Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Check the week 1 OP for all of the rules

Here are the results from last week

pre:
+------------------------+-------+-------+-------+
| User                   | yards | bust  | score |
| axeil                  | 997   | FALSE | 42    |
| waah                   | 996   | FALSE | 41    |
| DariusLikewise         | 955   | FALSE | 90    |
| a new study bible!     | 955   | FALSE | 39    |
| OxySnake               | 954   | FALSE | 38    |
| fishing with the fam   | 953   | FALSE | 37    |
| the mean lunch lady    | 948   | FALSE | 36    |
| Arnold Layne           | 946   | FALSE | 35    |
| Forever_Peace          | 936   | FALSE | 34    |
| Grittybeard            | 920   | FALSE | 33    |
| bobjr                  | 909   | FALSE | 32    |
| No Butt Stuff          | 908   | FALSE | 31    |
| The Puppy Bowl         | 896   | FALSE | 30    |
| Strobe                 | 891   | FALSE | 29    |
| Turdsdown Tom          | 878   | FALSE | 28    |
| MrLogan                | 873   | FALSE | 27    |
| TurboFlamingChicken    | 835   | FALSE | 26    |
| Buane                  | 834   | FALSE | 25    |
| Benne                  | 833   | FALSE | 24    |
| Deceptive              | 821   | FALSE | 23    |
| Okibi                  | 789   | FALSE | 22    |
| seiferguy              | 788   | FALSE | 21    |
| Hockles                | 758   | FALSE | 20    |
| Shangri-Law School     | 757   | FALSE | 19    |
| Marshmallow Blue       | 756   | FALSE | 18    |
| totally losing my mime | 745   | FALSE | 17    |
| Nystral                | 734   | FALSE | 16    |
| Athanatos              | 730   | FALSE | 15    |
| pixelbot2000           | 726   | FALSE | 14    |
| Relentlessboredomm     | 696   | FALSE | 0     |
| Uterine Lineup         | 681   | FALSE | 12    |
| Diqnol                 | 672   | FALSE | 11    |
| Major Ryan             | 656   | FALSE | 10    |
| WaffleZombie           | 656   | FALSE | 9     |
| Acebuckeye13           | 484   | FALSE | 8     |
| Elephanthead           | 457   | FALSE | 0     |
| von Metternich         | 1007  | TRUE  | 6     |
| Young Hegelian         | 1041  | TRUE  | 5     |
| Infidel Castro         | 1074  | TRUE  | 4     |
| schweens               | 1080  | TRUE  | 3     |
| korrandark             | 1092  | TRUE  | 2     |
| Bjork Bjowlob          | 1279  | TRUE  | 1     |
Shoutout to DariusLikewise for hitting the 28-3 token again and who is now 75 points ahead of 2nd place :stare:

Standings

Overall Standings, Now in Google Sheet Form!

Raw Files for Nerds

Week 4 Raw Input File

Week 4 Raw Results

Week 4 Theme Week Winner Announcement

Due to excellent play last week, our Week 3 Theme Week Actual Cash Prize Winner is...uhhh axeil. Congrats me! Please contact Buane to receive your prize.

Week 5 Theme Week Announcement

That's right folks, this week starts the bye weeks. To honor the start of this excruciating process (and also *NSYNC) this week's theme is, well, I think this song will explain it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s

I'm calling this tonight
Gonna be the best theme in sight
I feel for your plight
Hey baby come on
I played you judiciously
Even when you busted me
So now it's time to ease the requirements

I know that I can't take no more
It ain't no lie
I want to see you off that list
Baby bye bye bye

Don't want to read the queue
Only five players in this game for you
You may hate me but it ain't no lie
Baby bye bye bye

You played with my gimmicks
Goons you're more than welcome to
Not participate in this fun charade
Baby come on
But I've run this game for you and me
And now I really come to see
That life would be much better with short lists

I know that I can't take no more
It ain't no lie
I want to see you off that list
Baby bye bye bye

Baby bye bye bye
Bye bye
Don't want to make it tough
I just want to tell you that I've had enough
It might sound crazy but it ain't no lie
Baby bye bye bye

I'm giving up I know for sure
don't' want to be the reason for your busts no more
Bye bye
I'm checking out, I'm signing off
Sick of seeing all these long lists; I've had enough

I don't want to read the queue in this game for you
So I'm leaving the gimmick glue behind
(Bye bye bye)
I don't want to make it tough
(Make it tough)
But I've had enough
(Bye bye)
And it ain't no lie

Baby bye bye bye
Bye bye
Don't want to make it tough
I just want to tell you that I've had enough
It might sound crazy but it ain't no lie
Baby bye bye bye

In case that wasn't clear, this week's theme is that you can only have 5 players (including your Brady Number). Ties will go to whoever can write the best football related musical parody.

