Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Wolverine
PP: 4 | XP: 20

Jane laughs at that, "Well, I'd rather nobody get all shot up, but better me than you. Ready when you are, Blink."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Blink
PP: 1|XP: 10| Stress:

Okay, okay, lots of people talking to her in and out of her head. Clarice's heart was beating like a hummingbird's wings. But okay, that was fine for now.

"Okay, here we go, quick jaunt for you two and then....phew...public transportation." Truth be told, Blink was a little worried - she had never HAD to open this many portals in rapid succession before, she wasn't entirely sure she'd be able to handle it. But...at least she wasn't being shot at, so...

Deep breath. Portal open. In and out, at least for her. I mean, it'd be great if Jane and Rene weren't seen, too, but especially if Clarice wasn't noticed right away, so she tried to remember a spot where the weird gunbots weren't, at least last time she was there.

BLUNK

"All aboard!"

Mercurial Moods d8, Team d6, Teleport 2d8, Covert Expert d10, spending a PP for another d6 to create a Portal Asset for Wolfsbane and Wolverine, and stepping up the effect dice.

@LifeGetsWorser: 3d8+1d10+2d6 Ferrying Wolvie and Wolfy = (7+6+2)+(4)+(3+4) = 26

Not too bad, a 13 with a d12 Effect dice for the Portal.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Storm
PP: 1 > 0 | XP: 2 | Stress

Kia waves Jane and Rene off as Blink portal's them away, and after they're gone, she flies up high enough to get a good view of the outside grounds of the mansion. Jane and Rene are tough, but they'll need all the help they can get dealing with the gunbots. She could rain down lighting upon them, like an angry goddess, but it's too risky, and she could accidentally hit something she didn't mean to, so she decides to go with a different approach. "Okay, Kia, calm down," she takes a deep breath, "You can do this. Just remember what they taught you." She closes her eyes, and begins to focus, and soon, a heavy fog begins to envelop the area outside the mansion, covering it in a heavy mist.

After creating the fog, she sends a quick mental message to the team . o O (Don't worry about the fog. Just a bit of weather manipulation from yours truly. Should help our two feral girls take down the bots outside.) With their heightened senses, fighting through the fog should be no problem. The bots, on the other hand, might find it a lot harder to see.

Rolling to create a Fog Asset. d8 Strong-Willed Girl, d10 Team, d12 Weather Supremacy, d8 Combat Expert. That's a 13 with a d12 effect and no opportunities. Spending a PP to make it last for the scene.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Lee
PP: 3 | XP: 8

Faced with the mansion's attackers, Lee freezes. A grotesque facsimile of a SWAT team, come to take her remaining home: it's a nightmare amalgam of her lowest moments come to life.

Why bother, then, the darkness asks, seeping in from the edges of her mind. Why do anything? You'll just wind up back here, again. Forever. Until it finally kills you too.

"gently caress off!" The sound of the shattering windows breaks Lee from her stillness, and she throws her hands up ahead of her as she shouts, casting plasmoids across the mansion's front lawn. That the attackers are caught in it is less than an afterthought.

Solo d8, Firecracker d4 (+1 PP), d10 Energy Blast (Full Force), 3d6 Area Attack, d8 Combat Expert: 21 (-1 PP) w/ d8, d6, d6 & d4 Physical Stress effect dice, no opportunities.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
The intruders before Lee are utterly, thoroughly incinerated. Nothing left but a few scraps of still-smouldering material and scraps of metal. They made no sound, no reaction at all as they burned, still going through the motions as they were obliterated. Whatever they were, they weren't human, or even machines. There wasn't much left of them, but it was clear that there ought to have been more left if those combat suits had been packed with robotics.

Out in the grounds, Blink stepped back to where she had been, with Wolverine and Wolfsbane in tow this time. Not exactly where she had been, to avoid any more gunfire, but close enough that all three of them could see shapes moving unevenly through the fog that had risen up.

