would leave her au naturel. I.E Naked. That was the risk of shifting in civi clothing. It didn't shift to her new shape, and with a summer dress like that, it had fallen off of her mid-shift. The rest of her clothes she'd kicked off before she pounced.

She sniffed at the arm. But it was just like the guns, scentless. Boo

Rene padded back over to her clothes, and Kia, and Rita. Giving both of them a lick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Pyotr
PP: 1| XP: 8

Pete had locked up. He'd started to move and done his usual thing of getting shot and then when Emma - or Illyanna - went down and started to suffer from what could only be described a pre-frontal meltdown, the big Russian seemed to undergo gravitational collapse. He just locked up. Not his finest moment but seeing the sight of his sister like that made him freeze up. The worst thing in the world that could have happened to him, and he loving froze up.

The whining sound in the back of his head died down and he saw Lee grab her. He stepped forwards, sliding out of his metallic form as he went.

He opened his mouth, ready for that deep, bassy voice from a barrel chest and instead there was a voice that sounded oh-so-lacking in confidence. "I do not-" he said, before blinking at the sound. He cleared his throat. "I do not think she was with them. She and I mutated after my older brother and- and the government came and took her, and they made me leave the country and come here and- now she-"

He stopped in front of Lee.

"Please. Be gentle."

His eyes were red. Jesus, was the big lummox about to cry?

I suck poo poo and will try and post more but gently caress me am I tired.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Emma did not react much to being hauled to her feet. She couldn't stand, or even hold her head up. She sounded half-asleep as she talked. "Television, supervision, subdivision, needs precision, brain incision, tough decision..."

She kept mumbling, her eyes open but not really focused on anything, her words rambling from topic to topic. "White snow, white chalk, white hare, white king, white side's the scalpel, black side's the gun."

Rita gave Rene a gentle pat on the head, but seemed to be very concerned with what was going on with Pete and Emma. "Is... is she going to be ok? She sounds like she's broken."

"Boom," whispered Emma, her eyes drifting closed. Her breathing was shallow, but not troubled. It was literally like her body, her mind, was just shutting down.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Blink
PP: 1|XP: 10| Stress:

Blink stared mutely as the...whatever the heck just happened...happened.

"So...I uh, missed a lot I guess. We should all, uhm...go. This wasn't exactly a good look for anybody."

She glances at Pyotr, and inclines her head towards Emma, who seemed to be having some sort of coniption. "We're uh...taking her with us, yeah? The Professor can probably take a look at her and help? Unless Jean thinks she's got it?" Either way, portal now, chat later.

"Someone should go get the Professor's chair...and his shoe. I'll bring up the rear once everyone else is through." She cracks her knuckles and opens another gateway. Large enough to accommodate everybody.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Wolverine
PP: 4 | XP: 20

Jane doesn't know what to make of whatever the heck is happening with Frost. Psychic bullshit, if she had to hazard a guess, which put it firmly outside her usual areas of expertise. Now, say, stabbing something? That was much more in her wheelhouse. Of course, all the people that might need stabbing had booked it somehow, so that really just left taking the portal back home. She hucks the arm through first, then looks at the mess between Pete, Lee, and Frost. Jane says, "As a fellow alumni of mind-gently caress university, I vote we get her looked at sooner than not. We can get to the bottom of this secret sister stuff later."

Tricky fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 14, 2018

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Jean Grey
PP: 1 | XP: 3

Eyeing Rene, she looks concerned, but doesn't press things. Jean walks up to Lee. "I think you should give the tough stuff a rest. We'll have time to figure this out at the mansion." She looks over her shoulder to Jane. "We need to have the Professor look at her. I couldn't get in.", she adds as she follows after.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Lee
PP: 3 | XP: 8

Lee's face scrunches up as she looks to Pyotr, but between seeing his condition and... whoever this lady was's, her rage sputters as quickly as she looks back away. Even if he'd have to be stupid not to see who his sister came here with. Or whose codename crew she was part of. Queen of, no less, for all she seems it; there's barely a point trying to get anything out of her with the shape she's in.

