Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh

Fun Shoe

Well, this should be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh

Fun Shoe

Nipponophile posted:

With no weapons, the Joes are forced to improvise. Clutch stops by a bathroom and dumps several bottles of PX aftershave in a bucket.

At Cobra HQ, Cobra Commander explains that their robot is programmed to fight its way out of the Joes' radio-shielded HQ, then transmit its position which will be triangulated by Cobra's helicopter-borne directional scanners.

Got a repeated image here.

And this didn't seem so bad, if this is a sub-par issue the rest must be pretty rad.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh

Fun Shoe

Snake Eyes can be pretty sassy when he wants to be can't he?

Nipponophile posted:

Right around then, Hasbro launched their second wave of G.I. Joe figures and vehicles, so we'll also meet some new faces.

The need to sell merch is the driving force behind the conflict between the Cobras and the Joes.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh

Fun Shoe

I'm still subscribed to the Virtue's Last Reward Let's Play, a thread that has had several month long gaps between updates and been running so long that the game's sequel was announced and came out in the time since it first began.

I can be patient.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh

Fun Shoe

Oh man, can the Americans and Russians put aside their differences and realize they're not so different after all? Tune in next time!

That said, I'm legit curious as to what's going on with Hawk here. I somehow doubt they'd go straight "He was a double agent all along!" unless they were going to kill him off to make room for another character, but it seems too early for that. So... impostor? Is Hawk impersonating the real Songbird so he can... do something?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh

Fun Shoe

Even after I finished reading that I was still confused about the whole Operation Doppelganger thing. I thought for sure that he was going to have Cobra troops disguised as the Joes and the Guard attack the others to try and break the alliance and was kinda baffled when it didn't happen.

I actually had to read the whole thing twice to figure out that it referred to the Cobra Commander body double

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh

Fun Shoe

Jesus that was a ride from start to finish.

Also Clutch is an rear end in a top hat but what else is new.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh

Fun Shoe

Psion posted:

The guy's expression on the last panel as he gets hauled away. Still fantastic.

It really is

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh

Fun Shoe

STELLAAAAAAAAA!!!

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh

Fun Shoe

So I'm guessing the MOBAT was destroyed so they could make room for new toys hardware?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh

Fun Shoe

FredMSloniker posted:

You might even say he's... gung-ho about it?

Go to your room

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh

Fun Shoe

That fight between Stalker and the Crocodile was amazing

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh

Fun Shoe

Nipponophile posted:

Pictured below, a ninja commando manning a WW2-era bomber's dorsal turret:

You guys can complain about Ninja Bullshit all you want, it's worth it just for this

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh

Fun Shoe

"So word just came down, we're gonna need to use the scuba guy in the next issue."

"How the gently caress are we gonna work scuba guy into a battle at the treasury?"

"gently caress it, he just walks around in his flippers and harpoons guys."

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh

Fun Shoe

Proteus Jones posted:

I never realized how much I need a Kwinn and Snake-Eyes on the Road series of comics.

Proteus, do you have any idea how brilliant an idea that is?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh

Fun Shoe

Small point of confusion, how in on this plan is Scarface? He knows that COBRA is sacrificing him to get at the Joes, and kinda goes along with it after spending so much effort to avoid them and go into hiding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh

Fun Shoe

Rest in peace Kwinn, you were the best

Rest in pizza Dr Venom, you were the worst.

• Locked thread