Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I tried to go back to Dark Souls 3 for a bit before the Halloween event started because I found the season pass for :10bux: and ffffffuck it feels like such a dull series now. The lighting is so flat and the combat feels so frustrating and the weapons feel so dull.

Welp, see you all on the 26th! My first play-through was a basic strength one with the Saw Cleaver and pistol like a regular dude, my second was a fun one with the Tonitrus just wrecking Old God face with lightning. Any fun ideas for a third?

Pierson fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

You can’t use half the gear in the game if you won’t use the oversized anime poo poo. Learn to love the comically huge weapons and slay with your beast cutter

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Poniard posted:

:hmmyes:

Same reason I only use sword and shield in monster hunter but only use the basic attack because the other moves are anime and look dumb as hell

my man

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

good hunter you have been deceived i use the large hammer in all games

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Pierson posted:

I tried to go back to Dark Souls 3 for a bit before the Halloween event started because I found the season pass for :10bux: and ffffffuck it feels like such a dull series now. The lighting is so flat and the combat feels so frustrating and the weapons feel so dull.

Welp, see you all on the 26th! My first play-through was a basic strength one with the Saw Cleaver and pistol like a regular dude, my second was a fun one with the Tonitrus just wrecking Old God face with lightning. Any fun ideas for a third?

hm? Oh cool reddit's planning a halloween event

gently caress carrying a torch at all times though, I want my two handed weapons

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Pierson posted:

-Use the coolest skill weapons around, the BOM, church pick and burial blade (use the hacked dungeon to get it early). Become cool and edgy.

-Use the most tragically underrated weapon in the game, the beast cutter, and the kirkhammer just to show up the haters on this page. Become rich and famous.

-Use the underpowered stuff, like the wheel, the boom hammer and the rifle spear. Become incredibly sexy, but also die a lot.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Poniard posted:

:hmmyes:

Same reason I only use sword and shield in monster hunter but only use the basic attack because the other moves are anime and look dumb as hell

haha u better be jokin

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pierson posted:

reiterpallasch

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I, a man of high repute and impeccable taste, refuse and disdain arbitrarily large weapons in my videogames because of your decadent, lecherous animes

you peasant, you absolute plebeian

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

anime..... is blood

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Yo this game got a spider with a baby's head who trolls you throughout your adventure to fight space aliens, it's anime as poo poo so embrace it and pizza cutter a bitch.
Look at this guy, he loves his Whirligig Saw:

Not anime at all

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

may the good anime guide your way

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i love wearing boots but i hate how they don't catch and fill with rain when the weather's bad, what's a guy to do

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Just go out and watch a few episodes. You know, it’s just what weebs do!

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
A weeaboo weebs

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

If the murder end of my weapon is smaller than my torso it is bullshit

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

codenameFANGIO posted:

If the murder end of my weapon is smaller than my torso it is bullshit

Unless it's covered in my own blood obvs

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Were there ever false depth 5 chalices that let you get lost/uncanny versions of the DLC weapons? Or are my dreams of playing through new game with the Rakuyo just plain impossible?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

That isn't possible, because DLC weapons don't have their lost/uncanny weapons show up as coffin loot, they only come from chalice baths after you have the original weapon already.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Were there ever false depth 5 chalices that let you get lost/uncanny versions of the DLC weapons? Or are my dreams of playing through new game with the Rakuyo just plain impossible?

rakuyo has the highest dps in the game with a heavy cursed abyssal gem and 50str/50skl and an experienced wielder......so its most fun on a ng++++ build where it tears the buffed bosses apart like u are on playthrough 1

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The best weapon in bloodborne is the friends we made along the way.

Also the kirkhammer.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
It's the Saw Spear but yeah

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
on my lvl 300 dude both HMS and church pick can do about 2500 damage with the strongest swing on the enemy weakest to them.......but rakuyo can put out 2500 damage every second. technically though the HMS untransformed uncharged R2 does more dps if u spam it (about 3000 per second and it always staggers but its not very fun)

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

scary ghost dog posted:

on my lvl 300 dude both HMS and church pick can do about 2500 damage with the strongest swing on the enemy weakest to them.......but rakuyo can put out 2500 damage every second. technically though the HMS untransformed uncharged R2 does more dps if u spam it (about 3000 per second and it always staggers but its not very fun)

At that point isn't the only way to increase damage to convert to fire or arcane and pump arc? I had str and skl at 50 by like level 110 on my first character

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Soft cap for arcane weapons is 50 too (not tools, these have crazy scaling up to 99) so I think the most damaging weapon may be the LHB with its B/B on STR/SKL. Someone can post more specific numbers and correct me.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Guillermus posted:

Soft cap for arcane weapons is 50 too (not tools, these have crazy scaling up to 99) so I think the most damaging weapon may be the LHB with its B/B on STR/SKL. Someone can post more specific numbers and correct me.

