Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Jean Grey
PP: 2 | XP: 3

"Either way, we need to move.", Jean says to Jane and Sarah as she moves towards the food court entrance as she tenses. Hopefully, they can at least get out into the open, where- "I'll close the doors behind us." If they got out in the open, she could at least try and clasp down on the doors telekinetically. Not exactly subtle, but more subtle than knocking people around, hopefully. Colossus has Rita, and the rest of them could take care of themselves pretty well. She just needs to be ready to respond.

"And I was really looking forward to this, too...", she adds with a roll of her eyes as she quickens her pace slightly. "... any hope that they're just really sensitive mall cops?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Wolverine
PP: 1 | XP: 1

Moving along with the group, though in more of a predatory lope than a hustle, Jane shook her head, "Not unless the mall cops suddenly added some sort of...I don't know, ambulatory cat person to the staff. They smell..." Jane sniffs, then picks up the pace even further. "They smell like they've got a lot of friends."

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
The commotion growing in the food court hadn't quite spread far enough through the mall for it to reach Piotr and Rita, but there was definitely tension in the air. Most of it emanating from Piotr, at least from Rita's perspective.

"I'm fine, really! People bump into me all the time," she said, trying to defuse the situation. "I'm small, it happens."

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Piotr

Once they were outside the store, he crouched down and checked Rita over. Check her jacket. "You still got your phone on you?" he asked. "Anything new in your bag?" he asked. Honestly, he knew he was starting to look pretty paranoid here now that he knew that the spy stuff was real but- well, at least he knew it. "You sure you're alright?" he asked, before starting to walk with her to one of the exits into the parking lot.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Rita took a step back and held up one hand, the other still holding her bag. "I'm fine, Pete, really. I've still got everything, it was just an accident. I was in a rush."

She opened up the bag for Piotr to see inside. "See? Two magazines, Chess USA, and... don't laugh, ok? I got the latest issue of Diver. I wanted to get over my ocean fears a bit, maybe in time for... my birthday."

There was nothing else obvious in the bag except for the receipt, and sure enough she still had her battered old phone, along with some loose change in her other pocket.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Piotr

Pete tilted his head to the side, almost like he was working out a crick in his neck. He cleared his throat, took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "Alright," he said, quietly. "I am sorry. I get- I get defensive sometimes. I am not a fan of people bumping into people smaller than me," he said. So- he's not really a fan of people bumping into anyone, ever.

"We should head for the car." He was trying to present something a little closer to an attitude of calm. "Plus, I'd never laugh at something about your ability," he said. "You know, back home, I was going to be on cover of Jornl? It is like- fitness magazine. Then it turns out I am mutant, and they decide apparently I got free pass to looking like this, instead of working every day, nine hours a day," he said before pausing. Honestly, he was rather scared that he'd ruined the day out for Rita.

"You want piggy-back?"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Frog

Still running effectively blind due to a lack of animal senses or, y'know, telepathy to read what's going on, Frog did have one advantage running from her: she could slip through a crowd pretty easily without bumping into someone with her lithe frame and quick reflexes. With this she tries to do what she can to keep this chain of good examples going, and get herself to the exit to secure it ahead of time. This kind of goes against her apprehension towards splitting up earlier, but now's a really good time to not drag her feet.

I feel like this can work to invoke the 1 XP line of "I'm no rookie!" Overcompensation, ho!

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Rita needed no other prompting, and was on Piotr's shoulders as fast as she could climb.

"Maybe one day there'll be a mutant magazine, and you can be on the cover of that," she said cheerfully. It was hard to be anything but cheerful when you were a 12-year-old girl suddenly almost seven feet off the ground. "Things have got to change for the better, right? Like... eventually."

She tilted her head to one side. "Wait, do you hear people yelling?"

In the food court, the commotion was growing as everyone was doing their best to get out of the way as fast as possible. The angry woman had backup now, in the form of several men in nondescript clothing, baseball caps and hunting jackets.

One of them had approached her and placed a hand on her arm, which had been shrugged off angrily. He was keeping his voice low, but she wasn't.

"They were both here, I can smell the pair of them," she snarled, and interrupted his unheard response. "Yeah? Well management wants both of them, so do your drat job and find them. Get to the exits, now."

You can have that 1xp, but you're getting into a sticky situation here. Marius is on the... let's call it the north side of the food court. You're all on the south side. Your unknown antagonists are roughly in the middle. Rita and Pete are outside the food court but close enough to the north side of it.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Piotr

Pete cleared his throat. He nodded his head, turning his head slightly to glance over at the noise coming from the food court. "Alright," he said. "We're getting you outside and into the car," he said, walking towards one of the exits. Hopefully, he'd get there before the heavies did.

