Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«9 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!


Jean Grey
PP: 2 | XP: 3

Jean frowns, and looks to the drones. . o O (Okay, everybody, meet up at the court exit, this is escalating way too fast, I'm going to be linking folks up. Sarah's right, we need to get out of here.)

After all, somebody needed to herd these cats before things got worse. Focusing, she tries to link up minds... not pressing if there's resistance, but they were getting scattered and distracted when they needed to be a team.

Doing a Support Action with a 15 and a d10 effect to see about setting up a Mental Link asset. Want to deny it ICly? Just don't use the asset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!


The sound of one head colliding with another should never have sounded like that, but it did, and it was the last push needed for the wild, clawed woman to go under at long last. However, the rest of the unknown squad wasn't so subdued. Around half the gun-toting agents had enough left in them to pop some sort of pill, which seemed to be counteracting Jean's psychic attack. She could feel their minds becoming... softer, slipping away from her grasp. Those who got back on their feet still fell back, though, to see to their less-able comrades.

Meanwhile the fire-manipulating mutant, Weapon Nineteen, was driving M back into a corner with repeated lashes of his flaming whips. He was making them dance, each one coiling and striking in different ways from unusual angles. In fact, they were looking a lot more serpent-like with each movement.

But the sudden arrival of the drones was enough of a distraction for M to get away with only some minor burns, and redirect Weapon Nineteen's attention back to the chaos that was occupying the food court. Cyclops managed to take out the drones, completely destroying two, knocking down another, and sending the last one careening into the fountain in the middle of the food court.

"Nineteen! Exit, now!" One of the mystery soldiers yelled out. "Ten is down! The mission is scrubbed!"

The fiery snakes reared back, forming a single ball of flame that shrank in size while growing in intensity. Just as it seemed to burn bright enough to light up the room, Weapon Nineteen threw it at the far wall, causing it to explode into rubble.

"Recover Ten! No asset left out in the field!" The same soldier yelled again, as the rest began to provide covering fire. Weapon Nineteen strode toward Colossus and Wolverine, summoning more fire from the machines on his wrists. This time the flames began to roar, the edges turning from yellow to blue, like an acetylene torch.

Even with all the noise inside, the sound of helicopters overhead managed to filter through the broken skylight. It seemed like the MRD was here in force.

M takes 1d8 physical stress. Colossus gets 2pp, and is now under direct threat from both the soldiers and the remaining Weapon.
Doom Pool: 2d10

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."


Colossus
PP: 2 | XP: 2

Colossus looked around, seeing the fire wielding mutant approaching him. They looked like arc welders and, honestly, he wasn't really interested in seeing how that felt. Plus, his head was still ringing and he was seeing double a bit. He looked up towards the hole in the ceiling that'd been opened up above and sighed. 'There's no way you guys manage to get past the helicopters out there without leading everyone back home. I'll- take care of them,' he thought. 'Everyone else, go. Rita is in McDonalds over road.'

He grabbed the now unconscious, feral woman in front of him. His right hand grabbed her by the ankle, his left hand grabbed her by the wrist, holding her in an arc in front of himself. He grunted and leapt up, through the hole over himself and out onto the roof of the mall with a heavy thud, looking around quickly.

'You guys get one shot at this distraction. Don't fight, just run.'

How many helicopters are we talkin' about?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Wolverine
PP: 3->0 | XP: 2

Even as the soldiers opened fire, the puncture wounds up and down Jane's torso closed up as though she hadn't been ravaged by the giant, feral woman. Ten, apparently. Jane shook her head and spat on the fallen mutant as she stepped forward towards the other crazy mutant Nineteen with the fire whips. The others weren't wrong. It was time to get out of here. But. Someone needed to help distract the guys down here from their retreat. And, well, she wasn't going to go down that easy.

Jane thought hard towards the others. . o O (Alright, you got it, Red. I'm going to give you all some cover from this torch guy. Get out of here while I'm keeping him busy.)

Spending a PP to trigger Healing Factor and remove my Physical Stress.

Continuing to march forward, even as Pete launched himself through the big hole in the ceiling with Ten, Jane batted down a few bullets that were more on target than the others. Whatever Jean had done with that mental network, it felt like none of the chaos or noise was distracting in the slightest. There was so much to process, but with the additional help... it was easy. Maybe this team poo poo wasn't so bad after all. Her claws cleaved through a few tables that dared to be between her and her prey. As she neared Nineteen, she menaced him with her claws. She hissed, "You want the rest of them? You drat well better be ready to die for it." The claws flicked upward. "She could heal up after all that, but I bet you can't. I bet you'll just bleed like a stuck pig. Trust me, bud, I'm the best there is at what I do." A beat. "...And what I do, well, it ain't very nice."

Aiming to Inflict Emotional Stress on Weapon 19. Bit of a messy pool, but here's what's getting rolled: d10 Physical stress + d10 Mental Link asset + d10 Menace Master + d10 Adamantium Claws + d8 Team affiliation + d8 I'm the Best There Is At What I Do distinction + d8 Enhanced Strength + d6 from Fearsome. Combining two of the d10s into a d12 via Focus.

Inflicting Emotional Stress: 1#1d6 6 3#1d8 1 6 3 1#1d10 8 1#1d12 12
Inflicting Emotional Stress (forgot a d10): 1#1d10 4

Spending 2 PP to keep four dice for my result, ending up with a 24 with a d12+ effect from Fearsome. If W19 doesn't beat 24 on their reaction, they are immediately stressed out. One opportunity.

Tricky fucked around with this message at Feb 12, 2018 around 04:27

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!