Now that she was closer, Wolverine could pick up a faint scent from these intruders, whatever they were. It wasn't a familiar scent at all, not even tickling the ruined memories in the back of her mind. Amid the scent of oil on the guns and the fabric weave was... dirt. Not regular dirt, though. It had this damp, organic factor to it. Something a little like mud or clay, but still off. It was nothing that occurred in nature.

Barring the alarm still going off, everything was quiet in Xavier's study. He wasn't moving, neither was Emma/Illyana. Which is why it was so difficult for Pyotr to catch what she said, her voice barely a whisper, her lips slow to move.

"Я видел тебя на телевидении," she said, eyes still closed. "Вы безошибочно. Я никогда не чувствовал себя так счастливым."

Unsteadily she lifted her hand, straining with the effort, and was relieved but not surprised when she found it being held. Eyes still closed, she smiled faintly. There was no mistaking whose hand that was. "Я старался не реагировать на то, чтобы видеть тебя там. Но я хотел дать тебе самое большое объятие. Моя жизнь была довольно несчастной."

She took a short, sharp breath and twitched, as if someone had just poked her. It took her a moment to return to her train of thought, although it had apparently switched tracks. "Savez-vous ce que la formation d'espionnage est comme? C'est littéralement le pire."

The Professor cleared his throat lightly. "My fault there, sorry. Your sister has a very keen intellect, you know."

"Je vous remercie. Je suis désolé d'avoir été envoyé pour te tuer."

"A peine ta faute, hein?" The Professor replied, and Illyana twitched again. "Sorry, Pyotr, but you'll have to manage for now."

"Manage with what? Oh, I see." Illyana sounded stronger than when she had started talking, but was still hardly the effervescent person she'd been back when Emma Frost had walked so confidently out onto the stage. "I don't think I have the energy for complicated words, anyway."

Sorry for the inexcusable delay on this, but I've been prepping to move house and it is stressful and exhausting.
Doom Pool: 3d6

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Wolverine
PP: 4 | XP: 23

As Wolverine ponders the figures in the fog, particularly their unusual scent, she quickly comes to a realization: while it sounds like early efforts to repel the invading puppets (or whatever it is they are) have been successful in other parts of the estate, things are going to get way too dangerous if they let the invasion continue unchecked. If she can pull them off into the fog, get them hunting phantoms, that should give everyone holding the mansion a leg up when push comes to shove. She pulls Wolfbane close, muttering, "Time to play Predator. Follow my lead, hit and move, disrupt their formation. Speed is gonna be key." The hold lingers just a touch too long to be completely chaste, then Jane bops her on the shoulder... though she does need to get up on her tip-toes to reach. Rene is quite a bit taller when she wolves up. "Let's enjoy the hunt, eh, Rene?"

A moment later, she melts into the fog covering everything. Kia was definitely thorough. It was more like a thick soup than whispy low-flying clouds. Using everything that she'd learned through the practice in the Danger Room, as well as her own considerable instincts and experience, she begins hunting the enemy. Inflicting damage isn't the priority, to be sure, though there's no way she'll pass up a target of opportunity along the way.

Dice Pool: d8 The Best There Is At What I Do, d8 Enhanced Reflexes, d8 Team, d10 Covert Master, d10 Adamantium Claws.

Playing Predator: 3#1d8 8 6 1 2#1d10 9 6
Fog Bank Asset: 1d12 11

Keeping 17 with a d12 effect to create a Harried and Hunted complication on the soldiers. One opportunity, hit my 3xp trigger.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Pyotr
PP: 1| XP: 8

Where the hell was Sage?

He mumbled back to Illyanna right up until she switched languages. Wait. She didn't speak- Was that French?

He looked over at the Professor and then back again, feeling entirely too helpless.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Rene - Wolfsbane
PP: 1 | XP: 16 | Complications:

Rene snuggled in closer to Jane. Allowing her a few moments of unchaised thoughts. Stupid wolf senses making her scent fill Rene's nose and send her a little giddy.