Getting Rita to safety is priority one at the moment.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Wolverine
PP: 1 | XP: 1

Jane spared a glance back at the food court and her eyes narrowed. It would be ideal if everyone could get to the exit before poo poo started going down, but... Well, worse came to worst, she was always better on her own.

Jane's main priority is to get Donna, Sarah, and Jean out rather than to pick a fight, right now anyways, but she'll hold back to buy them time if it doesn't look like they'll all make it out before the exits are sealed.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
The nondescript men in the food court fanned out and headed off to the exits, and somehow their callous disregard for anyone who wasn't "the target" just made them all the more threatening to the people still making their way out of the place. Phones were swatted out of hands, stamped on, for those foolish enough to stick around and try to record the scene. Mall security was taken down bloodlessly but ruthlessly, hands and ankles ziptied in moments. These men were professionals.

Not as much could be said for the woman, who was sniffing the air again, and following the trail straight towards Wolverine and the others. "Are you running, weapon? Are you a coward now? Are you finally going to let me end your miserable existence?"

People began to scream as the woman broke into a run, a charge, like some huge predatory cat chasing down prey. Bounding over tables and chairs, pushing people aside and heading straight for the four young mutants.

"I can smell you, runt!" The woman roared, and her eyes lit up when she finally saw Wolverine. A giddy, bloodthirsty delight, like a serial killer on Christmas morning. Half a dozen of the undercover operatives were catching up with her, hands reaching inside jackets and hoodies as they gained ground. "There's nowhere you can hide from me. Nowhere!"

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
M
0 xp, 1 PP

M didn't need enhanced senses to pick up on the woman's excitement at the possibility of doing damage to Wolverine. Could he catch up to her before she made contact? If it wasn't for the crowd and her wingmen he could have probably intercepted but as it was he'd have to bust through two or three obviously trained professionals before he'd have a chance. Then he'd have to deal with what seemed to be a combination of Wolverine and a city bus. People would get hurt. Marius would go for it anyway. Marius wouldn't see any other option. M wasn't that limited.

Professor Xavier had only just begun discussing working with his mental powers before the Xorn issue took up all his time and focus. It had taken a backseat to his general mental health. The Professor could have no doubt stopped the madwoman with a thought, or simply wiped the team's presence from her mind. M had neither the finesse or frankly the power needed for such tricks. What he could do is reach out to her mind, connect, and wrench the dial off. Fill her mind with psychic static. It'd be pretty drat hard to kill anything with the king of all migraines bursting in your head.

Rolling Solo d8, Perfection is My Mutation d8, Telepathy d8, and Psych Master d10 to inflict a Psychic Static complication.
Complication Roll: 3#1d8 8 5 1 1d10 10
Making that a 18 with a d8 effect and one opportunity. Tagging Wolverine to go next.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Wolverine
PP: 1->0 | XP: 1

Even as the angry cat-like lady charged towards Jane, she noticed the slight hitch in her step as... something happened. Probably psychic bullshit, given that she didn't really notice anything that would have caused it, which meant... Jean? She growled at the trio near her, "Get out of here! I'll hold her off!"

Cracking her knuckles as she turned around, Jane popped the claws. The lengths of adamantium shimmered in the soft lighting of the mall as she leveled them towards the woman. A feral grin spread across her face as she took in her scent. A bag of cats indeed. Picking up a table and hucking it at the charging woman, Jane launched herself into the air immediately after it and slashed through the metal like a hot knife through butter. The table fragments slammed back down to the floor with a crash as Jane ran her claws against each other. The resulting shower of sparks was very impressive.

Pointing her claws at the woman again, Jane said, "I don't know who the gently caress you think you are, but you don't need to worry about me running. You need to worry about me tearing you apart!"

Rolling Solo d10, I'm The Best There Is At What I Do d8, Enhanced Strength d8, Adamantium Claws d10, Menace Master d10, and Psychic Static d8 to inflict Emotional Stress. Per Fearsome, I add another d6 to the pool and step up my resulting effect die.

(Emotional) Stress Roll: 3#1d10 5 7 5 2#1d8 8 6 1d6 5
d8 Complication: 1d8 7

Spending a PP to keep three dice for my total, giving me 22 with a d12 effect. Tagging Jean next.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jan 17, 2018

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Marius — M — had little experience with other people's minds. But it didn't take Charles Xavier to realise they shouldn't look and feel like this. Broken, disjointed. Bits missing. It was like someone had taken a moving vehicle and removed a wheel here, there, part of the chassis, windows shattered and the shards of glass still going along as the thing kept moving despite all logic saying it shouldn't. There was pain here, anger, hundreds of screams, a baby's cry, necks snapping, guns firing. Could a mind look like a warzone? This one came close.

