Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
It's exceptionally-weird to be so anti-ronin when the name of your game comes from a book by a dude who was absolutely not a loyal samurai serving a lord but a wandering murderhobo who beat people up with boat oars.

Also, while yeah, the L5R dice are definitely different, the Genesys dice are identical to the Star Wars dice just with generic symbols instead of Star-Warsy ones. The distribution and meaning of the symbols is the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Yeah, there's no real point in resetting the timeline if they're just going to hit all the same story beats again. And I say this as someone who really wants Monkey clan back.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Yeah, no second day of Thunder means no Agasha defection in the first place, IIRC?

Timeline resets!

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I miss the glory days of Phoenix having three Shugenja families. They did some neat stuff with the Agasha as a Phoenix family honestly, and the Tamori were great as the second rowdiest wizard family.

I'm not gonna be over timeline resets eliminating the Monkey clan until they give me an equivalent 'no we were totally not founded by a secret peasant who found a sword and happened to be in the right place/right time' minor clan so I feel you.