"Right. Like I don't have my eyes glued to your rear end the whole time anyway" she woofs. Not like Jane would actually understand her wolf yips. So she could at least say the things she'd be far to embarrassed to admit to with a human mouth.

Rene crouched low. Ready to charge. Claws out. Bright eyes sharp and teeth bared.

- - - -

On The Hunt: 3#1d6 6 6 3 2#1d8 3 8 1#1d10 5

Roll result: 14
Effect dice: d10

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 20, 2018

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Jean Grey
PP: 1 | XP: 3

"Everything seems to be going well out there- I mean, as far as violence goes.", Jean says to Xavier. "Strange attackers, though, not quite human, and not quite..." She squints, rubbing her head. "... level of sensory input isn't exactly something I've learned on yet."

She looks away, as if focusing more on the sensory input from the link than her actual surroundings. "Still, it makes me thinkthis can't be the only thing that's coming, it's like all we're seeing so far are the pawns." She looks to Illyana. "Chess themes, right? I know you've just woken up, but we could use some clues here."

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Blink

At Rene's momentary snuggling of Jane, Clarice squints. Now wasn't really the time for PDA, right? At least Jane started doing the mission thing, and Rene followed her into the fog. Blink would've waved them good luck, but they wouldn't have seen it anyway and it definitely would've given up their positions if they could've seen it, so instead...

BLUNK

She steps back through to her previous position in the Mansion. "Okay, okay Jean...oh uh, wait a second."

Jean! Where'm I going next? She thinks at the other girl as loudly as she can.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Lee

Hands on her knees and breathing hard, Lee glances up to discover the attackers... gone. . o O (Uh, front lawn is clear. I think?) Straightening, she looks around for sign of further attackers. . o O (What the hell is going on?)

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
"I don't know everything, of course," said Illyana, sounding somewhat pained, "but I did my best to learn who I was working for. Who I was being made to work for, I should say. All I know is that they're called the Project, and they recruit individuals with... what's the word... promise? Potential? Not just mutants, but anyone smarter, faster, stronger than everyone else. I was very good at chess, which is how they measure potential for my particular subset of the Project... two sides, White and Black. White for secret operations, infiltration, that sort of thing. Black for... oh, I'm forgetting the word... messy... wetwork, that's the one. These are not the spies who hide in plain sight. They are the ones who kill everyone, burn the place to the ground, and salt the earth."

Pyotr's phone buzzed. It was a message from Sage. It read: Hey buddy! Your sister's brain is a mess but the Prof and I are fixing it up. It is uncomfortably similar to my family's abilities, a sort of mix of psychic and technological. I wanna meet whoever did this to her and shake them warmly by the neck, get me? Trying not to multitask too much, I know how important this is for you. But make sure the institute's internet connection stays up or I won't be able to stay connected.

Outside, hunting the enemy was not going as well as first intended. As clumsy and ungainly as these intruders were, they acted as a single unit, sharing information with each other near instantly. The moment one was ambushed, the others would instantly know about it, and it was instant. Wolverine and Wolfsbane managed to distract them, but there were more of them out there than before. Something was producing these creations, sending them out to assault the Institute.

"Knight flanks from unorthodox positions. Bishop assists and supports. Queen is versatile, and Rook runs protection. King oversees the situation," said Illyana, back in the Professor's study. "Five members to a side, but I don't think the King is ever in play... so to speak. I've never even met White King. Not likely to now, either."

I am still learning to balance my new home life with postin' on the internet. Delays may continue and I once again apologise for that. Buying that opportunity from Wolverine, and the "Harried and Hunted" complication does not stick.
Doom Pool: 1d8

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Wolverine
PP: 4 | XP: 23

Wolverine takes a moment to consider the ceaseless tide. For every one, two, or half-dozen of the soldiers they take down, it seems like there's another few ready to replace them. Clearly a change in tactics is necessary. She thinks hard at Jean for a moment, figuring that's the best way to get through to Rene without giving away her position.

