Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
It's mostly that loving balcony with the two basically next to each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

CodfishCartographer posted:

I mean, the dodge and stun have huge windups and are easy to dodge, and they don't really have any other threatening melee attacks. I don't get it??

I think it's a combination of their grab attack having a lot of armor, reach and tracking, so you can't just stunlock them with a Saw Cleaver like you can a lot of other small enemies. They need more respect than they look like they should.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

tweet my meat posted:

How good is empty shell? That's just a weapon buff right? Also Augur looks pretty cool.

Empty Phantasm Shell is a weapon buff, like Fire Paper or Bolt Paper except it eats bullets rather than a consumable item. It's basically the Bloodborne equivalent of Magic Weapon from Dark Souls.

You can only have one weapon buff at a time so it's important to deploy the right buff against the right enemy. All of them increase the base damage by 80 points so against an enemy with even defenses they're all the same, so it's all down to enemy weaknesses. Unfortunately the pool of enemies that are weak to arcane and aren't as weak or weaker to fire/bolt is pretty small. otoh it's a lot more sustainable than papers since bullets are easily renewable with blood bullets and papers you're going to have to buy eventually.

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 9, 2017

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Guillermus posted:

But but, lady maria... ebrieta's tentacle...

It-it's not like I fear the old blood, or anything!

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
If you're going STR/ARC and you don't pick the Moonlight Greatsword then I really just don't know what to tell you.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Sapozhnik posted:

Wheel is a lot more fun than moonlight sword ime and available much earlier too

You only gotta beat three bosses to get the Moonlight Sword, it's just that low-level Ludwig is kinda tough :v:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

tweet my meat posted:

So if I put an elemental damage gem on a weapon, that completely negates the physical aspect right? Is there anyway I can split the difference? I want to make a lategame change and get a threaded cane with the waning slot to put bolt on it so I have a reliable source, but I don't wanna lose my skill scaling and physical damage either.

That's what papers are for. Or the Empty Phantasm Shell, if you're okay with arcane damage.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
You don't get the same quantity of content but The Old Hunters is the best Soulsborne DLC out of all of them. It's amazingly good.

The new weapons are awesome and distinct and the bosses are pretty much all unique and memorable and two of them are horrendously punishing mountains of difficulty. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

marshmallow creep posted:

For me just going from parries with the pistol to the blunderbuss made it simple, but that may just be confirmation bias and not some secret power of the blunderbuss.

It's not confirmation bias, the timing is slightly different. The blunderbuss takes very slightly longer to draw, so depending on your own reaction speed, it might be a more comfortable fit for you.