"Fine," Lee finally replies to Jean's chiding. "Not like seems up to chat at the moment anyway." Passing Emma off in Pyotr's general direction, she readjusts her hood and turns for the portal. "The sooner we're gone, the better."

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Blink's portal was more on target this time, breaching straight into the front foyer of the mansion. Mr. Valentine was there, with the Professor slung over his shoulders, coming in from outside.

"Do you at least have the chair? He's surprisingly heavy," he said.

"No time for that," interjected the Professor, who wasn't even facing the right way but still managing to keep up with what was going on. "This young lady is experiencing some kind of artificially-induced brain death. Thankfully, we have the foremost psychics on call. Jean, if you could bring yourself and our patient to my study, and Forge, if you could bring me to my study? Oh, and perhaps call Sage, I get the distinct impression this is somehow within her area of expertise."

Emma suddenly gasped, her eyes opening wide, her diamond transformation falling away. She twitched a bit, like a fish out of water, before settling into rapid breathing.

"There we go, that's a start," said the Professor, still being carried off by Mr. Valentine. "Awake and breathing. We'll have your mind back to how it was in no time at all, I'm sure."

Rita slumped to the floor and let out a shaky sigh, then noticed how close she was to the severed mechanical arm and shuffled away a few feet. "Next year I'm going swimming instead."

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Lee

"Great," Lee says, turning to go now that Emma's survival isn't in question. "I'll be practicing." Putting in earbuds, Lee makes for the Danger Room. Today has been a load of bullshit, and it's time to let off some steam. And explosions.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Pyotr

Pyotr carried Illyanna into the school, behind the Professor. He knew he was probably going to get a more-than-stern talking to. He knew that she and the others had been sent to kill a psychic, but he also knew that she would never do something like that.

"Is- is she going to be okay?" he asked, holding his sister close.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Rene - Wolfsbane

Wriggling into the green summer dress, the wolf delicately takes up the remaining clothes and shoes in her jaws. Clumsily loping through the portal. Once back on home ground, Rene stumbles behind a bush, and quickly transforms, slipping into her clothes again.

"Blegg!" She coughed. "Oh god, that tastes awful!" The worst chew toy. She made a mental note of that for later. Rene winced as she found her graze, a blush of red amongst the green. "Dammit. I liked this dress." She crossed back over to Rita. Picking her up and hugging her. "I'm sorry kiddo." She looks worriedly at Jane.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Wolverine

Tossing the arm onto the lawn — she'll make sure Valentine gets it later, once he's not on Professor duty — Jane turns her attention to Rene. She gives her a bit of a look, pointedly studying the bullet graze, and says, "C'mon, Rene, what have I told you about playing fetch with bullets?" A beat. "Sorry about your chess thing, Rita. Mind if I borrow Rene and get her patched up?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Storm
PP: 1 | XP: 2 | Stress

"If it means anything," says Kia, as she walks up to Jane's side, "I made sure the jerk who did it got a nasty shock." She shoots an apologetic look at Rita now, "And yea, sorry it didn't go as well as you wanted it to go. Maybe next time?" If there'll even be a next time. Kia turns her attention to Jane, sharing the same worried look as Rene now, "I'll join you two, if that's alright."

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Blink

After a couple moments, Clarice comes back through, pushing a wheelchair and a shoe in front of her and closing the portal behind her. Mostly, it had looked like everyone had started off towards...whatever.

"Uhm, Professor...I've uh, got your chair." A keen observer might see that her hands were a distinctly lighter shade of pink - almost as if she had a white-knuckle grip on the thing to keep from falling over from the panic of the whole situation. But after a moment or two she steadies herself, draws in a deep breath, and then lets go.

"I think uh...I think that's enough for today, yeah?"

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
"Make no mistake, this is definitely a nasty piece of work, but the prognosis is good," said the Professor as Mr. Valentine dropped him into his wheelchair. He winced, sucking air in through his teeth. "Please, Adam. I can't use my legs, but I can still feel them."

"Sorry, Charles." Mr. Valentine held up his hands in apology. The Professor experimented with the motor and set off for his study with Pyotr, carrying Emma, and Jean following along.

