Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
SHIELD Reunion? Are you....
This poll is closed.
Excited as hell! :woop: 8 5.63%
Tentatively intrigued :thunk: 29 20.42%
Completely indifferent :geno: 91 64.08%
Enraged at the very idea :argh: 14 9.86%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If they wanted to do something cool (they won't), they'd have Sister Abigail be that sister Bray and Bo have that looks like both of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Why would you want someone you like to be involved in a Bray Wyatt storyline

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I liked Deuce and Domino, doesn't mean I'm going to be happy if they come back to fight the unstoppable team of *rolls dice* Nia Jax and Goldust

That cake is gone. Get a new one.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Efexeye posted:

the only thing i remember about kalisto at all is a sick salida del sol over top of a ladder somewhere, somewhen

also maybe he threw braun in a dumpster?

good lucha thing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bill Goldberg posted:

if you liked the shield when they were fresh and new and promising and dominant and over, just wait until you get a load of the shield when every member is now cold or damaged or universally reviled and the only reason they exist again is to specifically get the shittiest member cheered instead of booed!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seriouspost, if you wanna know about Sister Abigail go to the spoiler thread in a minute, I've got News

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Can't believe the SD thread falsely advertised Fashion Files.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Ahahaha, stuff like this must have been part of why they stopped doing the SHIELD entrance. I remember dudes miming jacking off behind Roman, that one lady who touched him and then looked disgusting, and I'm sure there was more besides.

Get ready for it next week

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Re: Styles

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/915396533427638272

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

literally no one was saying this though

Both "don't hinder Jinder" and "he's just going to be a transitional champ, it's fine" were absolutely things said frequently soon after his win. We can talk about whether said comments were ironic or legit serious, because that's actually debatable, but they were both done

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I would still rather take Jinder doing the same thing every week as a heel that leads eventually to a hot babyface taking the title

On the 1% chance this is ever actually the result, I'd agree with you

Right now I consider the brand split ending and Reigns unifying the belts to be more likely than that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And guess what, I got mad about it. Because it sucked, sucks, and will always suck. RAW is practically '99 in comparison.

You were right

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Sounds like a job for Luke Harper!

(where the gently caress is luke harper)

Where

the gently caress

is Luke Harper

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

if he ever makes it to the main roster.

He won't. They're saving him and the belt for the show they swear is happening :D

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Charlotte posted:

When he was first taken off the machine and the doctors wanted to have him walk around, obviously he needed help and support but he didn’t even know who I was, and he was just pushing the walker and quoting numbers of towns from shows in the ’80s. I was like, that’s great he can quote me the numbers from a show in Chicago in the ’80s but he doesn’t know who I am? I would just sit there and listen to him quote the numbers and was just like this is crazy. So, he is pushing the walker with the nurses and he is pushing and pushing and then he just stops and starts strutting in the ICU. He doesn’t know who I am, isn’t really talking but just does the strut and I was just like this isn’t real.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:siren:Kane:siren: debuted in a HIAC match 20 years ago today

For that, and for this

we thank you Kane

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dwayne getting in more feuds in Hollywood than he did in WWE

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sorry you like a guy who keeps pissing off castmates

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:agreed:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

Tyrese and Vin Diesel are salty because unlike them, The Rock actually has poo poo to do in between filming Fast and Furious movies.

I actually like you and your posts, so please don't ruin this by revealing you were the one Ballers fan all along

(I would have said Baywatch instead but like 50 people in America saw that and none of them are old enough to have accounts here)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sandman McMahon posted:

Wait, what happen here?

Critics hated Baywatch, not many people saw it in America (certainly not as many as the studio expected), and it opened third in the box office

Dwayne responded to this with an average of 30 subtweets of critics a day and even more Insta posts about how #TrueFans came out of the theater with more thumbs up than the human body's supposed to have, raving about how it was actually the best film they'd ever seen

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

Uhhhh, wha.

They partnered with Northrop Grumman. Announced today at NYCC

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 6, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also announced, the Stephanie-less look at the Women's Revolution from BOOM!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I've heard it discussed, and I believe Dave also speculated that, Owens/Shane is Falls Count Anywhere so they can pre-record the Shane spot backstage and/or with stuntman

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

im cute posted:

I would like to know more about The Fabulous Moolah: Huge Piece of Carny poo poo

Took advantage of young (and in most cases underage) female wrestlers who looked up to her and wanted her to train them, physically and sexually abused them, and pimped them out to wrestlers and promoters. Many trainees who refused or resisted were raped, and she knew it too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

smh you screwed bill goldberg

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nakamura Lost Clean To Jinder

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PPVs where Jinder's defending/retaining are the big reason DSIV's stepping away in the first place

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So is Sami For Syria now bad, is that how this works

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Watching this made me remember the Kanellises. What happened to them?

Maria's pregnant and they have nothing for Mike without her

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

How things appear to sane people outside the show matters less to me than the story as it's told in the context of the world it takes place in.

Jinder was proven right

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Also how far along is the "Getting Bayley-ed" progress meter for Shinsuke? 70%?

99.99999%. Basically the rest of the crowd no longer giving a poo poo what happens with him is the last thing that needs to be done, so it's just a matter of waiting now

surf rock posted:

Bought a ticket for Raw tonight, very excited! It'll be my first time seeing wrestling live and attending any kind of WWE event.

I need some advice:

- How early before the show starts do doors open? I imagine there'll be a big line; should I be showing up two hours before doors open or half an hour or right on time?
- Is it worth checking out the merch area? Before or after the show?
- Besides that and watching the show itself, does anything else happen at WWE shows that's worth knowing? Meet and greets or something like that?

In addition to everything everyone else has already said, it basically depends on your thoughts on the merch they already have available on WWEShop. If you like it, I'd recommend you check it out either before or during showtime (if you're worried about lines, merch line will tend to be at its biggest after show)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I've changed my mind, have Jinder beat Nakamura again at Survivor Series, it's getting funnier by the loss

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Keep Okada the gently caress away from this company

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

I mean last year they really pushed that "Survivor Series is the only time of year when the brands collide!" and my read from that was that this is gonna be a yearly thing now, but. I dunno, they might just loving forget it.

At the same time, even if it happened, who would you have be in that type of match besides midcarders

Because at this point Sami and Owens are against Shane, Styles is still against Owens, Styles is also against Corbin and Tye, Usos and New Day def ain't teaming together, Hype Bros keep teasing breakup, and Luke Harper is loving missing

That's just SD. I haven't even gotten to Raw, where the Shield are now together and very much against the Bar, Miz, Miztourage, and Braun. Also Brock might show up, it all depends on how he's feeling that morning. Also Finn's still fighting Bray

Just team up Ascension and Breezango against *throws darts at wall* Goldust, Heath Slater, Titus O'Neil, and Asuka

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

Randy burning Bray's house down was actually really great because it represented a perfect opportunity to do two things:

1) Double turn Bray and Randy.
2) Dial back the spook-o-meter on Bray by a few notches.

They did neither of those things and, in fact, did the complete opposite of those things and now both guys are loving dead.

Rusev's beyond dead and Finn's going to be beyond dead after he loses to Bray dressed as a female ghost zombie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sotar posted:

How can you please a boss who himself doesn't know what he wants?

He wants the big dog

You want the big dog

I want the big dog

We all want the big dog

• Locked thread