Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

kung fu jive posted:

What a shame, the events that have transpired. This thread is/was always amazing. I joined the Discord and I signed up on https://breadnroses.net per the June general games chat thread. I'm in no way affiliated with it but it sounds like people are getting their $10 fee waived and there's video games talk happening there so I'm giving it a shot.

Do you know how to get it waived because I can't seem to find a way to indicate that I'm coming from SA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
this might be the thread i'll miss most, I read it every night on my phone in super dimmed mode and am usually asleep in less than a page. it's like chloroform to me, it's amazing.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

big cummers ONLY posted:

Crazy to think anyone here is young enough to not know about goatse

Oh no I grew up knowing it quite well, I was in High School during the golden age of things like that and Meatspin and Lemon Party, but the thing is I had very internet savvy friends growing up so thanks to them telling me about these things(in fairly graphic detail) I was able to avoid directly running into these things

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

drrockso20 posted:

Oh no I grew up knowing it quite well, I was in High School during the golden age of things like that and Meatspin and Lemon Party, but the thing is I had very internet savvy friends growing up so thanks to them telling me about these things(in fairly graphic detail) I was able to avoid directly running into these things

If it helps, the dude doing the stretching is doing it completely consensually and IIRC he enjoys it!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Sleekly posted:

um have u noticed whats going onaround here?
the dream is on fire
we're all banned or choosing to live under and support a repeated woman basher and even now posting that pic is a sad little rush

milk what fun is left here while its here

im sorry you feel violated by it
i assumed its p much a greeting card

SA's going to poo poo but ruining other threads in Games with the goatman is dumb.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Time_pants posted:

Do you know how to get it waived because I can't seem to find a way to indicate that I'm coming from SA?

I just paid it but I’ll ask someone from the mod team there and get back to you.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Jeffery is fine, he's gonna buy it, were cool.

Question. How do you kill that prick in byrgenwerth with the whip and stupid powerful arcane magic

EDIT: NVM. Killed her

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jun 26, 2020

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Fargin Icehole posted:

Jeffery is fine, he's gonna buy it, were cool.

Question. How do you kill that prick in byrgenwerth with the whip and stupid powerful arcane magic

parry parry parry

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Stun locked her with the kirkhammer sword, and dodged her giant arcane homing thing.

Now it's time to take a little moonlit dip I guess. I've been needing help from the AI so far, but I beat shadows of yharnam by my lonesome, so I'm feeling confident about this next boss.

EDIT: that reminds me, I went back and killed the hunter manning the machine gun to get his special prize.

Trouble is he backstepped into Oblivion, and his body landed on the wooden railing near the ladder where you came from and I can't pick the goddamn thing up.

Can anybody tell me what he had and if it was worth the trouble?

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jun 26, 2020

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Fargin Icehole posted:

Stun locked her with the kirkhammer sword, and dodged her giant arcane homing thing.

Now it's time to take a little moonlit dip I guess. I've been needing help from the AI so far, but I beat shadows of yharnam by my lonesome, so I'm feeling confident about this next boss.

EDIT: that reminds me, I went back and killed the hunter manning the machine gun to get his special prize.

Trouble is he backstepped into Oblivion, and his body landed on the wooden railing near the ladder where you came from and I can't pick the goddamn thing up.

Can anybody tell me what he had and if it was worth the trouble?

In Old Yharnam? It's the powder keg badge, and if you re-load the area it appears up where the machine gun was. Same thing happened to me.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

kung fu jive posted:

I just paid it but I’ll ask someone from the mod team there and get back to you.

Thank you! I really appreciate it!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

We Got Us A Bread posted:

In Old Yharnam? It's the powder keg badge, and if you re-load the area it appears up where the machine gun was. Same thing happened to me.

Oh okay thanks.

I died to the vacuous spider. Or rather I died to his backup. Any advice?

Especially now that when I replay the right I lost the advantage of hitting the boss first.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 26, 2020

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Fargin Icehole posted:

Oh okay thanks.

Especially now that when I replay the right I lost the advantage of hitting the boss first.

Bolt serrated and just kite his lil babies around

She has three phases and each phase will spawn a group of those jerks

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Fargin Icehole posted:

Oh okay thanks.

I always kill the first round of babies since it allows me to just wail on rom uninterrupted. second/third phase is a lot of running in and out. I try thin the spider pack out when I can. Sprint sorta diagonally to dodge meteors, run away to avoid everything else . Bolt paper makes it go a tad quicker.