"It's like no form of psychic intrusion I've seen before. It appears more like a... I suppose the best analogy would be a computer virus?" The Professor continued, back on topic immediately. "It's as if a secondary mental template has been implanted, as both a defence against psychic probing, and a means of control. Right now it is self-destructing, or at least attempting to. However, as you are aware, we have had some recent experience with psychic parasites and how to deal with them."

He paused as he got to his study, and steepled his fingers. "However, I would very much like to find out who designed this mental programming, and what their intentions are. I can only hope our guest will be able to help us with the answers to our questions, once she is up and about again."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Jean Grey

To Blink, she adds with a relieved tone, "Thanks a lot, that was a literal lifesaver there." Her eyes flick over to watch Lee walk off. With Sarah out of the picture, did that make her the de facto leader? Had she really earned the right to boss people around like that? Maybe they needed to have a talk. The X-Men were like herded cats right now, with different groups splitting into smaller cliques. Was that okay? Should she try and reach out? Well, there's other things that come first.

Following after, Jean says, "I had a hard time getting in, but-" She gives a twist of her lips that's both worried and wary as she looks to Emma. "We'll do everything we can.", she says to Pyotr.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Pyotr

Pete kept walking. He looked angry and it was like the first night that he was in the mansion, when Jean spoke to him the first time. He was just radiating anger and it didn't take a mindreader to spot who he was mad at.

"Thanks," he said through gritted teeth. "I screwed this up, huh?" he said quietly. "I give professor poo poo for not taking this seriously and then, first chance I get, I act like idiot and-" he shifted Illyanna in his arms. "Hhhn. Whatever. Later."

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
"I'm almost getting used to how weird life is these days," Rita said to the others with a sheepish smile. "Did you know I always get a birthday card from my dad, no matter what? I haven't ever seen him my whole life and he still manages to track me down here at the secret mutant school and drop it off personally... somehow."

A sound began to ring out. Not a class bell, not a fire alarm, but a tone that everyone sort of knew. They'd only ever heard it from examples and the very occasional drill. It was the raid alert. Someone was making their move on the school, and it wasn't going to take a far-fetched guess as to who it might be.

"This is about how the day is going, isn't it?" Rita asked, half-rhetorically, half-sarcastically. Other students were starting to move throughout the Institute, heading for their designated shelter areas. Secret passageways and doors to allow everyone to get out of sight, out of danger, and, if necessary, out of the grounds entirely.

Red alert! There's intruders on the grounds.
Doom Pool: 3d6

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Rene - Wolfsbane

Ah crap crap crap crap! Rene grunted with pain as she started half jogging. Carrying Rita towards the School.

"Okay kiddo! You know what to do! Get to the safe rooms, and look after everyone else. Especially Harvey Grove. You know he's gonna burst into tears without you to keep him in line." Rene quipped. Harvey was that special breed of kid. The arsehole who loved to push, but really couldn't handle getting pushed back. Rita had had a lot of things to say about him. Mostly about how he was a bully. Rene knew that Rita could handle him. But it seemed like a good way to tell her to look after herself and the others. A kinda cool, cocky way, the kinda thing an action hero might say.

Rene really hoped she sounded like an action hero right now.

With Rita running through the school doors, Rene turned back to the others. Her injury would have to wait. Okay, she could totally rip this dress up for bandages, but it was her nicest dress! She only wore it for special occasions, like birthdays, and first dates and the like. Super important stuff! She had no choice, she wasn't risking anything happening to it! She looked back at her (girl)friends.

"I swear, the first one of you to make a "shaving my legs" joke is getting bit!" She said, and started to shift. The half way between man and wolf, and more. Rene threw the dress off over her head as her body grew thick, bristly fur. Canines elongated, she grew taller, thicker, her muscles straining under her thick skin.

Werewolf Mode Rene cast the clothing aside, and cracked her knuckles. "Let's get this over with." She growled.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Blink

"Uh...oh?" Clarice didn't like alarms, generally they happened right before she Blinked out of a secure area, carrying loot with her. Obviously, this time was different, and thus, worse.