Token Reminder

To play a token please copy and paste the image as well as the name of the token after your Brady Number.

This year we will have 5 fun token flavors. But pay attention! These are new, awesome flavors and some of these tokens can come with a downside!

The five current tokens in play are:

THE COX TOKEN

Thrusts through the line to stop your running game! You may play the Cox Token when your Brady Number is a Running Back. If your Brady Number would bust your score, this token will zero out their score!

THE OSWEILER TOKEN

A memorial to the greatest trade in history, the Osweiler token is a powerful reminder that teams can build via subtraction just as well as addition. You may play the Osweiler token regardless of your player's position. If your Brady Number would bust you, instead of adding points the Brady Number removes that many points from your score.

THE PRATER TOKEN

Kickers are people too! You may play the Prater token if your player is a Wide Receiver or Tight End. If your Brady Number would bust your score, this token will replace their score with the longest field goal in NFL history - 64 yards.

THE ILL-ADVISED RELOCATION TOKEN

Sometimes despite years of loyalty and good will you just have to chase after the dollar bills. You may play the Ill-Advised Relocation token if your Brady Number is a Quarterback because the fans only care about Quarterbacks! If your Brady Number would bust your score, this token will replace their score with the score of the opposing QB. For example, in Week 1 the LA Chargers are playing the Denver Broncos. If your Brady Number, Phillip Rivers, would bust you, you instead will get the score of Trevor Siemian. But since relocation doesn't always work out, if the replacement still busts you, tough luck!

THE 28-3 TOKEN

A reminder of the greatest choke job in all of sports and that no one should ever count out Touchdown Tom. If you declare the 28-3 token during a given week, it gets you 50 bonus points for a top 10 score and 100 bonus points for the best score of the week, but if you finish outside the top 10 you get zero, so you better manage that comeback! In addition, you can use the 28-3 token as much as you want if you keep getting the bonus, but if you use the 28-3 token and fail to make the top 10, you can't use it again for the entire rest of the season unless you hit a perfect thousand. Not for the faint at heart!

Here lie those who failed to achieve the impossible. Their cloud of shame shall forever hang above them...unless they score a perfect 1,000

marioinblack (Week 1)
MrLogan (Week 1)
fishing with the fam (Week 2)
Relentlessboredomm (Week 4)
Elephanthead (Week 4)

Theme Weeks & Past Winners

Week 1: GOAT WEEK (vanilla 1kob, just win baby) - a new study bible!
Week 2: DINK 'N DUNK WEEK (at least 4 QBs with 1 yard) - bobjr
Week 3: GROUND 'N POUND WEEK (at least 8 RBs with 1 yard) - Forever_Peace
Week 4: It Ertz when Eifert (at least 3 TEs with at least 186 yards among all TEs) - axeil
Week 5: BYE BYE BYE (only 5 players)
Week 6: ???
Week 7: ???
Week 8: ???
Week 9: ???
Week 10: ???
Week 11: ???
Week 12: Thanksgiving Turkey Week (biggest Turkey wins, list can only have one turkey)
Week 13: ???
Week 14: ???
Week 15: ???
Week 16: ???
Week 17: ???

Week 5 Schedule

BYE BYE BYE
ATL, DEN, NO, WAS

Thursday Night
NE @ TB

Sunday - 1pm EST
NYJ @ CLE
CAR @ DET
SF @ IND
TEN @ MIA
BUF @ CIN
LAC @ NYG
JAX @ PIT
AZ @ PHI

Sunday - 4pm EST
SEA @ LA
BAL @ OAK
GB @ DAL

Sunday Night
KC @ HOU

Monday Night
MIN @ CHI

axeil fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Additionally we are now at the end of the predetermined list of theme weeks I had at the start of the season, so if you have any theme week ideas please post them here or PM me

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I still like my idea of 3 or 4 or more players who attended the same college list and put up at some NFL numbers that week, but that probably makes a lot of work for you since it couldn't be automatically checked. I guess on the other hand you'd only have to check the winner.