. o O (Alright, change in plans. We're gonna get overrun if we don't figure out where these things are coming from. I'll try and track where they're coming in from, then give 'em something to worry about. In the meantime... well, hold the line.)

With purpose in her step, she fades back into the fog. Scents and sounds flood over her as she pushes her senses to the limit. There has to be something that she can track, even if it's only the strange lack of scent these things have. An absence is almost as telling as the presence, hopefully. And equally hopefully, Rene can keep the puppets tied up while she works...

Find the Source: 2#1d8 6 3 2#1d10 9 3

15 with a d10 effect to find the source of the puppets.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Rene - Wolfsbane
PP: 1 | XP: 16 | Complications:

Jane vanishes into the mist. The thoughts relayed by proxy. Rene huffs. Alpha chases other prey. But pack must hunt together! But Rene is good wolf. Rene will hunt. The adrenaline pumping through her form as she gave into the feral instincts of her bestial half. All that time in the jungle. She'd never had the chance to let loose like this.

God, gently caress this felt amazing.

- - - -

Solo D8, Wild side D8, Superhuman Senses D10 (Claws and Fangs = D8 & D6), Menace Expert D8, Bezerk D8 (taken from Doom Pool stepped up and added back after resolution): 5#1d8 5 8 2 7 7 1#1d6 5

Roll Result: 15
Effect Dice: D8 D10

- - - -

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Jean Grey
PP: 1 | XP: 3

Jean frowns. "The others we faced before were white... so are these black? Do you know anything about the machines they're up against?" She looks suspiciously about. . o O (One moment. Back up Lee if you have can, Blink, she's off on her own right now. I might have something else for you in a moment.), she thinks at Clarice and Lee, and then looks to Xavier. "We need someplace safer than this office. I feel like we're waiting for the other shoe while a lot of the heavies are outside 'cept Peter. What's the safest place in the mansion?"

And is it really safe?, she thinks to herself, second-guessing every notion at the moment. Stupid chess.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Blink

Right, on it! Taking the mental image of Jubilation's current location from Jean's mind, Clarice opens another portal and steps through.

BLUNK!

"Hey, Starbright!" Clarice pipes up as she steps through. "You okay? Think we've got another destination coming up in a second if you're all set with the jerks here." She holds the portal open a moment or two, long enough to see if there was anything else Lee needed help with out here before Jean gave Blink their next point to target. "From what I'm gathering these uh...guys?...are here for Pyotr's sister, for some reason?"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Lee

"Hhn," Lee bristles at her nickname, but still: a friendly face feels better than just waiting alone for more walking trauma right now. And, hey, at least it's Clarice. "Yeah," she replies to being set with these jerks, flashing her friend half a smile, "sorry you missed the fun."

She snorts in feigned disbelief at the suggestion this is over Pyotr's sister. "Figures. So maybe they don't have it out for specifically us, then, for all it matters." Limbering up, she steps up to the portal. "Let 'em come. We'll see what happens."

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Pyotr
PP: 1| XP: 8

Keep the internet connection up and running sounded like an objective Pete could get behind. He was frustrated that he'd finally found his sister again and there was literally nothing he could do to help her. He looked down at her, going from his crouch next to where the Professor was sitting so he could watch over her, to standing and turning on his heel.

A few moments later, on the lawn, the front doors of the school are kicked outwards, coming off their hinges. The huge metal man steps out, the baggy t-shirt he'd been wearing to the chess tournament now pulled tight over his gigantic frame. He grabbed a car that was parked near the entrance and dragged it in front of the doorway to block off the entrance and looked down at Clarice and Lee.

"Point me at something that needs hurting."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Storm
PP: 0 | XP: 2 | Stress

Kia descends down into the mist hoping to help Rene hold the line while Jane finds the source of the soldiers. Once she lands, she forms a knife made of electricity on her hand, and joins in on the hunt. Even if she doesn't have the same feral instincts that Jane or Rene do, she has little trouble travelling through the fog of her own creation, almost as if she was practiced in this. For now, she moves in, hoping to provide just enough of a distraction for Jane to do her thing.