No loot to be had today. "So, that's bad, yeah?" She glanced helpfully at the fuming Pyotr - hopefully he'd snap out of it. Lee went off to who-knows-where - which kind of left Clarice with the weird girlfriends triad and Jean. So uh, that was something. She wasn't especially close to any of them (and Jean spooked her, still), but, well...

"No time like the present, right? I uh, where do you want me, and what do you want me doing, guys?"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Rene - Wolfsbane

Ah, it was Blink! Perfect! Rene could feel the nerves oozing off of her. She'd seen how she was from the fight before. Clarice wasn't like Jane, or her. But she had a task in mind that she could hopefully handle.

"Fast Recon. Locate where they're coming from and how many of them there are. Don't let them see you. Locate, Identify, then report back. After that focus on getting any students still on the grounds who can't fight inside the mansion. Once that's done, then we'd appreciate some help tackling these guys. I know fighting isn't your usual wheelhouse. So do what you can, but don't take stupid risks, okay?"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Blink

For half a second, Clarice almost took offense to the fighting wasn't her wheelhouse thing. She'd been in scraps before, and she knew how to handle herself - I mean heck she stabbed the Shadow King but good...

...but she wasn't really proud of that. And all the gunfire before really freaked her out. So she only scrunched up her face for a moment. Besides, it wasn't like she was like Rene, or Jane, all growly and stabby or scratchy and all that, or like Pyotr and his buff metal buffness. Her powers weren't exactly of the explosive variety like Jubilation's or Kia's, and she wasn't a spooky psychic like Jean.

Yeah ok she sort of got Rene's point.

"F...fine, but...but don't expect me to just sit on the sidelines!" What in the world would possess her to say something like that, she wondered, as she concentrated a moment.

BLUNK went the portal that she opened up to the grounds outside. Quiet was good and all but she still needed to get to where she was going quick - besides, if this was the same people as before they already knew she could do the whole teleporting thing, so it's not like it was a surprise, really.

"Just...make sure Pyotr gets his sister back, if that's who it is. And if it isn't...you don't make him do what needs to be done, promise." She didn't wait for Rene to respond really, before stepping through.

Fuego, let me know if I should make any rolls here, or once she steps through to see what the heck's going on.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Lee

Lee only manages to get two steps into the Danger Room and put her mom's hoodie in a corner before the raid alarm begins. "Okay," she says, grimacing as she stops adjusting her sports bra and glares at the nearest alarm. "Fine. loving fine!" Pushing against the crowd's tide, Lee hurries back to the foyer and her assembled teammates, before ignoring everyone to beeline for the front exit. "Okay, shitbirds," she shouts, slamming a boot against the door to open it. "Who's first for the worst day of the rest of their lives?!"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Wolverine

It really was one of those days, wasn't it? As Rene wolfs out in front of her, Jane takes a few exploratory sniffs to see if she can't pick up who's attacking and from where. If it was the same lot from the chess tournament, she had their scent, and if it wasn't... well, that'd tell her something too. She says, "Right there with you, Rene. Maybe do a bit of the Predator act, divide them and conquer?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Jean Grey

"Don't-" Jean starts to Piotr, but then just falls quiet, looking to the fallen Illyana, and then to the Professor. The idea of just leaving them alone against trained assassins seemed like a bad idea. Still, she looked to try and link up with the others. . o O (May I see what you see? Maybe I can coordinate from here.), she thinks to the others, before looking to the Professor. "Can we tell where the alarm was tripped?"

She sighed. It never seemed like trouble took a pause, these days.

Rolling to create a Telepathic Tactics asset, rolling Team d10 + Heart of the Team d8 + Telepathic Mastery d10 + Combat Expert d8 = 16 with a 1d10 effect and no opportunities.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Storm
PP: 1 | XP: 2 | Stress

Well, so much for taking this time to relax, "Never a dull moment, huh?" She says, with a heavy sigh. She could now hear Jean's voice in her head, and she responds back to the psychic . . o O (Go ahead. Just don't go reading my inner thoughts, yea? I like to keep those private.)

Turning to her two feral girlfriends, she asks them, "Want me to provide some support while you two do your silent stalker routine?"