There was laughter.

She was laughing.

A grim, agonised laugh as she shook her head and glared down at Wolverine, eyes wide and mad as she took in the sight of the scrappy young mutant with claws out. She was visibly trembling, but with what? Nerves? Anticipation? Bloodlust? Erratic breathing and that fierce grin suggested maybe all of the above and more.

"Oh, baby girl," she cooed, and it did not sound at all pleasant when she did. She held up one hand and squeezed it into a fist. "I've been dreaming of this. My chance to fix their mistake at long, long last. You come at me with everything you've got, runt, and we'll see how the copy matches up against the original."

She squeezed her fist a little tighter, and slowly two blades slid out from the back of her hand. Thick and curved, like a pair of fangs. The unmistakeable gleam of metal coating them.

One of the men ran up to her and grabbed her by the arm. "Stand down, weapon!"

With lightning reflexes she grabbed him by the throat, lifted him off his feet, and threw him across the food court. All without looking away from Wolverine for a second, her eyes burning with hate.

"Go find the old man," she said slowly. "If anyone else gets between me and her... I'll kill you."

M's psychic interference comes at a cost, causing this mysterious stranger to get quite unhinged, but at least M gets 1PP out of it.
Doom Pool: 3d6

Meanwhile, Piotr and Rita were heading away from the food court, and finding themselves caught up in the rush of people also trying to get away. It got to be a bit of a crush as everyone went for the exit, many on their phones yelling to be heard over each other. Lots of talk about an attack, of terrorists, or criminals, of mutants. Rita held on tighter, even as the two of them got out into the sunlight.

"Pete?" She sounded frail and out of breath. "I think I'm having another p-panic attack..."

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Piotr

Pete walked calmly and with a reasonable pace towards the exit of the mall. He walked with Rita on his shoulders and ducked under the doorframe a little to actually stand outside in the sunlight, the crush of people around them easily being pushed aside by the big Russian. He glanced upwards, tilting his head slightly, hands on Rita's knees holding her in place. "C'mon, Rita," he said, moving around to where Cyclops had parked the van. He didn't have keys which was- annoying. He could pull the door off but that would leave him at square one, and make everyone mad at him.

"You're alright. We're fine," he said, smiling. "We're outside, everyone else knows to come outside, everyone knows that we're leaving. It is fine," he said, trying to calm her down. He reached up over his shoulders and lifted her off, over his head and placed her down on the ground before crouching to get closer to eye level. "See? Outside, where everything is safe." He stood with her beside the van and reached into his pocket. He looked around and- gently caress it, a McDonalds. That'd do. He pulled out his phone and grinned. "Alright. You can have my phone for a while. There is Gardenscapes," he said, putting a hand on her shoulder.

This- this wasn't working. He looked her square in the eyes and took a deep breath.

"Nepra," he said, staring straight at her. "That's your name for the next hour, okay? Nepra is water goddess in Dnieper river back home. You are X-man now, okay? This is field promotion, okay? You want to be X-Man, you stay calm. You got in there, you call Professor on my phone and you tell him what's happening and you keep talking. You have very important job, making sure home base knows what's going on. Can you do that?" he asked. "Can you do that, Nepra?"

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Rita's eyes went wide, and she nodded, holding the phone close like it was something precious to be protected. "I... I'll be ok. Go be a hero, Pete. I mean... Colossus."

Careful not to drop the phone, she gave him a thumb's-up of encouragement, perhaps more meant for herself than him. Then with a hesitant wobble, she set off. The sound of distant sirens was in the air. Things were probably going to get worse before they got any better.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Piotr

Piotr grinned and gave Rita a pat on the shoulder as she gave him the thumbs up. "First mission. Make a good impression, okay?"

He waited for Rita to be more or less most of the way there before turning around and just charging in a straight line towards where Jane was. He wasn't going metal yet, but the thought had crossed his mind.

Charrrrrge!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Jean Grey
PP: 2 | XP: 3

Jean spins about, "Yeah, no-" She gestures out, flicking her wrist as at table lifts up in the air, and rotates ninety degrees, launching lit egs-first to try and tangle and pin the figure menacing Jane. "- I hate to interrupt the drama, but you're part of a team, as much as it may get in the way of your little duel of the fates." She focuses, trying to multitask . o O (Hey, Pete you and Rita okay? Things are getting bad over here, make sure you keep her safe, meet us outside.)

Of course, it might not be the best time to let herself get distracted...

Rolling Team + Fight Over Flight + Telekinetic Mastery + Combat Expert for 10 with a 1d10 effect die and 2 opportunities (2d8). Whups.