Hunting through the fog: 1d6 3 3#1d8 4 4 8
Fog bank asset: 1d12 2

That is a 12 with a d12 effect!

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Blink
PP: 1|XP: 11| Stress:

"Uh..." Was Clarice's initial response to Starbright's 'bring it on!' comment.

Of course, Pyotr made his own rather...loud entrance finally. At least he was moving, which was good, but uh, he seemed a bit gung-ho, too.

"...um..." She responded to Pyotr's own desire to start throwing down. Everybody was getting a bit too into this whole battle crew thing. Blink wasn't convinced, of course, she always felt a bit more like a...well, smash and grab rather than a smash and bash. Should she maybe say something to Jubilation and Pyotr - undoubtedly her two closest friends since she came here. They'd probably understand if she told them she was getting a bit nervous about how crazy this all seemed.

"Heck yeah! Let's kick these jerks outta here!" She pumped her fist, waiting for Jean's orders. She really didn't feel this confident, but best to not let her friends know that.

Gonna take an xp for my over-excited demeanor to hide my fear over how intense this situation is getting.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Over a dozen more of the puppet soldiers fall, and there are easily dozens left. It was no wonder they were so poorly coordinated, given how many of them there were. Quantity over quality, it seemed. But their actions seemed to be switching from offensive to defensive as Wolverine, Wolfsbane, and Storm moved in on them. Then, amid the quiet, there were sounds. Words. Someone speaking. A hushed voice, full of complex emotions, but mostly annoyed.

"– maybe the entire school for all we know, and they're not exactly frightened ki– wait, damnit, they've made me, get me out of here now–"

The indistinct shape that had been speaking blurred, and for a moment Wolfsbane got a good look at him before he vanished entirely, just like the team at the chess tournament had done. Whoever he was, he had a distinctive face. Bulging eyes with deep bags underneath, balding and short, and dressed in fairly drab clothes with far too many pouches and pockets on, each one of them bulging full and dripping with the same mud that was staining his fingers. The moment he disappeared, every single puppet soldier collapsed.

There were several crates where he'd been hiding, a couple of miles out from the edge of the mansion grounds. Mostly empty now, but judging by what was left, they had been packed full of the gear and weaponry the puppets had been carrying. The same weird mud scent was all around, and the two feral mutants could pick out traces of it splattered everywhere.

The mystery villain beats a hasty retreat, leaving you safe for now... with 3xp apiece, and a mystery on your hands.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Wolverine
PP: 4 | XP: 26

. o O (Well, looks like the guy took off. Left some toys he'd been using to equip his dolls, though, which we should probably secure. How are things back at the mansion?)

Wolverine pokes around the crates a bit, but isn't terribly surprised to find that there's a general lack of identifying information and markings. It makes sense, these chess people being what they are, that they wouldn't make a dumb mistake like that... even if they are pretty drat yellow when things turn against 'em. She walks over, swatting Wolfsbane and Storm on the shoulder good-naturedly, and says, "Well, looks like we chased 'em off for now."

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Pyotr
PP: 1| XP: 11

Pete looked down at Clarice and nodded, a grin spreading over his face. Hell, it looked almost goofy on the big metal man. His electric blue eyes sparked and flared as he looked around, ready to leap into action when- all of a sudden he realised how quiet it had gotten. Lightning crackled around his osmium fists and he- well, he seemed deflated.

"Anyone else notice that it is quiet now?" he asked.

. o O (Hey. What's going on? Everything seems quiet out the front... Also, tell Mister Valentine I might have broken the suspension on his car when I moved it.)

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Rene - Wolfsbane
PP: 1 | XP: 19 | Complications:

"Blaghhhhhhhh...." Rene managed as she spat out the foul tasting clay. Starting to shift back into her human shape. Sighing and nodding sadly as she observed her now very stretched and ripped underclothes.

