Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

From everything I've heard about this comic and half remember from my childhood, this should be amazing (oh, and hi TFR from BSS!) I can't wait to see how off the rails some of the stories get!

Realizing that GI Joe was originally supposed to be a SHIELD vs HYDRA story makes me wonder if hooded Cobra Commander was based on Baron Zemo and his hooded appearance. More obviously, I assume Flagg is based on where Nick Fury was at in the comics at the time--WW2 vet, with decades of secret agent time under his belt, now promoted up to the brass level in charge of the agents instead, but still the same man he always was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I love Cobra's "hood" helis

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

...how did Snake Eyes radio contact the rest of the team?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Props to the Oktober Guard, "Horrorshow" is a drat fine code name.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Well they're lego, you can make your stuff to fit the joes if you have enough bricks.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

So uh, do we get anything further on the whole Hawk as a double agent thing, or was he doing a triple agent routine to ensure the decoy was Cobra's target?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

what does that mean by "mickey mouse logos"?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

wow, even for GI Joe, that was an action packed issue.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I like the classy way the credits are integrated into the splashpage art. It's always fun when that sort of thing is pulled off

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Hahaha, Snow Job is such a dick.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Psion posted:

Dr. Venomís ninja bullshit face is another excellent entry into the list of amazing faces this comic has produced.

I'm more of a fan of the looks of shock on the joes immediately after the explosion.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

for the record, Venom's method of getting the door open is 100% sound. If you ever find yourself in a water based car crash, where you're trapped and the car is filling up, roll down your window. It'll be scary as hell, but once the water inside the car rises up to the window level, the pressure will be equalized and the door will open right up.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Venom is a very sweaty man.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Aww man Nippon, you can't not post the poetry man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I wish I had the drawing skills to realize what that frame makes me think of.

Fear and Loathing is Half the Battle

"We can't stop here, this is B.A.T.S. Country!"

• Locked thread