His numbers don't mesh then because my max str skl character has a +10 LHB and definitely doesn't do that much damage per hit in transformed mode.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I want to try a new playstyle but I don't really see anything being remotely as fun as being a tentacle spewing flamespraying arcane build

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Alright I am chugging my way through the game with my BoM and they are super fun, but I want a second weapon with some range. Saif and Pick look like the two choices, which one am I less likely to get dunked trying to grab? I am about level 55

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

tweet my meat posted:

I want to try a new playstyle but I don't really see anything being remotely as fun as being a tentacle spewing flamespraying arcane build

Chikage chikage chikage

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

tote up a bags posted:

Alright I am chugging my way through the game with my BoM and they are super fun, but I want a second weapon with some range. Saif and Pick look like the two choices, which one am I less likely to get dunked trying to grab? I am about level 55

Saif is easier since you don't have to kill any bosses. Or Burial Blade from a false depth chalice.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Colonel Whitey posted:

Nice. Would have been done even faster if you hadn't missed that one visceral attack. The music in that fight loving owns too.

Thanks! Yeah, honestly the only problem with killing him that fast is that you miss out on one of the best tracks of the score.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

jit bull transpile posted:

His numbers don't mesh then because my max str skl character has a +10 LHB and definitely doesn't do that much damage per hit in transformed mode.

1) holy sword of moonlight
2) heavy cursed abyssal gem + 2 nourishing 25% gems
3) enemies weak to thrust

im talking maximum damage here. literally maximum

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

jit bull transpile posted:

At that point isn't the only way to increase damage to convert to fire or arcane and pump arc? I had str and skl at 50 by like level 110 on my first character

those are the highest possible damage numbers

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
"Dogs are just. The worst" claims another fresh hunter right as the 20 vials and I feel fine hubris sets in.

At least the two big dog boy on the bridge beyond them were too big miss though :black101:

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
Finally getting around to an arcane hybrid build, and I was planning to use HMLS/Tonitrus/Flamesprayer to captain planet my way through the game but it turns out tonitrus is boring as gently caress :(

I'm using Wheel until I get the sword, but what's a good bolt conversion weapon for 50 ARC? Thinking Church Pick or Whirligig? Whirligig seems kind of a waste without papers though, especially since I'll be going 50 STR too.

Also I'd forgotten how hilariously overpowered Augur of Ebrietas is holy poo poo :can:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

hampig posted:

Finally getting around to an arcane hybrid build, and I was planning to use HMLS/Tonitrus/Flamesprayer to captain planet my way through the game but it turns out tonitrus is boring as gently caress :(

I'm using Wheel until I get the sword, but what's a good bolt conversion weapon for 50 ARC? Thinking Church Pick or Whirligig? Whirligig seems kind of a waste without papers though, especially since I'll be going 50 STR too.

Also I'd forgotten how hilariously overpowered Augur of Ebrietas is holy poo poo :can:

You might be avoiding it due to overuse in other playthroughs, but LHB is a great bolt weapon.

Generally, the important thing for conversion weapons is mostly having the right gem slot (ie, usually circle for elemental damage).

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The important thing for elemental weapons is having all physical damage and good arcane scaling so LHB, Saw Cleaver, and I think Saw Spear are by far the best.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004

Hodgepodge posted:

You might be avoiding it due to overuse in other playthroughs, but LHB is a great bolt weapon.

Generally, the important thing for conversion weapons is mostly having the right gem slot (ie, usually circle for elemental damage).

Well I don't feel bad about using the hacked chalices to get lost weapons early. And you guessed right about LHB, used it a bunch on my first run.

I kinda wish Bloodborne (and Souls, and many other games for that matter) used the same weapon system that Mass Effect used that let you start a new game with a new weapon of your choice as long as you unlocked it on a previous playthrough.

Thanks for the tips.

hampig fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Oct 20, 2018

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

hampig posted:

Well I don't feel bad about using the hacked chalices to get lost weapons early. And you guessed right about LHB, used it a bunch on my first run.

I kinda wish Bloodborne (and Souls, and many other games for that matter) used the same weapon system that Mass Effect used that let you start a new game with a new weapon of your choice as long as you unlocked it on a previous playthrough.

Thanks for the tips.

ya it would be really cool if bloodborne had a ng+....... wait :blastu: :troll:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

hampig posted:

Thanks for the tips.

This is what i used the bottomless box glitch in DS for, i thought of it as New Game - :v:

Anyway, it took a while, but i think i'm finally getting my (meager) Bloodborne skills back

~dies 800 times to Rom~

well fine