Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

OutofSight posted:

But can we aim for the Luke + Sayako ending. That man has the best qualities for being a ghost sacrifiece.

It is quite interesting seeing Isabella's gang enjoying themselves on the fancy houseparty,while she might be in a hospital in coma from the bad end.
Probably, i'm pretty sure you can get everyone killed. I don't know how difficult it is though, since he's a slippery bastard. But what i know is that you can end with Luke being blamed for all the victims and dubbed "the Anslem butcher", so maybe that's also an acceptable outcome :v:

Glazius posted:

Man, now I'm convinced Hannah doesn't really acknowledge the ghost because she's got worse things to worry about.
Speaking of, she totally brushed off the ghost again. I mean in all fairness, since she didn't open the hatch this is the first time she's actually seen her instead of being chocked from behind or something, but maybe she should have at least realized the strange resemblance to that bad Edvard Munch painting that suddenly vanished.

A short update coming in a bit, since we need to make one more small decision before the end-game of Hannah's route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

HenryEx posted:

Probably, i'm pretty sure you can get everyone killed. I don't know how difficult it is though, since he's a slippery bastard. But what i know is that you can end with Luke being blamed for all the victims and dubbed "the Anslem butcher", so maybe that's also an acceptable outcome :v:

Welp, guess I know what ending we're aiming for.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Link to update:

Hannah VIII: Fleeing the scene

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 1, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I’m gonna set up Hannah and Zach like my life depends on it.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Nooo, it's so awkward, why are people voting for more embarrassment?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm already starting to develop kind of a visceral fear of dark backgrounds. I guess good job there, game?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Link to update:

Hannah IX: My prince

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 2, 2017

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It just occured to me that i went through two routes within this month. Hannah's actually seems to be a bit shorter than Isabella's - only 9 updates compared to the first 13.
Still, there's seven routes in this game. With this pace, i'll be doing this for the rest of the year and then some.

Why did i think this was a good idea.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
I appreciate the effort, and I'm excited to see where the thread decides to take things. This game isn't flawless or anything, but I found myself getting invested anyway, enough to try to get the ~*True Ending*~

I'm glad we voted for the dancing scene. I thrive on cringe.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Klingon w Bowl Cut posted:

I'm glad we voted for the dancing scene. I thrive on cringe.

I literally scrolled to get that bit out of my view as fast as possible. Cringe is the worst thing ever and I hate every one who voted for it.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Luke's actually alright deep down. The issue is that it's very deep down. Very deep down.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Luke's actually alright deep down. The issue is that it's very deep down. Very deep down.

Exactly. Time to see how deep the rabbit hole goes. And if that does not work out, we can throw him and his issues in the ghost basement.

Was he one of the seven playable paths for the near future?

OutofSight fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 1, 2017

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

OutofSight posted:

Exactly. Time to see how deep the rabbit hole goes. And if that does not work out we can throw him and his issues in the ghost basement.

Was he one of the seven playable paths for the near future?
Yes. In fact, his route begins exactly where this one ends - after Hannah's encounter in the kitchen.
He's the last view point character though, so it will take a while until we get to see how he ticks. From a first person perspective, anyways. Just like Hannah gets close to Zach from Isabella's group, Luke becomes :airquote: friends :airquote: with someone else from that group, so there's some quality time with Lucille coming sometime in the future.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

You know, if Luke's deal is what I think it probably is (wants someone who he respects who will value him because he is insecure as gently caress) then I actually think Luke and Hannah's marriage would probably be saved by honest engagement in couples therapy and learning to communicate what they both want to one another.

You know, baring horrible wraith.

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

Night10194 posted:

You know, if Luke's deal is what I think it probably is (wants someone who he respects who will value him because he is insecure as gently caress) then I actually think Luke and Hannah's marriage would probably be saved by honest engagement in couples therapy and learning to communicate what they both want to one another.

You know, baring horrible wraith.

Yea. It seems like he wants the strong independent woman he married, and rather than talk to her and encourage her to be less subservient, he turned to alcohol.

Too bad the death ghost probably won't give them the chance. Well that and his elitist, racist personality.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Yeah dude did not make a good look for himself hatin' on Zach, who is so far the best guy in this story.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Night10194 posted:

Yeah dude did not make a good look for himself hatin' on Zach, who is so far the best guy in this story.