I like the boss in concept but I still hate rom even after so many playthroughs. she shows up again in a chalice dungeon and the fight there is so much better imo

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

verbal enema posted:

Bolt serrated and just kite his lil babies around

She has three phases and each phase will spawn a group of those jerks

I assumed my sword was serrated, but I was completely wrong and I am delving into the earlier weapons

Should I do saw cleaver or saw spear? So far I have kirkhammer to 6, tonitrus to 5, but I'm in a position to make a new backup weapon

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Fargin Icehole posted:

I assumed my sword was serrated, but I was completely wrong and I am delving into the earlier weapons

Should I do saw cleaver or saw spear? So far I have kirkhammer to 6, tonitrus to 5, but I'm in a position to make a new backup weapon

Cleaver favors Strength and does slightly better damage. Spear favors Skill and has (imo) slightly better move set. Both are fine

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Fargin Icehole posted:

Saw Spear is generally the better choice in that regard, partly because it's Serrated in both modes, also cause you can get one for free

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i dont think serrated does more damage to rom but im not sure. in any case the best advice for rom is to never stand still, just constantly be moving and most of the attacks from both rom and the babies will miss you

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
saw spear's transform attack repeated can carry you so goddamn far

also if your weapon isnt covered in spikes or teeth it aint serrated.

What about that wierd huge mace thing that you stab yourself with i have no idea what that weapon is as I've only gone as far into the dlc to sprint pass everyone grabbing clothes n weapons

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

scary ghost dog posted:

i dont think serrated does more damage to rom but im not sure. in any case the best advice for rom is to never stand still, just constantly be moving and most of the attacks from both rom and the babies will miss you

oh yeah Rom is kin so serrated might not do more extra damage but even still the cleaver and saw spear attack so fast add some bolt paper or runes and you wouldnt even notice

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I see what you mean about the saws, they have the same attack rate of the regular longswords of the series.

Well okay I beat the spider and I'm running almost completely blind into this game. I'm getting the same vibe I got when playing dark souls for the first time.

The feeling I get is appropriate in this game because in struck with a curiosity seeing just how worse everything gets. The infinite cosmos has replaced the night, and I think everything and everyone is worse now.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
well its
Not great but
at least the chalice dungeon dont break open into the main world

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

verbal enema posted:

saw spear's transform attack repeated can carry you so goddamn far

also if your weapon isnt covered in spikes or teeth it aint serrated.

What about that wierd huge mace thing that you stab yourself with i have no idea what that weapon is as I've only gone as far into the dlc to sprint pass everyone grabbing clothes n weapons
It's the Bloodletter and it's extremely good, but you have to almost beat the DLC to get it. Absolutely worth it tho

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The last 4 weapons in the DLC are all so awesome and unique.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Can I get an invite to a from or Bloodborne discord please? Thanks.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Okay made some pretty good headway, I fought and beat the chosen old one, wound up at a lecture hall which feels like I should've been to earlier.

Mensis feels like it's too high level for me, so I figured out how to get to cainhurst.

Any advice on how to beat Logarius? I took about three quarters of his health before I ran out of vials.

I was able to parry a few times, but is it me or did he have a barrier on him that made bullets go around in his different phase? that and his spike turret thing was loving annoying, any advice?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

He does have a barrier in phase 2. You can prevent him from putting it up by backstabbing him during his power-up move.

The "turret" (his small sword) can be destroyed. One bullet will do it!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
da powerup move is his transition to phase teo btw

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Thanks for the advice on logarius, stabbing him in the back and always being in his face prevented the AI from trying it again or ever planting the sword turret.

I made it to microlash and this boss fight can suck my rear end. MY rear end. as dry as possible. I have the whole thing laid out, it's his loving piece of poo poo loving homing attack where I at least get hit one time, and anything past 3 hits one shots me and the enclosed spaces and camera work do NOT help at all.

Goddamnit i hate dark souls NPCs with infinite casts, gently caress.

Anyway, any advice on how to reliably control/Dodge his cast? I tried interrupts with the bullets, and they seem to only work if I do it perfectly. Any room for hesitation or delay and the thing gets cast anyway.

Should I do the Bloodborne thing and just be in his face, Dodge the tentacle attack, and just manage my stamina to where I'm always wailing on him?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Yes

Never leave his side for any reason

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Micolash sucks rear end, even after you finish learn to best him reliably it is never fun and I still sometimes get one shot after the drop in.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Fargin Icehole posted:

Thanks for the advice on logarius, stabbing him in the back and always being in his face prevented the AI from trying it again or ever planting the sword turret.

I made it to microlash and this boss fight can suck my rear end. MY rear end. as dry as possible. I have the whole thing laid out, it's his loving piece of poo poo loving homing attack where I at least get hit one time, and anything past 3 hits one shots me and the enclosed spaces and camera work do NOT help at all.

