Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Dream Attack posted:

This game is so loving good lol.

It's stupid how much I could play this game, even after finishing the game twice and getting the platinum. I started a new run thinking "I wanna use the wheel" and then that turned into "I wanna use the MGS". Even now I keep looking at weapons and thinking "Im gonna play again".

I wanna use the boom hammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

man I just don’t know if I can get orphan of Kos down

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Phase 1 is a cinch. Phase 2 kicks my teeth in. Vit/End/Skl is 40/25/28 church pick +10. Not much else I could do. I rip through the base game, orphans the only obstacle.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

yeah you’re probably right. Was seeing it was two stat points for an increase of 8 damage and didn’t think it was worth. I’ve forgotten what the stat caps are. Might go obliterate micolash and come back.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

holy poo poo I just one shotted an invader with the church pick follow-up R2 get got son

Bust Rodd posted:

Maria’s signature weapon ending up in the well in the fishing hamlet doesn’t really make any sense unless she was there herself committing atrocities and I think the reason she’s placed herself where she has in that nightmare is to prevent you from uncovering the truth her whole deal is basically “please let sleeping dogs lie” because she doesn’t want you to uncover the truth about what she did

fwiw I agree wholeheartedly with this take on it.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

man I like Isz the most. It sucks that the normal progression means you have to spend so much time pn pthumeru. those ones feel so similar

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

You can follow it into the pit and kill it, I don't recall if it says Nightmare Slain or not.

just drops living string iirc. Nightmare slain is for mergo I think.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Gold ardeo and executioners set is the best armour set in the soulsborne games imo.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I kinda feel bad for cheesing the cursed amygdala with the bow blade but also, I beat cursed watchdog by going toe to toe so it evens out imo

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Fargin Icehole posted:

Oh okay thanks.

I died to the vacuous spider. Or rather I died to his backup. Any advice?

Especially now that when I replay the right I lost the advantage of hitting the boss first.

I always kill the first round of babies since it allows me to just wail on rom uninterrupted. second/third phase is a lot of running in and out. I try thin the spider pack out when I can. Sprint sorta diagonally to dodge meteors, run away to avoid everything else . Bolt paper makes it go a tad quicker.

I like the boss in concept but I still hate rom even after so many playthroughs. she shows up again in a chalice dungeon and the fight there is so much better imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Get the bow and completely cheese defiled amygdala and suddenly it’s all worth it