Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This legit looks great and I wish they would honestly make a full on game of this poo poo.

Really just give me more god drat Bloodborne and stick it straight into my veins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I did it

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
May you find your worth in the waking world

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

so how do i join Da Bloodborne Boyz? do i just buy a new avatar and add it or is there a process

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

WoodrowSkillson posted:

so how do i join Da Bloodborne Boyz? do i just buy a new avatar and add it or is there a process

Same question, asking for a friend...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

WoodrowSkillson posted:

ReverendDre posted:

Same question, asking for a friend...

It is added to the queue. :)

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Gimme dat boyz tag as well

Btw something I've been wondering about, it honestly feels like backstep attacks (where you tap the circle button without any left stick input, then tap R1 or R2) are almost useless while in the thick of things. Sure you can exploit them in very controlled scenarios, some of these attacks have a ridiculous mechanic like high damage or range. But otherwise, when you're desperately dodging attacks, it's not useful: you don't have i-frames during the attack (better hope your enemy doesn't have high range), and if you perform a backstep attack while your enemy's attack is heading towards you, you're getting stunned out.

Edit: maybe it's more of a PvP thing? Like you bait out an enemy's charged R2 by standing right at the edge, repositioning out without i-frames, then counterattack. Better hope your ping isn't awful, and that the enemy is where your PS4 says they are.

Phobophilia fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Apr 3, 2021

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
There are times back steps are useful, usually when you’re already a safe distance from an enemy and want more to charge up an R2 safely, and some attacks hit a wide area to the side of the enemy, but yeah, most of the time enemies specifically attack to punish you for being afraid of them and trying to get some distance and get dunked on pretty hard by dodging to the side and punishing them as they whiff.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Freaking tell me about it. I spent the day farming the gently caress out of FRC headless bloodletting beast for heavy abyssal gems, the trick is to face it, stay to your right, and keep rolling through its attacks and whacking it with your flaming whirligig, either in its crotch or heel or neck stump.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
This game spooky as hell 😳😱 just finished sekiro and i decided to run through this now...i gotta muster some inner strength to play this late at night because holy smokes

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

cheeseboy58 posted:

This game spooky as hell 😳😱 just finished sekiro and i decided to run through this now...i gotta muster some inner strength to play this late at night because holy smokes

Yeah, you generally get numb to how creepy everything. Just go out and kill some beasts, it’s for your own good, really.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
It's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

What's that smell? The sweet blood, oh, it sings to me. It's enough to make a man sick...

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
Oh my, what a queer scent!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Good hunter, eat three alien fetuses before the end of the night please

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

It's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.

He'll be one of us... sooner or later...

Macaluso posted:

Good hunter, eat three alien fetuses before the end of the night please

You don't eat them though.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

cheeseboy58 posted:

May the good blood guide your way

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I can't beat orphan of kos. I can parry and wreck his first phase really hard but his stupid second phase is owning the crap outa me!!

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

hemale in pain posted:

I can't beat orphan of kos. I can parry and wreck his first phase really hard but his stupid second phase is owning the crap outa me!!

Orphan wants you to dodge into and to your right in both forms. There is like a kind of mid distance for the first form that is safe while staying closer in form 2 is better. You want to try to keep it doing melee sprees rather than tons of jumping ranged attacks. Some of it is just getting lucky with its AI though you can get some good time working it over when it screams before the lightning comes off Kos' corpse. Then roll over the lighting wave.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

NG+2, just finished off Micolash after several attempts, at this point A Call Beyond is just a one shot and Vitality is 60, so not maxed out but I'm getting up there... however, since the scaling goes up to 6 I'm going to dread this loving fight later on. There's no way to survive it at some point is there?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

wale on him into a corner until your stamina's gone, spam blunderbuss/ludwig's rifle to staggerlock him until your stamina's back, repeat

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Use the cum dungeon to level until you win

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Stay next to Micolash so he doesn't cast ACB. And you can literally sidestep around Micolash's Augur.

As Micolash is a hunter-sized enemy, he is very easily staggered, even by the Whirligig L2.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

^^^^ This guy gets it.

Alternatively, if you've stocked up on poison throwing knife, after you get him to disappear the first time and he hops out of the mirror on the first floor, pop him with all you've got from the second floor and it will whittle him down pretty effectively.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/byyourlogic/status/1378919324149293059?s=21

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

I loving hate him in ng2

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

sigher posted:

NG+2, just finished off Micolash after several attempts, at this point A Call Beyond is just a one shot and Vitality is 60, so not maxed out but I'm getting up there... however, since the scaling goes up to 6 I'm going to dread this loving fight later on. There's no way to survive it at some point is there?

I beat Micolash legit the first time. Every time since then (at least 10) I’ve cheesed him with Beast Roar stunlocking in phase 1 and projectile fuckery (Black Sky Eye, throwing knives, molotovs, bow blade, whatever) from the ledge. gently caress him till the end of time.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I couldn't agree more.