Goddamnit i hate dark souls NPCs with infinite casts, gently caress.

Anyway, any advice on how to reliably control/Dodge his cast? I tried interrupts with the bullets, and they seem to only work if I do it perfectly. Any room for hesitation or delay and the thing gets cast anyway.

Should I do the Bloodborne thing and just be in his face, Dodge the tentacle attack, and just manage my stamina to where I'm always wailing on him?

I have the Platinum in Bloodborne and the correct way to fight Micolash is to trigger them dropping into the little box and just standing up above them, raining down bullets and poison knives from safety. It’s a super lovely fight that sucks.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I did not consider that to be an option, thank you, I'll try it next run.

Took out microlash, was in his face and made sure I dodged the tentacle attack and he never used that other bullshit one as a result . I took down Mergot. Took me a few tries due to greed. I read up on the umbilical cord situation, so I have consumed the three.

Im having a little trouble with Gehrman, I have a saw spear and he is incredibly aggressive, not seeing alot of room to dole out damage. Any advice?

Also I feel like I have much to explore, especially because I haven't seen a blood rock in my playthrough

EDIT: I have a +9 saw spear and a +8 ludwig blade. Im feeling like I wasted all my mats on the Ludwig blade

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 28, 2020

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

the blunderbuss and ludwig's rifle stop your stamina from regenerating for a moment but don't actually cost any, and it starts to come back fast enough that you still gain stamina so you can stunlock bosses like micolash and keeper of the old lords into a corner with your weapon for almost all your stamina, stunlock them with the gun until you get all your stamina back, and repeat.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I believe you can also knock him down with beast roar. Can you defect the projectiles from
Spells with Beast Roar?

Another Dirty Dish
Oct 8, 2009

:argh:

Fargin Icehole posted:

Im having a little trouble with Gehrman, I have a saw spear and he is incredibly aggressive, not seeing alot of room to dole out damage. Any advice?

Also I feel like I have much to explore, especially because I haven't seen a blood rock in my playthrough

EDIT: I have a +9 saw spear and a +8 ludwig blade. Im feeling like I wasted all my mats on the Ludwig blade

Hopefully you see this before you take out big G, or you’re going to be waiting a long time to get to +10.
The blood rock is located somewhere between the lamp after Micolash and the Wet Nurse. Look for an elevator lift with a broken door. Bring sedatives.

Alternatively, start clearing out the chalice dungeons, and you might find one eventually - pretty sure depth 5 bosses can drop them, and they show up in chests, rarely. Or just farm up some +20-30% damage gems (where shape and damage type are a function of chalice type and depth) - the difference between a +9 and +10 weapon probably doesn’t matter until NG+ or some of the more unfair chalice bosses. Probably best to look up a guide if that sort of thing interests you.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Fargin Icehole posted:

Took out microlash, was in his face and made sure I dodged the tentacle attack and he never used that other bullshit one as a result . I took down Mergot. Took me a few tries due to greed. I read up on the umbilical cord situation, so I have consumed the three.

This is going to sound convoluted, but it works. When you cross the nightmare fog, run to your left, towards a tree that has gravestones clustered next to it. Transform your saw spear. As long as Gerhman is on the other side of the gravestones, he can't hit you with his pistol..he can hit you with his axe, but it breaks up the combos so that you're only taking one or two hits at a time. You CAN hit him through the gravestones, your spear is long enough. Keep circling to keep the gravestones between you and him. Once he starts to go wolf, run away from him and use the music box, he'll react to it, and then run behind him and backstab/visceral attack him. Or, just stay out of range and molotov him to death.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

We Got Us A Bread posted:

This is going to sound convoluted, but it works. When you cross the nightmare fog, run to your left, towards a tree that has gravestones clustered next to it. Transform your saw spear. As long as Gerhman is on the other side of the gravestones, he can't hit you with his pistol..he can hit you with his axe, but it breaks up the combos so that you're only taking one or two hits at a time. You CAN hit him through the gravestones, your spear is long enough. Keep circling to keep the gravestones between you and him. Once he starts to go wolf, run away from him and use the music box, he'll react to it, and then run behind him and backstab/visceral attack him. Or, just stay out of range and molotov him to death.

Wrong boss you're getting Gehrman mixed up with Gascoigne

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you

Fargin Icehole posted:

If you want to explore in NG don’t beat Gehrman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Esme posted:

If you want to explore in NG don’t beat Gehrman

I found and consumed 3 umbilical cord. So I should be good on that right?