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Pyotr

Pete continued to walk to the infirmary, even after Jean was silenced by the alarm. He shifted, holding Illyanna in his arms, and looked to the Professor. "She- she turned into a diamond. Like how I do with metal," he said quietly. Jesus, this had really taken it out of him. "I do not know- that is not something I have seen before. I can speak with Sage? Bring her here?"

He could sense that somewhere in the school, Mister Valentine had just gotten a headache and wasn't sure why.

. o O (What's happening up there?)

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
As Blink stepped through the portal, everything seemed normal. Then people began to emerge, from behind trees and bushes. In some sort of tactical gear, faces covered, and... something wasn't quite right. Their proportions were strange, their movements irregular. They made odd rasping, rattling noises with every step. But the guns they were holding looked real enough, and after one confused moment that stretched out for too long, they opened fire.

When Lee walked through the front door of the mansion, the same people – things, whatever they were – were out there too. Four of them, swaying slightly as they moved like animals. Nightvision goggles gleamed brightly in the light, but it didn't seem to faze them in the slightest. Wolverine could smell metal, cloth, plastic, rubber... only clothes and weapons out there, nothing about what was making them move. Whatever these weird soldiers were, they weren't human. But there were a lot of them. It was hard to get a specific number when they all smelled the same, but at least two dozen. Maybe more.

In the Professor's study, Emma/Illyana was lain down on the comfortable couch, and the Professor placed his fingertips on her head. "Forge says that there are conflicting signals. The system is designed to trigger on human presence, so we don't jump out of our skin every time a squirrel bumps into a sensor. But whatever is inside the grounds is only partially human... I'll spare you the technical aspect and sum it up: it may be a mutant power of some kind. However, I need my concentration here, so I cannot assist in dealing with the problem until this young lady is safe. And Pyotr, I would assume that she has a mutant ability much like yours. Full-body organic transformation into a durable substance. If you could just pass on a message that I need to speak with her, Sage is more than capable of contacting me remotely. Distance means little to her."

He closed his eyes and began to hum under his breath, his brow furrowed in focus. Jean could perceive the psychic energy radiating off him, like glimmering surgeon's tools... or perhaps those of a mechanic instead? This was the most intent she'd ever seen him, even during their sessions together.

"There's a foreign cogency in here, like a security system," he said after a few minutes. "It's overlaid through her cerebral patterns, hiding them from psychic perception. But it also connects parts of her mind that would otherwise be incongruous. To think certain thoughts, do certain actions, and it all collapses like a house of cards. Clearly she did something she was not meant to... and now her brain is being constricted by it all. How thoroughly unpleasant to think someone actually designed this."

Blink needs to beat a 13 to avoid d8 physical damage!

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Pyotr

Pete stood there next to the couch before crouching down to get closer to the Professor's eye level. He looked at Illyana and then back at the Professor. He heard that he should contact Sage and it was something he could do to help.

"At once," he said, before pausing. "Professor- I-" he glanced. He wondered quite what it was he could say. He saw the Professor close his eyes and begin to focus.

He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out his phone before flipping through his contacts to call Sage. He wasn't gonna leave this to a text. If she didn't answer, he'd call again.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Blink

Clarice was mildly distracted as she stepped through the portal. Having Jean in her head was, uhm, odd. She was doing her level best not to broadcast paranoia at having someone else hearing her thoughts, but still, she gave permission. Needs, musts, wants - and all that.

She almost didn't notice the weird marionette people, but had enough presence of mind to broadcast that. "Hey, do you know this crowd...woah AGH!!!" was how the message cut off, for Jean.

"Eep!" Was what verbally came out of Clarice's mouth as she hastily threw open another portal. Luckily this wasn't the first time she was shot at, so she generally was about ready to go with it. She hated bullets, so she dived into the portal, hoping not to get grazed, shot, or perforated.

rolling 1d10 Solo, 1d8 Fae Trickster, 2d8 Teleport with Versatile, and 1d8 Acrobatics.

@LifeGetsWorser: 4d8+1d10 You can dodge bullets!? = (5+7+1+6)+(4) = 23

That would be a 13 with a d10 and an opportunity. I'll spend my PP and make it an 18 and not get shot, though.

