Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Naked Baby Rolling Man is my friend and is real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

multijoe posted:

Just stab them lol

I tried that but I’m not very good at this game so I still get chain sucked half the time.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Brainsuckers are very resistant to staggers and physical damage, with the exception of thrust damage. So if you have any kind of weapon that reliably thrusts (saw spear R2, sword/cane R2s, church pick, rakuyo), you can very quickly burn them down. A pity thrust attacks tend to be very stamina intensive.

Also, if a brainsucker starts waddling towards you at high speeds with lethal intent, then don't bother trying to stagger them out of it, they gain alot of stagger resistance, just dodge out of that grab attack they are about to do.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

verbal enema posted:

:hmmyes:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

verbal enema posted:

Now this is a guy worth feuding with

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Last Celebration posted:

I tried that but I’m not very good at this game so I still get chain sucked half the time.

molotovs!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
90% of the value of the Tiny Tonritus is using it to blast those grubby assholes in Upper Cathedral Ward, most of the remaining 10% is for that one spot in Nightmare of Mensis where there's like three Winter Lanterns in a tight corridor

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

verbal enema posted:

I remember the first time I ‘bumped’ into him.

Rounded a corner and suddenly boom he was tumbling into me and pushed me back up the stairs into an enemy I was trying to avoid who then killed me. What a dungeon. :)

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Winter Lanterns were annoying until I got the backstab timing down. If you dodge behind them right as they go for the grab and have a semi-quick charge attack, you can consistently deal with them without much issue. And since you can't take damage while in a visceral you'll probably avoid the frenzy damage as well.

It's really easy once you have the timing.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

verbal enema posted:

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

PantsBandit posted:

Winter Lanterns were annoying until I got the backstab timing down. If you dodge behind them right as they go for the grab and have a semi-quick charge attack, you can consistently deal with them without much issue. And since you can't take damage while in a visceral you'll probably avoid the frenzy damage as well.

It's really easy once you have the timing.

my latest run I tried to parry the grab and missed EVERY TIME

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

verbal enema posted:

wait who

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Gort posted:

wait who

Naked baby rolling man. He's in a chalice. He's a very active little boy.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

loving up Brainsuckers from a distance is one of the biggest benefits of a 99 Arc character. Black sky eye out ranges their tracking.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Man I have never done any winter lantern shenanigans. Rushing them with a topped off health pool is enough for me.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Mergo/Fishing Hamlet Lanterns are excellent gem farms when you don't have access to False Depth chalices (aka no PS Plus). Just be warned, you're going to gently caress up and die twice in a row without picking up your echoes, so treat your echoes as disposable in this farm. And, of course, wear as much discovery as possible.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Welp I just started my game over again so I could not stab Eileen and also not kill the Chapel Dweller. My favourite parts of games are always NPC interactions and the story and I just couldn’t resist!!!

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

a primate posted:

Welp I just started my game over again so I could not stab Eileen and also not kill the Chapel Dweller. My favourite parts of games are always NPC interactions and the story and I just couldn’t resist!!!

good! no matter how much u get shot in the face u must help Eileen

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey if you hate money

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1383420350453534727?s=21

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Why on earth is that so expensive? I have a Joker figma that also came with a little Morgana and it didn't cost that much.

I'll still probably get it :sigh:

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Oscar Wild posted:

Naked baby rolling man. He's in a chalice. He's a very active little boy.

Wait is this guy in the bloodborne main game or not? or was it dark souls? I'm suddenly not sure anymore.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Chalice dungeon miniboss

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Macaluso posted:

Why on earth is that so expensive?

[...]

:thunk:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

kanonvandekempen posted:

Wait is this guy in the bloodborne main game or not? or was it dark souls? I'm suddenly not sure anymore.

there's no better description for this thing than "naked baby rolling man" (a "merciless watcher" in some chalices)

World War Mammories fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 17, 2021

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Naked baby rolling hammer man Woman Person Camera TV

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Another cool chalice enemy are the tall bandaged huge sword guys

Deffo cut from Souls

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Seems like theres a bunch of bosses in the dungeons not in the main game. Do they ever drop any loot or is it always more chalices for new dunjohns. Not really feeling the layout in these...

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

cheeseboy58 posted:

Seems like theres a bunch of bosses in the dungeons not in the main game. Do they ever drop any loot or is it always more chalices for new dunjohns. Not really feeling the layout in these...

they drop blood gems and blood stones, arguably the most valuable items in the game

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Finished pff a ng++ hit the zone at the end of the dlc, just loving danced around Maria, Orphan and the shark bros.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

Jumped on this, I need more Bloodborne memorabilia. :v:

Should I be suspicious that GoodSmiles has it for $40 cheaper?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Uh, goons I have question, some time ago some twitter art was posted demonstrating the process of Romification, aka how some lady turned into Rom.

I need it... for research purposes... into my frenzy resistance.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

cheeseboy58 posted:

Chalices are the only way to get the Beast Claw weapon and the good gems but nothing unique outside of those

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The top tier runes come from Chalices. Having 15% health and +20 stamina runes helps alot to get your build going.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Chalices are the only way to get the experience of climbing up a ladder and then falling down because there is nothing on top of the ladder, it’s just a ladder

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Chalice dungeons are how we get to know the beauty and power of the Pthumerian Descendant and the Abhorrent Beast*

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Macaluso posted:

Why on earth is that so expensive? I have a Joker figma that also came with a little Morgana and it didn't cost that much.

It's the "Deluxe" Edition, the original Hunter came out a while back and this is a rerelease with the new weapon set included. All of their DX figures are about $120.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

skasion posted:

Chalices are the only way to get the experience of climbing up a ladder and then falling down because there is nothing on top of the ladder, it’s just a ladder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR3tO1Lbudc

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

skasion posted:

Chalices are for fighting your way through a mile of werewolves and berserker zombies to unlock a door... that only contains two lava spider bell maidens, and now that the doors are open, the spiders will bumrush you as soon as you spawn.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Bust Rodd posted:

Chalices are for fighting your way through a mile of werewolves and berserker zombies to unlock a door... that only contains two lava spider bell maidens, and now that the doors are open, the spiders will bumrush you as soon as you spawn.

.....and the spiders have human heads with bad haircuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

czg
Dec 17, 2005
hi

Phobophilia posted:

Uh, goons I have question, some time ago some twitter art was posted demonstrating the process of Romification, aka how some lady turned into Rom.

I need it... for research purposes... into my frenzy resistance.

https://twitter.com/hollarityart/status/1339388035188854786?s=21