Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay I could obviously google that but what is TERF?

Also I got an actual warning for using a racial slur and hate speech for the word CHUD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Calaveron posted:

Isn't Mike S Miller the yugioh evolution man

He absolutely is

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Okay I could obviously google that but what is TERF?

Also I got an actual warning for using a racial slur and hate speech for the word CHUD.

"Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist"

Transphobia disguised as feminism.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1042808003991416832?s=19

Twitter is doing the same thing with "terf", saying it's a slur. Its ridiculous

Looking at the fismech post i think its just code to make spoilered text visible without having to hover over it but thanks for looking out

It gets worse, facebook is using a handful of "fact checkers" to review articles. While most are legit, one is a newly formed right wing organization that has already articles critical of rightwing policy on semantic grounds. Publications that are dinged with "untruthful articles" see their facebook traffic cut by something like 80%.

Of course, there's blatantly partisan leftist fat checkers included in their review board. Facebook also doesn't use any oversight on these factcheckers. I can't remember the article I read this on, else I'd link it.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Skwirl posted:

Twitter is pretending TERF is a slur? loving christ.
From talking to a bunch of people who've eaten suspensions for saying it, common consensus seems to be that it's probably a combination of mass reporting and the algorithm.

aegof posted:

Thus, a not-even-half-joking push to replace it with Feminist-Appropriating Reactionary Transphobe.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

aegof posted:

Basically it's cis women (many of whom are lesbian) pointing at transpeople and screeching "Only those born with ovaries are REAL womyn!!!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gynovore posted:

Basically it's cis women (many of whom are lesbian) pointing at transpeople and screeching "Only those born with ovaries are REAL womyn!!!"

I wouldn't say many of them are lesbians, but TERFs have been trying hard to recruit lesbians lately, using some moon math to try to argue that supporting trans rights means you hate lesbians.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/FabianNicieza/status/1042433281055252480

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

And, shockingly, from what I understand Cautionary Comics wasn't even invited to MegaCon. So they're not going to the thing they weren't invited to.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
In addition to Facebook's attempts to combat "fake news," last I checked Zuck was standing behind Facebook explicitly NOT doing anything about holocaust denial.

Just. Y'know.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah I'm pretty sure that Zuckerberg has gone full Libertarian. So no surprises there.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

David D. Davidson posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure that Zuckerberg has gone full presidential candidate. So no surprises there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

How are you going to balance the budget?

We'll run ads

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Calaveron posted:

Isn't Mike S Miller the yugioh evolution man

Welcome to hell fuckos

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The worst part of this for me is there's not actually a maximum number of yugioh cards, there's new ones every few months

His dumb poo poo analogy is fundamentally flawed

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The con reversed their stance and reinvited him so it's going to be interesting to see how many other people drop out now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

The con reversed their stance and reinvited him so it's going to be interesting to see how many other people drop out now.

Was Deodato planning to attend that one? If anyone of similar or larger stature drops out because of this I could see a snowball effect.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Was Deodato planning to attend that one? If anyone of similar or larger stature drops out because of this I could see a snowball effect.

I don't think that Deodato does many US cons these days at all does he? He's still based in Brazil as far as I know. I think he was just weighing in to praise them.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

A bold move to become ComicsGate Con.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Theyre called klan rallies

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

site posted:

Theyre called klan rallies
KomiKKlavern.

It looks like people should just use Mastodon and ditch these platforms. Their only advantage is that of the first-mover, which is why we still take photos with Kodaks and fly on Pan Am.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/heymermaid/status/1042464773999394817

im dying here

ed:

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1042863465558290433

are comicsgaters crying out about censorship yet

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Sep 21, 2018

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
But they are going to go back and ADD Batman's penis to print editions of every other Batman story.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
what penis?

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
I assume just removing Batman's penis by preventing Batman and his variations from ever being portrayed by men again is not on the table at this time...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kurtofan posted:

what penis?

Batman: Damned, in its first edition, answers the question of whether Batman is circumcised. Later editions will not.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kurtofan posted:

what penis?

Fiest print of Damned has Batman's cock

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Fiest print of Damned has Batman's cock

...may i see it?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

...may i see it?

Yeah just Google batman's penis and some of the image searches aren't censored. It is flaccid and about the size of an arm.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Rhyno posted:

I got lost in the conversation - is this referring to Tampa and who got reinvited? Because I have friends attending and need to know.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Grand Rapids and Mike S Miller.

The S stands for Shithead.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Thanks, I’ll pass that on. Friends in question are exactly who shitheads enjoy harassing so I’ll give them a heads-up. May write a strongly-worded email to the con too.

Edit: for what it’s worth he’s not listed in the app show program so maybe he won’t show

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 21, 2018

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Welcome to hell fuckos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJDgVlv55Uw

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/ImageComics/status/1043178922739945472

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
DC needs to get her on something asap.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I knew she got abuse, but Jesus loving Christ

quote:

Cain stayed off Twitter for three months, only once checking in on the hysteria. “I’ve seen some really terrible things,” she remembers. “The thing that really will always haunt me is this illustration of Mockingbird—and this was somebody with talent, like, it was drawn and inked, it looked professional: Mockingbird brutalized and raped, dead. Her costume all torn off, bloody, really violent. And she’s laying there, horribly murdered and bruised and it said, ‘Ask me about my feminist agenda.’”

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/mikedeodato/status/1043515224035352576

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ecto Vomit Swamp.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Speaking of, Ecto posted a list of the "coordinated attacks" on CG. One was 'Darwyn Cooke's widow baiting CG.' That turned around pretty quick. 'BleedingCool hit pieces.'

Also Uncle Ecto seems to think he lost the 'debate' he had with Joe Q. I wasn't aware there was an actual thing. Just a couple of CG non-responses to Joe and then nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Speaking of, Ecto posted a list of the "coordinated attacks" on CG. One was 'Darwyn Cooke's widow baiting CG.' That turned around pretty quick. 'BleedingCool hit pieces.'

Also Uncle Ecto seems to think he lost the 'debate' he had with Joe Q. I wasn't aware there was an actual thing. Just a couple of CG non-responses to Joe and then nothing.

If he wants to call the Joe Q stuff a debate I'm happy to say Joe Q won it.

• Locked thread