BLUNK! the noise went as she rolled back to her previous location, unceremoniously tumbling out of the portal onto her rear. "Oooof!" After a quick once-over to make sure she didn't have any new piercings, Blink got to her feet as the portal snapped shut behind her. "Okay, uh...numbers: lots. Guns, too. Friends of anybody's? Didn't seem to like me."

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Oct 11, 2018

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Wolverine

. o O (Yeah, go for it.)

Jane thinks quickly, trying to make sense of it all. Not human, probably not robots or anything like that... well, maybe. If they were from that same group as before, they clearly had a lot of weird tech poo poo going on. Nothing says that they couldn't make robot soldiers. She says, "Not mine. I'd guess we've got, eh, a couple dozen of 'em at least. Guns?" Rhetorical question, really, she'd heard the report from here when they opened up. "Well, just doing some napkin math here, we're way outnumbered. But..." Her eyes sharpen, a predatory look beginning to take hold. "If you can get me out into the woods behind them, Blink, I can give 'em something to think about back there while you all keep them from breaking into the mansion proper."

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
"Yo, Pete," said Sage over the phone, picking up instantly. "Is this about the chess tournament thing? Because, wow, you guys really can't go anywhere, huh? Everyone is going nuts about it."

A 13 beats a 13, don't worry about spending that PP.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Rene - Wolfsbane

"Guns?! How did they get guns?! They- oh, right, America. I keep forgetting that." She reach a hand out to Blink. "Help you up?"

Rene glanced over at Jane. "You thinking flank and then hit and run?"

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Pyotr

Pyotr bristled. Everyone was going nuts about it.

"I need you here at the school," he said, rather flatly. He did this thing sometimes where he'd get laser focused and bullheaded to the point of ridiculousness. "My sister has a computer program in her brain that's killing her."

Sigh.

"I know..."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Wolverine

Jane nods, "Yeah, that's the play. They've got numbers and guns, but guns don't help much when you can't draw a bead. Hit, run, repeat."

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Blink

Clarice graciously takes the fuzzy hand up and smiles. "Oooh, let me help! I'm not psychic and I am super not sure where the students are, the least I can do is deposit you guys in a useful spot before I get told where else to go."

Glancing uhm, upward, into her head where Jean was listening in, she adds Can you like, pick the students out maybe? After I taxi our lycanthropes you can point out to me where I can actually go for retrievals? In retrospect, this was sort of like...reverse stealing. Or kidnapping?

Well...reverse kidnapping/stealing, so that was fine.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Jean Grey

. o O (I'm way more worried about the people trying to school shoot than your deepest darkests. Surface and senses only.), Jean thinks aloud with eyeroll, and rubs her head. "Trying to process those extra senses out there are giving me a little lot of a headache, though...", she admits out loud, if not on the link itself. Having to process the input of normal human brains and heightened hearing or smell - well, It's like a sharp white noise on one end of the line. She looks apologetically to the Professor. "... not that it's a big deal."

Focusing on Blink, she sends an impression of a nod. She's balancing a lot of mental plates, but searching will be like- pull other students into her sensory net to give Blink a bead, and back out again. Not exactly perfect telepathic ethics, but lives are a little more important right now. . o O (Just let me know when you're ready.)

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
"That sounds awful, but exactly my kind of thing," Sage replied, and Pyotr could faintly hear the sound of her sitting down heavily in a comfortable chair. "Be there in a second, lag permitting."

The corner of the Professor's mouth twitches into a smile for a moment, then back to sombre concentration.

That concentration was going to be put to the test, as several smoke grenades were pitched through various windows. Just as many, however, clattered off the wall and stayed outside. Whatever was happening out there, it wasn't very coordinated.

There's now a d6 complication, smoke cover, which will inevitably be messing with you a bit.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Pyotr

It was impressive how relaxed and willing to go with it Sage was. "I do not know lag," he said.

He stood there in the room full of psychics and felt like a writer on a movie set. Nothing he could do but just... stand there until someone asked him a question or told him to leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Rene - Wolfsbane

"Okay, set the portal and we'll draw their fire... Jane will draw their fire. She's a lot more bullet proof then me." I sent back a mental 'woof' at Jean's message. "Ready to go when you are."