Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
I hope it's Lewis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Mike!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Mystery! Intrigue! Thermal signatures!

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Was anyone else expecting him to be actually dead when Gail shot him? They kill off so many guest stars that I'm having a hard time believing Mike is going to be a permanent member of the group. I'm still waiting for him to try flying a plane or solving a Rubik's cube.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
I'm guessing the Kristin Wiig and Chris Elliott characters are collecting dogs or something. Seems like they are setting up the next move with the lack of supplies.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
not to mention Todd finding the corpse in the wall

e: typing this, I just remembered that nobody ever realized that there was a bomb in the Rubix's Cube. perhaps the drug lord subplot will finally pay off?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Fun episode!

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I appreciate the lack of secrets. Telling about the thermal signature right up front and the fact that he was jealous was refreshing.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I feel like the biggest problem with this show is that it has 18 episode seasons when it should be closer to 10 episodes. When it's on point, it's really good, but the filler can just drag.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

This weeks' was really good. And what a shift of the show it will be with that ending!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
One of the better episodes this season. The mummified corpses being posed like it was partytime was hilarious.

"Don't think of them as dead bodies. Think of them as People.....the Sequel."

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

This weeks' was really good. And what a shift of the show it will be with that ending!

Yeah, every other time they've run into other survivors, it's never been more than 3-4 people, and they always just end up dead (or banished and THEN dead... or did Kristen Wiig survive?). I don't know how a show like this incorporates 30 or 40 people in military gear, unless they're about to turn it into The Last Village on Earth, or maybe have an armed feud like all the guns this episode might suggest, which would be really odd for a show like this.

Actually scratch that, what will end up happening is that our group will meet these guys and promptly be kicked out of the village because they're so loving weird, and then we'll be back to the status quo.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Or they’re just all killed cause Tandy fucks something up.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Well, notice they all have gas masks, so they're not necessarily immune to the virus.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Mike not dying of the virus creates ambiguity as to whether or not it is even still active after burning though the population.

Mike might be immune or the virus may not be around anymore.

So, if those people aren't immune, we don't know if they will live or die if they take off the masks.

I'm wondering if it's the surviving members of the drug cartel.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 2, 2018

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

bull3964 posted:

I'm wondering if it's the surviving members of the drug cartel.

That's what I've been thinking.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
yeah, they were all rough looking and strapped as opposed to being pasty and blind from being underground for 10 years.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Come on guys, did no-one watch?!

Seasons' finale!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

John F Bennett posted:

Come on guys, did no-one watch?!

Seasons' finale!

it was good and tandy made a good point about staying at goatville.

kinda hoping melissa mows down the bunker buddies with her m249

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Show just got cancelled.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Can't say that was too unexpected, I'm honestly surprised it kept going this long. So that makes that last episode the SERIES finale? It ends on them meeting a group of people at least.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Please god make MacGruber 2 now

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Phenotype posted:

Can't say that was too unexpected, I'm honestly surprised it kept going this long. So that makes that last episode the SERIES finale? It ends on them meeting a group of people at least.

I expect a no-budget movie finale in 3 years after a surprising fan campaign that has everyone asking "where were you while this was on tv" and the unspoken answer being "well I :filez: every episode..."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I honestly don't feel bad about this. I'm mostly just annoyed that they did the thing that every show does where absolutely nothing happens until they are on the brink of being cancelled and finally do something interesting only to be cancelled anyway. Maybe Will Forte will say what they had planned on doing, but I won't be sad about this show at all.

particle9
Nov 14, 2004
In the guide to getting dumped, this guy helped me realize that with time it does get better. And yeah, he did get his custom title.
I hope they get picked up on Netflix. This show was really funny and good.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I am sad about this.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maybe now Will Forte will finally be able to have a normal haircut.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

god loving dammit

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was kind of surprised to see that was the season(series) finale because it didn't really feel like it.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I don't understand why shows that are obviously not huge hits insist on gambling with cliffhanger finales. This wasn't my favorite show by any stretch of the imagination but it deserved better than to end the way it did.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

"Aaaaaw, farts", indeed.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Saw it was cancelled and swung in to see if it had a decent ending. Doesn't sound like it so I guess Mary Steenburgen will be sick in the elevator forever.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Yeah, that sucks

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

Saw it was cancelled and swung in to see if it had a decent ending. Doesn't sound like it so I guess Mary Steenburgen will be sick in the elevator forever.

Jeez, how far behind were you.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I kind of zoned out this season despite the solid start.

I don't have strong feelings. I guess I'll go with "I'm a little bit surprised, and I guess this sucks" but I kind of wish they gave more satisfying answers to whatever mystery breadcrumbs they kept planting.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Jeez, how far behind were you.

I think that was season 2? Maybe 3. Not too sure. Which ever one ended with Mary Steenburgen stuck in the elevator.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Dang, I'm getting a lot of bad news today. I sort of saw it coming, but it's still a bit sad to have yet another thing I can't look forward to.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

Dang, I'm getting a lot of bad news today. I sort of saw it coming, but it's still a bit sad to have yet another thing I can't look forward to.

Did you here Brooklyn 99 got cancelled too?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Apparently it was all three shows that Fox won't own anymore after this Disney thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

J-Spot posted:

I don't understand why shows that are obviously not huge hits insist on gambling with cliffhanger finales. This wasn't my favorite show by any stretch of the imagination but it deserved better than to end the way it did.

I don't think it was a cliffhanger finale, it was just a normal end of episode cliffhanger. How many times have they done that this season alone?

• Locked thread