Uh...receivers week of some sort like the ground and pound week? Alternately a week where you can pick anything you want except receivers?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

I still like my idea of 3 or 4 or more NFL players who attended the same college list, but that probably makes a lot of work for you since it couldn't be automatically checked. I guess on the other hand you'd only have to check the winner.

Uh...receivers week of some sort like the ground and pound week? Alternately a week where you can pick anything you want except receivers?

All 3 of these are really good ideas. If we did the first one I think I'd require you to declare in your post what school everyone went to because it'd make things a lot easier to double-check after the scores come in. Typically I only have to look at the top 3 or so overall since a lot of people are playing theme week.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
THEME WEEK ENTRY

TAM - Jameis Winston - Passing Yards
NE - Tom Brady - Passing Yards
PHI - Zach Ertz - Receiving Yards

Brady Number: CHI - Tarik Cohen - Rushing Yards

EDITED 7:30pm Thursday. Worried about how high scoring this Thursday game might be. Feel free to quote and laugh at my inevitable failure.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 6, 2017

Arnold Layne
Nov 4, 2008

GB - Aaron Rodgers - Passing Yards
NYG - Eli Manning - Passing Yards
CIN - Andy Dalton - Passing Yards
CLE - DeShone Kizer - Rushing Yards
B#: MIN - Kyle Rudolph - Receiving Yards

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Possible themes/challenges: can only pick players with same first/last name, only pick players from same division (I guess excluding Brady #), can't pick players on teams with winning records, can only pick players from the same draft class, can only pick players who are not on their original teams, or you can only pick players from teams that have won a Super Bowl or not won a Super Bowl but not both.

All of those might be hard to keep track of though.

THEM WEEK ENTRY
OAK - EJ Manuel - Passing
GB - Aaron Rodgers - Passing
TAM - Jameis Winston - Passing
CIN - Andy Dalton - Rushing

B#: CHI - Mitch Trubisky - Rushing Yards

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
How does play-offs work? I get that you take the top 27 teams in, but is it still cumulative at that point or does scoring switch to a week by week basis. Just wondering because I might cool with the 28-3 token for a bit, there's no way I can keep getting that lucky.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DariusLikewise posted:

How does play-offs work? I get that you take the top 27 teams in, but is it still cumulative at that point or does scoring switch to a week by week basis. Just wondering because I might cool with the 28-3 token for a bit, there's no way I can keep getting that lucky.

In the (recent) past we've just restarted the slate every week and the top third of playoff scores advance to the next week. Assuming axeil is staying with that way of doing things yeah I'd say you should probably back off and just stay the course for a while.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
:ducksiren: THEME WEEK :ducksiren:

AZ - Carson Palmer - Passing Yards
KC - Kareem Hunt - Rushing Yards
LAR - Todd Gurley - Rushing Yards

B#
CHI - Jordan Howard - Rushing Yards

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
I might have messed something up last week, though I'm not seeing it despite staring at my list for 20 minutes...but by my math I should have scored 997! It's possible I messed something up and am just too dumb to see it though.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

In the (recent) past we've just restarted the slate every week and the top third of playoff scores advance to the next week. Assuming axeil is staying with that way of doing things yeah I'd say you should probably back off and just stay the course for a while.

Correct. Although I will be allocating tokens to the post-season based on regular season performance like we did way back in the day. So all 4 for 1st place, 3 for places 2-4, 2 for places 5-10 and 1 for places 10-20. Places 20-whatever half of the league is won't get any tokens but will get postseason spots.

Although I'm open to changing it if people have better ideas.

Buane posted:

I might have messed something up last week, though I'm not seeing it despite staring at my list for 20 minutes...but by my math I should have scored 997! It's possible I messed something up and am just too dumb to see it though.

Lemme take a look when I get home. It's possible the script may have freaked out in some way or your players may have been improperly imported.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Lots of "b" alliteration this week for some reason.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

axeil posted:

Lemme take a look when I get home. It's possible the script may have freaked out in some way or your players may have been improperly imported.