Tagging Frog for the next action.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jan 21, 2018

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Piotr

'Rita's safe,' thought Piotr. 'Picked out an X-Man name for her and everything. Nepra,' he thought, running through the parking lot, dodging past a car that'd just pulled out. 'I'm coming back in and getting everyone outta there. You make sure that Jane gets out here because I wanna talk with her.'

He dodged to the left and realised he seemed to be the only person actually heading into the mall.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
The woman half-slice, half-tore the table apart, letting the pieces clatter around her. Both sets of claws were out now, and her looming swagger had turned into a sort of readied combat stance. She sniffed slightly. "Is that you, 14? No..." her eyes flicked onto Jean. "No, that's someone new."

She leaned her head back slightly, addressing the men around her. "Secure and contain! More mutants means more weapons."

Guns were drawn now. At least, they must have been guns. They were shaped like guns. But they were a little boxy, like tazers, and each one extended out like one of those collapsible batons when drawn, gaining length in the barrel. Going from something you could conceal within a coat pocket to a something the size of a magnum revolver.

"Bringing in your friend there, along with the old man? That'll soothe things over with the foreman," she said, looking down at Wolverine again. "When I bring back your skull with nothin' else attached."

Now Jean gets 1PP, with the complication that now you've sort of alerted everyone else to your powers and presence.
Doom Pool: 3d6 1d8

Piotr was the only one heading into the mall so far, but it turned out he wasn't the only one not leaving. Shortly after passing back through the doors, the crowds gone now and the mall completely empty, someone stepped in front of him. It was the old man from the store, levelling a finger at him and looking like a prophet about to deliver the wrath of God.

"Where is she? Is she safe? Is she safe?"

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Piotr

Pete glared back at the man with the big beard. "She's safe," he said, moving towards him. He seemed way angrier than was needed. "What's going on?"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Frog
PP: 1 0 XP: 3

Donna, inevitably looking back as she was ready to reach the exit, spots the problem that has arisen. Her face blanches at the sight. Ohhhh no. They've drawn weapons. And it looks and sounds like we cast the first stone here. And after I'd made that impassioned plea, too...okay, Frog, time to get to work, I guess. No one's noticed you yet. Given you stick out like a sore thumb in a public record, we need to either be subtle about this or slap together a disguise. Taking another moment to observe the situation, her eyes scan the horizon as her thoughts continue. They're still in the food court, and things are super wide-open, so a sneak attack isn't super viable. Everyone's cleared out except for them, which means most things are unattended...

As she goes over each storefront, the gears begin turning. Pizzeria? The paddle'd be a nice weapon but there's not a lot else besides that. Plus if that table's anything to go by it'd get destroyed instantly. Burgers? She could maybe make a fire using the deep frier and any other kinda flame, but not only is that super destructive but these people don't seem like they'd care about it...But wait! Donna you're onto something, hold onto it, hold onto it...the oil! Jane can smell it a mile away and Sarah's a really fast thinker. I think they'll be able to put two and two together once they see this coming.

Scuttling herself on over to the unattended Americana food stall, Donna enters the kitchen and begins gathering bottles of the peanut oil used for the fryer, screwing off the tops, removing the foil seals, and setting up the angle she needs. As she readies the first volley, she thinks as hard as she can, hoping Jean can hear her as her awkward jitters create for one very uncertain set of projectiles. o O (J-j-jean! Operation Oil Slick coming in hot!)

Rolling d10 Team, d4 Frog in the Throat, d8 Enhanced Strength, and using a PP to add a d8 Stunt die for this powerful throw.

Operation Oil Slick: 1d10 5 2d8 15 1d4 1

And that's a 15 with a d10 Effect Die to create an oil slick that, hopefully, someone will pick up on and be able to take advantage of. Tagging Cyclops next.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
The stranger took a deep breath, closing his eyes for a moment. All that emotional just fell away, leaving someone cold-eyed and implacable the moment he opened his eyes again. As if he'd just hit a switch inside his head and turned off his feelings.

"If she trusts you, I'll trust you. But we don't have the time for me to go into detail. Назовите это холодная война. Еще лучше, секретная холодная война. Ситуация сложная. Мой русский не очень хорош, это было так давно. Your friend, the angry young lady with the claws, she is — was — used to be a part of it. But she doesn't know that, and that's putting her, and you, in trouble."

In the food court, the armed men — whoever they were — had opened fire. Their guns were quiet, but had an electric whine to them, the projectiles having none of the impact of bullets but crackling with high voltage. Some sort of stungun for sure, but for now they were hitting nothing but upturned tables and scattered chairs, unable to get a good line of sight on the other mutants from where they were. But they were moving in closer and spreading out, like a dragnet ready to close in.

