Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I'm trying to unlock Beast Claws, but Amy is in my way. Currently at level 40. If anyone wants to help a brother out, my PSN is PraetorianDead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I started messing around with the Logarius Wheel, and I'm still trying to figure what gems to slot in there. Am I better off with a percentage increase in Arcane damage, or a flat +damage? I have more STR than ARC right now, so I figure focusing on +blunt damage gems will get me the best returns.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Eopia posted:

I have literally no idea what rune you're talking about, but I managed to get some help from another player and took him down... mostly through their efforts, not my own.

In the Forbidden Woods there's an NPC you meet who invites you to join his League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Confederates. He gives you a Rune, that when equipped, makes extra NPC Hunters available for some boss fights.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Big thanks and much good blood to Araganzar for helping me take down Ludwig at level 40. Took us about a dozen attempts, but that hurdle is over and done with.

Hats off to you, Hunter!

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Araganzar posted:

You did the work, you had good progression while we were playing. Valtr was the real hero of that final fight. He backed into a wall and put Ludwig's butt out in the middle of the room for most of the 2nd phase.

I dashed through to pick up the skull, and I took a few pokes at Laurence. Even with the most fire resistant gear I have, he's mostly one-shotting me. My timing is off on dodging his swings. He delays a moment before swiping at me, and I keep dodging just a tad early and getting smacked. Oh well, practice practice practice.

Afterwards, I did some co-op at Paarl and Amelia for a bit to stock back up on on Insight. Then I'll go bash my head against Hot Larry again with Valtr.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Do a well-timed visceral attacks on the Winter Lanterns. If your Frenzy meter pops while you're in the middle of the visceral animation, you won't take any damage.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I'm going to be trying to take out Laurence at lvl 40 for the next hour or two if anybody feels like lending a hand.
PSN is PraetorianDead

E: well that was fast. First guy I summoned, we took ol' Hot Larry to the cleaners. Woo!

The Zombie Guy fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Apr 21, 2018

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Rayjenkins posted:

It’s fun helping people in low level dungeons wearing a bunch of DLC gear and having the milkweed rune on haha.

Yes, very much this. I've got the Beast's Embrace rune on, and I've been helping low-leveled people clear out Old Yharnham or Hemwick while in werewolf mode. I've had more than 1 person take a swing at me when they see a beastly guy with huge claws run towards them, even though I'm blue.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I'm thinking of trying a BoM run, since I've never used it before. Any tips for efficient use, besides pumping up SKL?

I guess the fastest way to get it would just be to bee-line to Crow Mom, and kill her?

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Desperate Character posted:

theres a hacked chalice available for the BoM if you still want to do her story

Might do that. But I also want those sweet Crow duds too...

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

new god of war comes with an option to flip the interact/dodge buttons so they are the same as bloodborne. well, this should be easy.

I should really look into re-mapping button layouts for new games I start, so I can take advantage of the dodge reflexes I've honed from DS/BB, instead of accidentally using an item.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Chalice dungeons are Cool and Good.

I took down Crow Mom with my new character because I want the Blades and outfit, and man, she does not gently caress around. She killed me repeatedly until she happened to get caught behind a coffin where she couldn't reach me, but my saw spear could still tag her. RIP Crow Mom, I will hoont other hoonters in your honour, don't worry.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Perfectly Safe posted:

On an unrelated note, I have never been able to use the Kirkhammer because the aesthetics of scooting around with a large stone block on your back wrecks my head.

That's the problem right there... Your large stone block should be firmly attached to your sword at all times, thereby allowing you to smash the everloving gently caress out of the filthy beasts.

Then you don't have to worry about the block ruining your Fashion Souls aesthetic.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

If you have PS+, I'd be happy to help you out with Papa G. I just started a new play through, so I have a guy right in that level range. PSN is PraetorianDead

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Kirkhammer is one of my top BB weapons. While you're learning the moveset, make sure to try out some transformation attacks! Toss L1 into your attack combos to do a TA. The Kirkhammer transformation attack from sword to hammer does big damage, and is good for staggering enemies.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I think you need to have the option checked off for Sony to send you promotional material. If you do, the theme should be emailed to you within a week or so.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Grant us eyes, grant us eyes...

No, wait... That- that's too many eyes...

Please, take back some of the eyes.

Please...

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

One of my favourite things to do in Bloodborne / Dark Souls, is to make themed or gimmick builds at low levels for co-op purposes. One of the tougher ones for me was getting the Beast Embrace rune at level 41.
But now I can do mid-game assists as a full on Beast Boy, swinging werewolf claws and howling away (wearing Father Gascan's outfit of course).

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

HaB posted:

Chalice Dungeon :words:

Thanks for the awesome write up. I'm glad to see that FROM games still have you hooked; I remember playing Dark Souls co-op with you on the 360 about a million years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I think having lots of stamina lends itself best to using heavy weapons, like Logarius' Wheel, or Whirlygig Saw. Just smash the everlasting gently caress out of enemies, stun-locking them to death. Quick, light weapons require a lot more stick and move tactics, and reliance on parrying.