Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
In last week's You're Fired the firee, who had been really angry with Elizabeth at the end of the episode, seemed to feel a bit bad about it after watching the episode, and realised Elizabeth wasn't the bad guy on her team. I don't think Elizabeth will win (I think she'll be gone within two failed tasks) but I think she's one of the better ones, even if she goes a bit panto sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Looking forward to a special appearance by Priti Patel on "You're Fired" tonight

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
It all seemed like they were doing well, until the tours actually started

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Staggy posted:

These challenges are always the ones I feel worst about for the public. Every other challenge risks a few minutes of an awkward interaction with the candidates. These basically waste an entire day of some poor sod's holiday. There's a woman on the blue tour that just looks miserable.

Don't forget that one guy last week who was about to have his dinner and got convinced to travel a few miles across London to sell an Amstrad only to get stood up

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Steve2911 posted:

Not sure what the Sarah Jane girl did to deserve a firing. She seemed semi-competent and it's not exactly her fault the tour itself was such shite.

As the PM she certainly shares some element of the blame for the lovely tour. But I think she was fired for not really making an impression. In last week's episode her entire role was sitting opposite the others in the taxi. Not actually really contributing anything.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Exactly, in a way it's the opposite of Big Brother type shows where the most bombastic competitors get kicked out because they draw the most attention to themselves, but in the Apprentice if you don't get noticed one way or the other you're usually for the chop. Doesn't necessarily mean if you're quiet you'll lose, if you have enough other positive qualities you can still win, e.g. Tom.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
It's got to be a Judge Judy kinda thing where they decide a price and the show pays for it.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I've walked past the doctor lady's cosmetic clinic in London, I imagine it probably is rather profitable, in the way that selling snake oil to idiots often is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I once had a recruiter send me a cup of sweets as a thank you, sounds like the real money is in combining the two business plans.

But really given that he already has a cakes business partner and a recruiter business partner, these seem like odd choices.

• Locked thread