I avoid fighting Laurence on anything above NG because he is a chore. Way too much health and wide swings. At least phase 2 is bearable with a 99ARC build just by sprinting to the other side of the room. But in phase 1 co-op, he just jumps and swings around too much.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

wale on him into a corner until your stamina's gone, spam blunderbuss/ludwig's rifle to staggerlock him until your stamina's back, repeat

My question was less about the fight but more about the DPS on A Call Beyond itself; while my HP isn't maxed out I don't see it going much higher even at 99 and A Call Beyond just seems to do ridiculous damage and it's only NG+2. I'm sure at NG+6 it does a billion damage and it's a guaranteed death. Then again, I'm sure nearly everything will be at that point too.

Guillermus posted:

I avoid fighting Laurence on anything above NG because he is a chore. Way too much health and wide swings. At least phase 2 is bearable with a 99ARC build just by sprinting to the other side of the room. But in phase 1 co-op, he just jumps and swings around too much.

It's funny because I loathe the second phase more than the first. gently caress his extendo arm, burning diarrhetic rear end in a top hat and only a single safe angle you can hit him from comfortably. My only grip with Phase 1 is anytime he's close to the camera the frame rate drops... so constantly, and it makes timing anything a god drat nightmare.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Phase 2 Laurence is easier because while he's a flailing boss he is much less able to punish you. Though, I beat Laurence using a confused barely coherent method earlier today, I've clearly lost my touch, where I actually managed to beat him smoothly in the past.

BTW I was doing a whole bunch of Mergo PVP, and I somehow managed a huge string of wins using One Simple Trick: I ranked my Arcane to 20, and have been using short range Executioner Glove blasts to psych out my opponent, while I go aggro mode on them with my whirligig. Like I'll press Square, hold Circle, jiggle my left stick around for a few seconds, and when they try to dodge towards me I tilt my left stick forward a fraction and hit them with a dashing R2, tearing off a massive chunk of life.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

barely wins is wins still!

its really cool i think that some of these bosses have no reliable outcome you can force. anti-cheezy. always tough no matter the bulld

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

sigher posted:

My question was less about the fight but more about the DPS on A Call Beyond itself; while my HP isn't maxed out I don't see it going much higher even at 99 and A Call Beyond just seems to do ridiculous damage and it's only NG+2. I'm sure at NG+6 it does a billion damage and it's a guaranteed death. Then again, I'm sure nearly everything will be at that point too.

You’ll simply never be able to level past all the one shots in this game and 50 vitality + tier 3 and tier 2 clockwise metamorphosis runes are about the best you can do to get rid of the majority of them - I’m sure 99 vitality and even adding the tier 1 clockwise metamorphosis rune will get you a tiny bit further but really once you hit 50 vitality your levelups are better spent on pretty much any stat that isn’t softcapped. softcap your endurance, softcap your skill for better viscerals, level arcane as much as you want for better ranged options, etc

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Yeah, don't bother going beyond 50vit, 40end, 50str, 50skl, 50blt at least until you have already 99ARC then you can waste levels on whatever you want except endurance. You don't get more stamina at all past 40.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What's the best to level if you're beyond the softcaps? I'm at like... 304 with STR up to 80 and I just dump a point every hour or so when I finally get to the point of having 900K~ echoes to finally spend. It's grueling and I just want to max out for the sake of doing so. That's why I asked about the Living Failures glitch but just wasn't having any luck pulling it off.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

sigher posted:

What's the best to level if you're beyond the softcaps? I'm at like... 304 with STR up to 80 and I just dump a point every hour or so when I finally get to the point of having 900K~ echoes to finally spend. It's grueling and I just want to max out for the sake of doing so. That's why I asked about the Living Failures glitch but just wasn't having any luck pulling it off.

Do you have 99 ARC?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

sigher posted:

https://youtu.be/0a1bIG1smsY

I did this a few times before I did the living failure glitch. Only difference is I just skipped the third guy since the first two give 900k and killing #3 took about as long as just killing the first 2 and hunter's marking back to the lamp.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

skasion posted:

Do you have 99 ARC?

I don't, but I don't know if I use anything that benefits from it. It's the one stat that's a complete loving mystery to me.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

All the "hunter's tools", but particularly the Augur of Ebriatas and the DLC's Blacksky Eye, scale with ARC in a way that no other weapon scales with its given stat, and those two things together whip the rear end of almost everything in the game if used smartly. If you think that bloodtinge makes it seem like Bloodborne doesn't have ranged builds, 99 ARC with the Blacksky Eye will prove you wrong. It's really ridiculous.

IMO 99 ARC is indisputably the best build in the game. Get yourself a bolt-specced weapon to mop up the Kin and you're set.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 7, 2021

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That's astonishing, gently caress me. I've never bothered with the Hunter Tools, I'm a bit of a basic bitch, but I'm going to get that ARC up and gently caress around on my subsequent playthroughs. Thanks guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
wait wait wait i need ALL the Hunter items for Plat? I THOUGHT TOOLS JUST MEANT LIKE loving TOOLS FOR CRAFTING AND BLOODGEMS AND RUNES AND ARCANE HAZE I HAVE TO GO BACK TO SO MANY PLACES GODDAMNIT gently caress it ill do it on ng+3