Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I didn't think cowardly dog, I thought TURN OFF MY PAIN INHIBITORS, DOK, though Doktor still has a bit of hair left...

Captainicus fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Oct 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I definitely feel the same way, I usually keep going for transform attacks or dash past enemy and try charged r2 or double r2 combo with weapons that can do it, much to my detriment. I actually found it hard to adjust going back to DS2, where you only had r1 combo and r2. I'm definitely more of a 'try all the different things in the game' kind of player rather than the 'use something that works and stick to it' kind of player.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I used the boomhammer the first time I played the game, then later also used the whirligig saw, and I was just a STR dude with no points in ARC. I still thought it was pretty good and used it for the dlc bosses and the last handful of main game bosses. I would usually dodge and try get a quick hit plus l1 jab, then see if I can dodge again and get in a heavy or jump attack. Much more hit and run than the usual 'dodge past guy and swing lots'.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Boom hammer does have some arcane scaling, I was pretty satisfied when I used it with only high strength. The moveset is a bit more limited than other weapons, though.

Captainicus fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 22, 2017

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I also really enjoy that your R2s change depending on where in a combo you do them, and some weapons have a follow up R2 attack after a charged R2, and all the transform attacks... it is harder to go back to the other games since I've enjoyed all these things!

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Personally I felt that the game got weaker as it went on because I went from yharnam and surrounds, which I thought were neat, to fantasy-alternate-dimensions (nightmare frontier and nightmare of mensis) which were much more boring for me.

Gameplay is pretty fantastic though, I find it very hard to go back to other souls game which I previously enjoyed...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I always thought the 'immortal and nameless shadow dwarves' would be the 4 kings. Because they only have titles, not names, chill out in a shadow dimension, probably immortal.

edit: oh someone already said this above me, oops