"How many are there?" One yelled out, trying and failing to even get a bead on the very agile and evasive Frog.

"Just keep your eyes open for mission target," came a reply from one of the others. "One weapon's a lot worse than a hundred potential assets."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Cyclops
PP:1 XP: 2

"poo poo," Cyclops swore as the men opened fire. As a rule she tried not to swear not only was it a bad thing to do in it's own right but it revealed her own frustrations. Well clearly this wasn't going to end peacefully in which case she'd better try and even the odds. She popped up from behind the table she'd taken refuge and marked the position of the men before taking a deep breath and flipping up her ruby quartz glasses. Untold giga-joules of pure kinetic force poured out and she directed it at the men with the strange taser like guns one after the other. targeting four of the stungun wielding agents with Area SFX

Opening a portal to the punch dimension: 2d10+2d8+4d6 so 1 opportunity and 16 with 3 d6s and a d8 for my effects.

What she lacked for in finesse in the absence of her visor she more than made up for with sheer raw power.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Piotr

Pete looked at the man in front of him and when he spoke in Russian, his eyebrow just about lodged itself in his hairline. The mans pronunciation was terrible, his sentence structure was rusty. It really had been a while since he'd spoken; still, though, hearing the language somewhere other than inside his own head made Pete feel slightly more at ease. Then that feeling passed and Piotr stepped towards the man, grabbed him by the shirt and lifted him off the ground.

"Ты привел их сюда?" he said, growling. "Did you? Who're you?" he said, shaking the man. Even while not in his metal form, Pete was probably one of the strongest men you were ever likely to meet. "Were you following us? Скажи мне, или я сломаю тебя пополам над моим гребаным коленом!"

Solo D6 + Menace Expert D8 + Godlike Strength D12 + Quick to Anger D8 = 17 with a d8 effect.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
The man barely reacted at all to being lifted off his feet, only looking thoughtful as he mulled the Russian around in his head for a moment. "I did say we have no time, but... very well. Yes, I was following you. My business is the safety and security of my fellow mutants, especially when I think they might wind up like your friend with the claws. I had found out that this 'Institute' you belong to was taking in mutants, and I feared it was a front for another organisation. One that takes our kind and uses them as raw materials. Indoctrinated, brainwashed, surgically enhanced. Turned into weapons. That's all we are to them: weapons."

The ruby-red beam tore through the food court, scattering tables and other debris, as well as the unknown soldiers. That provoked quite a reaction in the others, who fell back to a more defensible position. The wild-eyed woman didn't seem to notice or care, staring down Wolverine with her claws bared, and running her tongue over bared teeth.

"We were not equipped for multiple targets," one of the footsoldiers yelled out as things got more chaotic. "Where is Weapon Nineteen?"

A lance of flame shot past M, so close the heat was painful, and hit the centre of the food court, dead on the fountain, causing it to billow up a massive cloud of steam. It had come from a man in cowboy boots and matching hat, and a black motorcycle jacket. The jacket sleeves were pushed back, revealing that they'd been hiding some sort of mechanical device attached to both wrists.

The man in the hat held up his hand and the device on that wrist clicked, producing a small flame like a pilot light. It immediately expanded into a ball of fire like a miniature sun, hovering lazily above his open palm. He looked at M with a raised eyebrow.

"Why don'tcha get lost, kid? Dangerous mutants around here."

As if on cue, the wild-eyed, wild-haired woman leapt at Wolverine, using her superior size and weight to knock the smaller mutant down. She punched rather than slashed with her claws, looking to leave deep puncture marks, half-laughing and half-screaming as she did so.

"C'mon, c'mon, c'mon!" She drove her claws into the ground inches from Wolverine's face. "Try and kill me, baby girl!"

Using that opportunity from Cyclops to introduce a new complication in the form of a new opponent on the field.
Doom Pool: 2d6 2d8
Wolverine takes 1d6 physical stress from the savage attack. Tagging M to go next.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Piotr

Piotr grunted and dropped the man with very little ceremony. He flared a nostril, listening to the man talk and shook his head. "We'll fix that," he said. "You should come by sometime, meet the Professor," said Pete, starting to step by the man, heading back towards the mall.

He'd wasted time there but figured it was worth it. He saw the red blast of energy light up one end of the shopping mall, heard the alarm start to blare and the sprinkler system turn on. Emergency services would be here in a few minutes, he realised, and since we're just throwing powers out there, he might as well get in on the act.

Midstride, Piotr changed. His step lengthened and each step grew louder, the sound of heavy metal clunking, breaking sidewalk underfoot in his sprint. Colossus was on the field...

