Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Relin posted:

where's from's new GAME

Oh man. It's incredibly exciting to imagine a new From Soft video game. A new game by my favorite game company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I would like another Souls-like please.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I just bought the DLC. Tell me how to have fun with it.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I just got to the DLC and I'm salivating about all the new weapons to use. The new whip looks so loving cool but my other character uses the threaded can and it seems like a waste of mechanics to have two whip guys.

My character is all strength and I've got a +9 Kirk hammer. What's the most logical/complementary DLC weapon for me to adopt?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Does the boom hammer scale with arcane? Also, I'm worried that it doesn't have a big enough moveset?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Maria was a great fight. Absolutely one of the best in Souls history. I'm at the orphan now and he's good too.

Can someone point me a YouTube vid on how to get an arcane build up and running? I plan on rushing to the boom hammer and maybe the amegdala arm, but I've got know idea what the best way to get gems is. Also, it is worth it to fortify the hunter's torch?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

JBP posted:

The rumoured Aztec setting, real or not, has me excited for a new adventure. I picture limited weapons like bloodborne, but weapons such as those gnarly wooden swords with stones for blades and blow pipes and poo poo. Replace the visceral mechanic with essentially the same thing, but call it sacrifice and it enables the mystical South American trick mode on your weapon.

This would own.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

U-DO Burger posted:

Diablo Souls, please From

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I'm excited for the straightforward dark fantasy game.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

A soulsborne game with no weapons but dozens of different kungfu styles. And a jump button.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Threaded Cane is my fav weapon but I wished the transformed R2 was more like its transformed Forward R2. There isn't a big enough of a distinction in hitboxs between the whip mode's R1 and R2.

E: my fashion souls is knight's jacket and gloves with choir mask and boots.

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 6, 2017

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Threaded cane and evelyn is just about as classy as Souls can get.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I didn't know you could party him if he charges up. His second phase is pretty easy to dodge anyway if you use the arena well.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Orphan is so hard! 😔

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The axe has a really good move set but it looks kind of goofy imo.

What's the point of diminishing returns for strength and skill?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I'm trying to do a cool fire damage run with the boom hammer, a torch, and a flame sprayer. How should I go about this?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

:homebrew: stealth-based darksouls/bloodborne. :homebrew:

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Dodging Left is not a good idea. You can beat him almost without dodging if you just strafe right when starts to attack. Always move to your right and he will have a really tough time hitting you.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

if the new From game is PSPro exclusive I would blow my brains out lol. I bought my PS4 this summer just for bloodborne

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

They appear after you kill BSB

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Bloodborne is worse for starting new builds and for fashion variety.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Skill to 25 for untransformed chikage, then bloodtinge to 50 for transformed chikage, evelyn, and repeater pistol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

CJacobs posted:

It does.

If you sign up for a jp psn account and buy it on ps now, a thing that's definitely the intended way to play it

what in the gently caress