This is what I have as your entry for last week:

pre:
+-------+------+-------------------------+-----------+---------+-------+-------+
| User  | Team | Player                  | Type      | Monday? | Token | yards |
+-------+------+-------------------------+-----------+---------+-------+-------+
| Buane | ATL  | Austin Hooper           | receiving |         |       | 50    |
| Buane | NYG  | Evan Engram             | receiving |         |       | 62    |
| Buane | DAL  | Jason Witten            | receiving |         |       | 9     |
| Buane | TEN  | Delanie Walker          | receiving |         |       | 51    |
| Buane | MIN  | Kyle Rudolph            | receiving |         |       | 34    |
| Buane | NE   | Rob Gronkowski          | receiving |         |       | 80    |
| Buane | PHI  | Zach Ertz               | receiving |         |       | 81    |
| Buane | NYJ  | Austin Seferian-Jenkins | receiving |         |       | 46    |
| Buane | SEA  | Jimmy Graham            | receiving |         |       | 61    |
| Buane | NO   | Coby Fleener            | receiving |         |       | 21    |
| Buane | IND  | Frank Gore              | rushing   |         |       | 46    |
| Buane | JAX  | William Poehls          | rushing   |         |       | 0     |
| Buane | KC   | Alex Smith              | passing   | 1       |       | 293   |
sums to 834.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll

axeil posted:

sums to 834.

Oh dear I put Bilal Powell's team as JAX so it gave me William Poehls instead :(

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
----,-'-@ THEME WEEK @-'-,-----

KC - Alex Smith - Passing Yards
LA - Todd Gurley - Rushing Yards

B# - MIN - Dalvin Cook - Rushing Yards

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
THEME WEEK

OAK- EJ Manuel - Passing Yards
BUF- Tyrod Taylor - Passing Yards
BAL -Joe Flacco - Passing Yards
IND - Jacoby Brissett - Passing Yards

B# - CHI - Mitch Trubisky - Passing Yards

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
NOT THEME WEEK

Elephanthead fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 6, 2017

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Elephanthead posted:

THEME WEEK

NE- Tom Brady- Passing Yards
NE- Tom Brady- Rushing Yards
NE- Tom Brady- Receiving Yards
IND - Jacoby Brissett - Rushing Yards
IND - Jacoby Brissett - Receiving Yards
TAM - Jameis Winston - Rushing Yards
TAM - Jameis Winston - Receiving Yards
KC - Alex Smith - Rushing Yards

Five Players Max

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

Five Players Max

I am not sure what you are considering a player to be but I count 5.

I realize Tom Brady is a cheater but that is just a type of player.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Elephanthead posted:

THEME WEEK

NE- Tom Brady- Passing Yards
NE- Tom Brady- Rushing Yards
NE- Tom Brady- Receiving Yards
IND - Jacoby Brissett - Rushing Yards
IND - Jacoby Brissett - Receiving Yards
TAM - Jameis Winston - Rushing Yards
TAM - Jameis Winston - Receiving Yards
KC - Alex Smith - Rushing Yards

You can't use different stats for the same player.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
There's nothing in the rules that says a dog can't play basketball.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
THEME WEEK

TB - Jameis Winston - Passing Yards
LA - Hunter Henry - Receiving Yards

B#: MIN - Latavius Murray - Rushing Yards

the mean lunch lady fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 5, 2017

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
THEME WEEK

Just a small Tom Brady
Passing in a lonely world
He took the midnight play going anywhere

Just a Georgia boy
Stafford Passing for Detroit
he took the midnight play going anywhere

Le'Veon Bell
in a smoky room
The smell of weed and cheap perfume
For a while they can Rush the night
It goes on and on and on and on

Kelce Receiving
Up and down the gridiron
His shadow blocking
In the night
Football people
Livin' just to find emotion
Playin' somewhere in the Monday Night

Workin' hard to get their fill
Everybody wants a thrill
Payin' anything to hit the lane
Just one more time
Some will win
Some will lose
The Browns were born to sing the blues
Oh, the game it never ends
It goes on and on, and on, and on

Kelce Receiving
Up and down the gridiron
His shadow blocking
In the night
Football people

[Instrumental interlude/]

BRADY NUMBER

Don't stop Trubisky
Pass on to that feelin'
Football people
Don't stop Trubisky'
Pass on
Football people
Don't stop Trubisky'
Pass on to that feelin'
Football people