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
M
0 xp, 2 PP

"Surely you're not talking about yourself." M's smile is just punchably smug. There's only 5 feet between the two. Then there's only two feet. Then M is shifting and putting the enemy's body between himself and the fireball. Combat lessons in the Danger Room fresh in his memory as though they had just happened, using his speed to surprise the enemy. Dip and drive in with a hook to the abdomen. Ideally, that was a knockout blow. At the very least it'd knock the wind out of them. M makes it look effortless, as though he hadn't even needed to think about the attack.

Solo D8, Never Let Them See Me Sweat d8, Enhanced Senses D8, Superhuman Strength D10, Combat Expert d8. Using Focus to combine two d8 into a d10.
http://orokos.com/roll/588806: 2#1d8 5 5 2#1d10 10 3 making a 15 with a d10 effect die of physical stress

Tagging in Colossus so Piotr can have some fight time.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Colossus
PP: 1 | XP: 2

Colossus rolled forwards, ducking to not smash his head through the top of the doorway into the shopping mall. He was a long way out from where the fight was happening, but the sound was pretty clear. Plus, he was very much moving against the crowd. He didn't want to push through anyone, or knock anyone over but- well, it was pretty urgent. He grunted and kept moving forwards, picking his way through bystanders. He'd get there soon...

I feel weird coming in and getting into a fight after doing all that stuff outside. Even moving at top speed, I think I should probably come into the fight proper next round, or next time I'm tagged.

Tagging Wolverine.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Wolverine
PP: 0->1 | XP: 1->2

Marking XP for choosing to inflict Physical Stress on the cat-lady.

Jane hissed as the claws punched into her flesh. The scrape of claw against metal-laced bone reverberated throughout her lithe frame. It was clear that this was a fight that she shouldn't be attempting on her own, but that didn't seem to matter much to the feral mutant. She thrust and slashed with her own claws, aiming to open her opponent up.

d10 Solo + d4 Chip on her Shoulder + d8 Enhanced Strength + d10 Adamantium Claws + d10 Combat Master

Inflict Physical Stress: 3#1d10 4 9 1 1d8 8 1d4 1

17 with a d10 effect. Two opportunities, marking 1 pp for using a d4 distinction. Tagging Colossus back for the new round.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Colossus
PP: 1 | XP: 2

Colossus picked his way through bystanders until he was finally close enough to the group where he could actually do something useful. Honestly, it was a hell of a sight;

Cyclops had just done her eyebeam thing, blasted back the majority of the crap in the room, along with a lot of the guards, who were now taking on positions behind walls and in defendable areas. Frog was- somewhere else? He couldn't see Frog. Marius was somewhere else too. Maybe they were off together in the same place. They'd gotten too spread out and it was concerning to him; didn't like that at all. Jean had just- she was standing there, a guy was pinned to the wall by a table, and she looked like she had everything under control. Honestly? Jean was probably the coolest X-man at this point.

Then he looked over at Wolverine and the huge, feral, growling ball she was fighting. Well... that looked a lot more serious than anything else going on. He moved on over towards her, made his hand flat, brought it around her neck and drove her chin towards the crook of his elbow. His hand grabbed at his bicep, and he pulled tight, lifting her clear off Wolverine, locking her into a chokehold. It worked in UFC as a way of making your opponent tap or pass out, so hey, maybe it'd work here. The thought of 'he's a big dude, will be good in a fight' had only gotten Piotr so far, and he may actually need to learn how to do more than throw haymakers.

D10 Buddy + D8 Russian Farmboy + D12 Godlike Strength + D8 Combat Expert to grab, lift, and choke out Sabertooth catlady. Oh goodness. 21 with a D12 effect.

Tagging Frog

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
The fire-wielding mutant doubled up under M's blow, the flame in his hand thankfully going out rather than going out of control. He stumbled backwards, reeling, but still managed to stay on his feet somehow. He raised his head, hat askew, with a menacing look on his face.

"C'llateral damage it is," he growled, still winded. The flames on both wrists flicked on and immediately expanded into long, coiling whips that dripped sparks and hissed as the sprinkler system did its best. But it seemed like as long as this strange mutant could keep control, flames shaped by his will could not be extinguished so easily.

Wolverine's claws raked across her attacker's face and body, opening up deep wounds and forcing the larger woman to back off from her brutal attack.

"Atta girl, atta girl!" She crowed, grinning despite it all. The flow of blood was ebbing quickly, and the flesh began to slowly close and knit back together. Not instantly, but far more quickly than any normal person should be healing. "Don't you dare make this easy for me."

At that point, Colossus seized her from behind and dragged her off Wolverine. She struggled against his grip, but as strong as she was, he was stronger. She glared down at Wolverine with the purest hate and rage she'd displayed yet. Eyes wide and white, spit frothing up on her lips as she snarled and growled, unable to express the depths of her loathing with words. She was still trying to swing at Wolverine even through all this, desperate to kill her.