Two helicopters circled the mall overhead like sharks. Also like sharks, they were sleek and predatory. Not blackhawks, something else. Angular, but not boxy, sort of like a stealth bomber. Along with the drones, they suggested that the MRD's cutting-edge tech was somehow a step or two ahead of even the military.

"Put down what you are carrying and proceed to put your arms above your head," a voice came from not one but both of the helicopters, in a slightly distorted stereo. With Colossus's head still a touch dizzy, it was not pleasant to listen to. "This is your last warning."

Back inside the mall, Weapon Nineteen had watched Colossus go, and faced off against Wolverine. His eyes were fixated on those claws, and he did not look happy about it. "drat it, you are both as bad as each other," he muttered darkly. He flicked his wrists and the flames went out, then he backed off slowly. "I ain't going to tussle with you, Twenty-Three, not here and now. But you should know, we won't stop coming after the old man."

He turned and ran for the exit hole he'd blown in the wall, the civilian-disguised soldiers already filing through it, some being helped along by others. It looked as if they were retreating, which would have meant the fight was won... if it hadn't been for the MRD outside.

Doom Pool: 2d10

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."


Colossus
PP: 2 | XP: 2

Colossus looked up at the helicopter. He couldn't make out what they were saying for the most part. A thick accent, a bad speaker, a lot of loud noises and his head was ringing. He hefted the woman in his arms and figured that... yeah, she was a bigger version of Jane. She clocked in at a little over three hundred and fifty pounds with all the metal in her bones. Or over her bones. Whatever it was, Jane had a surprisingly large amount of heft when you looked at the size of her, and this big flea bag clocked in at an extra fifty pounds or so more. Still, the rest of the mutants downstairs weren't gonna get away from here with those helicopters in the air, or with those drones around. He had to do something big, something grand, something stupid.

The big Russian shrugged - when his handlers said they wanted him to lay low and not make too much noise, this maybe wasn't what they had in mind. He spun once clockwise and just threw the big woman at the helicopter, a great grunt coming from him as he lobbed her the few hundred feet distance. It was, alarmingly, easier than he'd really expected it to be. Maybe she'd wake up before she impacted. Maybe she'd see that she was following an outstandingly fast, straight line trajectory for the engine and rotor of a helicopter. As far as Pete knew, these guys were working together. If they wanted her, they could fuckin' have her.

As soon as Sabertooth was in the air, Pete turned on the ball of his foot, stepped once, twice and then on the third step, leapt into the air. He'd angled himself at the other helicopter and, as he moved closer, he could see something that looked a lot like a very large gun begin to rotate. This? This was gonna suck.

The metal man latched onto the side of the helicopter, the entire craft swaying heavily at the impact. The big canon on the side of the chopper opened fire directly into Pete's chest and- yep, just as he figured. It wasn't a huge amount of fun. It felt like getting punched in the chest over and over and over. His huge hand reached up, grabbed at the barrel, just to make it stop firing. With one hand holding it in place and the other holding him in place, there was really only one other option to bring this puppy down.

'Make good use of the distraction, Jeanie. I'll be fine.'

He tensed his shoulders and his neck and pulled up, putting his head directly in the path of the rotor.



A lot of actions here but I think they count as one area attack.

Spending 1PP to get a D8 stunt die and using my Area of Effect attack for 1d6. This brings me to: 1d6+1d6+1d8+1d8+1d12+1d10. It is not a good roll.

Okay, so- spending another PP to create a D12 complication for the chopper that I threw Sabertooth at called 'Busted Engine.' Like, that could be activating the limit for an enemy in a scene, I'm not really sure. I am now totally out of PP, so my attack against the other helicopter is d12 effect, with a 13 because oh god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!


Whatever these new helicopters were, they still didn't operate well with metal in the rotors. With a shriek of warping metal, thankfully not belonging to Colossus, the blades bent and then broke off rapidly, turning the vehicle into so much dead weight. The other helicopter went through a similar, slightly messier process with the semi-conscious Weapon Ten. That skeleton of hers was made of sturdy enough stuff for the effect to not completely bisect her.

Both helicopters fell from the sky at near the same time, tumbling into each other into a ball of wreckage that hit the roof of the mall and burst into flames. The entire structure shuddered and groaned, but managed to hold somehow. Marvel Girl's connection to Colossus went quiet, but not with the terrible and familiar feedback that she may have dreaded experiencing again. No, just... unconscious. Very unconscious.

For a moment, everything was quiet except for the sound of the sprinkler system and the fires slowly going out. The mysterious Weapon group, whoever or whatever they were, had managed to leave without getting noticed by the MRD. With the exception of Weapon Ten, who wasn't going to be getting up and leaving any time soon. Then a voice, distorted and crackling with static, pierced that quiet.

"Attention mutants, this is the Mutant Response Division. This is your final warning."

It was coming from one of the drones that Cyclops had taken down, still electronically twitching even though it was severely damaged. It futilely pushed itself around in a little circle. "Put down what you are carrying and proceed to put your arms above your head. Unauthorised usage of mutant abilities for the endangerment of public safety is a crime. Attention mutants, this is the Mutant Response Division. You are surrounded. Proceed to put your arms above your head."

They sounded like canned responses, prerecorded messages that the drone was cycling through rapidly as its circuitry became more and more waterlogged. They were the same messages the helicopters had been broadcasting.

Colossus is taken out and will be gone for the rest of the episode, and the next one too, while sion takes a well-deserved vacation. Have a nice time, sion!
Doom Pool: 2d10

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«9 »