Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
This game spooky as hell 😳😱 just finished sekiro and i decided to run through this now...i gotta muster some inner strength to play this late at night because holy smokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

a primate posted:

I’m finally making a serious attempt at this game for the first time, and holy poo poo is it hard for a scrub like me. I managed to get to Gascoigne and got obliterated.

I’ve been grinding a bit to level up my health (I’m at 21, overall level is like 13 or something). I started as Lone Survivor with the saw blade thing.

I found out about the music box trick... any other tips? I should mention the only lantern I have is the first one.

You can cheese him with the tombstones but i had a hunter axe where the swing is far. He gets very mad and destroys the tombstones later tho (disrespectful imo)

E: hes harder than every other boss ive fought so far...so if u stick with it and conquer him youll have a good time :)

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Should i pop madmans knowledge? I have 23 of them and 31 insight already. Is it better if i do?

Also idk how to get ppl to go to iosefkas clinic, is there anyway? I just got to the backdoor and shes telling me to bugger off..

E: nvm i found her. I have to send ppl to her for the true ending yes? Lol i already sent 3 to creepy lady...

cheeseboy58 fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 16, 2021

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Great thank yall for the informative posts. Im going to use my guess card and say its the blood vial from her?

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Holy gently caress gently caress the cthulu guys man lol that upper chapel got me piiissed

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Seems like theres a bunch of bosses in the dungeons not in the main game. Do they ever drop any loot or is it always more chalices for new dunjohns. Not really feeling the layout in these...

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Ive binged out on this game for the past 2 weeks. i think the lores really great stuff. Easily the most cryptic storytelling fromsoft has done..i like to think great ones arent so bad, and humanity just opened up a giant can of worms onto itself

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Basic Chunnel posted:

Who wants to hoont Ludwig with me

I need him too. If you want to do some runs sunday. My psn is JaybabyyG

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

RaySmuckles posted:

logarius wheel owns too :colbert:

but yeah, faster "skill" weapons tend to be the most fun to play with. i'm doing a whirligig run now and its like "eh." sure it wrecks but it doesn't feel as satisfying as smashing poo poo into paste as the wheel, nor the big booms from boom hammer

maybe i should switch to the beast cutter

Nononono whirligig l2 is the best move in the game!!!!

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

StashAugustine posted:

Anything in particular I should do before going to the end of the game?

Yeah, get the dlc :getin:

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Bloodborne is a spooky game and all but the mob that unnerves me the most are the headless patients in the research hall. Something about the mob being silent while you fight it doesnt sit right with me

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Dlc fights are infinitely more fun without a summon. Summoning is cheating. Related, lady maria is a really funny boss fight if you try to parry her

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

WoodrowSkillson posted:

thinking summoning is cheating is silly af

I like/have done coop a lot and think its fun but if youve never done the fights before yeah it kinda messes with the whole flow of a boss fight :shrug:

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
I have church pick but im having a hard time wanting to drop beasthunter saif..this weapon is nuts lol

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

snoremac posted:

Finally got Laurence down after 20+ tries and made up for it by first timing (on a replay) Living Failures and Maria. There are certainly random hunters in the game that are a bigger task than Maria, as cool as her moveset looks.

Time to get hosed up by Orphan.

I didnt really start parrying until ng+ and its crazy how much it destroys some fights. Maria for how cool the fight is feels like a joke

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Just got plat for the game. Great stuff. So great i kept on playing and beelined thru the first 3 bosses. A hunter shant ever rest...

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Bust Rodd posted:

https://twitter.com/wifemetal/status/1409496695126204419?s=21

This woman fed screenshots of Bloodborne to an AI and told it to try and paint a picture with the information. She is programming it to have eyes on the inside.

Oh HELL y3ah!

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
I need more fights like orphan and laurence in my life

Heithinn Grasida posted:

— the first boss of the DLC probably took me a hundred tries and I’m terrified of the last boss if anything I’ve read about his difficulty is true.

Id argue ludwig is harder than orphan for me at least.

Everytime i replay this game i shudder and mentally clench myself going to places like fishing village, school of mensa, the woods drat near everywhere really. The atmosphere is just too drat oppressive and i always get that "someones right behind me" feeling lol

cheeseboy58 fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jul 30, 2021

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Steve Yun posted:

I have +10 saw cleaver
+9 axe
+9 tonitrus

Everything else is in +6 hell.

I discovered an entire zone I’d never been to (nightmare frontier) and found some blood rock chunks

What should I upgrade past +6?

Whirlygig

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Steve Yun posted:

Okay I think I got orphan figured out for the first two phases

Anyone got strategies for the winged phase?

Hit him but dodge his attacks

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Sekiro and bloodborne go together like peaches and cream...their best 2 games for sure

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Final phase of laurence is probably my favorite thing about bloodborne. Just mental, i love it

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

BB/From games never clicked with me but I'm really enjoying it now after dusting off the PS4. Just beat Rom and am now in the Nightmare Frontier.

Am I doing something particularly "wrong" by still maining the hunter axe and putting upgrade resources into it? I know the holy blade and others are fan favorites, but I just love the way the axe feels, especially in two-handed mode :sickos:

Do whatever you want to do goon

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

kung fu jive posted:

I have always known at some point I was going to get some sort of From Software tattoo and the time is now. Obviously I'm getting something(s) from Bloodborne. There was a post on here a long while ago with some fan art of various bosses and beasts in black and white with intricate line work (characterizations like a comic book almost) and for the life of me I cannot find it. It was the moment I was inspired to get a BB tattoo. Shot in the dark: if anyone finds it I will love you. I'm digging through thread pages myself but who knows :shrug:. I'm pretty open to inspiration at this point. It's my body and I'll know when I see something that clicks. Also like to give the tattoo artist some creative freedom because it's more fun that way.

E: Also obviously starting a new Bloodborne run now.

I have one of Oedon on my back

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Have you tried using the Old Hunters Bone for better dodging

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Steve Yun posted:

I’m terrible at these games.

I panic when I get damage and panic roll

I dont have enough presence of mind to read windup animations

I dont try out buffs or bother to learn anything about them, I just overlevel and power through fights

I was only able to beat Elden Ring because I found some great rune farms and exploited glitches

Ok

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

WaltherFeng posted:

https://youtu.be/Sc2kA8JfnaY

This is like the coolest poo poo ever and when people complain it's like a different game I'm reading about.

I loving love that fight so god drat much inject it into my veins now!!!!!!!!! Gaaaaaaaah

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
I kill the spiders because it guarantees rom dies

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
I dont like the micolash fight at all. I dont have issues getting him trapped but the whole thing is unfun to me. Chasing clown dude down damp hallways i wish i could pass on the whole thing

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

chupacabraTERROR posted:

Same man. It’s not that I can’t afford $20 for the dlc, it’s the principle of paying full price for a 7 year old dlc. Then again I got the base game for “free”, so…

But really though, once it hit level 70 I may just buy it, but it wouldn’t make sense until I’m at a reasonable enough level to play it. Trying to hold strong. I am sure the dlc introduced nothing new and interesting, and certainly no cool arcane based weapons, right?

E: best vicar Amelia and dark beast Paarl yesterday, I’m rollin’

Yeah dont bother. Base game is fantastic with incredible boss fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Nikumatic posted:

Lies of P understands the assignment of ripping off Bloodborne in many ways, but the most important one is definitely that it knows it needed a Pizza Cutter.

Im so happy we got another bloodborney rear end game. I love bloodborne