The footsoldiers opened fire on Colossus, but whatever sort of rounds they were using fizzled uselessly on his metallic form, registering as a mild tingle. They were obviously unprepared for the presence of the X-Men, which begged the question: who were they here for?

Wolverine gets 2pp so I can grow the Doom Pool drastically. Sabretooth has d8 physical stress (thanks rapid healing) but is now also subject to a d12 chokehold. Pyro has d10 physical stress and is not happy about it.
Doom Pool: 4d8

Fuego Fish fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jan 30, 2018

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Frog

PP: 1 0

...Okay, Home Alone tactics didn't work, and now there's fire and now this is an extremely public situation. A sigh escapes Donna's lips as she realizes she's going to have to leap into action and get the ball rolling. But at least she gets a simple choice between the firebug, the giant beast-woman, or the folks with the taser guns. Well, beast-woman's pretty tied up, and seems to be the leader. One good wallop could potentially send them running.

With a plan in mind, she arches herself as best she can and hops into action. First a hop over the counter to get the ball rolling, then a second hop a bit askew to mask her intentions and build some speed, and then a third to hit that 45-degree angle ideal for building speed on the way down. If all goes well she'll deliver a nasty kick to the side of the behemoth's face and give her a real pain in the neck.

As she lands the kick, she tries to say her best attempt at a one-liner. "The next words out of your mouth are gonna be 'Not bad, not bad at all,' am I right?"

This is taking advantage of the 1d12 complication, 1d10 Team, 1d8 Hop To It!, 1d8 Leaping (Multipower), 1d8 Combat Expert, and 1d6 Enhanced Strength (Multipower)

FLYING KICK!: 1d12 3 1d10 7 3d8 11 (3, 1, 7) 1d6 4

Well, that's an Opportunity, but I'm going to use the 1 PP I got from rolling a d4 last turn to add an extra die to the effect pool for an 18 with a d12 effect die. Tagging Jean.

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 31, 2018

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
The next words out of her mouth were a guttural rage-scream instead, as the longer she was restrained from mauling Wolverine, the angrier and more desperate she got. The kick landed heavily, but nothing was getting past that all-consuming hate, not even pain. Clumsily, she began to jab at Colossus with her claws, accidentally sinking them into her own body at points, either unable to aim or just not caring.

"New target! Get the— the little one!" The footsoldiers switched their aim to Frog, firing a barrage of that crackling electric ammunition in her direction. It probably would not affect her as little as it did Colossus.

The fire-wielder was lashing his whips, spinning them in huge arcs and leaving trails of flame across the ground that soon got extinguished by the sprinkler system. But the whips themselves still weren't effected by the downpour, given strength by whatever mutant ability he had. Just as it seemed like he was merely showing off, he brought both whips round together into a strike against M from both sides.

Colossus has to beat a 21 to avoid taking 1d8 physical stress. Frog has to beat 10 to avoid taking 1d8 physical stress. M has to beat a 17 to avoid taking 1d8 physical stress.
Doom Pool: 4d8

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Colossus
PP: 0 | XP: 2

Colossus felt her driving claws against his skin, swiping and sending sparks flying as metal met metal. His was, probably, the first skin she'd come across that she couldn't cut through. Hell, Pete could barely feel it; sure, he'd need to swap out the drillbit on a dremel to a metal buff-and-shine head and spend an hour on his upper arm but chrome didn't take care of itself. He wasn't really thrilled with how this was going.

"Jane!" he shouted down at her. "Shut her down somehow."

He squeezed his hand into a fist, the mutants thick forearm and bicep swelling, squeezing more of the insane, feral woman's windpipe.

Spending 1 pp to resist physical damage. Keeping the chokehold in place to maintain that complication.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Jean Grey
PP: 3 | XP: 3

Jean frowns as they open fire on Frog, squinting. "NNnng ENOUGH!", she shouts, and lashes out psychically at the goons, trying to fire all their synapses until their brains can't handle it and just shut down. It's going to hurt. "All we want to do is have a day at the mall like any other stupid kids, but you can't leave us alone!", she says. There's no gesture, but the correlation of the attack and her outburst is pretty clear causation. "You wanted a fight mutants?! Fine! You're fighting a mutant!"

Performing an area psychic attack with a Mutant Alpha stunt at the soldiers, and spending 1 PP to add 1 die to the total. Effect is 13 with a 2d10, 1d8, and 1d6 for effect dice as she attempts to just wreck the whole squad at once. (The roll notes Psychic Powerhouse, but Mutant Alpha is the one reflected in the actual roll, my mistake.)