So yeah

DET - Matthew Stafford - Passing Yards
KC - Travis Kelce - Receiving Yards
DAL - Ezekiel Elliot - Rushing Yards

B# CHI - Mitch Trubisky - Passing Yards

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 5, 2017

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Acebuckeye13 posted:

THEME WEEK

Just a small Tom Brady
Passing in a lonely world
He took the midnight play going anywhere

Just a Georgia boy
Stafford Passing for Detroit
he took the midnight play going anywhere

Le'Veon Bell
in a smoky room
The smell of weed and cheap perfume
For a while they can Rush the night
It goes on and on and on and on

Kelce Receiving
Up and down the gridiron
His shadow blocking
In the night
Football people

Rushin' hard to get his fill
Todd Gurley wants a thrill
Payin' anything to hit the lane
Just one more time
Some will win
Some will lose
The Browns were born to sing the blues
Oh, the game it never ends
It goes on and on, and on, and on

Kelce Receiving
Up and down the gridiron
His shadow blocking
In the night
Football people

[Instrumental interlude/]

BRADY NUMBER

Don't stop Trubisky
Pass on to that feelin'
Football people
Don't stop Trubisky'
Pass on
Football people
Don't stop Trubisky'
Pass on to that feelin'
Football people

So yeah

LAR - Todd Gurley - Rushing Yards

B# CHI - Mitch Trubisky - Passing Yards

You're a beautiful little petunia in the onion patch.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Diqnol posted:

You're a beautiful little petunia in the onion patch.

I'm also an idiot who can't count to five :downs:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

MrLogan posted:

Baby it ain't no lie
baby brady gonna receive 100 yard pass
you know what he eats don't give him gas
dorito donk says I can
and you know it is about the weight loss man

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Buane posted:

Oh dear I put Bilal Powell's team as JAX so it gave me William Poehls instead :(

MEAT STARLORD strikes again

MrLogan posted:

Also this

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Fine I am out of theme week! I will not give up Tom Brady receiving yards!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Elephanthead posted:

Fine I am out of theme week! I will not give up Tom Brady receiving yards!

repeating players is a general rule though, not a theme week one.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Marshmallow Blue posted:

repeating players is a general rule though, not a theme week one.

That is correct, it's always been a rule that you can only have one type of yardage per player.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Fine give me a zero this week.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

THEME WEEK

NYG - Eli Manning - Passing Yards
LAR- Cooper Kupp - Receiving Yards

B#: MIN - Adam Thielen - Receiving Yards

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Oct 7, 2017

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Theme Week

GB- Aaron Rodgers - Passing Yards
BUF- Tyrod Taylor - Passing Yards

B#: MIN - Stefon Diggs - Receiving Yards

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
THEME WEEK

DAL - Dak Prescott - Passing Yards
PIT - Ben Roethlisberger - Passing Yards
BUF - LeSean McCoy - Rushing Yards

B#: CHI - Jordan Howard - Rushing Yards

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Elephanthead posted:

Fine give me a zero this week.

There's still plenty of time to re-submit a list that complies with the rules.

Otherwise instead of a zero I'll just take the natural positions for the players you picked (QBs get passing, RBs get rushing, WRs/TEs get receiving) while ignoring the others

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
PHI - Carson Wentz - Passing Yards
B#: CHI - Jordan Howard - Rushing Yards

pixelbot2000
May 11, 2004

Pay your pussy bill
OAK - EJ Manuel - Passing Yards
OAK - Jared Cook - Receiving Yards
OAK - Jalen Richard - Rushing Yards
DAL - Terrance Williams - Receiving Yards
B#: MIN - Stefon Diggs - Receiving Yards

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
CLE - DeShone Kizer - Passing Yards
CAR - Cam Newton - Passing Yards
LAR - Jared Goff - Passing Yards
DAL - Ezekiel Elliott - Rushing Yards
PIT - Le'Veon Bell - Rushing Yards
IND - Frank Gore - Rushing Yards
DAL - Dez Bryant - Receiving Yards
LAC - Keenan Allen - Receiving Yards

Brady Number - MIN - Laquon Treadwell - Receiving Yards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
DET - Matt Stafford - Passing Yards

B# - CHI - Tarik Cohen - Rushing Yards

• Locked thread