"Ahhhh dammit. This is why I can't have cute things." she muttered sadly. Holding it in place. She'd have to change later. Maybe she should just ask for some sportswear made of the same stuff as her X-Suit. Even if she couldn't help but wince at the mental image of a giant wolf in a sports bra. She'd just have to bare the embarrassment. At the very least her best dress had avoided getting shredded! So it's not the worst thing ever.

She looks up as Jane slaps her shoulder. Ow. "Yeah, for now. These guys are getting real serious. I mean... geeze that's a lot of guns to just abandon!"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Jean Grey
PP: 1 | XP: 6

"It's... over?", Jean says aloud, surprised.

. o O (Guess they didn't know what they were walking into.), she mentally communicates. Everybody seems mostly okay. Was she worrying too much? Well, yes. It seemed like she was worrying too much. She sits down, rubbing her temple. The headache of trying to manage all those sensory inputs didn't exactly help. . o O (Going to shut down the link.)

She takes a breath, and looks over to Illyana. "How many more attacks should we expect today?"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Blink
PP: 1|XP: 14| Stress:

"Oh, it's...it's over? What a...uhm, shame?" Phew! Clarice thinks to herself. She really didn't know how she was going to keep up the 'Gung-ho' thing once they actually got into combat, especially with the embarrassing way she had comported herself, erhm...both times the X-Men had gotten involved in a fight.

Okay, so she wasn't the most combative person ever, so so her.

"Hey uh...Pyotr - what's going on with your sister, anyway? I mean, I'm assuming the weird uniform ghosts are involved somehow, along with everything else. Maybe you can give me...err uh I mean us...some insight so we know what's going on? I feel kind of left out in the dark, here."

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Pyotr
PP: 1| XP: 11

Pete stood there for a moment, looking around for the inevitable sneak attack. When it didn't come he just kind of uncoiled, arms down to his sides and fists unclenching. The sound of metal sliding over metal hummed from deep within him and he shrank down to a more manageable size, hooded sweater and sweatpants returning to a normal, baggy size. He looked down at Clarice, that goofy smile of his fading into something almost mournful.

"I have not been exactly forthcoming, have I?" He chewed on his teeth for a second, little nervous tick working across his right temple. He turned, slumped and sat down on the steps outside the front of the mansion, now having to look up at Clarice. "So, I am not allowed home anymore. I am citizen of nowhere and-" another pause. He wanted to pick his words carefully and, while his English had come on leaps and bounds, there were still moments where he got the words but not the meaning, or vice-versa.

"I have a mother and a father, a sister and a brother. My sister is younger than me, and my brother was older than me. My parents were farmers which- no one could understand how their children were all so different and all so brilliant in so many different ways. Illyanna is-" he grunted. "The way I am strong, she is clever. One time, she challenged anyone in the town nearby to a game of chess and no one even got close. She was like Kasparov but still a child," he says, a grin spreading over his face at the memory. "She could be real brat about it."

"My brother, Mikhail. He was cosmonaut. He was first of us to become mutant." His expression became darker. "The first time he is in space- it is- it is like Professor says; A period of intense physical, emotional or mental stress causes mutation to manifest. He becomes active and has no idea what he is doing. We do not know what his powers are but I think he is teleporter because they never found his body. I think he just went poof, out of ship and drowned in nothing." He shakes his head. "He was like a mix of the two of us. He was smart, strong and- and I miss him every day. When... When people discover that famous cosmonaut is actually now mutant there is scrutiny of my family. When I find out I am mutant, it is at a camp for Olympics. I am going to win gold for Russia, become a hero. I was called Colossus even before I was mutant," he says with a deeply forced grin. It fades just as quickly as it arrived.