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Frog

PP: 0 | XP: 3 | Physical Stress d8

Dodging a taser!: 1d12 10 1d10 3 1d8 5 1d8 4

So I goofed my roll here and thought it was me dodging Sabertooth, so I should be rolling just my Team, Enhanced Reflexes, and Combat Expert dice, ignoring the d12. Needless to say, she's gonna take a hit, although rather than reroll it or anything like that, it may be better for me to forfeit this in favor of the Mutant Vulnerability.

Practically sliding right off of her target like a bug on a windshield, Frog is too taken aback by the sheer tenacity and durability of her opponent to notice the taser fire in time to do any more than reflexively try to catch it with her tongue, though that did little good against the bullet-like projectiles. Dropping down on one foot shortly before impact, she finds herself convulsing while standing on said foot. Her attempts to shout out a pain reaction are stifled by the shocks coursing through her body, at least until it runs its course and she's able to regain feeling in her extremities.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Every single gun-toting soldier, dressed in their nondescript civilian guises, suddenly let out a strangled cry in almost perfect unison. Backs arching, heads shaking, some of them firing wildly into the air as their minds rebelled against them. They seemed to be resisting somehow, but there was only so much they could do against something this powerful, this blunt of an attack. This was not subtle control, this was an outright attack.

The wild woman in Colossus's grip was still kicking, literally, with hate the only thing keeping her still semi-conscious. Bright, clear hate in her eyes. Hate for Wolverine. The two of them so eerily similar, but still so different. Whatever memories that Wolverine might have had, once, were just out of reach. No explanation, no reason, for this hatred... just a fleeting feeling of something distant.

The skylight above broke, raining down broken glass, and a small number of sleek black-and-chrome shapes dropped in, hovering like predatory insects. Some sort of drone, although not the usual kind you saw. There were no exposed rotors, but something was definitely keeping them aloft somehow. After a moment they scattered, zipping through the falling water from the sprinkler system, surveying the entire food court and beyond.

"Attention mutants," came a slightly distorted, heavily boosted voice from somewhere outside, echoed through each of the drones. "This is the Mutant Response Division."

Doom Pool: 2d8

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Colossus
PP: 0 | XP: 2

Pete could feel that she was fading, but had the kind of blind, drunken fury that he'd come to expect from lunatics and guys that had come up to him in bars (the drinking age in Russia was lower. God, he missed being able to get a beer) looking to prove to their increasingly embarrassed girlfriends they could totally kick that big guy's rear end. He held her hard in place, maintaining the chokehold, before slamming his forehead forwards, into the back of her skull. He wasn't sure what his internal organs were when he was in his metal form. It's not like someone had been able to draw bloods from him, and if he passed out he went back to flesh and bone. He wasn't sure what the crazy cat lady was like, either, but he was willing to guess a concussion wouldn't really help her stay awake that much longer.

Platinum-Lithium-Osmium mix met Adamantium. Pete could see stars for a moment and, well, if he was seeing stars she must be seein' a whole lot more. He hadn't noticed that the sound of it was like a church bell being rung, either.

D10 Buddy + D4 Russian Farmboy + D12 Godlike Strength + D8 Combat Expert. Gaining 1 PP. A bad roll happened. 8 and d12's with two 1s being rolled too holy moly.

Spending that 1 PP to generate a D6 asset called Concussion. Anyone's free to use it, but I figure that Wolverine might make best use out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Cyclops
PP:1 XP: 2

Cyclops watched with something like awe as the assorted agents let out a strangled cry and some fired wildly into the air. She'd known Jean was powerful but not that she was capable of this, Oh yeah the professor had talked about how she was one of the most powerful psychics he'd seen but talking about it was one thing actually seeing it in action was something completely different. Of course at that moment the drones began to descend and broadcast their message. Cyclops froze just for a moment before her mind went into overdrive. She doubted they'd sit them down and have a nice chat about what was going on. No if anything it'd be more likely they'd haul the team off to some sort of mutant Guantanamo Bay which wasn't going to happen on her watch. She thought quickly and began barking orders instinctively "Wolverine, Colossus stop playing with your "friend" we've got to get out of here now!" "Jea-Marvel Girl can you find out where M and our young friend are and tell them to either join up or get out on their own?" and focused on the drones trying to get a read on their erratic maneuvers. First part of a successful escape, blind the opposition. After a deep breath she opened fire on the drones as they weaved erratically through the air.

Shooting down the four drones

Shooting down the Drones take 2: 2d10+2d8+4d6 One opportunity 12 and then spending a PP to add 5 to that making 17 which then leaves me with 2d10s a D8 and a d6 for my effects

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 9, 2018