Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Yessssssssssssssss there will be so much Ninja Bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Will the Joes and the Soviets find common cause to battle Cobra together?

Also:

is funnier than I would have given this title credit for.

Even GiJoe thinks you're slimy, CIA Mans.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Kurui Reiten posted:

I'm surprised GI Joe isn't close to as popular today, with all the jingoistic RAH RAH RAH OUR MILITARY poo poo going on. You'd think it'd be easy to sell them to that section of consumerism.

Yeah, but GIJoe has always been about freedom and equality for all. Definitely not a tale that would be well-received in Trump's America.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Alacron posted:

Oh man, can the Americans and Russians put aside their differences and realize they're not so different after all? Tune in next time!

That said, I'm legit curious as to what's going on with Hawk here. I somehow doubt they'd go straight "He was a double agent all along!" unless they were going to kill him off to make room for another character, but it seems too early for that. So... impostor? Is Hawk impersonating the real Songbird so he can... do something?

I'm going to guess a honeypot trap for Cobra. I don't see this title at that time doing a slow burn B plot. If I had to guess, toward the end of next issue there are more Joes waiting for Cobra to fully commit, saving the Commies and Defenders of Freedom just as all hope appears to be lost.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Stone-loving-cold there, Hawk.

I wonder if this is a set-up for some inter company tension in future missions. If Stalker, I'd always wonder if my mission was actually legit.

Holy poo poo. Stalker = Stalking Horse. Used and disavowed if necessary.

I may be reading too much into a comic based on a toy.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Choco1980 posted:

what does that mean by "mickey mouse logos"?

Maybe an artifact of injection molding?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

wat

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

What the poo poo are "brashers"? Those aren't a thing as far as I could find.

(and yes I know "rashers" are a thing, but that's just bacon. And even for an American, French Fries and bacon are a weird, weird thing to have for lunch)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Dareon posted:

Much like Cyclops, Snake-Eyes' gun does not technically shoot lasers.

Apparently it shoots punches. I'm imagining little boxing gloves fired at a high velocity.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The Pinto joke is loving hilarious.

This is *exactly* how you source a supply chain:

Also, Granny Goodness Marvel/DC crossover?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

I want to say that these two characters (or others like them) showed up in a few other Marvel books. An older couple in their lovely, beater car, get stalled right in the middle of a villain's rampage through the city.

That went from being a good schtick to a great schtick now that I know that. I love poo poo like that. This is almost as good as the midget assassin Elf With a Gun in Defenders.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 28, 2017

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I believe you mean the Elf With A Gun.

(Steve Gerber was so great)

YES! (edited to fix)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Pursesnatcher posted:

Forget Snake Eyes, Gung Ho is clearly the most interesting dude, I mean LOOK AT HIM.

He's propelling himself like a jet ski. He's fueled by baked beans.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yay! The next issue!

This one is great. If the next few are of similar quality, I may have to buy these.

Also, if you're going to choose a WW2 Heavy Bomber (I mean why vintage planes?), the Lancaster is a superior choice. It was an extremely agile and sturdy plane, so those aerobatics in this issue aren't really implausible (to the point of me rolling my eyes). I'm actually surprised it wasn't a toy tie-in.

Please keep doing these.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I never realized how much I need a Kwinn and Snake-Eyes on the Road series of comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Murray and I have the same philosophy

NOOOOO!!

Not SnakeEyes and Kwinn’s Thelma and Louise car!

• Locked thread