"When I am found out I am stripped of medals, forced off team for cheating and it is covered up. Then, Illyanna is- " he paused. "She was made of diamond. I can be metal, she can be diamond. She is probably tougher than I am! But the government and people find out about the cursed family Rasputin. It is not just my brother but- the whole family is rotten. My father gets to keep his farm, but my mother gets to be blamed... Three children, all of them mutants? They call her Проклятая Мать. She is blamed for us being mutant and- I am told to leave and never come home. I lose my name, my history, my country and Illyanna is taken by the government and I am cast out. This does not happen suddenly, though. It is like axeman's blade over us. I lose my entire family, everything I am and have, and I do not see her for two and a half years, and then all of a sudden we are there in a hall in the middle of one of the largest cities in the world and she is there too. She looks so different now. How she is dressed, how she has her hair, how she talks and sounds is all different but it is her. I do not know what has happened to her to make her into what she is now, but I know that if anyone tries to hurt her or take her away from me again-"

There's a pause.

"For those that try, it will be like every end of the world has come at once..."

I feel like I can invoke my 3 xp milestone here maybe?

3 XP when you make your Russian heritage the central issue of a confrontation or conflict.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Yeah, that's fine with me.

"How many more...?" Illyana sat up, and was immediately pushed back down gently by the Professor. "There's one, that's all they need. We were briefed that there are a small numbers mutants hiding among the student body here, but these are highly trained specialists with beyond cutting edge technology at their disposal. More than a match for a handful of teenagers... no offence."

"A handful of mutants among us, you say?" The Professor asked idly, smiling to himself. "My word, I had wondered about that."

Fuego Fish fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jan 9, 2019

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Lee

Staring vacantly at the horizon in dissatisfaction at the 'all clear', Lee tries her hardest to ignore Clarice and Pete's conversation. And fails. "Hhhn..." she grumbles, glaring ahead as Pete finishes his backstory. "poo poo."

"Well, comes to that, y'know where I am." Joining the two, Lee rests her elbows a few steps above her seat on the steps as her body slouches in exhaustion. "Feels better doing something, at least," she continues, looking over at the big guy with a half-sincere half-smile. "'Specially if means puttin' the pricks out to get us in their place."

"Guess you win." With a snort and a shake of her head, Lee sits up. "I'm part of 'the cause'," she adds, hands waving in facetious excitement that clashes with her simultaneous scare quote finger wiggling.

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jan 14, 2019

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Pyotr
PP: 1| XP: 14

Pete looked over at Lee, coming out of his reverie for a moment. "I appreciate the offer," he said with a nod. "I think that 'the cause,' as you say, is one worth fighting for. But I also think that people who want to harm us can not be tolerated," he said.

He grunted.

"Every time we get into a fight I have to hold back. Forge has given up trying to find out where my strengths upper limit is. Last week I benched the equivalent of a space shuttle and asked if he had turned on the resistance in the machine. He swore at me," he shrugged. "All that and I can not go home."

He sighed and leant back against the wall.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Blink

Well, that was zero for two for Clarice and her friends. Blink looked pensive, a moment. For her, her powers kicking in was a celebration - a ticket to freedom, a rescue from a boring life. Sure, the physical changes had made things rough sometimes but...overall it was the best thing that had ever happened to her, even if it made her even more of a minority than she already was.

But for Lee and Pyotr, it ruined everything for them. No wonder they were so angry all the time. That was probably the way with the rest of them, too. The rest of the team, heck, the majority of the rest of mutantkind. That sort of made Blink an outlier, really. But that was true in a lot of ways. Still, she knew she could do something here.

So she grabbed Lee by the wrist and pulled her over, and then, as best she could, hugged her two friends. One arm for each. Well, an arm to wrap around Lee's waist and an arm to kind of start to hug Pyotr - he was a bit too bulky to be enveloped by Clarice, even if he wasn't currently metal.

Still, she wasn't brokering any arguments on this point. The hug was happening. It was a fact. And a momentary glare of glowing green eyes told the other two they'd better participate, too!

"I am...really sorry, guys." Blink starts. It was clear she didn't mean about the hug. "Listen, once we're sure your sister's okay Pyotr - you, me, her, and this sourpuss here - " she gestures with an incline of her head towards Lee. "We're going to go do something fun! Okay, I mean it - really! No dumb mutant drama or worrying about saving the world or getting attacked by jerks - anywhere you all want. So start thinking of something!"