He's just insecure because Zach is such a good dude.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Link to update:

Zachary I: Haunted by the past

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 3, 2017

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It's weird but so far pretty much all of the characters actually make a lot of sense when you get to see their internal narration, you know?

I kinda had the vibe something was up with Zach before now, too. The sort of sensitive guy who gets really, really passionate when he finally feels safe speaking about an issue just screams something deeply personal. It's a shame he's worried about mental healthcare; I'm guessing Navarro is his psychiatrist.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Night10194 posted:

It's weird but so far pretty much all of the characters actually make a lot of sense when you get to see their internal narration, you know?

I'm sure Luke's inner narration will just make me hate him even more.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm sure Luke's inner narration will just make me hate him even more.

Probably, but I suspect he'll have a fairly consistent and logical characterization.

About being an rear end in a top hat.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, crud. Existing ghost issues are no protection against future ghost issues.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

You know, it's weird...didn't Isabella show the letter to more than 5 people? Ghost is a loving liar.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Link to update:

Zachary II: Inner and outer demons

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 4, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Uh uh, this dude ain't yanking our friend away from breakfast. Even if she pronounces "paella" like a dork.

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

No one even asked/told Isabella about their plans. We should let her enjoy breakfast if she wants.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Something I have noticed and was waiting to comment on until it happened again, but it hasn't; the ladies look like they have an allergic reaction whenever they are sad and/or angry. I really don't get how this artistic direction of red swollen eyes got decided on...

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Thesaya posted:

Something I have noticed and was waiting to comment on until it happened again, but it hasn't; the ladies look like they have an allergic reaction whenever they are sad and/or angry. I really don't get how this artistic direction of red swollen eyes got decided on...

You mean the pc heads, who emote a lot more than the npc heads?
When Hannah was the point of view all her emoting heads had thar weird little red spot around the eyes. It really did look like some kind of allergy...

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Isabella is, for some reason, the only lady to escape the curse of the red eyes. Well, mostly. All the shadows on her face have a reddish tint from her hair. But we'll definitely see that again for the other characters.

I did mention before that the art direction is a little weird. It's very good for all the background work, and looks both sort of stylish and sort of weird on characters. The POV mug shots for women (except Isa) all have these red eye highlights and similar face, which makes them all end up looking kind of samey and only distinguished brightly by the hair. Not to mention the difference between "1st person view" and "3rd person view" is rather stark.
You can see them switch in this update when Isabella goes off-screen to open the door. It looks kinda funny.

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
I suspect Ash is gonna eventually turn out to be aware and on top of everything, like horror Batman. So if he needs Isabella to leave, it's probably important.

Looks like my vote is a droplet in the ocean, though. :sweatdrop:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Proper nutrition is important to all aspects of life, including fending off hungry ghosts.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Glazius posted:

Proper nutrition is important to all aspects of life, including fending off hungry ghosts.

And hungry Ash.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

HenryEx posted:

Isabella is, for some reason, the only lady to escape the curse of the red eyes. Well, mostly. All the shadows on her face have a reddish tint from her hair. But we'll definitely see that again for the other characters.

I did mention before that the art direction is a little weird. It's very good for all the background work, and looks both sort of stylish and sort of weird on characters. The POV mug shots for women (except Isa) all have these red eye highlights and similar face, which makes them all end up looking kind of samey and only distinguished brightly by the hair. Not to mention the difference between "1st person view" and "3rd person view" is rather stark.
You can see them switch in this update when Isabella goes off-screen to open the door. It looks kinda funny.

Well there is this one; , which is the first time I noticed it, but it is definitely just a mild case compared to Hanna and apparently all the women.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Link to update:

Zachary III: A messed up development

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Nov 7, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zach was shooting on film, so no glitch there.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm pretty sure that given the way things have gone Hannah would just say how horrible it is that the film was defective.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Show it to Ash imo.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

chitoryu12 posted:

Zach was shooting on film, so no glitch there.

a lot of film cameras have digital displays nowadays, so could still be the case.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Our good homie Ash coul write us an exorcism rap, so we can banish the supernatural with the power of cringe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Link to update:

Zachary IV: The lesser of two evils

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Nov 7, 2017

• Locked thread