Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
SHIELD Reunion? Are you....
This poll is closed.
Excited as hell! :woop: 8 5.63%
Tentatively intrigued :thunk: 29 20.42%
Completely indifferent :geno: 91 64.08%
Enraged at the very idea :argh: 14 9.86%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Bray's booking hasn't done him any favors but his delivery on his rambling promo's has really gotten worse post Mania. You have to wonder if he's pretty much half checked out right now on the character

Weren't there reports of him being pissed being moved to Raw after the short title run on Smackdown in the late spring and he finally had momentum? It's perfectly understandable, that was the best booking he had since the Wyatt/Shield trios era.

VJeff posted:

That's a hell of a pop for three guys standing in one place. Maybe this "reunite the Shield to get Roman over" poo poo is actually gonna work.

I wonder how far it'll last once Roman goes solo again for the Mania program next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Alan_Shore posted:

No Bray Wyatt is loving great. It's the booking that's absolute garbage and indefensible. Why yes let's have an intimidating heel who never wins! It's GENIUS

It's not just never wins, it's always loses clean, any time it remotely matters.

It is next to impossible for a heel to get over once the audience has realized that they'd just a jobber. There's no need to root for someone to beat them, because anyone can.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Oct 3, 2017

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

KungFu Grip posted:

I hope Braun Strowman wins the tag titles off of Dean and Seth in a handicap match because he doesn't need a partner.
Didn't someone suggest he brings out someone's kid or a baby? And Miz is having a baby. Braun and kidnapped Baby Miz!

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Spiderdrake posted:

Didn't someone suggest he brings out someone's kid or a baby? And Miz is having a baby. Braun and kidnapped Baby Miz!

Even proper chronological time falls to the Monster Among Men.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Part of me wishes the shield reunion was just a red herring. Dean and Seth just wind up leaving Roman high and dry and then that's it.

Also seeing kalisto at the end during the "reveal", was like the biggest deflating balooon moment I have had in a while.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

Part of me wishes the shield reunion was just a red herring. Dean and Seth just wind up leaving Roman high and dry and then that's it.

Also seeing kalisto at the end during the "reveal", was like the biggest deflating balooon moment I have had in a while.

It was the August 1 Warning without Mr. Anderson's reaction.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/915034474559295488

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Haha.

Wait... it's THIS Sunday!?! :aaa:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

VJeff posted:

That's a hell of a pop for three guys standing in one place. Maybe this "reunite the Shield to get Roman over" poo poo is actually gonna work.

I think Roman was getting cheers in the Miz match, too

Miz is so good he can get Roman cheered

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Haha.

Wait... it's THIS Sunday!?! :aaa:

There's a whopping FOUR matches announced.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Molestationary Store posted:

Who cares, the most important match has been announced.

That is, of course, Jinder Mahal's next victim, Shinsuke Nakamura.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

To be fair, No Mercy got a good build and a heavy card announced and then the show ended up being pretty ho-hum outside of the excellent tag match :shrug:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

How'd everyone enjoy watching the continued deification of a white nationalist?

I missed most of the last thread - huh?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

So Asuka has to be involved in TLC, right? There's no way Mickie James is getting a 1v1 title shot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

They decided to tie The Ultimate Warrior in with breast cancer month including a line of shirts.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Shane vs. Kevin
Jinder vs. Nakamura
Orton vs. Rusev
Roode vs. Ziggler
Charlotte vs. Nattie
New Day vs. Usos
Styles vs. Corbin

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the ultimate warrior was cool, you loving idiots!

dana warrior is weird

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Oct 3, 2017

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Was there a hype video for Asuka that I missed last night?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Sister Abigail is gonna be Paige isn't it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sotar posted:

I don't think it is dead anymore. Enzo joining and going heel actually makes me want to watch it and I bet I am not the only one to feel this way.

It is, Enzo hasn't raised the viewership on it.

So going by the Jinder example that means he's due for a half year reign at least.

Benign
Oct 20, 2008

And I Quote!
I don't know how to make it happen but i want a tag team of douches with bad haircuts of Miz and Pete Dunne

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Because I've only just come back to watching wrestling, why can't there be inter gender matches?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's just the rules. women and cruiserweights are only allowed to fight outside of their division if they are not actually a part of the division. as soon as they are, they can't have a match with anyone else

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Putting men in the position to be violent with women is definitely a smart thing to do in 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sbaldrick posted:

Because I've only just come back to watching wrestling, why can't there be inter gender matches?

USA doesn't like it.

The network, not the country.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JerryLawler/status/915197731668467714

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Is the shield reunion just to get everybody to cheer ROMAN?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Is the shield reunion just to get everybody to cheer ROMAN?

Do you even have to ask?

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Someone check on Foochs I'm worried for him after this.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

I hope Braun Strowman wins the tag titles off of Dean and Seth in a handicap match because he doesn't need a partner.

"I'm the tag team champions."

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Who cares, the most important match has been announced.

That is, of course, Jinder Mahal's next victim, Shinsuke Nakamura.

Can Shinsuke Nakamura overcome literally the exact same finish that all Jinder matches have? Will he have a plan to deal with the Singh brothers? Are faces in WWE capable of being at all intelligent?

The answers to the above is no.

sbaldrick posted:

WWE now shys away from things that would be non-advertiser friendly - and also toy manufacturer friendly.

Blood, Man on Woman violence, sexual or racial abuse, etc. are pretty much things of the past.

This does have issues, like how Stephanie McMahon for years just abused the poo poo out of all the men while they couldn't do anything to her. Her big comeuppance? At wrestlemania last year her husband accidentally knocked her off the apron and she fell through a table.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stephanie went years being called a trashbag ho and a slut and being beat up regularly on TV.

She built up her comeuppance in advance (preuppance) and now she's cashing in.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

bradzilla posted:

Sister Abigail is gonna be Paige isn't it.

Aw gently caress

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I'm excited for the Shield.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Thetharo

https://shop.wwe.com/cesaro-thwith-thyborg-t-shirt/7Y1001.html?dwvar_7Y1001_color=Black

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

A lot of the time WWE has really terrible shirts but this one is actually pretty good.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Weird that I found the most interesting part of Raw to be them signalling that they're finally pulling the trigger on a Bray Wyatt storyline I've been hoping for for awhile.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Wazzu posted:

or racial abuse, etc. are pretty much things of the past.

That's what Smackdown's main event has comprised of for what, three weeks in a row now?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Jericho used to lay into Stephanie regularly with the "bottom-feeding trashbag ho" comments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Abigail will be Perry Saturn in a dress.

• Locked thread