Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Gave the RPG beta a quick read-over. It looks pretty playable. I like the character creation chapter. Blank dice are cheap, if you want to mark them up yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I think it's going to speed up a lot with the addition of expansions. These games tend to. People having the rules/rings memorized a bit better will also be helpful.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe put out a set of shadowlands neutrals that you can use, but if you use any SL neutrals, you can't use any imperial ones. Have story choices based on if(or how many of) the tournament's winners are tainted by the shadowlands.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

SuperKlaus posted:

There is still time to avoid grognardy in L5R design.

I'd only started looking over the rules, but I'll take an extra look at this. Is there a thread about it on the ffg forums yet?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

PaybackJack posted:

I'm not sure where this was spoiled but here's the card that prevents you from losing the game. Worded in such a way that you can't use it to avoid paying a cost. Not sure that even with being restricted to 1 copy I'd run a single copy of it.

I like this card because it will normally not help too much, but there are some cases where it will make someone lose their mind.