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Pyotr

Pete looked over at Lee when Clarice hugged into the two of them. He looked kind of taken aback by it all... but he hugged back. "I would like that very much. Something fun. The last time we tried that, a helicopter landed on me, exploded and I got a concussion."

He snorted and pulled away before grinning wickedly. His huge, tree-trunk thick arms wrapped around Lee and Clarice and he lifted the pair of them off the ground. "Let us go to find the others," he said with a nod, walking towards the rear of the mansion, the two newest X-Men carried in his arms.

"Kia! Jane! Rene! We are all clear up front!"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Rene - Wolfsbane

Rene waves to the trio as they approach. "And we're all clear back here! And look what I've got! Look at all these guns! I should probably warn you, I'm a Scot, so I've got no idea what I'm doing with any of these." She gestures to the armaments. "That said, we probably want to get rid of it all. I'd hate for them to call a SWAT raid for a bunch of illegal guns!"

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Pyotr

Pete blinked, eyes widening. "Maybe- maybe put the weapons down so as not to get fingerp- pawprin-" he paused. "Handprints on them."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Rene - Wolfsbane

"I'm sure it'll be fine. I don't have any fingerprints. Not anymore anyway. Burns are fun, you know?" All the same, she very very carefully put the guns down. "Also, do any of you have mouthwash? Because oh my god these guys taste gross."

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
The equipment in the crates was all standard sized, which contributed to the disconcerting appearance of the diminutive puppet-soldiers, but it was by no means entirely standard equipment. Within the crates were some of the odd projectile stun-guns that the mysterious force at the mall had been using, and some other things that looked more science fiction than science fact. The average person would probably dismiss them as being cutting edge military hardware that they hadn't heard of, but when you lived at a school with a hologram room and a supersonic jet, you got a little better at recognising technology that shouldn't exist... yet.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Wolverine

Jane shakes her head, "I don't think so, Rene. SWAT hasn't seen anything like this. Hell, I'm halfway sure it's so advanced that there aren't laws against having this kind of tech." She points to the stun guns. "It's not like they left us a crate of AKs. Let's have Mr. Valentine take a look at them, at least, and he should have an idea of whether it's something we can use or something we need to dispose of."

Putting action to words, she hefts up one of the crates of sci-fi wonder tech and looks pointedly at Rene and Pete, "You going to help bring this stuff in or what?"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Blink

It wasn't that Clarice was precisely the height of poise or grace to begin with, but the noise she made as a response of Pyotr's lifting her up was an incredibly undignified squeaking!

Once again, Blink was quite happy her skin was a rather pink hue to hide her blushing, both from the noise she had just made and from the fact she was hoisted suddenly, only mollified by the fact that Jubilation was lifted up as well, only to be UNmollified by the fact that Colossus was carting them behind the school like a...a couple sacks of potatoes to be met with the whole...feral threeway situation in the back!

So, Clarice was squirming a bit by the time they got there - the girl who could always go anywhere she wanted - trapped by one Russian bicep!

"This...this isn't what it looks like!" She protests vainly at the other group of girls, really unsure of what else to say and really, REALLY unsure of what it was this was supposed to look like.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Wolverine

Jane snorts, "What, Pete being about as subtle with hugs as..." She trails off pointedly, then does her best to look entirely innocent. It's probably the least innocent anyone has ever looked, by accident or otherwise. Given the sheer awkward radiating off of Blink, how could she pass up a few more good-natured jabs? "So do you, like, live there now? Not going to blunk to Tahiti or something?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Jean Grey
PP: 1 | XP: 6

"Well, I'm not doubting they're dangerous, but sounds like a group that's been a little too busy listening to their own fascist tune.", Jean says, and then looks to Xavier before closing her eyes. "I don't know about you, but after New York, I'm a little tired of all these secret projects floating around that don't seem to have any purpose other than causing hurt."